[Switch] Fire Emblem: Three Houses/Wind, Flower, Snow, Moon

Who will you teach in your first playthrough?

• Black Eagles (Edelgard & the Adrestian Empire)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Blue Lions (Dimitri & the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Golden Deers (Claude & the Leicester Alliance)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973

Info from previous thread on Azurilland: https://www.azurilland.com/forums/non-pokemon-forums/video-games/545397-switch-fire-emblem-three-houses-wind-flower-snow

Fire Emblem 16: Three Houses, is the new instalment in the series for Nintendo Switch, coming out on July 26, 2019. Set on the continent of Fodlan, the player - who is an avatar, somewhat - is a mercenary who becomes a professor at the Garreg Mach Monastery's Officer's Academy in the centre of the continent. There, you choose to teach one of the Three Houses - the Adrestian Empire's Black Eagles, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus's Blue Lions, and the Leicester Alliance's Golden Deers - and the students into stronger fighters, through combat, magic, healing, and different types of combat. Meanwhile, you'll receive dreams where you encounter a mysterious girl/manakete named Sothis (who, unless I'm mistaken, is voiced by Cassandra Lee Morris)

Teaching is divided into learning new skills (with the introduction of Fighting for unarmed combat, Reason for magic, and Faith for Healing, as well as gaining skill in Heavy Armor, flying and riding, as well as something called Authority) and training your students in battles. Reclassing is achieved through Exams, which gives units rather... insane versatility.

The game also has a Limited Edition, both of which are different for the two regions. (I couldn't find a picture for Japan, so I don't know what their's is like.

European Limited Edition:

North American/Australian Seasons of Warfare Edition:

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
The idea of improving units by teaching them is an interesting idea. I’ll probably skip on this title until I catch up on the older games other than Awakening and Fates.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
We haven't heard much at all from this game since the recent overview trailer, but 2 tracks from the Sound Selection CD were released to tease the Japanese 33 track Sound Selection CD. Yeah. 33 tracks. Insane. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to preorder the Seasons of Warfare Edition, so my experience with the music is basically restricted to YouTube and the game itself, ha.

Main Theme (Japanese):

Fódlan:

EDIT: The English Version of the main theme is now out!

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Some new updates! Famitsu has leaked, and the scans have been translated.

Here's the translated bits compiled:

Protagonist (default: M ベレト Byleth, F ベレス Bylese?)

• You originally work as mercenary but your talents get noticed so you become a teacher in academy
  • Your mom already passed away so you live with your dad who was leader of Knights of Seiros & now leads a mercenary band
Geralt

• A legendary being who is also said to be the strongest knight in history
  • Was summoned to Garreg Mach Monastery together with the protagonist, which makes him return to the Knights once again
Sothis

• A mysterious girl who looks young but speaks in an old manner
  • She saves the protag at the fateful night
  • She normally doesn’t show herself up and she speaks with telepathy into your head, so no one except you notices her
  • She also lost the memory of her true self
Edelgard

• Princess of the Adrestian Empire who has been promised the position of the next empress
  • A talented woman who has a cold & noble atmosphere
  • Adrestian Empire has the longest history
  • Many people here are more skilled in magic than weapons
Dimitri

• An eloquent youth who has good manners & embodied chivalry, but he somehow holds a shadow
  • Perhaps because the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus is known for its knights, many of the students here are good at using spears
Claude

• A friendly youth whose smile fits him well
  • Although he doesn’t seem like thinking of things too deeply, he has a sharp insight
  • Compared to the other classes, Golden Deer has more commoner students
  • Many of them are also good at using bows
Gameplay

• Game is confirmed having a time rewind system
  • This is made possible by Sothis’ ability to turn back time
  • The system is similar to FE Echoes where you can rewind per movement but the amount of usage allowed is also limited
  • Terrain effects: Other than determining movement costs and evasion rates, some spots may have gimmicks such as healing HP or even warp a character to another spot
  • When the game is just booted, there will be choices for Normal/Hard difficulty and Casual/Classic mode
  • Class Change now uses a Qualification Exam system: Character needs to spend Exam Passes and the chance of passing improves with correct skill ranks
  • Once the class has been unlocked, the character can freely change back anytime
  • Level won’t go back to Lv1 either when reclassing (EDIT: Gameplay has shown that level does not reset for reclassing. Do not know about promotions)
  • Characters start in Commoner or Noble class depending on their origins, but these starting classes are same stat-wise: can just use some magic with no other highlights
  • The first class upgrades after Lv5: Myrmidon (Sword), Soldier (Spear), Warrior (Axe & Bow), Monk (Magic)
  • Ranked skills: Sword Skill, Spear Skill, Axe Skill, Bow Skill, Physics (Black & Dark magic), Faith (White magic), Flying (Flier classes), Heavy Armor (Armored classes), Horseriding (Cavalry classes)
  • Each character has good & bad ranks

Last edited:

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
I’m pretty hyped for this game. I was apprehensive before the trailer at the beginning of the year, but now I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Just glad a lot of features that got me hooked into FE in the first place are still around.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
There's a lot of info that's come out on Famitsu - which you can check out on Serenes Forest (I don't feel like compiling it all) - but from what I can probably predict, the Treehouse segment for Three Houses (because there's obviously going to be one) will more than likely cover everything we've learned from Famitsu. Anything else is going to be a bonus.

So, the characters in each house, the calendar, the skirmishes and end of month maps, skills, teaching, the mess hall, quests, all the different gauges, etc. will be in it.

Will we get confirmation on the English Voice Actors? Probably not.

Silver

Ice Ice Baby
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Christian
Rip Christina Vee

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Looking forward to Three Houses. I'm probably going to avoid hearing more about it, I want to go in as blind as possible.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973

So, after the trailer at E3, we can definitely say that the leaks by Thanibomb are 100% legit. Don't look at them if you don't want to know.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/bp3km3/thanibomb_three_houses_rumors_summarycompilation/ )

• 5 year timeskip, with new art for characters to boot. (Dimitri, what happened to you?!) We're getting MUCH darker here.
  • Edelgard definitely took up the reigns as Empress of Adrestia, but Dimitri and Claude are difficult to say.
  • Byleth now has white/light green hair and eyes, no idea what went on there. If the leak is true that Byleth is not customisable at all (aside from gender, name, and stats), then it makes a lot of sense.
  • Cassandra Lee Morris is still the amnesiac manakete with time travelling powers - maybe her influence rubbed off on Byleth somehow. NDA probably still hasn't dropped on English voice actors, though we know Tara Platt is Edelgard.
  • The Sword of The Creator (Nemesis and Byleth's whip sword) is apparently a legendary weapon with 1-2 range, and shows off very prominently here. Perhaps it, along with the Crest of Flames (the symbol on Nemesis, Sothis, and Byleth) are the Fire Emblem of this game.

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973

An overview trailer featuring new looks at things shown at E3 and in Famitsu - as well as maps, a bit more of cutscenes, and a little bit of info on the DLC coming along with the game.

Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese, so we might need to wait for the English version. If that ever happens.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
https://fireemblem.nintendo.com/three-houses/

The English website is up and running, with some small videos, and voice clips from a number of characters. From these, we've got a good idea as to who the English voice actors are:

EDIT: Updating the list with the CORRECT voice actors, as some of them are confirming their roles.

EDIT 2: Put in the entire list from the wikia/fandom wikia thing, and added which voices are unconfirmed. Will update as VAs get revealed.

Voice Director: Patrick Seitz

Male Byleth: Zach Aguilar (recast from Chris Niosi)
Female Byleth: Jeannie Tirado
Sothis: Cassandra Lee Morris
Seiros: Cherami Leigh (unconfirmed)
Nemesis: ???
Anna: Karen Strassman (unconfirmed, but based on her work as other Annas)

Edelgard: Tara Platt
Hubert: Robbie Daymond
Bernadetta: Erica Mendez
Ferdinand: Billy Kametz
Dorothea: Allegra Clark
Petra: Faye Mata
Caspar: Ben Diskin
Lindhart: ???

Claude: Joe Zieja
Lorenz: Ben Diskin
Raphael: Zack Rice
Hilda: Celeste Henderson
Ignatz: Christian La Monte
Leonie: Ratana
Lysithea: Janice Kawaye
Marianne: Xanthe Huynh

Dimitri: Chris Hackney
Annete: Abby Trott
Mercedes: Dorothy Elias-Fahn
Dedue: Ben Lepley
Sylvain: Joe Brogie
Ashe: Shannon Mckain
Felix: Lucien Dodge
Ingrid: ???

Hanneman: Dan Woren
Manuela: Veronica Taylor
Jeritza: Patrick Seitz

Rhea: Cherami Leigh
Seteth: Mark Whitten
Flayn: Deva Marie

Jeralt: David Lodge
Shamir: Allegra Clark
Catherine: Laura Post
Alois: ???
Cyril: Griffin Burns

Kostas: Brad Venable
Lonato: ???
Flame Emperor: ???
Death Knight: ???
Thales: ???
Solon: ???
Kronya: Colleen O'Shaughnessey

(God damn, 2 Igors in this game)

As well, the review/preview embargo has dropped, so... gameplay and stuff has popped up, even the opening cutscene which I will not disclose unless you want to look yourself.

Last edited:

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Mercedes: Dorothy Elias-Fahn (Not familiar with her)
She was Melody in Hunter x Hunter, but other than that yeah, I am also not that familiar with her work.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Ah... never watched HxH, so... yeah, no idea about that. Apparently Kyle Hebert (Frederick in Awakening) voices a number of side characters, but not anyone particularly interesting as far as we can tell. GameXplain had a massive 40 Question Q&A about the game so far, so... interesting stuff there.

Anyway, a lot of the units' strengths, weaknesses, and hidden talents (the 3 stars that become strengths when tutored) have been revealed. I think all of them, so I'll put down what's been found for each house. (Still waiting on Bernadetta's Hidden Talent, but damn it, I am getting Lysithea in my first run if it's the last thing I do!)

EDIT: Added Bernadetta's Hidden Talent, as well as her remaining Weakness.

Edelgard
Strengths: Sword, Axe, Authority, Heavy Armor
Weaknesses: Bow, Faith
Hidden Talent: Reason

Bernadetta
Strengths: Lance, Bow
Weaknesses: Sword, Axe, Brawling, Heavy Armor
Hidden Talent: Riding

Caspar
Strengths: Axe, Brawling
Weaknesses: Bow, Reason, Authority
Hidden Talent: None

Dorothea
Strengths: Sword, Reason
Weaknesses: Faith, Riding, Flying
Hidden Talent: Faith

Ferdinand
Strengths: Sword, Lance, Axe, Riding
Weaknesses: None
Hidden Talent: Heavy Armor

Hubert
Strengths: Bow, Reason, Authority
Weaknesses: Axe, Faith, Flying
Hidden Talent: Lance

Linhardt
Strengths: Reason, Faith
Weaknesses: Axe, Brawling

Petra
Strengths: Sword, Axe, Bow, Flying
Weaknesses: Reason, Faith

Dimitri
Strengths: Sword, Lance, Authority
Weaknesses: Axe, Reason
Hidden Talent: Riding

Annette
Strengths: Axe, Reason, Authority
Weaknesses: Bow, Heavy Armor

Ashe
Strengths: Axe, Bow
Weaknesses: Reason

Dedue
Strengths: Lance, Axe, Brawling, Heavy Armor
Weaknesses: Riding, Flying

Felix
Strengths: Sword, Bow, Brawling
Weaknesses: Reason, Authority

Ingrid
Strengths: Sword, Lance, Riding, Flying

Mercedes
Strengths: Reason, Faith
Weaknesses: Sword, Lance, Axe, Heavy Armor
Hidden Talent: Bow

Sylvain
Strengths: Lance, Axe, Riding
Weaknesses: Bow

Claude
Strengths: Sword, Bow, Authority, Riding, Flying
Weaknesses: Lance, Faith
Hidden Talent: Axe

Hilda
Strengths: Lance, Axe
Weaknesses: Faith, Authority
Hidden Talent: Heavy Armor

Ignatz
Strengths: Sword, Bow, Authority
Weaknesses: Flying

Leonie
Strengths: Lance, Bow, Riding

Lorenz
Strengths: Lance, Bow, Reason, Riding
Weaknesses: Brawling

Lysithea
Strengths: Reason, Faith, Authority
Weaknesses: Sword, Lance, Axe, Heavy Armor
Hidden Talent: Sword

Marianne
Strengths: Sword, Faith, Riding, Flying
Weaknesses: Brawling, Heavy Armor

Raphael
Strengths: Axe, Brawling, Heavy Armor
Weaknesses: Bow, Reason, Riding

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is out now!

Feel free to start discussion as you play through the game. Make sure to keep spoilers in spoilers, you know?

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Well, now that it's come out, it is now safe for me to say I worked on this game. I couldn't really say much due to a nondisclosure that I signed, and Nintendo really doesn't want me talking about stuff that isn't already public knowledge, but my name should be in the credits so it's technically public knowledge now that I worked on this game.

I'll probably buy the game some time later, but I'm interested to hear how you guys are enjoying it.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I'm not a huge FE fan and I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm loving this game so far. I went with the Lions to start out the game, and really like the characters. The time management and exploration mechanics are a blast, too!

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I definitely suggest playing through all routes at some point in order to get the full story. I won't say anything more than that.

Personally, I really don't know which route I'd start with. Black Eagles feels like a good beginning to the story, but I like Claude the most out of the three, but the Blue Lions is where all the cool people are at.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Loving the game so far. It's just so beautiful, well voiced, and of course fun. Went with Black Eagles, but I'll certainly play the other houses routes once this is done. Christ this feels like what I expected Mirage Sessions to be like when it was first announced. Only bought the game today and now I'm two chapters in.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
well i finished part 1 chapter 12 on the blue lions and GODDAMN this game is AMAZING!! it's made me cry twice so far, once in a support convo and the other time was at the beginning of part 2. iirc im on chapter 3 of part 2 and i cant wait to get home and play some more lol