[Switch] Fire Emblem: Three Houses/Wind, Flower, Snow, Moon

Who will you teach in your first playthrough?

• Black Eagles (Edelgard & the Adrestian Empire)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Blue Lions (Dimitri & the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Golden Deers (Claude & the Leicester Alliance)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Finally finished the Black Eagles story and will start up New Game + soon with the Yellow Deer. I really like the changes they made to the class system and how skills are obtained. This combined with its popularity should make it a good starting point for people in the FE series.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
I chose the Black Eagles first (because of Hubert) and I'm at Chapter 7 I think? Just after the big three way house battle.
I am loving almost everything about this game so far. The player character movement speed took some getting used to, but I'm really likeing the Battalions and lack of class weapon limits. And the beast enemies are awesome to fight, I hope there's more of those soon.

And the story is pretty cool, much better than recent FE games have been. I'm coming up with way to many suspiciouns and such, so I thought I'd post up my theories so far, so I can look back later and see how close I was.

So, right now my theories are:
Jeralt is lying about the grave in the church being Byleth's mother's. The dates don't match up, as the stone says they died before Jeralt left the Monestary, while Byleth supposedly was born later.
Alternatively, Rhea is actually Byleth's mother.

Speaking of which, Rhea is actually Seiros.

Flayn is not Seteth's sister, but actually his daughter. Rhea is the mother.

Flayn is actually Saint Cethleann, and like Rhea has somehow not aged.

The Death Knight is Jeralt.

Monica is the one who kidnapped Flayn and is working with the Death Knight.

Tomas is secretly evil, or if not will be killed by the Death Knight.

Seteth or Catherine will be unrecruitable, and you must kill them later on.

Jeralt will die, like all parents of FE Protagonists before him.

At some point Hubert will grow a Goatee.

Sothis is a Manakete, and will become playable near the end of the game.

This next one might be a bigger spoiler if I'm right, so I'll mark it seperately:
The Flame Emporer is Edelgard.

Same colour scheme, Edelgard has the Crest of Flame, and is good with Magic as well as Axes. Plus I'm 90% sure that their voice is Tara Platt's with a few layers of distortion.
Also, the opening song's japanese title is The Lady of Hresvelg, and many of the lyrics sound like they are from the Flame Emporer's POV.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Hubert? Fair enough. I chose Black Eagles first because of Edelgard. Hit chapter 9 and loving it so far. May have had to restart from scratch (once, thankfully I haven't been so careless since) due to overusing Byleth's sword and not knowing how to repair it. Still actively trying to avoid spoiling the game for myself and/or others. Overall I love most students in the house I picked, can't stand Linhardt though he's far too lazy for my liking.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Hubert? Fair enough. I chose Black Eagles first because of Edelgard. Hit chapter 9 and loving it so far. May have had to restart from scratch (once, thankfully I haven't been so careless since) due to overusing Byleth's sword and not knowing how to repair it. Still actively trying to avoid spoiling the game for myself and/or others. Overall I love most students in the house I picked, can't stand Linhardt though he's far too lazy for my liking.
Not really a spoiler but the game tells you how to repair Byleth's sword: choose rest on one of your days off to get 5 uses again. You can also repair it using a rare ore called Umbral Steel, but this is hard to find and is probably better spent repairing other weapons since you can repair the Sword of the Creator whenever you want.

Fwiw though, on my second playthrough I hardly used the sword anyways. Black magic and a levin sword were fine for me.

Oh, speaking of which I beat the Black Eagles church route on NG+ and have started on NG++ with the Golden Deer. I'm going to do the Black Eagles Empire route last.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I chose the Black Eagles first (because of Hubert) and I'm at Chapter 7 I think? Just after the big three way house battle.
I am loving almost everything about this game so far. The player character movement speed took some getting used to, but I'm really likeing the Battalions and lack of class weapon limits. And the beast enemies are awesome to fight, I hope there's more of those soon.

And the story is pretty cool, much better than recent FE games have been. I'm coming up with way to many suspiciouns and such, so I thought I'd post up my theories so far, so I can look back later and see how close I was.

Jeralt is lying about the grave in the church being Byleth's mother's. The dates don't match up, as the stone says they died before Jeralt left the Monestary, while Byleth supposedly was born later.
Alternatively, Rhea is actually Byleth's mother.

Speaking of which, Rhea is actually Seiros.

Flayn is not Seteth's sister, but actually his daughter. Rhea is the mother.

Flayn is actually Saint Cethleann, and like Rhea has somehow not aged.

The Death Knight is Jeralt.

Monica is the one who kidnapped Flayn and is working with the Death Knight.

Tomas is secretly evil, or if not will be killed by the Death Knight.

Seteth or Catherine will be unrecruitable, and you must kill them later on.

Jeralt will die, like all parents of FE Protagonists before him.

At some point Hubert will grow a Goatee.

Sothis is a Manakete, and will become playable near the end of the game.

This next one might be a bigger spoiler if I'm right, so I'll mark it seperately:

Same colour scheme, Edelgard has the Crest of Flame, and is good with Magic as well as Axes. Plus I'm 90% sure that their voice is Tara Platt's with a few layers of distortion.
Also, the opening song's japanese title is The Lady of Hresvelg, and many of the lyrics sound like they are from the Flame Emporer's POV.
Try looking into Hanneman's supports with Byleth and Seteth. I don't remember if there was ever anything conclusive, but he does bring up two of those theories.

Last edited:

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I figured that out pretty easily through a google search. Unfortunately when I broke the sword of the creator, I had no umbral steel to repair it with. Also found out about resting's effects on relics only after restarting.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
So I picked Golden Deer on NG+ and have been rapidly recruiting people. I've done this so quickly that I have everyone except for Edelgard/Hubert and Dimitri/Dedue. It made for a very hilarious chapter 7.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude can't be recruited to other houses. Neither can Dedue or Hubert. Hilda can only be recruited to Blue Lions, last I checked. You also lose Hubert in the Empire route and Flayn in the Hegemon route.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I remember coming across that when I was doing my Black Eagles playthrough. Having a lot of the units with some form of support helped as did starting with an A professor level after using up renown.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
So, I just finished the Black Eagles route. Kinda wishing I'd sided with Rhea now, she's cool. And kinda insane. But most importantly she's a DRAGON!!! :D I hope she's playable if I side with her instead...
Also, Hubert did the fastest 180 of my repect for any character I've ever seen. Shamir & Hubert's A rank made me dislike Hubert completely. Luckily I got all his supports so I won't have to use him ever again.

Overall I disliked the lack of manaketes. I would even settle for a beast unit. And the main theme didn't play in the credits for the BE? Which was kinda annoying, so now I have to finish one of the other routes to hear it. :/

Also the trailers promised me eyepatch Dimitri, yet he kept both his eyes and his sinity through the whole game. I feel robbed. :P

Now to see how right/wrong I was before:
(WARNING! Spoilers for things revealed on the BE path)

Jeralt is lying about the grave in the church being Byleth's mother's. The dates don't match up, as the stone says they died before Jeralt left the Monestary, while Byleth supposedly was born later. Still not confirmed or denied, but the time discrepancy has been explained at least.

Alternatively, Rhea is actually Byleth's mother. Or maybe the other way around... :P

Speaking of which, Rhea is actually Seiros. If she isn't the real one, she at least took the name, so kinda?

Flayn is not Seteth's sister, but actually his daughter. Rhea is the mother. Half right at least. :D

Flayn is actually Saint Cethleann, and like Rhea has somehow not aged. Didn't see enough of her to confirm, but due to her timeskip look I still belive this.

The Death Knight is Jeralt. Nope. That was 100% wrong.

Monica is the one who kidnapped Flayn and is working with the Death Knight. Dunno about the kidnapped part but definitely right about the rest.

Tomas is secretly evil, or if not will be killed by the Death Knight. Hey, another one was right! :D

Seteth or Catherine will be unrecruitable, and you must kill them later on. Seteth didn't die, not sure if it was cause I fought him with Byleth though. Cathrine was technically optional too, so almost right. Hope they're recruitable on the other routes...

Jeralt will die, like all parents of FE Protagonists before him. And nobody was surprised.

At some point Hubert will grow a Goatee. Sad this didn't happen, but makes sense. (One of his lost items is a razor, cause he likes a clean shave)

Sothis is a Manakete, and will become playable near the end of the game. Might be a manakete still? But not playable, at least on the BE route... :(

And with the most underwhelming reveal I've ever seen. >_< I assume the other routes have you discover her identity after the battle instead, but since Edelgard is playable on the BE route...

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
This is my first Fire Emblem and it's been a really fun time - it was easy to pick up and everything from the gameplay to exploration mode to characters and music has been awesome. Have only played Black Eagles Church Route and currently in the middle of doing Blue Lions.

Blaiddyd

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Avery
Time Zone
CET
I'm almost done with my second Blue Lion playthrough. No, I'm playing it for the second time not because I like Dimitri, but because I wanted to see Dedue alive in part 2.

I've also have a Golden Deer playthrough saved, but I think I will play that route later and I will play the Black Eagles instead because I really like Ferdinand von Aegir.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Just began this game after spoiling myself for two of the routes (whoops). I made it past the mock battle. It's my first time trying to actually finish a FE game (I have Awakening but never played farther than chapter 3 or 4).

I'm enjoying it so far, but can we talk about how SMALL the text is on handheld mode? Really wish I had my dock with me here.

Last edited: