♪ Aroma White ♪
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
- Join Date
- Oct 23, 2018
- Thunda, Regine
- Time Zone
- 3DS FC
- Switch FC
Now that quite a few people own and have beaten the game, what are everyone’s thoughts? What’s great about it, and what do you dislike? My thoughts are below.
- Move Relearner/Name Rater in every Pokémon Center
- The Wild Area! I’ve wasted too much time on it, and on some days, I favored catching all the pogeymans instead of progressing with the story.
- Camping is super fun, and the Curry Dex will be a goal in the future
- Special Poké Balls (i.e. Quick Balls) available early for cheap if you’re lucky
- Access to boxes from anywhere except gyms
- Gym battles are more hype because of the stadium feel
- Multiple characters actually have development
- Cute clothes and hairstyles
- All legendary Pokémon are relevant to the story
- Raids are fun with friends
- The Y-Comm is not the Festival Plaza
- Dusk Balls (aka the other ball I always stock up on) sorta nerfed because fixed day/night but mostly day in main story
- Dexit. As someone who has never seriously tried to complete the Pokédex in earlier games, I barely felt the effects. Most of the cuts seem reasonable too.
- Powerful TMs becoming TRs. The nerf is reasonable.
- Oleana is another crazy evil lady who has the same taste in Pokémon as me sans Garbodor, and I don’t know how to feel about that
- THE ALWAYS-ON EXP SHARE. As a result, none of the story battles were a challenge except Hop w/ Legendary. I would have less of an issue if they scaled all the boss levels better.
- Gmax is not enough of a buff (and is sometimes a nerf) to specific species
- Team Yell had virtually no impact. I know they’re not supposed to be any sort of real evil, but it would have been cool if they did stuff like raising Marnie’s stats or lowering yours during your battles with her.
- Story didn’t pick up until basically the Champion Cup
- Continued special treatment of Charizard. Pls stop shoving it in our faces and having Leon’s Charizard being basically the only reason why Kanto starters weren’t cut.
- No GTS to help with dex completion if you have no friends
- The Y-Comm is not the PSS