Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
So far, we’ve been introduced to two main rivals: Bede and Marnie.

Bede is some snobby kid who has an endorsement from Chairman Rose as well as some “other objectives and motives.”

Marnie is a rival who uses Morpeko and has a ton of stans, including Team Yell. Team Yell apparently distracts other trainers during battles so she can win more.

What do you think about both of them, and what do you hope to see develop for them in the story?

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
We're also forgetting Hop, Leon's brother. Hard to say about Hop at the moment, but I'd like to see him get serious at some point.

I like to imagine Bede as a snobby rich English kid. While some might hope he becomes a decent guy at the end... I'd much rather wish he stays a jerk and ends up being a part of the REAL evil team, since he's endorsed by Rose (and has that hexagonal logo on his coat). It'd be nice to have a rival who actually IS evil and doesn't become good at all. I doubt that will happen, though.

Marnie... I think someone has mentioned somewhere that she acknowledges that Team Yell is being a pain - in other words, Team Yell is basically a toxic fanbase (pretty meta, if you think about it). I'd definitely like to see more of what her reason is for wanting to become Champion.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I like to imagine Bede as a snobby rich English kid. While some might hope he becomes a decent guy at the end... I'd much rather wish he stays a jerk and ends up being a part of the REAL evil team, since he's endorsed by Rose (and has that hexagonal logo on his coat). It'd be nice to have a rival who actually IS evil and doesn't become good at all. I doubt that will happen, though.
While that would be a nice idea, I'm satisfied just having a rival who's a complete jackass, something we haven't had since gen 2. N was just a misguided guy who became a good guy in the end. Gladion was close to being a jackass, but he just wasn't arrogant enough.

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i thought Bede was a grandma at first, and i can't shake that off my head for some reason.... i like that we finally have an arrogant rival, his face is so smug it will feel good to beat him ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
i love Marnie's design so much, she's so cute :3 i'm a little worried that we have so many rivals though, i wouldn't want it to feel like XY where there were so many characters that were just...there.

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
May Bede be a total d-bag that I want to kick the butt of.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
i thought Bede was a grandma at first, and i can't shake that off my head for some reason.... i like that we finally have an arrogant rival, his face is so smug it will feel good to beat him ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
i love Marnie's design so much, she's so cute :3 i'm a little worried that we have so many rivals though, i wouldn't want it to feel like XY where there were so many characters that were just...there.
I feel like these three are basically: The Hau rival (Hop), the Cheren Rival (Marnie), and the Silver Rival (Bede).
While that would be a nice idea, I'm satisfied just having a rival who's a complete jackass, something we haven't had since gen 2. N was just a misguided guy who became a good guy in the end. Gladion was close to being a jackass, but he just wasn't arrogant enough.
Yeah, if Bede's just a jackass, then that's fine. The bit about the evil team is just me spitballing because his endorsement by Rose.

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
I do like that Bede might be a jerk rival. I like the friendly rivals, but having a total jerk is a nice change of pace. I'd be okay if he got redeemed though because even Blue and Silver became better people in the games.

I love Marnie! Her design is great. I'm definitely excited to learn more about her character. I think three is a good amount of rivals. Lillie wasn't a rival, but Gen 7 was able to balance Lillie, Hau, & Gladion as good characters, so this should be fine.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Can't do worse than XY rivals ayylmao