Tacobowler's Crazy Generationlocke...again HeartGold Part

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
After seeing WindriderShiva's generationlocke on here I was inspired to try again. Over the last couple of years (I started pre-gen 7) I failed my previous generation locke in the Elite Four of Platinum. I am loosening the rules this time, but want to try again.

Main Rules:
1 - 3. Standard Nuzlocke rules (first encounter, death, nickname)
  1. Dupes Clause: if my encounter for an area is a pokemon that I already have any of that line, it doesn't count and I move on to the next. There is no limit here. (This counts for branched evolution as well, only one per line)
  2. Dupes Clause over generations: Every pokemon that I take into the Elite Four in each game is disqualified from subsequent games in the run. This is for variety.
  3. Challenge doesn't start until I have pokeballs.
  4. I am allowed to use any feature included in the game, but I will limit a few of them and we will get to that when we arrive at the games in question.
  5. Battle style is switch. At least for now.
  6. Trade and Stone evolution will happen at levels similar to other pokemon. So lv 25 for 2 stage and levels 16 and 36 for 3 stage.
  7. I reserve the right to add rules as I encounter things I'm not thinking of right now!
Games will be Blue, HeartGold, OmegaRuby, Platinum, Black, Y, UltraMoon. Possibly add White2 and Sword, but we'll see.

I plan to only go through the elite four the first time, but I'll see how I feel when I get there. IF I get there.

Last edited:

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Blue: nidoran male, bulbasaur, magikarp, doduo, meowth, sandshrew
Towns:
New Bark Town: Sobek the totodile (male)
Violet City:
Azalea Town: Majestic the togepi (male)
Goldenrod City: Muscle the machop (female)
Ecruteak City:

Routes:
Route 29: Big Tail the sentret (male)
Route 46: Chance the spearow (male)
Route 30: pidgey (knocked out by crit)
Route 31: Bell the bellsprout (male)
Route 32: Pizza Rat the rattata (female)
Route 33: Killer the hoppip (female)
Route 34: Jill the drowsee (female) (traded)
Route 35: Psy Boy the abra (male)
Route 36: Simba the growlithe (male)
Route 37: Forgotten the pidgeyotto (female)

Caves and other:
Dark Cave: Dudette the geodude (female)
Ruins of Alph:
Sprout Tower: Whit the gastly (male)
Union Cave: Luna the zubat (female)
Ilix Forest: Free the metapod (male)
National Park: Champ the paras (female)

Last edited:

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Gold was still fuming from his recent loss to Red. He had been champion for a grand total of 7 minutes before that stupid neighbor of his took his crown! He needed to get stronger, the was clearly the bottom line. His grandfather had suggested training in a mansion on Cinnabar, but he knew better than his grandfather did. He was a champion now. He had access to a special cave where only the strongest trainers and pokemon lived. He popped Charizard out of the ball, hopped on its back, and flew off to Cerulean.

Landing just outside the cave he flashed his trainer card and the guard, who nodded and stepped aside. Gold walked inside and pulled his Alakazam pokeball from his belt. He felt he was ready for anything. But he wasn't.

"Grandfather?" he asked, recognizing the back that was right in front of him. How did his grandfather get access? He was not a champion.

"I told you to head to Cinnebar," the Professor said. The voice was familiar and yet different somehow.

"I'm going to train here where the strong pokemon are," Gold replied.

"No," his grandfather replied. "You will learn to listen."

Professor Oak turned around and looked straight into Gold's eyes. Except the professors' eyes were glowing with a purple hue. "You will serve us well, but you still have much to learn."

Gold felt his knees begin to buckle. His eyes were weak. He fell to the ground, and closed his eyes. "Sleep," he heard Oak say. He obeyed.

Gold opened his eyes. He was laying on a bed. His bed. He thought. The sun was shining through the windows. He got up. His clothes were different than what he remembered. The town outside the window didn't look familiar, yet he knew it was called New Bark Town. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the room. A calendar hung on the wall: April 1, 3025 AKW.

He didn't remember the last 3 years.

Last edited:

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Gold left his house in New Bark Town and was immediately assaulted by his neighbor’s Marill. After her trainer managed to get the blue ball off of him, Gold went over to Professor Elm’s lab. He instructed Gold to head to Mr. Pokemon’s house and offered him 3 pokemon to choose from to accompany him. Gold reached for the fire type, but pulled himself back. Something told him that a fire type wasn’t the best starter. He ultimately choose the water type Totodile, and named him Sobek.

The trip to Mr. Pokemon’s was easy. When Gold arrived Mr. Pokemon gave him an egg to bring back to Professor Elm. Professor Oak was also in the house. Gold felt weird every time the older professor looked in his direction, and his words seemed to hold a great power. But that made sense; the man was a radio host after all. Oak gave him a pokedex and told him to get as strong as he could as quick as he could and then left to return home. He told Gold to do the same. Gold did.

On the way home Gold ran into a redheaded boy with a Chickareta. Sobek was a higher level and so he handled the grass type easily. The man said his name was Silver, and he was going to be the greatest trainer in history. Gold didn't give him another thought until he got back to Elm’s lab and discovered the boy had broke into the lab and stolen the grass type. Gold promised to hunt the boy down and ensure he did not become the strongest.

Elm gave Gold some pokeballs, so it was time to begin catching things. Oak had told him not to catch more than one per route, and so he set out with those instructions. On the first several routes Gold caught a sentret (Big Tail), a spearow (Chance), knocked out a pidgey, caught a bellsprout (Bell), and a rattata (Pizza Rat). Also he entered a dark cave and caught a geodude (Dudette).

He saw a red haired boy who looked like Silver going into a small tower in Violet City, and so Gold rushed in himself. Chance and Dudette handled the pokemon in the tower pretty well. Once he arrived at the top he slipped onto the side to listen to what Silver was saying.

“You are strong, but you treat your pokemon like servants. You must learn to be friends with your pokemon.” It was the old man who served as the elder of the tower who was speaking.

“My pokemon are my servants,” Silver replied, his voice closer to a growl than Gold remembered. Silver turned on his heal and looked directly at Gold before continuing, “that’s what makes me so strong.” Suddenly a rope appeared from the ceiling and Silver pulled himself up and out of the tower.

“What a strange boy,” the old man said, summoning Gold forward. “Still I fear for his pokemon.” The old man handed Gold a machine to teach Flash and trained Dudette up to level 11 to learn how to throw rocks. Immediately Gold headed for the Violet City Gym, where the birds they had there were weak to rocks being thrown at them. Within minutes Gold had a badge.

Gold knew he needed to keep moving to stay ahead of Silver, but he also was about to fall over from exhaustion. Reluctantly he checked into the pokemon center. He was asleep almost before he head hit the pillow.

• Started, named Gold
  • ID ended in 0, so choice between next number or self. I choose Totodile because I really want to use it.
  • Sobek the totodile!
  • I’m so glad we just start with the running shoes now
  • Beat the rival easily. Named Silver.
  • Route 29: sentret. Caught him and named Big Tail
  • Route 46: spearow. Caught him and named Chance
  • Boxed Big Tail
  • Route 30: Pidgey (of course it is, lol). And then the scratch critted to ko the stupid thing. Ugh.
  • Route 31: bellsprout. Caught him and named him Bell
  • Dark Cave: geodude. Caught her and named Dudette
  • Route 32: rattata. Caught and named her Pizza Rat
  • Cleared Sprout tower with Chance and Dudette attacking their type advantages. It was during the day so only encountered rattatas. So no encounter yet.
  • Dudette got to level 11 and learned rock throw as I left the tower so the gym was a joke. BADGE GET!
Sobek, :totodile:
male, lv 11
Mild, Torrent
@-none
Scratch
Leer
Water Gun
Rage

Chance, :spearow:
male, lv 11
Rash, Keen Eye
@-none
Peck
Growl
Leer
-

Bell, :bellsprout:
male, lv 7
Mild, Chlorophyll
@-none
Vine Whip
Growth
-
-

Dudette, :geodude:
female, lv 12
Naive, Rock Head
@-none
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Rock Polish

Pizza Rat, :rattata:
female, lv 4
Lax, Guts
@-none
Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
-

Big Tail, :sentret:
male, lv 3

1. none yet!

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Yeah. Although the toughest ones I think are gens 4, 5, and 7. We'll see what 8 looks like when it comes. If I can get there.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Gold woke as the sun rose in the morning and moved south quickly. His pokemon easily defeated the trainers on Route 32. Healing at the bottom, he entered the Union Cave and caught a zubat named Luna. Exiting to the south he caught a hoppip on Route 33 named Killer and a slowpoke within Slowpoke Well named Dope. Further the egg Professor Elm gave him hatched, and he named the togepi Majestic. He also drove Team Rocket from the well, but that’s never that hard.

The gym in Azalea was no challenge for his team with Chance and Dudette taking the bulk of the fight. After he left with the badge he attempted to head forward through the forest. But he was stopped by Silver.

“Where do you think you’re going, weakling?” Silver asked.

“Out of my way,” Gold replied.

“I’ll only let you through if you can make me,” Silver replied.

Gold sent the rat behind him to attack Silver directly, but Silver reached quickly for a pokeball and sent out a gastly to take the attack. Unfortunately the bite was super effective and the gastly was defeated.

Next Silver sent out a zubat, but Dudette took the bat down with a rock throw. Although Silver did manage to make the rock flinch for a turn first. Finally he sent out a Bayleaf.

“That’s the pokemon you stole,” Gold said, more anger than I expected in his voice.

“I do what I must to get strong, a lesson you should learn,” Silver replied.

“There are limits,” Gold replied. “Pokemon aren’t slaves.”

Silver smiled a supernaturally wide grin. “Jury’s still out on that.”

Gold sent Chance out against the bayleaf. Although Silver was able to get a barrier up, and Peck didn’t do very much damage per attack, Bayleaf couldn’t really hurt the spearow either. A couple leers and the barrier wearing off was enough to finish the grass type.

“Give that pokemon back,” Gold said.

“I don’t think so,” Silver replied. “But I appreciate your desire to save the day. Keep that up. It amuses me.” And with that Silver turned and ran into the forest. Gold ran after him and caught a metapod named Free, but couldn’t find Silver. Disappointed, he left the forest and returned to the Asalea pokemon center for the night. As he fell asleep he failed to see the black wolf sulking out from the trees of the forest.

• Union Cave is zubat. Caught (Luna)
  • Route 33 is hoppip. Caught and named Killer after the first one I owned.
  • Slowpoke Well is slowpoke. Caught and named Dope.
  • Defeated Proton with Pizza Rat and Zobek leading the way
  • Went straight to the gym.
  • Egg hatched during gym attack. Counting it for Azalea Town. Named Majestic
  • Vs Bugsy: Scyther only used Leer. Rock Throw one hit the bug. After that it was mop up. BADGE GET!
  • Joey top percentage count: 1
  • Vs Silver:
    Memory was that gastly is first so I led with Pizza Rat. Memory was correct. It used curse and I used bite. Gastly down.
    Dudette took a bite, then took down zubat with rock throw. Did get a flinch on me, but missed with supersonic so it didn’t matter.
    Chance needed a couple leers and an antidote, but was able to beat Bayleaf in spite of 4 level disadvantage.
  • Ilex Forest is Metapod. Caught with a net ball and named Free. Boxed.
  • Choose Dope for the 6th pokemon.
Sobek, :totodile:
male, lv 14
Mild, Torrent
@-none
Scratch
Leer
Water Gun
Bite

Chance, :spearow:
male, lv 15
Rash, Keen Eye
@-none
Peck
Growl
Leer
Pursuit

Bell, :bellsprout:
male, lv 13
Mild, Chlorophyll
@-Miracle Seed
Vine Whip
Growth
Bullet Seed
Sleep Powder

Dudette, :geodude:
female, lv 16
Naive, Rock Head
@-Hard Stone
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Magnitude

Pizza Rat, :rattata:
female, lv 12
Lax, Guts
@-none
Rock Smash
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Bite

Dope, :slowpoke:
female, lv 6
Quiet, Oblivious
@-none
Curse
Yawn
Tackle
Growl

male, lv 3

Luna, :zubat:
female, lv 7

Killer, :hoppip:
female, lv 6

Majestic, :togepi:
male, lv 1

Free, :metapod:
male, lv 5

1. none yet!

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
M stood at attention on the roof of the abandoned mansion on Cinnabar Island. His true form felt so strange. He had spent the last 3 years impersonating the professor of the region and training their hero Gold. It took one of those years to convince the King that there actually was a threat to their world, and to their ultimate plan; but now it had become M’s job to counter the threat.

Now though the King “G” was coming to Kanto to check on his progress, and so he had shed his disguise and was appearing in his true form. And in this place it felt more than right.

A blue dot in the sky interrupted his thoughts. He watched as the giant blue bird flew closer and closer until finally landing on the building. M walked up to the bird and gently stroked Articuno’s beak as G slipped of its back. G still had his flowing robes on him in spite of the warmer weather in Kanto; obscuring the true shape and form of the King even here. “My Liege, it is a pleasure to welcome you to my home,” M said.

“I have no time for pleasantries,” G replied. “Give me an update on our hero.”

“Of course,” M replied. “Gold remains incredibly strong. He has caught a drowsee named Jill and his Dudette continues to destroy all in his path. He should be ready to challenge the Elite Four soon.”

“Has our agent Z been able to challenge him at all?” G replied.

“Gold continues to destroy Z. You should train him better,” M said.

G growled at him. “Failure can be a teacher just as much as words,” he said. “Perhaps life has been too easy for your pet. Give him a stumbling block. Let’s see how he reacts. I wouldn’t want our plans destroyed because your hero couldn’t deal with diversity.”

M understood the threat. “Yes, my Liege. It will be done.”

Without another word G got back on the Articuno and flew away. M teleported before I could see anything else

---------------

Gold walked confidently into the Goldenrod City gym, whistling as he strode up to Whitney. “You’re confident,” she said simply. Gold merely threw out his geodude in response. Whitney responded with her Jigglypuff. Gold demanded a defense curl. Whitney called for a metronome.

I watched as the Jigglypuff’s blue arua from the attack flashed purple instead. A giant wind suddenly appeared in front of the Jigglypuff. It opened its eyes, a glowing purple hue, and jumped into a small vacuum that had been created in front of it, a strong punch connecting with the geodude in front of it. Dudette fell to the floor and didn’t get up.

Whitney switched to her miltank and ordered a rollout. One by one Gold watched helplessly as his pokemon were bowled down by the miltank. Bell. Pizza Rat. Dope. Sobek. Chance. All immobile on the floor.

-------------

Gold sat straight faced next to the mound of dirt that contained the remains of his pokemon. He had returned to the Ruins of Alph to bury them. It felt a more appropriate gave. M might be curious to see his response, but I knew what it would be. I had seen him lose pokemon before. Gold rose, a determined look in his face. No tears, only anger.

There were 6 new pokeballs on his waist. Luna the zubat, Killer the hoppip, Majestic the togepi, and Free the metapod. A machop named Muscle he had traded his drowsee for. And a gastly he had just caught in Sprout Tower named Whit. There was revenge on his face, but for now there was training to do. I genuinely fear for Whitney’s life.

• Dudette will not learn Self Destruct…
  • Route 34 was drowsee. Caught and named Jill.
  • Visited the Radio Tower
  • Vs Whitney: Used the others to get through the gym underlings, but it was Dudette from the start vs Whitney. Set up vs Clefairy with 4 defense curls and 2 x-attacks. It did get a metronome Metal Sound to lower special defense (and got a charm from it to undo the x-attacks. Not bitter though…). After a super potion the Clefairy got a metronome vaccume wave. DUDETTE DEAD! WTF!!
    Sobek finished it eventually. 12/43.
    Bell was immobilized by love TWICE vs Miltank. Forced to sacrifice him to heal Sobek, but she started a rollout on the kill move. BELL DEAD!
    Pizza Rat couldn’t get a tail whip off before death PIZZA RAT DEAD!
    DOPE LOST NEXT
    SOBEK LOST
    Rollout missed on Chance, which just felt like rubbing salt in the wound. It died to a stomp and rollout. CHANCE DEAD! WHITE OUT!
  • Pulled every pokemon out of storage. Will trade Drowsee for the machop. The way I do that is to count both the drowsee and the machop for an encounter, counting the machop as a “gift” so I can assign it anywhere. In this case to Goldenrod. I cannot trade corpses though, so I cannot get the Onix.
  • Will try and keep everyone alive, but am suspending rules to get back to the beginning to train pokemon.
  • Happened to be playing at night when this happened and remembered I have an encounter at Sprout Tower still. So boxed the sentret.
  • Sprout Tower was Gastly. Caught and named him Whit for obvious reasons.
  • Will train for next time.
female, lv 7
Bashful, Inner Focus
@-none
Leech Life
Supersonic
-
-

Killer, :hoppip:
female, lv 8
Hasty, Leaf Guard
@-none
Splash
Synthesis
Headbutt
Tail Whip

Majestic, :togepi:
male, lv 8
Bashful, Serene Grace
@-none
Growl
Charm
Extrasensory
Headbutt

Free, :metapod:
male, lv 8
Quiet, Shed Skin
@-none
Harden
-
-
-

Muscle, :machop:
female, lv 13
Lonely, Guts
@-none
Headbutt
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop

Whit, :gastly:
Male, lv 3
Quirky, Levitate
@-none
Hypnosis
Lick
-
-

male, lv 3

1. Dudette, :geodude:
    female, lv 18. Whitney.
  2. Bell, :bellsprout:
    male, lv 15. Whitney.
  3. Pizza Rat, :rattata:
    female, lv 13. Whitney.
  4. Dope, :slowpoke:
    female, lv 12. Whitney.
  5. Sobek, :totodile:
    male, lv 15. Whitney.
  6. Chance, :spearow:
    male, lv 16. Whitney.

Last edited:

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
That was a brutal part if I've ever seen one. Good luck on getting your team back up to level. I Imagine that will be tedious.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Sorry this took so long. It was difficult to get motivation, and once I had motivation it was difficult to actually train. But we're back! Enjoy the real 3rd part.

Gold’s motivation seemed stronger than ever when he emerged from the pokemon center and began his training. He was firm, determined, but also fair, in his training. Along the way many of his new friends evolved: Free to a Butterfree, Killer to a Skiploom, Majestic to a Togetic at level 17. The rest he got to level 19, Whitney’s highest level.

“Whitney, I challenge you again!” he shouted as he entered the hall again with his new team.

“Round 2 it is then,” she said, smiling a bit too widely.

I expected him to just lead with his machop, but that’s not what he did. Instead he used Majestic, leading with a yawn. Clefairy used the dreaded metronome, but only got a lucky chant out of it. Majestic hit with headbutt on the next turn, causing the clefairy to flinch before it went to sleep from yawning. Another headbutt and an extrasensory attack took it out without scratching Majestic.

“Impressive,” Whitney said simply, throwing her Miltank out. Majestic lead with another yawn, which missed as miltank stomped on the bird.

“Enough playing around,” Gold said, switching in Muscle. “Karate Chop!” The attack did only a third, or roughly what Miltank was doing with stomp. A super potion paved the way for a leer attack. Another super potion bought time for another karate chop. Muscle managed to find the pressure point on the second try. The Miltank fell down...and didn’t get up.

“Badge please,” Gold said simply. Whitney began crying, as she does, and refused for a few minutes, but finally relented. Badge in hand, and smile returned to his face, Gold emerged for the next leg of the journey.

Behind him, in the dark, I saw M slip out from the gym as well. His face couldn’t be read.

• Trained everyone to level 19 in the Ilex Forest. Took forever.
  • Killer evolved
  • Joey rattata counter at 2
  • Majestic evolved at 17, so that is ok per the rules
  • Joey rattata counter at 3
  • Vs Whitney, round 2: lead with yawn, metronome did lucky chant. Head hurt did 1/3, and she flinched. Extrasensory and another headbutt finished it.
    Vs Miltank: Lead with a yawn, it stomped. Switched to machop and it stomped again but didn’t fall asleep (must have missed). Karate Chop did 1/3, so between heals (she only ever used stop, doing a little over 1/3 to me) I used a leer. The second karate chop got a Crit too to take it out. BADGE GET!
  • Joey rattata counter to 4 on the way back to the PMC.
female, lv 19
Bashful, Inner Focus
@-none
Wing Attack
Supersonic
Astonish
Bite

Killer, :skiploom:
female, lv 19
Hasty, Leaf Guard
@-none
Tackle
Synthesis
Headbutt
Sleep Powder

Majestic, :togetic:
male, lv 19
Bashful, Serene Grace
@-none
Yawn
Sweet Kiss
Extrasensory
Headbutt

Free, :butterfree:
male, lv 19
Quiet, Compound Eyes
@-none
Harden
Confusion
Gust
Sleep Powder

female, lv 19
Lonely, Guts
@-none
Headbutt
Leer
Rock Smash
Karate Chop

Male, lv 19
Quirky, Levitate
@-none
Hypnosis
Lick
Spite
Night Shade

male, lv 3

female, lv 18. Whitney.
    male, lv 15. Whitney.
    female, lv 13. Whitney.
    female, lv 12. Whitney.
    male, lv 15. Whitney.
    male, lv 16. Whitney.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Wow! Good job on continuing after your sort of wipe last part. Glad you're also back at it. It must be a good week for runs to continue. How long do you think the training took overall?

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Wow! Good job on continuing after your sort of wipe last part. Glad you're also back at it. It must be a good week for runs to continue. How long do you think the training took overall?
I'd guess it took about 5-8 hours. I can't remember exactly where I was when I began, but it felt like forever. That could have been because I never really had more than an hour or so to play at one time.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Gold left the next day, a Thursday, by leaving Goldenrod to the north. He easily burst through the trainers on Route 35 and caught an abra named Psy Boy. He boxed Muscle for Psy Boy because Muscle would be useless in the ghost gym.

After going through the Park without encountering a pokemon he walked into the grass on Route 36 and caught a growlithe named Simba. Then he went back and entered the Bug Catching Contest, where he won with a paras he named Champ. Luna became a Golbat. Only knocking out the Sudowoodo and catching a pidgeotto named Forgotten on Route 37.

Or so he thought. Right after fighting through and evolving Psy Boy into a kadabra, he entered a double battle on Route 37. A Clefable used double slap for 4 hits, the last of which put Psy Boy on the ground. He didn’t get up.

After bringing Muscle back in, Gold decided to sightsee at the Burnt Tower.

“You seek the legendary pokemon?” The voice seemed to come from the very rocks outside the entrance to the tower. “Let us test your strength.”

Suddenly Silver appeared in the doorway. In the battle that ensued, Gold handled his rival’s team pretty well. Majestic took down gastly, although it did hit itself in confusion. Muscle took out the magnemite, Majestic took care of zubat, and Free and Luna teamed up to dispatch Bayleef.

“You are not strong enough for the legendaries,” Silver said.

“I just beat you,” Gold replied.

“I’m not a legendary,” Silver replied.

Before Gold could answer, Professor Oak emerged from the building. “I agree with the boy,” he said. “You are not yet strong enough. But, there is potential. Perhaps if you finish your gym quest.”

There was little left to do. He caught a koffing outside the side of the building named Bad Ballon and headed to challenge Morty at the gym. Well, challenge wasn’t the right word. Luna’s bite took out his first two pokemon and then Majestic took the other two down by putting them to sleep and then using extrasensory. He took 16 damage from a curse attack in the entire battle. Whether that proves strength or not, I guess we have to wait to see.

• Route 35 is abra. Caught using my one fast ball. Named him Psy Boy.
  • Switched out Muscle for Psy Boy. For now. Will reevaluate after the ghost badge.
  • Route 36 is growlithe. Caught after roar missed. Named him Simba.
  • The bug catching contest is something that I usually play normal, meaning that I would be allowed to ignore the first encounter or the first catch. But whatever I choose to end the first contest with is the encounter for the park (not an extra encounter there, and I had to miss all the grass to avoid an encounter before the contest). That said, my first eligible pokemon was a paris, which I decided to keep because I have a fascination with the pokemon and kind of want to use it. And then it won the contest! I’ve never won before! So I naturally named her Champ.
  • Route 37 is pidgeotto. Caught and named her Forgotten
  • Evolved Psyboy into kadabra! Next battle was a double battle and Psyboy took a double slap that hit 4 times with a crit on the end and was knocked out. PSYBOY DIES!
  • Returned Muscle to the team
  • Luna evolved into Golbat! She’s probably happy enough for Crobat, but I have to wait unitl lv 36 per rules.
  • Trained everyone to level 22 and went to the Burnt Tower
  • Vs Silver:
    Majestic took out gastly, only taking damage from a single confusion hit.
    Muscle beat magnemite with one hit.
    Majestic beat zubat with one hit.
    Free used a gust and a uturn, bringing in Luna who hit with wing attack to win.
  • Burnt Tower is Koffing. Caught and named her Bad Baloon
  • Majestic got to 25 against the gym underlings.
  • Vs Morty:
    Luna took out the first gastly in one bite and the first haunter in 3 attacks (bite, he healed, 2 astonish) without taking a hit.
    Majestic vs Gengar: I used yawn, he used mean look. I used sweet kiss, he missed with hypnosis and fell asleep himself. 2 extrasensories took it out, even with the berry. Grew to 26.
    Majestic vs haunter: Same story, except it used curse instead of hypnosis. The 16 damage from that in the one turn was the only damage I took in the fight. BADGE GET!
  • Immediately taught Whit Shadow Ball.
Luna, :golbat:
female, lv 24
Bashful, Inner Focus
@-none
Wing Attack
Supersonic
Astonish
Bite

Killer, :skiploom:
female, lv 22
Hasty, Leaf Guard
@-none
Tackle
Synthesis
Headbutt
Sleep Powder

Majestic, :togetic:
male, lv 26
Bashful, Serene Grace
@-none
Yawn
Sweet Kiss
Extrasensory
Headbutt

Free, :butterfree:
male, lv 22
Quiet, Compound Eyes
@-none
U-Turn
Confusion
Gust
Sleep Powder

Male, lv 22
Quirky, Levitate
@-none
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Sucker Punch
Night Shade

female, lv 22
Lonely, Guts
@-none
Headbutt
Leer
Rock Smash
Karate Chop

male, lv 3

Simba, :growlithe:
male, lv

Champ, :paras:
female, lv 17

Forgotten, :pidgeotto:
female, lv 19

female, lv 18. Whitney.
    male, lv 15. Whitney.
    female, lv 13. Whitney.
    female, lv 12. Whitney.
    male, lv 15. Whitney.
    male, lv 16. Whitney.
  7. Psy Boy, :kadabra:
    male, lv 16

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
That's unlucky about PsyBoy, he died so young. He would have been a real asset to your team.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
OK, confession time.

Twice during this HeartGold run I have gotten impatient and tried to go for a later encounter without seeing what is in the way. Both times I have lost pokemon to an electric type: actually both times trusting that Muscle would take anything that would be a problem out and having Muscle fail. Once going for the park during the training of the team before Whitney try 2 (my son was also distracting me greatly during this battle trying to get my attention. Like grabbing the DS level distracting) and once vs Eucine in Cianwood trying to unlock the Safari Zone. Both were crits. Both times I have decided I was too tired and angry and distracted to play at that time and turned it off without saving.

I am not going to restart at this point, but I understand if some of you will leave me due to this. I am charging myself Muscle as a death in punishment, but this is not a challenge of patience and I went for these because I was looking for better places to train/looking for the next pokemon before training. I just didn't look up what was coming before playing. I will be doing better at that in the future, and hope not to be in a spot where I am that angry and distracted in the future. But that will also make the going slower.

Also, no one has commented on the story. Is anyone reading that or can I drop that? Without the story, I might be willing to restart HeartGold if there's a giant outcry.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
I'm going to be honest. It's your run, you can do whatever you want with it. If you want to keep going I'm perfectly happy with that, honestly I don't have any issues. To be honest whenever I fail a run I can never be bothered resetting and just ditch the game and you didn't fail the run. I'd just go from when you've last saved and don't worry about the details too much.

For the story I'm not really interested in it. I don't read it. I appreciate the effort you put into it but for me I much prefer just to follow the updates and how you're feeling about the events of the episode.

Reactions: SAF

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
I have decided to start over without the story. I just can't sleep knowing that I would likely have wiped to both of those trainers if I hadn't shut it off at that point, and only one could have an argument of the rules being "suspended" at that point. So I'm just going to restart, but I'm restarting on HeartGold, not the whole thing again. I'll leave the comments open on this for a day or two and then lock it. Be looking for a new thread! (the new run is starting very well. Almost at Falkner.)