• Smash Camp 2020

Smash Camp, an event that has run for twelve years, has started once again! Everyone who joins is separated into one of four cabins where you'll compete to earn points through various activities, such as flash games, tournaments, and other events. At the end of camp, the totals will be finalized, and the cabin with the most total points wins. It's an awesome way to have fun with your friends while meeting new people in the process, and is open to anyone, not just members of the Marriland Forums!

Pre-Camp has officially started, with Camp itself beginning on Monday. It will be taking place exclusively on the Smash Camp Discord, which you may join by clicking here. If you have any questions, feel free to join the server and ask - we hope to see you there!

Nuzlocke Tacobowler's Crazy Generationlocke...HeartGold try 2

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
  • Easily defeated the Komono Girls. Took out Ho-Oh with a combination of Dudette and LooWoo.
  • Usually I have played that I have to KO the legendary forced encounter, but that I can get another encounter somewhere in place of that legendary. I choose that Safari Zone made the most sense for that extra encounter. It was a Cubone. I named him Gold. It will count for Tin Tower.
  • Route 27 is ponyta. Caught and named her Bolt.
  • Dudette died to a crit from a trainer’s Espeon. DUDETTE DIES!
  • Withdrew Mammoth to replace Dudette.
Firerat, :typhlosion:
male, lv 41
Hardy, Blaze, @ - Charcoal
Cut
Fire Blast
Swift
Flame Wheel

Nightowl, :noctowl:
Male, lv 42
Calm, Keen Eye, @-none
Tackle
Fly
Extrasensory
Hypnosis

LooWoo, :ampharos:
Female, lv 43
Impish, Static, @-none
Signal Beam
Rock Smash
Discharge
Thunder Wave

Sis I, :slowking:
Female, lv 42
Rash, Oblivious, @Mystic Water
Blizzard
Confusion
Surf
Headbutt

Free, :butterfree:
Male, lv 42
Hasty, Compoundeyes, @-Sell Bell
Gust
Bug Buzz
Sleep Powder
Psybeam

Mammoth, :swinub:
Male, lv 23
Relaxed, Oblivious, @-Exp Share
Powder Snow
Mud-Slap
Endure

Mud Bomb
Luna, :zubat:
Female, lv 2

Shadow, :gastly:
Female, lv 4

Andy, :togepi:
Male, lv 1

Phobos, :spearow:
Female, lv 8

Steve, :drowzee:
Male, lv 10

Queen, :nidoranf:
Female, lv 12

Bambi, :stantler:
Female, lv 15

Bill, :eevee:
Male, lv 5

Smog, :koffing:
Male, lv 15

Attraction, :magnemite:
NG, lv 16

Rolly, :miltank:
Female, lv 15

Squid, :tentacool:
Male, lv 12

Toxi-food, :corsola:
Male, lv 20

Yum!, :krabby:
Male, lv 20

Seal, :seel:
Female, lv 15

Many, :poliwag:
Male, lv 11

California, :gloom:
Male, lv 24

Safari, :wooper:
Male, lv 15

Coconut, :exeggcute:
Female, lv 16

General, :girafarig:
Male, lv 15

Ash, :pidgeotto:
Male, lv 17

Flyfish, :goldeen:
Male, lv 21

TNT, :voltorb:
NG, lv 23

Viney, :tangela:
Male, lv 23

Paradox, :gligar:
Female, lv 24

Gold, :cubone:
Male, lv 16

Bolt, :ponyta:
Female, lv 32

1. Fang, :rattata:
    Female, lv 18
  2. Irwin, :bellsprout:
    Male, lv 19
  3. Mantis, :scyther:
    Female, lv 26
  4. Macho, :machop:
    Male, lv 25
  5. Dudette, :golem:
    Female, lv 41

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
  • Trained everyone to level 45, evolving Mammoth at the appropriate levels. Ice Fang not learned for some reason. Don’t think I would have declined, but oh well, no more heart scales.
  • Victory Road is Onix. Caught and named her Mountain.
  • Expected more trainers on Victory Road. Not complaining.
  • Vs Silver:
    Hey, 6 pokemon. That’s refreshing.
    Nightowl vs Sneasel. Oops. Switch immediately.
    Firerat vs Sneasel: Took a Faint Attack on switch, not too bad. Flamethrower hit first and was a one hit ko.
    LooWoo vs Feraligatr: Discharge hit first and was a one hit KO. Did crit.
    LooWoo vs Golbat: Confuse Ray hit first and I hit myself. Bite did a small amount and I snapped out of it. Discharge took it down.
    Nightowl vs Haunter: Extrasensory was a one hit ko.
    Mammoth vs Magneton: Mammoth did hit first, which was good because steel wouldn’t have been good. Was a one hit ko.
    Free vs Kadabra: Bug Buzz took him down. I win.
  • Decided to just go at level 45.
  • Vs Will:
    Xatu used discharge first (with me first) but did 40 damage. Discharge from LooWoo was one hit. 101/141.
    Flamethrower from Firerat took out Jynx before it could do anything. Full health.
    Free used bug buzz vs slowbro, but it took it finishing in the red. Will used rull restore and I used psybeam, which wouldn’t have finished it anyway. One Bug Buzz did knock it out though. Full health.
    LooWoo took a psychic from Xatu and lived with 1 HP!! Discharge took out the bird.
    Bug Buzz took out Exeggutor with 4x strength. I win, barely with no deaths.
  • Vs Koga:
    Obviously healed between.
    Firerat took out Ariados with a flamethrower. Forretress used protect to waste a pp, but suffered the same fate. Full health.
    Muk used minimize a bunch, but Sis I was able to hit with 2 confusions, getting the actual status condition on the first, and finished the Muk off. Full health.
    Crobat used double team, but Sis I hit with confusion and got the crit to win on one hit. Full health.
    Venomoth’s toxic missed, and Sis I’s confusion took it to the yellow. Psychic did nothing, surf finished him off. I win, easy.
  • Vs Bruno:
    Nightowl won vs hitmontop, but took lots of damage. 12/165.
    Sleep Powder and gust and two psybeams worked flawlessly for Free to beat hitmonchan. full health.
    Sis I took an earthquake for 30 damage before one shotting Onix with surf. 125/155.
    Had to heal after a revenge attack from machamp. Surf did more than confusion, even with the type advantage. Sis I wins, 73/159 after level up.
    Free hit with gust against hitmonlee, then took a blase kick. Survived with 2 HP! Switched to Firerat, and he missed with a high jump kick. I used swift, but he healed. So I finished it with flame thrower, but it didn’t finish him. High jump kick hit and left me with 50. He healed again. Switched to Sis I and took the high jump kick easily. Healed anyway. A surf took him back to red. A second finished him. I win, but much harder than normal.
  • Vs Karen:
    Bug Buzz was a two hit ko. Umbreon used double team in the middle, so full health.
    LooWoo took a minor hit from Murkrow before taking it out with a discharge. 111/144.
    Sis I took out Houndoom with a single hit. Full health.
    Firerat hit with a fire blast to one hit Vileplume. Full Health.
    Gengar missed with two focus blasts, but hit with the third for minimal damage. Nightowl was able to take it out with 2 extrasensory hits. I win, minimal stress.
  • Vs Lance:
    Gyarados hit with waterfall before LooWoo took it out with discharge. 87/144
    Ice Shard almost took out the lv 50 dragonite, but it survived in red and used fire blast. It was a one shot. MAMMOTH DIES!
    Sis I missed with Blizzard and had to wait out outrage. The third one critted. SIS I DIES!
    It hit through confusion and knocked out LooWoo with one Outrage. LOOWOO DIES!
    Firerat hit with flamethrower first, but did almost nothing. survived the outrage, barely, but he healed. Fire blast hit, got the burn. He used fire blast. I used flame thrower and then swift. Won. 103/135 left.
    Aerodactyl took out the remaining ones I had with one hit each. Powerless. WIPED!
  • Took this really hard. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’ll let you know here if I decide not to continue. Otherwise assume I’m training something. If you have suggestions let me know.
Female, lv 2

Female, lv 4

Male, lv 1

Female, lv 8

Male, lv 10

Female, lv 12

Female, lv 15

Male, lv 5

Male, lv 15

Attraction, :magnemite:
NG, lv 16

Female, lv 15

Male, lv 12

Male, lv 20

Male, lv 20

Seal, :seel:
Female, lv 15

Many, :poliwag:
Male, lv 11

Male, lv 24

Male, lv 15

Female, lv 16

Male, lv 15

Ash, :pidgeotto:
Male, lv 17

Male, lv 21

TNT, :voltorb:
NG, lv 23

Male, lv 23

Female, lv 24

Male, lv 16

Female, lv 32

Mountain, :onix:
Female, lv

Female, lv 18
    Male, lv 19
    Female, lv 26
    Male, lv 25
    Female, lv 41
  6. Mammoth, :mamoswine:
    Male, lv 46
  7. Sis I, :slowking:
    Female, lv 47
  8. LooWoo, :ampharos:
    Female, lv 46
  9. Firerat, :typhlosion:
    male, lv 46
  10. Free, :butterfree:
    Male, lv 46
  11. Nightowl, :noctowl:
    Male, lv 46

Last edited:

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
So I have selected a team to counter the Elite Four as best I could: Magneton, Voltorb, Seel, Poliwag (to wrath), Pidgeotto, and Girafarig. And I have to say that training in Johto is Horrible! Even with suspending the death rule so I could train in harder places (because otherwise I was definitely done), it's painfully slow. In the mid-20s right now. Just wanted to give an update if anyone was still paying attention.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
  • Trained a new team to level 48, evolving as I was able without trading the pokemon away (and losing the EVs). I did use Platinum to get a Water Stone to make Poliwag evolve and get Brick Break for it, but did not trade something like Magnet or Eviolite for magneton. I hope that makes sense. I also did not trade Attraction to evolve it into Magnezone.
  • Vs Will:
    Attraction vs Xatu: He used me first, but Spark did nothing to me. It did ¾ to him and paralyzed. I was also paralyzed. Psychic wasn’t very effective against me, but spark did him in.
    Attraction vs Jynx: Used full restore first turn and took a psychic. Lovely Kiss missed and discharge did ⅔. Psychic was a crit but still isn’t very effective and spark did it in.
    Ash vs Exeggutor: Fly went first, he did us barrier when we were up, but he missed with hypnosis after I hit. A second fly took him to 1 hp, and he missed again. Pluck knocked him down and barrier wore off. Psychic finally hit on the fly, but wing attack took it down next turn.
    General vs Slowbro: Decided to attack with special attack. Shadow Ball got a crit and took it out with one hit!
    TNT vs Xatu: Spark did only a quarter and then I became confused. Then barrier wore off. Didn’t know it was on...Healed Attraction and took a psychic, then switched.
    Attraction vs Xatu: Psychic did nothing on the switch. It did confuse me before I could move, but I still attacked him and won with a single Discharge. ONE DOWN!
  • Vs Koga:
    Ash vs Ariados: Fly was a one hit.
    Ash vs Forretress: He used toxic spikes twice while I was using fly so that’s a thing. He went down with me at 139/153.
    General vs Muk: Toxic poisoned. Psychic didn’t one hit, yikes. He used double team and healed. I missed with two psybeams and needed to full restore; twice because gunk shot hit and poisoned again. Eventually he missed and a psychic took Muk down.
    General vs Crobat: He got a double team off, but psychic hit and took him out in one hit.
    General vs Venomoth: Psychic was one hit ko. TWO DOWN!
  • Vs Bruno:
    Ash vs Hitmontop: Fly was one hit KO
    Ash vs Hitmonchan: Fly was one hit KO
    Seal vs Onix: Surf was one hit KO
    Ash vs Hitmonlee: Fly was one hit KO
    Ash vs Machamp: Pluck ate the berry, he used counter to knock me to 53/156. Wing attack took him down. THREE DOWN!
  • Vs Karen:
    Many vs Umbreon: Brick Break did half. He did double team and then confuse ray. I did hit myself once and miss once, but ultimately took it down.
    Ash vs Vileplume: Fly was one hit KO
    General vs Gengar: He went first but used spite for no effect. Psychic took it out in one hit.
    TNT vs Murkrow: Spark did ¾, faint attack did ¼ to me. Charge Beam took it out.
    Many vs Houndoom: He used Nasty Plot and then died to a surf. FOUR DOWN!
  • Vs Lance, round two:
    Switched a Power Herb to Ash and Shell Bell to TNT.
    TNT vs Gyarados: Charge Beam did ⅘, waterfall did ⅔. A second Charge Beam took it out.
    Seal vs Dragonite: Level 50 one. He used safeguard first and Ice Beam took it out in one hit!
    Attraction vs Aerodactyl: Rock Slide was not very effective, but I missed with discharge. A second rock slide activated the sitrus berry and discharge took it out in one hit.
    Many vs Charizard: Forgot about flying and Air Slash took it to 61/163, a surf put it in red. Switched to Seal and he healed as hoped.
    Seal vs Charizard: Air Slash did much less and Surf did ⅓. He withdrew and put out Dragonite, which didn’t have much damage to surf. I anticipate a thunder.
    Attraction vs Dragonite: Thunder did happen and he paralyzed me. I used full restore and he missed with Dragon Rush. He missed again and Discharge brought him to yellow. He hit with Dragon Rush, but it was ineffective, discharge took him to deep red. He did heal on the next turn, but 3 discharges took him down.
    Seal vs Charizard: Flinched from an air slash so I healed. A surf took him down at 82/154 for me.
    Seal vs Dragonite: Dragon Rush took me to 9 hp but Ice Beam hit and took it out. I WIN!!!!!!!
  • Whew.
Attraction, :magneton:
NG, lv 48
Gentle, Sturdy, @-Sitrus Berry
Magnet Bomb
Discharge
Thunder Wave
Spark

Seal, :dewgong:
Female, lv 48
Sassy, Thick Fat, @-NeverMeltIce
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Rest
Surf

Many, :poliwrath:
Male, lv 48
Quiet, Water Absorb, @-Mystic Water
Body Slam
Waterfall
Brick Break
Surf

Male, lv 48
Modest, Inner Focus, @-none
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Strength
Psybeam

Ash, :pidgeot:
Male, lv 48
Adamant, Tangled Feet, @-Shell Bell
Pluck
Fly
Wing Attack
Hyper Beam

TNT, :electrode:
NG, lv 48
Relaxed, Static, @-none
Spark
Headbutt
Swift
Charge Beam
Female, lv 2

Female, lv 4

Male, lv 1

Female, lv 8

Male, lv 10

Female, lv 12

Female, lv 15

Male, lv 5

Male, lv 15

Female, lv 15

Male, lv 12

Male, lv 20

Male, lv 20

Male, lv 24

Male, lv 15

Female, lv 16

Male, lv 21

Male, lv 23

Female, lv 24

Male, lv 16

Female, lv 32

Mountain, :onix:
Female, lv

Female, lv 18
    Male, lv 19
    Female, lv 26
    Male, lv 25
    Female, lv 41
  6. Mammoth, :mamoswine:
    Male, lv 46
  7. Sis I, :slowking:
    Female, lv 47
  8. LooWoo, :ampharos:
    Female, lv 46
  9. Firerat, :typhlosion:
    male, lv 46
  10. Free, :butterfree:
    Male, lv 46
  11. Nightowl, :noctowl:
    Male, lv 46

Last edited:

QCat18

Junior Trainer
Awesome job! That must’ve been some painful grinding, leveling a full team up pre E4.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Awesome job! That must’ve been some painful grinding, leveling a full team up pre E4.
OMG it was pretty awful. I don't know exactly what my hours were, but probably somewhere near 15 hours or more. Finally found some good spots to get exp about halfway through time wise, which sped things up a little.