• it... DEPENDS..............

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
this is random af and i have a feeling it will be VERY irrelevant to a lot of people. but for those who have/collect plushies/stuffed animals/etc, do you rip/cut all the tags off? including the ones sewn into the fabric? or do you prefer to keep them on?

i've known people on both sides so im curious.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i used to cut them off but nowadays i keep them on bc i think having a little stub coming out of the plushie looks really dumb

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
This question plagues me to the end of time and upsets me greatly.

On one hand, I love my new friend. It want them to be free. I don't want my new friend to feel like an object, they are a part of my family, I love them, I want to cuddle them.

But on the other hand, this object is really cool and special and I want to know where it came from and keep it's value because it's very special to me and I always want proof of it's authenticity!!!!

So basically I do both. For Pokémon and anime plushies, I usually leave them on. But for stuff that's less collectible, I'll take it off. But it always depends. It depends.......so much............

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I’m basically with Molly. If it’s not collectible, the tag typically comes off (not the sewn in one just the paper one). I leave them on for things like my Pokémon Center plushies though partially because the art on the tag is always so CUTE!!!

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
i leave the tags that are sewn onto the plushie attached cuz it's part of it and i dont wanna tear it or anything....

but plastic/paper tags always come off i dont care about those at all

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i rip/cut all the tags off of every plushie. but i feel really conflicted about it? somehow it feels like it ruins or taints some sort of sentimental value to it. :L

i've known people who keep it on for collection/sentimental purposes, idk something about just CHOPPING it off feels really difficult. but i hate the tags just........ sticking out.... so ya..............

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I've.. never thought that hard about plushies lol. I've only ever bought a few plushies recently, and I've kept the little sewn in cloth tag on all of them since they don't really bother me. They didn't come with paper/plastic tags but if they did I would've gotten rid of those.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I see them as collectables mostly so I keep the tags on them.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Cloth tags stay on, but the plastic ones get cut off. That way, I don’t damage the plushie, but I don’t have to deal with the annoying plastic.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I typically always cut them off if I plan to handle it like at all. The sewn in tags are fine, but the ones that reach out of the plushie just annoy me and I hate handling them so I just cut them off to not have to deal with them.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
I don't really buy plushies but the most recent one I got I left the tags on. When I got Oshawott back when BW came out I cut the plastic tag off of it and kept it in my nightstand since the artwork was very cute though.

Pelion

Regular Trainer
AKA
Curt
Time Zone
Est
I keep them. I have a giant state fair pikachu with a looped tag on his back. I lock it in a key chain holder and I'm never late for work. That yellow ******* is always peaking from behind the cushions. I'd never cut the tag off

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Creative Soul
AKA
lizzy
as soon as my parents stopped ripping the tags off my plushies for me the tags stayed on.

i like the info/pictures my plushies have on them and idk i feel like im kinda ruining it by removing anything

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I keep the sewn in tag but cut off any other tags.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Sometimes the tag comes off, but if it's collector's or just really special it stays.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i almost always cut off ALL tags but im very conflicted about it.

yes i even chop off that sewn in one. as close as i can to the fabric without damaging it. and every time, i feel like im kinda destroying a part of the plushie.

it's a very strange and bittersweet feeling but at the end of the day, i just feel like the tag is rly intrusive and that's the most overwhelming feeling for me. still, i do have that nagging feeling like it ruins or taints it in some way. i dont know why. i still do it with almost every single plushie ive ever gotten, but it hurts and when i cut off that tag it cuts off a part of me........,.,,

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I will say, if you have a seam ripper it can be a safer way to take off a sewn tag. Just a tip I use a lot!

neoratz

i wish squids were real
AKA
Katey
Time Zone
EST
i tend to keep the tags on, i'm not sure why! ESPECIALLY the sewn in tags.

Lauren

D:
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I always keep the tags on.