Thank you, People of Play

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
I remember looking at sorting hat and thinking "Wait a second, my whole cabin is tremendously busy. We're screwed." And in the early days, this looked right. But then, as a group, we all somehow got us to first and maintained it for a bit. Will we hold onto that lead? I'm gonna be honest with you and say probably not, but I am strangely content. I'm super proud of all of us this year. Despite all the prior commitments most of us had, we easily had the best teamwork out of all of the cabins. And we all did our best. We worked SO much mileage out of the hand we were dealt with and I am super proud of each and EVERY one of you who were here all week with me. I hope that I did you proud as your leader.

Hope I see you all next year, whether as your leader, your opponent, or staff. Thanks for everything, gamers.

ihsaan

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
ive not been in the forums at all and me joining this year's smash camp was completely an impulse decision

i didn't think i would put like. any real effort in. honestly i wouldn't have but this cabin had like. great spirit.

idk man if you told me before we started that id stay up till 5 am writing an edgy backstory or listening to the same 7 second loop of a song id be like yeah sounds like me but also do i actually care about sc that much? apparently i do

this is a ramble

it was fun. think that's wha treally mattered

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
I'm sorry if I ended up getting overbearing with my antics at times my fellow gamers. After the initial shock has pretty much passed me by, I did have fun through this whole event. It was fun getting to know a lot of you better and getting and holding the lead for a bit. I hope some black magic happens and we somehow are still in first, but I doubt it. I really wanted to get that year long pink username for all of us, but if it's not mean to be I gotta respect that.

Game on.

Joillian

New Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
IGN
Jillian
I know I probs didn’t contribute as much as I could. I’m not especially talented at art, writing, or games. BUT!!!! I loved seeing everyone’s talent and enthusiasm and it really inspired me to try my best, whether that’s attempting a speed run for the first time ever, slapping together some gfx art on my spotty vacation WiFi connection, or digging around in the dirt for half an hour to find a worm.

Thanks for a great week!!

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
This was my first Smash Camp and while I was around for most of the time (during my awake hours), I wish I could have contributed more. I discovered that I am consistently bad at Flash Games so I wasn't able to place for those throughout the week. The Scavenger Hunt items were trickier than I thought as well, although I was able to find at least one of them on most days. My biggest contribution came in the form of art as this is the one thing I do feel comfortable with and I'm glad I was able to earn our cabin some points through that.

Overall, this was a fun experience and I did like the atmosphere within our cabin a lot. I think we had the right balance between wanting to do well, while still remembering that all of this is just for fun.

I'll definitely be joining again next year. Guess I better start practicing flash games till then, huh?

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
Okay, this one week sure is tons of fun, though I wish I could contribute more. As y'all can see, I'm no good at art and story making, nor I got a good chance to do most flash games. And about the scavenger hunt, all I could do was helping out with some puzzles (emphasis on "some") due to my wacky timezone (a new Smash Camp day being midday where I live), though there was that one day when I couldn't find any of the items at all. Sorry about that, folks. :pensiveazurill:

That aside, I gotta agree with this:
Overall, this was a fun experience and I did like the atmosphere within our cabin a lot. I think we had the right balance between wanting to do well, while still remembering that all of this is just for fun.
Even I, a total noob among the campers, can feel it too. Big thanks to y'all, guys. :tearazurill:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
I know I didn't contribute as much as I could have, but I had fun doing what I did. Main problem for me was having an erratic work schedule on top of it being the week leading up to a holiday abroad, so had lots to work out as well as try to fit in some SC stuff to submit it in time. The first couple days of the scavenger hunt felt great as they were things I had at hand, but then it all just kinda fell apart the last couple days. I'm actually quite surprised that we won. Feels alien, but awesome too. It's just that everyone was so gosh darn competitive, but I guess we just believed in the heart of the cards more. This was my first SC, now that I know what it's all about, next year I'll be a lot more mentally prepared for what's to come!

Well done everyone. :D

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
You guys were great to work with throughout the week. Even if most of us felt like we weren't contributing enough, everyone put in effort and the results definitely showed! I had a lot of fun doing this with you all and hope you did too <3

God

a Mess
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
EST
congrats bih

yall did good, i feel bad for not giving in and givin the icons to nick oops lol

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Hello I wanted to wait till scores were up to see if we won or nah, and then I got distracted, and then I went to sleep because I had to work, and now here I am lmao.

Y'all were awesome! Admittedly, there were times where I was stressed and felt a lot of pressure to just do better, but at the end of the day, I relaxed and wanted to just have some fun, and I did. I wish I could've done more because Smash Camp is one of my favorite events, but I did have fun in the time I put into this. I'm really proud of the comeback we made to pull off a win, and also just the sheer teamwork that we had. It was great working with y'all throughout the course of the week! I'm really glad I got thrown back into cabin 3 for this year's camp. ♥

also we won, hell yeah.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
<Looking under @Felly 's avatar> You going to go for the record on having the most banners under your name all year round now? ;)

EDIT: I suppose there are a few others that could also fit into this haha.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
<Looking under @Felly 's avatar> You going to go for the record on having the most banners under your name all year round now? ;)
I'd say that the "Cult Classic" banner gonna stay there until the next mafia game (not EIM). The most banners thing should go to @Bluejay and @Wheegalure with that "Staff Emeritus" banner. :hmmazurill:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Time to make a fun competition about it! It'll mostly be ex-staff in the running, but oh well. :P

Reactions: SAF

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5

EDIT: I suppose there are a few others that could also fit into this haha.
I gotta find two more banners for that. Someone open up staff apps and lemme apply, so I can get a banner that way, and then let's get a bunch of people to throw against me in a tourney and I can get that banner too, and then I'll be set for a lil bit. xD