Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
So, many of us on here are going to have games from our childhood that we remember playing, or remember details about, but don't remember the name of, or similar things. I'm curious as to everyone else's memories, and also, by having this thread maybe with the help of others on the forum you might be able to remember more about the game?

I have vivid memories of playing this game on my old ****ty laptop back in what must've been 2009, possibly earlier. It was a Pokemon-like game where you collected creatures, but the whole game was really cyber-themed and the game was kind of gorey in the battles but the blood and guts was all different colours instead of red. I can't remember most of the creatures but the most memorable was one of the starting three that was this frog and it had like an axe blade at the end of its tongue? I also remember some kind of electric millipede looking thing but this is all I remember. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and tells me I will honestly marry you I've been trying to remember this game for at least 6 years.

Anyway what about your forgotten games?

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Well... there was a bike racing game I played on my sister's laptop on an emulator...
And that's all I can remember of it

It doesn't help anyone really narrow my game down does it?
Also I'll try to find the game you remember online if I can :)

Jessy

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Wow that’s cool!! Go vacation was one of my favorite childhood games back when I had my Nintendo Wii. Thank goodness it was re-released on the Nintendo switch.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
One of my favorite childhood games is Tremulous. It is a PC game of course and my friends and I would play for hours. Another game that brings back memories is LoZ Twilight Princess. I never knew how to play but I always watched my brother play and it's a good memory.

Jessy

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
One of my favorite childhood games is Tremulous. It is a PC game of course and my friends and I would play for hours. Another game that brings back memories is LoZ Twilight Princess. I never knew how to play but I always watched my brother play and it's a good memory.

Ayyyy so coool

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Before I had a proper game system, I would play one of those educational plug and play consoles to pass the time (Between 2006-2009 I believe). There was a Toy Story 2 game, a Finding Nemo game, and a Ratatouille game. My parents donated it after I got my first DS (2010) so I can’t check to see what it is.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
Ah if we are talking first game device I had my brother's hand-me-down gameboy SP which I played his Emerald game constantly on. Nostalgic thinking of the past.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
So, many of us on here are going to have games from our childhood that we remember playing, or remember details about, but don't remember the name of, or similar things. I'm curious as to everyone else's memories, and also, by having this thread maybe with the help of others on the forum you might be able to remember more about the game?

I have vivid memories of playing this game on my old ****ty laptop back in what must've been 2009, possibly earlier. It was a Pokemon-like game where you collected creatures, but the whole game was really cyber-themed and the game was kind of gorey in the battles but the blood and guts was all different colours instead of red. I can't remember most of the creatures but the most memorable was one of the starting three that was this frog and it had like an axe blade at the end of its tongue? I also remember some kind of electric millipede looking thing but this is all I remember. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and tells me I will honestly marry you I've been trying to remember this game for at least 6 years.

Anyway what about your forgotten games?
What kind of style was the game in? I wouldn't mind looking for it.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Also I'll try to find the game you remember online if I can :)
What kind of style was the game in? I wouldn't mind looking for it.
Honestly I've searched loads online but I'd definitely appreciate the help.
The Pokemon comparison continues because the battle system was similar, both the creature... things would have attacks and you'd choose the attack at the start of your turn. I think there was microtransactions in it. It was really cybernetic-themed.
Also, it MIGHT have a sequel that nobody liked but I can't remember if that was a dream I had or not.
Other than what I said in the top post this is all I can remember.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Do you remember anything about the artstyle? Was it sprites like Pokemon? Crappy Drawings? Models? What did the overworld look like? Something out of RPGMaker? Was it a Flash game?

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Do you remember anything about the artstyle? Was it sprites like Pokemon? Crappy Drawings? Models? What did the overworld look like? Something out of RPGMaker? Was it a Flash game?
It was a free downloadable game, and it was all 3d models for the creatures, and of surprisingly good quality too. There was no overworld, it was an online multiplayer game and it was all menu-based I guess you could say, entirely based around fighting other people, or at the very least that's all I knew to do in it.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
RIP my nintendogs who I haven't fed in like, 10 years ='(

I was a girly kid so I was absolutely addicted to that GoGirl website (I looked it up and apparently it's GirlsGoGames now? I swear it was GoGirls before). But I absolutely adored the simulated skincare/makeover/fashion games. In order to be able to play these games, I had to do an hour of this typing game first to improve my typing speed, which I HATED because I was terrible at typing fast. It was like, it gave you a word and you had to type it out before the bubbles hit the bottom and burst. Ngl I still play those skincare/makeup games (phone apps, not the same website) from time to time, perhaps it's nostalgia or it's simplicity.

Tamagotchi counts right?? Me and my friends were addicted, I had at at least 5 of them hanging on a keychain and I would get super sad when they died.

Not a kids game, but I got FB when I was really young and was incredibly addicted to Miniplanet. I'm sad that it closed down, YoWorld isn't the same at all.

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
There were a bunch of old Spongebob flash games I used to play on Nick.com, one in particular having you stack ingredients and flip burgers to make Krabby Patties. There were other ones, but that was what most stuck to me.

On the topic of old Spongebob games, I remember having this weird plug & play system that was a piano. It had a Spongebob game, a Dora game, and some others I think. I've always wanted to hunt it down but honestly I'm not sure if it even exists. I was a pretty vivid dreamer back then, so I wonder if I just imagined it.

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
IGN
Isiac
When I was like 10 I used to play this one game online that you were some type of little character and you could interact with others and even get a pet. I know the game characters were based around 'monsters' but I don't recall the name. I'm not even sure it still exists.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i dont think it rly counts as a game but.. when i was really really litle and we only had 1 computer as a family, we had something where you could essentially make your desktop background like a fish tank if that makes sense. more fish would appear over time i think and you could click a button to feed them. you could also add decorations. the graphics weren't cartoony they were realistic. my mom and i both loved it. no idea wtf that was.

Psychoreality

Lazy Music Boy
The Simpsons Game on DS.

I mean, it's not particularly that good, but I played it so many times over because my brothers would keep deleting my save files.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
The PC version of Tonic Trouble, this off-the-wall-weird collect-a-thon platformer I could only ever beat the first few levels of. I must have played and replayed those levels a hundred times, and just could never open the path to the next one. I ended up ordering it off of Amazon a couple years ago, but my laptop didn't have a CD drive and it just wouldn't run on the family computer. I still need to find a way to play it again and find out if it was really as good as I remember.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I didn't even know there were games besides Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the PC until I was, like, ten - when I learned that there was one for the GameCube also. All things considered (cash-in on a movie that was a cash-in on a book) it was kind of weirdly good, it was basically The Legend of Zelda with a veneer of Potter, and it's even aged surprisingly well, although it turns out that Unreal Engine 1 doesn't run well on anything that came out later than Windows 7 so getting it to work is kind of a pain.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
i dont think it rly counts as a game but.. when i was really really litle and we only had 1 computer as a family, we had something where you could essentially make your desktop background like a fish tank if that makes sense. more fish would appear over time i think and you could click a button to feed them. you could also add decorations. the graphics weren't cartoony they were realistic. my mom and i both loved it. no idea wtf that was.
Probably something like Aquazone or Aquazone Deluxe.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Oh god. When I was young, I played a lot of edutainment games. None of them were good, but I loved playing them and they ranged from Living Books to Humongous Entertainment to The Learning Company (yes, really). The only one I can't remember too clearly was some Scooby Doo adventure game set in Egypt. Because I was also obsessed with Scooby Doo, one of my favorite PS2 games when I was little was probably Night of 100 Frights... Young me had no taste in videogames.