The 100 Video Game Song Showdown V3 - SEMI FINALS ROUND 4 (ANYONE CAN VOTE)

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
You Will Know Our Names - Xenoblade Chronicles (7/10) - It's a great song, I've heard it a lot because of Smash but it's still pretty nice. I never really went out of my way to try to listen to this song in the game though and that carries over to here.
Nemesis Final Form Theme - Resident Evil 3 (5/10) - Spooky scary skeletons are spooky (I know it's not about skeletons). Ok song.
Theme - Halo: Combat Evolved (8.5/10) - Such a classic theme, still holds up even after all these years.
Vague Hope/Cold Rain - NieR Automata (8.5/10) - While I definitely like this song and I think it's beautiful, it's not necessarily my favorite.
Spicy Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon 2 (9.5/10) - I absolutely love this song. Even though I love the Splatoon soundtrack, I've always felt that the vocals bring the songs down and that they'd be better with normal lyrics. This isn't my very top song in the game, but still one of my favs.

Last edited:

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
You Will Know Our Names - Xenoblade Chronicles - 7/10: pretty cool sounding boss(???) theme! it's one of those games I've not played but it's on that really long list of games I'd love to try sometime!
Nemesis Final Form Theme - Resident Evil 3 - 6/10: I'd played the smallest bit of RE3 as a kid. Never made it to the end... this theme is decent but kinda seems weird in a RE game?
Theme - Halo: Combat Evolved - 8/10: Yeah this is a classic... I do love the way it builds up.
Vague Hope/Cold Rain - NieR Automata - 9/10: another one on the list of games I wanna play a lot. I'd normally give this an 8 and say it was really pleasant to listen to... but Matt's with me and I figured I'd give an extra point to his favourite.
Spicy Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon 2 - 3/10: no. (there were maybe some slightly tuneful things going on which is why I've even given it three points in the first place... but that was overshadowed by just the whole thing grating on me tbh)

Pantheon

Right. On. Cue!
Staff Emeritus
You Will Know Our Names - 5/10 - Always thought this song was heavily overrated, still think it is. Opening is so mediocre and doesn't match the rest of the song well imo.
Nemesis Final Form Theme - 8/10 - Looking at the lukewarm comments immediately above I was pleasantly surprised by this. Great sense of urgency.
Theme - 8/10 - Since I disagreed significantly with George and Brian on the above two, I thought I'd rate this lower. I didn't, this has great build-up.
Vague Hope/Cold Rain - 9/10 - Right up my alley.
Spicy Calamari Inkantation - 5/10 - Bleh, highs and lows. Overall meh.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
I'm feeling incredibly lazy but friend voted.

You Will Know Our Names: I'm really feeling it! in all seriousness though, 7/10. Super intense through the whole thing, but when it's intense even during the part that's supposed to be calmer that's a bit much. Really great tune though, there's a reason I like this Xenoblade song so much more than any other Xenoblade songs.
Nemesis Final Form Theme: 6/10. Strong background, significantly weaker tune and song structure. Sets its mood very well, though. The whole time, I was thinking I didn't like it, but I actually did? If that makes sense?
Halo: 8/10. Love the drums, love the chanting, love the violin, love the thing at the beginning where it alternates between each ear, overall an excellent song with almost nothing I didn't like. My only problem is that it feels a bit repetitive, but that might just be the fact I've heard it so many times. Believe it or not this is not my favorite halo song tho and that was nagging me @ person who submitted and yes I did have to write that here instead of just telling you
Vague Hope/Cold Rain: 10/10 It's so pretty? I mean I know I'm a sucker for a good piano part personally but I'm actually speechless like holy ****! there's nothing bad about this song! I can't analyze this, it'd just take away from it.
Spicy Calamari Inkantation: 9/10, all y'all docking points for the voices haven't played the game for a fact and you should go fix that because Splatoon 2 is amazing. The song is amazing too, they took an unbeatable song from the first game and somehow made it better. The tune was already amazing, they gave it a great opening, they put so much into the background parts (except for one specific thing that bothers me enough to lower this to a 9), just fantastic overall. I love the incorporation of the splatfest plaza theme, but if you haven't played splatoon 1 you'd miss that. Really, the song is perfect for Splatoon, but listening to it as a song it's just barely not perfect.
me rn:

Last edited:

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
You Will Know Our Names - Xenoblade Chronicles: 7.1
Nemesis Final Form Theme - Resident Evil 3: 5.87
Theme - Halo: Combat Evolved: 7.73
Vague Hope/Cold Rain - NieR Automata: 8.83
Spicy Calamari Inkantation - Splatoon 2: 7.17

v good round everyone but vague hope moves on making it the second nier song to move on being tied with okami for the only other game to have 2 songs from it advance

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default — 6/10. Hey this was pretty hype.
Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time — 8/10. How calming....zzzz....
Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic — 3/10.
Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective — 7/10.
Last Surprise - Persona 5 — 5/10. I don't know what to think about this one...right in the middle. xD

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default: 4/10 - I couldn't get into it, honestly. Like, it definitely pushed the pace. But then I just found the flow to be weird, it kinda just went all over the map and it definitely feels like they tried to do too much within the song itself. By the 4 minute mark I just went "there's seriously 2 minutes of this left?", which best sums up how I feel about this song.
Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time: 0/10 THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR STEALING MY SONG KAT ):<<< 10/10 - Look, I could listen to this **** for hours. I instantly loved hearing this in the background of the blue rift levels in HiT. It's so chill, so relaxing, it's honestly amazing and very well done.
Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: 4.5/10 - This was okay, I guess. Didn't really do much for me tbh. Kinda just "meh".
Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: 8/10 - This was intriguing and definitely held my attention throughout. Definitely an interesting song, pretty solid. I enjoyed it.
Last Surprise - Persona 5: 2/10 - Urg. I did not like that singing voice, which really brought this down for me. Lyrics were very much bleh. The background track was alright but far from enough to salvage this for me.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Switch FC
SW-6946-6396-3973
Serpent Eating the Ground - 10/10: I've heard it being called "Serpent Devours the Horizon", but whatever. Definitely one of my favourite tracks in Bravely Default. That start is amazing, the more ominous bit when Ouroboros starts devouring things, then that finale with the four special themes and... whatever that fifth song is... just wow.

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - 9/10: I'm surprised how relaxing this song is. Hat in Time is on my list of games to play at some point, but yeah, very relaxing, very nice.

Darth Malak Battle - 6/10: In all honesty, I don't mind this song. It's pretty good, a bit Star Wars-y, which is fine.

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - 7/10: Huh. Interesting. Very Ace Attorney, I don't mind it at all. Aside from that, not much else to say about it.

Last Surprise - 7/10: I'll admit there are better normal battle themes in Persona (Mass Destruction and Time to Make History come to mind), and better themes in general in Persona 5, but Last Surprise is a nice song. I actually like Lyn's singing here. Yes, there are better tracks with her singing in it, but it's still decent.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default: 10/10 eggcellent just pure bliss from beginning to end

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time: 5/10 very calm but i love a lot of more tracks from hat in time way more

Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: 3/10 short i guess ??

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: 8/10

Last Surprise - Persona 5: 9/10 im jam

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Serpent Eating the Ground from Bravely Default
8.5/10 i looove the pacing and the way it kept changing kept me so engaged!! it didn't even feel messy or disjointed to me, the whole thing came together quite well i thimk

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea from A Hat in Time
9/10 what a gorgeous little track. it may be simple but it is perfectly soothing and feels like it is snuggling my soul.

Darth Malak Battle from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
3/10 ebic. and ebicly short

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate from Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
7/10 this is so gr00vy i like it

Last Surprise from Persona 5
9/10 you'll never see it cOMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default - (7.5/10) nom nom he eatin the group nom snek

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time - (8/10) This song isn't as cute as Kat but it's close

Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - (8.5/10) This song was like an epic video game song and game song at the same time.

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - (8/10) This sounds happily familiar to me for some reason. Nostalgic? And I haven't even played the game, nice.

Last Surprise - Persona 5 - (8/10) Reading these lyrics in real time was a real trip lmao!!!

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default: 10
I love this song so much. The choir. The keyboard. The electric guitar. I could go on, but I won't. Also love it it incorporates the main character's themes without them being jarring. It's just too beautiful.

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time: 6.5
It's quite nice sounding but I feel there are better chill tracks and I find this to be kinda boring all things consider. Mainly a personal taste thing though.

Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: 3.5
uh ok. yay star wars.

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: 7.5
Sounds really neat and sorta reminds me of watching AVGN as that is the only way I've experienced games from stuff like Sega Genesis. After a bit of looking seems like it came from DS and now it's reminding me of PMD if it had some sort of neon future track or something. Pretty cool.

Last Surprise - Persona 5: 8
I quite like this song. It has its faults in how cheesy it is, but that doesn't take away the fun of "You'll never see it coming."

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default | 8/10
tbh the beginning was rly boring to me but as it went on i started to like it a lot more. rly good epic final battle-esque song. the ending was rly RLY good also.........

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time | 8/10
Goddamnit I need to play this game ;o; rly peaceful and just makes me UWU, especially around like 2:30

Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic | 5/10
i mean it's a song? feels rly BIG but there wasn't much there imo

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective | 7/10
good jam very groovy tbh

Last Surprise - Persona 5 | 9.5/10

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default (9/10) Love this soundtrack. Anyways, the composition here might be kind of odd to someone who hasn't played the game, since it fuses different sections of a multi-part final boss battle together, but the latter section (which plays during the final portions of the fight) are really hype and tie the character themes along with that of the main game, which I really like.
Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time (8/10) This is pretty good water level music. Gains an extra point because of the part near the end
Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (7/10) It is short (like all of the tracks from this game. There's no looping in the files), sure, but it gets what it needs to across.
Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (6/10) It's got an interesting melody but that's kind of about it
Last Surprise - Persona 5 (9/10) Cheesy and memey but it's still great. Not every battle theme has to be fast-paced and heavy.

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default: 9/10 - The whole thing was a pretty intense experience... the opening 3 minutes felt pretty structured and I was beginning to think it was a loop... and then it threw me for a loop. Awesome.
Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time: 7/10 - The opening bit that keeps recurring really reminds me of Forbidden Colours by Ryuichi Sakamoto. Unfortunately... because that comparison immediately came to mind, it didn't really live up to the standard I set! But it's still rather nice.
Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: 5/10 - a bit generic, really. Nothing offensive.
Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: 6/10 - This was a track. It had music. I heard it. It was fine. 6.
Last Surprise - Persona 5: 9 **** it 10/10 - oh this is funky as hell in all the right ways I love it. honestly can't decide what I like more out of the two good ones here y'know. nah i made my mind up this one is just catchy okay.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default: 6.9/10 - maybe it's the fact that I didn't love this game and it's been a while since I played it, but idk I don't love this track either. I do really like the part with the character themes and I think it's got some neat things going for it, I just wouldn't pull it up to listen to it, which is basically what makes something a 7 for me.

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time: 9/10 - this is so relaxing can imagine like walking around through an aquarium with this playing or something i love it. I'm not sure what it reminds me of but it has a very familiar feeling even though I definitely haven't heard it before.

Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: 6/10 - certainly got an epic battle feeling to it

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: 8.5/10 - one of my favorite songs in a soundtrack that sets a mood very well i am READY TO SOLVE THE MYSTERY OF MY OWN DEATH HECK YA

Last Surprise - Persona 5: 9/10 - is it my favorite P5 track? No, but it's hecking groovy. It also reminds me of my cat so there u go.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default: 9.25/10 The change from the intro to the actual song kind of threw me off at first, but in a good way. I really liked how intense this song was. The guitar and trumpets were extremely good but I couldn't really get into the vocals and I'm glad they weren't always present. Sometimes it was hard to follow how much was going on but everything together still had an excellent sound.

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time: 8/10 This was pretty relaxing. The whale sounds were a nice touch tho!

Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: 10/10 It's short, yes, but IMO that doesn't detract from it in any way. It captures the intensity of a final battle against the strongest living (known) Sith Lord perfectly. It also captures the difficulty of the final boss especially at the beginning. Every time I hear this song I remember myself never being able to even touch Malak unless I shocked him with lightning. It loops in the game too.

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: 9.5/10 This was also really nice, and I liked how it was in a minor key over a major key because those tend to sound darker and more mysterious. I was jamming to this.

Last Surprise - Persona 5: 9.75/10 Love the feel of this song and I would have liked to play this in Jazz Band sometime it would have been a blast tbh. This is a huge jam.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default: 7/10 Good stuff. That said, I didn't quite love it for some reason.

Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time: 7/10 Very relaxing, very nice.

Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: 8/10 Holy hell is this menacing. Very much up my alley.

Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: 8/10 Oooooh, I'm jamming to this.

Last Surprise - Persona 5: 9/10 My god, speaking of jams. I was grooving to this the entire time.

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default (8/10) - I never played Bravely Default but I've always loved its soundtrack. Great song.
Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time (7/10) - Chill and relaxing song. I liked it.
Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (4/10) - Ehhhhh, I wasn't a fan of this. I feel like it'd get especially repetitive on a loop.
Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (7.5/10) - Not bad. I loved how jammy this was. I got pretty into it the more I listened so I'd say it's quite a jam.
Last Surprise - Persona 5 (10/10) - This song is sex.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Serpent Eating the Ground - Bravely Default: 8.08
Clock Towers Beneath the Sea - A Hat in Time: 7.82
Darth Malak Battle - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: 5.46
Detective Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective: 7.5
Last Surprise - Persona 5: 8.16

this was so close it was insane but congrats last surprise