The 100 Video Game Song Showdown V3 - SEMI FINALS ROUND 4 (ANYONE CAN VOTE)

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes: 6.5/10 - This was pretty decent. Background track was good, singer and lyrics were decent.
Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon: 5 or what???/10 - This is very well the strangest song in this whole showdown for me. Beginning was pretty tame, kinda "eh". Then it picked up and I was like "oh hey this might actually be good". Then all these voices come in and I'm just like "what the strawberries is going on". This left me pretty confused. I don't even really know how to rate this since I'm like "how do you rate something that strange when you're unsure how you feel about it", so I'm just defaulting to 5 since...yeah, really unsure.
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 8/10 - Always down for a peaceful and relaxing song.
In Circles - Transistor: 8.5/10 - This was definitely a solid song. Good background track, good singer, decent lyrics. I enjoyed it.
Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 7/10 - This was soothing. Not really mind blowing or anything, but it's a decent enough song to listen to.

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
lizzy
no more heroes 2/10 - what the **** is this guys voice. terrible is what it is. like a bad choir singer at church. not a 1 because of the cool sax at the end

gungeon 6/10 - its weird but im groovin. gets worse towards the end. like they got a dude who was like "yeah i can totally rap!".

oneshot 7/10 - peaceful, i like it. its something i would put on a playlist and then forget about and kinda just have in the background

transistor 7/10 - this is good, love the girl singing, but i feel like she could sing better stuff. also i dont like the middle part just sounds like grating noise

zelda 5/10 - yep thats a flute and some piano. boring song. its "pretty"

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes: 6/10 - Old school. Was fine, 6.
Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon : 6/10 - How novel. Didn't really enjoy it much tho.
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 5/10 - kinda boring? but okay.
In Circles - Transistor: 7/10 - Never played this game but I've heard another song from their OST which I massively preferred (We All Become)? This was a pretty good song. Singer's got a good voice.
Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 6/10 - This is really nice but... it's so short and basic- there's nothing more to it and so I'm left feeling disappointed on the whole!

pretty weak round considering the last two!

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes: 1/10 genuinely hilarious

Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon: 5/10 decent but the rapping takes away from it a lot and this is from someone who likes rap

Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 7.5/10 neat

In Circles - Transistor: 8.5/10 v gudu love the vocals

Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 6/10 pretty but short

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything from No More Heroes
3/10 imteresting little piece, i thought the background was ok but i didn't like the voice with it at all

Enter the Gungeon from Enter the Gungeon
8/10 i rly liked this, some of the vocals were a little odd and took me out of it and i do overall wish the rapping wasn't there, cuz it's got a really intoxicating ethereal sound to it otherwise

Eleventh Hour from Oneshot
9.5/10 mesmerizing... i did not find this boring at all. every piece of it worked and it didn't try too hard to be anything it wasn't

In Circles from Transistor
8.5/10 another very very pretty one... the vocals were good too

Sidon's Theme from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6/10 it is p nice. but the fl00t noise (?) was a little grating to me for some reason and overall i found it a little too basic.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes: 6/10 Of all the fantastic tracks from this game, I'm genuinely confused as to why this one was picked. It's not bad, I don't think, but there were so many great songs in NMH that this one pales in comparison. Nice set of pipes on the singer, at least.

Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon: 5/10 I liked this a lot more before the rap bits came in.

Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 8/10 Ooooh, pretty.

In Circles - Transistor: 8/10 I really liked the vocals here.

Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 7/10 I liked this. Not much more to say about it.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes: 1.5/10 I didn't like this. The instrumentals weren't balanced and the singer was bad.

Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon: 6/10 The vocalizations were unexpected but not TERRIBLE. It would have been more of a jam without them tho.

Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 7/10 This was relaxing and pretty laid-back. Not much going on in it though.

In Circles - Transistor: 7.5/10 This was an interesting song. I liked the instrumentals and the vocals were ok, though tbh I didn't really like the singer's voice. The bridge was nice with the guitar and banging on metal sounds lol.

Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 10/10 The piccolo makes me think of someone who lost someone very dear to them but is still carrying on to save the world. The piano chords fit so well too and I love this theme.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes: 2/10 - I did not find the vocals pleasant at all

Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon: 6.5/10 - ok so the rapping actually made me like it a little more bc it felt so busy and i wasn't fond but then the rapping made me chuckle? idk i can't take this song seriously at all.

Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 7/10 - I'm basically with Lizzy on this one it's a nice chill background track

In Circles - Transistor: 10/10 - I love this soundtrack. Unfortunately this is one of those songs that is better with context (and more specifically when paired with _n C_rcl_s) but it's a jam and probably my favorite vocal track from the game.

Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 6.5/10 - it's nice, but i wish it was a little less simple

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes: 4
Quite fine, but the singer sounds more like someone doing a wacky impression than an actual singer which brings it down some for me and keeps me form really getting into it.

Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon: 10
By Beholster eye, Dragun tooth, Gungeon wind do whisper one truth... This is definitely a song that I feel is context based. It's an upgraded version of the main theme and it feels so good the first time you listen to it because you know you have beat the final boss. The rap to me is cheesy but fun and perfectly encapsulates what the whole game is.

Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 7
This thumbnail reminds me of this time I went to Chile's. On a more serious note, this song is nice and chill. I like it.

In Circles - Transistor: 7
This an interesting and kinda calm song up to a certain point. The singer's vocals are super nice. The lyrics are also kinda potent. There's something that ticks me off about this song, but I can't lay my finger on it outside of it maybe being the annoying screeching sound that happens halfway through.

Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 6.5
Just nice background Zelda music that adds to the experience but I feel kinda struggles standing on its own due to a lack of something making the song stand out outside of the flute. And even then, flutes I feel are a major part of Zelda music.

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes — 1/10. I don't like this .n.'
Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon — 4/10. Oh hey I played this a bit last week.
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot — 9/10. how calming ♥
In Circles - Transistor — 2/10.
Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 8/10.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
The Virgin Child Makes Her Wish Without Feeling Anything - No More Heroes: 3.3
Enter the Gungeon - Enter the Gungeon: 6.15
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 7.5
In Circles - Transistor: 7.4
Sidon's Theme - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: 6.8

wow that was neck and neck nice
now on to the lastround before semi-finals fellers

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc — 6/10.
Make This Right - Furi — 4/10. I thought I was going to like this, but the vocals ruined it a bit for me. Still has pretty parts
Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy — 5/10. Pretty neat. Kinda gets better
Dance Time! -Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside — 2/10. ;w;'''
Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes — 6/10.

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: (8/10) Loved the intensity really into that sliddy slippy

Make This Right - Furi: (10/10) Ok this was heckin awesome and I'm gonna jam later legit

Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: (8/10) Definitely felt the spooks...if it's not supposed to be spooky this is bad but if it is it then excellent job very spooky

Dance Time! - Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside: (10/10) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: (8.5/10) Making me feel like punching people? *inhales* perhaps!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 8/10 - Definitely some good energy here. Good vibes. Solid song.
Make This Right - Furi: 9.5/10 - Man, this is really solid. It flowed well, it had some great energy, I was definitely listening intently and moving along to the song. Really enjoyable.
Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: 7/10 - I've written 97 other descriptions up to this point, I'm gonna be happy when I can stop doing these ****ty descriptions, lol. Mailing it in for this one. Song is good. All I really have to say.
Dance Time! -Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside: 10/10 - yeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss. This is such a nostalgia kick for me, oh my god. I'm giving into my nostalgia with my rating.
Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: 2.5/10 - We started with a Sonic Heroes song, we end with a Sonic Heroes song. This is boring tbh. It just falls flat so badly.

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: slapper 9/10

Make This Right - Furi: this game is really good and this song is also pretty good 7/10

Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: oh god i forgot this game came out lol. it's aight 6/10

Dance Time! - Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside: i mean ok 3/10

Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: blegh 5/10

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 7.5/10 solid dap but still like tracks from the later games way more

Make This Right - Furi: 9.8/10 oh fujkjjk

Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: 6/10 neat and silly

Dance Time! -Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside: 3/10 ok

Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: 3/10 guitar

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
9/10 im love this track. it's a straight jam

Make This Right from Furi
8/10 this is p dam chill. idk how i feel about the ending but most the track is rly nice

Labyrinth of Sand from SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
7.5/10 this is very circusy... i like it!!

Dance Time! from Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside
3/10 look nostalgia aside (and i have a LOT of nostalgia for this game) i don't have much to say it is a very basic dance track and very washed out from age.

Egg Emperor from Sonic Heroes
5/10 dam this slapped at first but didn't have much to it overall.

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
lizzy
danganronpa 4/10 - repetitive af, reminds me of a racing game character select screen. repetitive gradual techno

furi 8/10 - i like this alot, but ive listened to music like this and compared to that its pretty ok. like i like the genre but in terms of the genre its average. and it gets a lil too grungy for me around the 4min mark.

SNK 9/10 - i love whimsical songs like this, there are some things i dislike about it but overall i love the dark circus/grande ball feeling.

pajama sam 1/10 - why is it so quiet. why is this here.

sonic 4/10 - there are so many better sonic songs. this one is super repetitive and just generic rock.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
happy birthday boss i'm doing this without u harassing me first :J

Discussion ~HEAT UP~ from Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc | 6/10
jamming song and started off strong but then it just kept looping.... if it had more variety it would have been great but if you cut it at the first loop it'd be short af and not have much else

Make This Right from Furi | 5.5/10
well it was definitely a song. started off rly good.... but like around 3mins i lost interest and the ending was like ?????????????????????????????

Labyrinth of Sand from SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy | 7.5
fun and casual song!! idk if anyone else feels this but it almost was like luigi's mansion at the circus? idk, nice track tho

Dance Time! from Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside | 2.5/10
um,,,,

Egg Emperor from Sonic Heroes | 5/10
idk this was just mediocre on every level and not much else

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (7/10) It's fun to listen to, but actually works better in-game than on its own
Make This Right - Furi (7/10) This is certainly a slow-paced EDM track. I do like the sounds used but I'm curious as to how this is used in-game...
Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (5.5/10) This went in so many directions
Dance Time! -Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside (3/10) What's going on with the sound production here? Also there's not a whole lot to actually rate; it seems very simple
Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes* (5.5/10) The guitar is nice but overall this track feels kinda monotonous