• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 100 Video Game Song Showdown V3 - SEMI FINALS ROUND 4 (ANYONE CAN VOTE)

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 2/10 - this was not my cup of tea. it could've grated on me more... but not by much more.
Make This Right - Furi: 6/10 - This was nice enough. Dragged a lil bit, grated a little bit at the 4 min mark but overall, fine!
Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: 7/10 - Kinda quirky. Liked it on the whole, but not a lot!
Dance Time! -Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside: 6/10 - Is this really... controversial or something? Am I missing something? This is a very inoffensive but unremarkable track.
Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: 5/10 - Well I thought it was gonna be a bop and then it wasn't. Can't even tell where this is supposed to loop... could've been worse!

weak round imo

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 7.5/10 - It does what it's meant to do very well and also am jam

Make This Right - Furi: 8/10 - i love the beat

Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: 7/10 - it's fun dance party at the circus hek ya

Dance Time! -Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside: 2/10 - Pajama Sam more like... i'm gonna go put on my pajamas zzz

Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: 4/10 - it's fine i guess

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 9/10 This is a huge jam and I love hearing this music when it starts playing in the games. Probably my favorite trial music and I like how it lays back after the introduction signifying that people are actually talking lol.

Make This Right - Furi: 6.5/10 The beat was good in here. The vocals made the song sound VERY weird when they were present and even without them the song sounded weird most of the time. During the parts without them it clicked with me a lot more tho. It was pretty good but nothing I'd listen to again, and felt a little repetitive and lacking at times.

Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: 5.25/10 I liked that introduction. It was a very dynamic song in terms of feel. It was an interesting song but some instruments were too powerful and others too quiet at times.

Dance Time! - Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside: 2.5/10 Nothing to say here really? It's a song, I guess.

Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: 5.75/10 What Jasper said. It was ok and I liked the drums and guitar enough to rate it more than just neutral I guess.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Discussion ~HEAT UP: 7/10. This works well in game but loses like all of its intensity without context.
Make This Right: 9/10. Tbh any other song from this game is 10/10 easy and you should listen to all of the songs. Just love the driving, relentless forward motion of the beat in this one; It never lets up but still doesn't exhaust the listener. Doesn't do as much with itself as it could have.
Labyrinth of Sand: 3/10. This felt uninspired and poorly executed. Is it carnival or desert? it's somehow both clichés but doesn't do either well at all. It also keeps jumping around without actually letting any part fully develop.
Dance Time: 1/10. This was grainy, annoying, and boring all at once.
Egg Emperor: 5/10. Has what seems like a strong opening at first, but then it goes a little too long, and then it turns out the song is incapable of producing more than a few different riffs. Actually, feels kinda like a Splatoon 2 battle song, if the song was cut down to the worst 20% for looping and then looped.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 5/10 Ehhhhhhh.

Make This Right - Furi: 7/10 Pretty rad. Not a big EDM guy, but I liked this.

Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: 9/10 Now this is more my speed. I'm a sucker for both desert tracks and spooky circus tracks, and this manages to feel like both at the same time.

Dance Time! - Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide Whens it's Dark Outside: 7/10 I dunno, it was cute, i basically liked it. Wish it wasn't so quiet, but whatever.

Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: 10/10 This is admittedly a fairly generic rock piece, if a bit harder than what Sonic usually has in that regard, but the reason I like this song so much is because it's the only damn thing that kept me sane during this godawful boss fight. I'm 100% biased and I don't care.

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (8/10) - Pretty good jam.
Make This Right - Furi (7.5/10) - Also pretty good jam but not as good as the previous.
Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (5/10) - This sounds like Egypt got made into a Halloween Dance song. Pretty decent song.
Dance Time! -Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside (2/10) - This exists, I guess.
Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes* (3/10) - Generic rock song that doesn't really catch my interest. Not the strongest song to end with.

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Discussion ~HEAT UP~ - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: 6.9
Make This Right - Furi: 7.59
Labyrinth of Sand - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy: 6.52
Dance Time! -Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside: 3.87
Egg Emperor - Sonic Heroes: 5.15

congrats furi you the last song to make it

if you check the first page you can see where the 20 songs were shuffled to for the semi-finals along with the wildcard round
Remember, for these rounds you will rate by +3, +1, 0, -1, -3. You can only assign one number to each song. DO NOT intentionally nuke a song because it's doing well and you want yours to win. That is sad.
OK LEGGO

NOTE: keep the songs in the order i present them to you rather than ordering them from +3 to -3 as it will make tallying scores way easier for me thank

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
The Sun Rises - Okami -3

Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta 0

A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2 +3

Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7 +1

Eleventh Hour - Oneshot -1

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
lizzy
The Sun Rises - Okami -1 this song is so loud and has so many instruments playing at once. it seems like theyre fighting against eachother
Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta +1 so sexy! love this song
A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2 +3 very emotional, i really like the violin and piano
Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7 -3 dont like this very much still
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot 0 neutral on this song

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
The Sun Rises - Okami -3

Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta 0

A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2 -1

Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7 +1

Eleventh Hour - Oneshot +3

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
The Sun Rises - Okami (+1)
Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta (-3)
A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2 (+3)
Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7 (0)
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot (-1)

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
The Sun Rises - Okami: -3 it was ok just like last time
Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta: -1 A nice bop but still a lot better bayonetta songs
A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2: +3 literal masterpeeece
Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7: +1 liked dis a lot the first time still do
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 0 I think I appreciated this the second time around a bit more

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
The Sun Rises - Okami 0 idr what i said about this one before but it's very pretty and uplifting!! makes me wanna run in the sun. but as far as my personal interest in it goes, i'd put it smack in the middle.
Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta -3 gr00vy but just doesn't hold my interest. feel the least into this one of all this round
A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2 +3 just kinda a masterpiece what can i say. every piece is beautifully crafted
Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7 -1 i find this quite imteresting. i respect it even if i'm not personally crazy about it.
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot +1 so incredibly chill and beautiful... just feel it in my bones man. putting it above okami is just going off my gut.

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
The Sun Rises - Okami: +3
Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta: -3
A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2: 0
Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7: -1
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: +1

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Can anybody vote, or only those who submitted songs?

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
The Sun Rises - Okami 0 / idk, something about it makes me feel awesome tbh. It just doesn't properly cut it with the other choices here.
Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta -3 / Nothing in the song really caught my attention
A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2 +3 / I feel sad and happy at the same time and I don't know why...
Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7 -1 / It was cool, but again, nothing caught my attention.
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot +1 / ...I feel... like I want to just sit here and listen to it for ages.... this is rare o_o