The 100 Video Game Song Showdown V3 - SEMI FINALS ROUND 4 (ANYONE CAN VOTE)

icelandic

Adept Trainer
The Sun Rises -1. Uplifting with nice melody and eastern-style instrumentation, but sounds a little cluttered if that makes sense? I think it's a good composition but would benefit from a new recording or remastering.

Let's Dance Boys +1. A banging beat and a sax, what more do you want? It's nothing super-fancy or "epic" but it's a really good groove.

A Scattered Moment +3. It builds and builds and there's real emotion there. A feeling that I'm going forward to the future, but there's loss and grief in my past. A victory, but not without suffering. If I'd played the game, I expect this is a piece that would tear me up every time I heard it. Even though I haven't, it's still great.

Devil's Pit - Round 1 -3. I can't really place why, but this one just doesn't get me going as it were. The previous song was full of emotion, this one is superficially similar but seems to have none.

Eleventh Hour 0. The instrumentation and slow tempo really give this that feeling that you're coming towards the end of something great. The piece doesn't change much though, it does a great job of setting an atmosphere but I prefer stuff with a little more progression as it were.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
The Sun Rises - Okami -3
Let's Dance Boys - Bayonetta +3
A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami 2 -1
Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7 0
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot +1

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
The Sun Rises - Okami: 7/10. Very nice, soothing and relaxing but repetitive to the point of becoming monotonous towards the end.

Bayonetta - Let's Dance Boys: 6/10. Bouncy, but I didn't really connect with it.

A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami: 8.8/10. Sweet, soft and melodious beginning. I connected with it. The middle was energetic but I didn't really feel anything. The end was soothing and made me think of rain or snow falling gently.

Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7: 6.8. Hm I really liked the soft piano parts but was thrown off by other parts and didn't really liked them. Above avarage.

Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: 7.8 Consistently smooth and soothing. Nice ending.

The Sun Rises - Okami: 0
Bayonetta - Let's Dance Boys: -3
A Scattered Moment - Yakuza Kiwami: +3
Devil's Pit ~ Round 1 - Tekken 7: -1
Eleventh Hour - Oneshot: +1

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey (+1)
Maya's Theme - Persona 2 (0)
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends (-3)
Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata (+3)
Megalovania - Undertale (-1)

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey (0)
Maya's Theme - Persona 2 (+1)
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends (-3)
Megalovania - Undertale (-1)

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) -3 . It's pretty, but a bit boring. I guess if I had children it'd make a nice lullaby.
Maya's Theme +3 . OK, I was not expecting that drop! Straight into a great prog rock instrumental, love it, catchy guitar riffs and the piano and other instruments with melodies on top.
Xayah and Rakan 0 . Nicely instrumented with the bells opening and the general folksy style. The melody and harmony create interest through the piece.
Kainé [Salvation] -1 . It's a lovely ballad, just voice and piano, but lovely ballads aren't really my thing. This is the kind of song I can imagine winning Eurovision, but not the song I would vote for.
Megalovania +1 . Needs no introduction surely? Great chiptune-ish instrumentation, great upbeat tempo, great melody and counterpoint (at least I think it's counterpoint LOL).

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey: -1
Maya's Theme - Persona 2: +1
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends: -3
Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata: 0
Megalovania - Undertale: +3

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey: -3 - it was pleasant and if this were a normal round it would do well with me. but because it's up against some really good competition.... it's quite a bit shy of a +3. In fact, because the other songs were so good, this is a -3!!!
Maya's Theme - Persona 2 +1 - okay this is GOOD. I love how it lulled me in with that opening and then went pretty hard. Right up my alley.
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends 0 - Overall, a good listen. I feel like some of the vocals drowned a bit too much for me, but the instrumentation was spot on.
Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata -1 - On a second listen I think my original 7 was a bit harsh, but only a bit. There wasn't really enough going on for me, but it was a pretty tune nonetheless.
Megalovania - Undertale +3 - i'm sorry. i do feel a little bad about giving this a +3... but it's kinda deeply drilled into my SOUL haha.

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Maya's Theme - Persona 2: -3
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends: +1
Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata: +3
Megalovania - Undertale: +0

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey -1
Maya's Theme - Persona 2 +3
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends -3
Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata +1
Megalovania - Undertale 0

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey: -3
Maya's Theme - Persona 2: +3
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends: 0
Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata: -1
Megalovania - Undertale: +1

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey (+1)
Maya's Theme - Persona 2 (-3) Still unsure of whether this was eligible to begin with
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends (-1)
Megalovania - Undertale (0) It does its job fine.

EDIT:

Megalovania +1 . Needs no introduction surely? Great chiptune-ish instrumentation, great upbeat tempo, great melody and counterpoint (at least I think it's counterpoint LOL).
It's not - you need more than one independent voice (melody and/or harmony for counterpoint and I can't see a point in the piece where that happens

Last edited:

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey: -3 definitely the slowest song here and everything after it just so clearly superior
Maya's Theme - Persona 2: 0 A very cool jam but sadly has to compete with the most beautiful song in gaming and sans undertale
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends: -1 It wasn't bad at all but the next 3 songs are clearly superior
Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata: +3 yes YES
Megalovania - Undertale: +1 this **** will never get old

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey -1 i'll be honest i don't even remember rating this one before. it's cute and relaxing but not a lot going on with it. it's like it's trying to be dire dire docks but is just way more forgettable.

Maya's Theme - Persona 2 -3 still not feelin this track. sounds awk overall to me

Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends 0 it very pretty!

Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata +3 still madly in love with this track. i want it played at my wedding

Megalovania - Undertale +1 just love the way this track is composed. it is iconic

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Lake Lamode 1 (Lake Kingdom) - Super Mario Odyssey 0 / Its nice and relaxing... Just not better then the other 2 songs
Maya's Theme - Persona 2 -3 / Something doesn't fit with me in this song, and I can't pin point it...
Xayah and Rakan - League of Legends -1/ Okay, I like the song, just isn't really my thing.
Kaine Salvation - Nier Automata +1 / Well... this is pretty... I love it!
Megalovania - Undertale +3 / I like this song because it reminds me of getting destroyed, and considering where this song plays in the game.... it fits.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Maya's Theme - Persona 2: 0