The Anime Club V.2 ♦ For The Marriland Anime Lovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
welcome to the club you guys!!

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Thank You!!!

@sin: rip fire mountain my guy

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
RIP Fire Mountain. We hardly knew ye.

I can't find the new episode of Bloom Into You subbed even though I know it aired. So much for being caught up on seasonal shows.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Hey, is anyone from the older anime club here? The one where I was a co-founder? Guess it doesn't matter but I'm curious.

Username: Wren
Nickname: Wren
Favorite Character?: Katsuki Bakugo from My Hero Academia
Favorite Anime Series/Movie?: At the moment it's My Hero Academia
Other: Clannad is the most confusing anime I ever attempted to watch...

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I posted in the old thread a bit.

While I'm on holidays I should start watching and finishing all those anime shows I wanna watch.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
So, on Saturday there was a marathon for season 3 of Attack on Titan on Toonami. After watching it, I noticed something and now I have a theory:

The memory erase power supposedly doesn't work on certain families like the Ackermanns, which is why those families became nobles, yet Frieda was able to use it on Historia. Historia does have the memory erase power so we know she's of royal blood, which means members of the Reiss family aren't completely immune?

As I understand, it isn't just memory erasing, it's memory manipulation. The Reiss family can choose to make someone remember or forget select memories.

Since the Reiss family is descended from the king, doesn't that mean the king may also not be immune to the memory power? Hypothetically, Historia could have eaten Eren and inherited the original king, then Rod Reiss could have used the memory power on Historia to make her forget the king's ideology but still keep the titan controlling powers.

My theory is that this is true, Eren and Mikasa will realize this, and this has something to do with that cryptic ending at the end of episode 12.

Last edited:

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I hadn't really thought about that. I mostly just watch AoT for the sake of watching it at this point, increase my view count, so theory-crafting and the like aren't normally my kind of thing.

In other news, I'm 15 episodes into Death Note, and it's definitely an interesting watch. I've heard things start to tank in the second half, but for now, it's great.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
So I started watching JoJo part 5. It's really good, love the character designs. The dude in white has a nice design and is probably going to my favourite character from this part.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I have a ton of anime (235) on my plan to watch list and I’m noticing a lot of these shows don’t appeal to me. Maybe I should just watch one or two episodes of each show and decide whether or not to keep going. With so many shows, wasting time on stuff I don’t enjoy is just a bad idea.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I've never really had the problem with shows not appealing to me if they've been on my plan to watch list and aren't just new seasonal shows.

I might think some are overrated or underrated, but that's the most that happens typically. I enjoy 90% of the anime that I watch, give or take.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
i'm very picky about anime so i watch what i'm actually interested in

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
See, that's the thing. I can't be picky, because there's nothing in anime that I'm not interested in. They could make a series all about people who do taxes, and I'd probably watch the heck out of it just to see if there's any entertainment value. Anime usually manages to make odd things fun or interesting, and that's why it's hard for me to pick less than 30 new shows to watch each season (even though I really should watch a lot less).
I think there's a TV Trope thing "Better Than It Sounds" or whatever that has a bunch of interesting anime on it. I definitely plan to check out [C] - CONTROL - The Money of Soul and Possibility sometime.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
well myself i'm not that type of person who would watch an anime about taxes and money

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Hm. What aspects do you like about your favorite anime or the one you're currently watching?

I personally really enjoy the character development on Naruto. I enjoy the different backstories and how they grow throughout their experience.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
I watch a lot of anime based on the fact that I love the opening theme songs, and I usually manage to find ones that I enjoy by doing that.
Sunday Without God, Hamatora, Rainbow, and Evangelion are all anime that I started based mostly on the fact that I like the openings, and I enjoyed all of them.

The thing I like most about my number 1 favorite series, Mondaiji (besides the theme songs) is the research that went into all of the figures in it. The anime is only 10 episodes, but the light novel has a ton of other mythical, "historical", and fantasy-based characters. Even one of the main characters, Black Rabbit, is based on a legend. And I'm a sucker for mythology/legends (which is probably why I also love the Fate series).

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
They could make a series all about people who do taxes, and I'd probably watch the heck out of it just to see if there's any entertainment value.
Dude that's a great idea. There could be a shounen anime with all of the usual shounen anime tropes, but it's also a daily life story about a guy transitioning into adulthood. Like for example, there's usually some big showdown in shounen anime, so the showdown here could be competing for a specific job with other job applicants. When the protagonist is defeated and realizes he can't win against other candidates with better resumes, he undergoes "special training", which is just going to community college to take some relevant courses.
Hm. What aspects do you like about your favorite anime or the one you're currently watching?
My Hero Academia really makes the viewer feel like a kid again. I can't tell you how many times I've rewatched the battle between All Might and Noumu.

And speaking of My Hero Academia:
Knowing what we now know, do you think Shigaraki is redeemable?

Shigaraki has certainly evolved as a villain, but I think his ideology is still very much like a child's. His backstory suggests that most of his villainy was due to manipulation by All For One. Even though he discovered his own conviction at the end of season 2, I still feel like Shigaraki is very much like an extension of All For One.

However, the same could also be said for Deku. I noticed flaws early on in the series with how Deku seems to focus too much on trying to become like All Might. I thought it was great that he had a dream and was determined, but sometimes it's almost like his determination comes at a fault. He overused his quirk during his battle with Todoroki, he almost messed up his training for the UA entrance exam by overworking his body, and it seems like the show actually acknowledges this which I really like. Deku's mother was rightfully worried all those times he put himself in danger, and Gran Torino made a comment that his idolization of All Might was a shackle. All Might even admitted that he might be projecting himself onto Deku.

I believe Deku and Shigaraki are parallel to each other. They both have a mentor helping them realize their dreams, but they are both still very childish in how they see those dreams. I think the latter might become a relevant point in the future, but I really can't predict what will happen, mainly because there hasn't been an established relationship between Deku and Shigaraki yet. Shigaraki doesn't necessarily hate Deku; he hates All Might and sees Deku as more of an annoyance. Likewise, Deku doesn't really have any reason to hate Shigaraki any more than any other villain. All this time, they were both just extensions of their mentors, but now that both All Might and All For One are out of commission, really anything could happen now.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
That'd probably be one of the best Shounen anime in history. And it'd probably get like a 6.59 on MAL because of that.
Obviously it wouldn't be the best, because stuff like FMAB, JoJo, and HxH 2011 exists.

In other news, I have plans on making a Sporcle quiz featuring all of the anime that I've finished this year, give or take certain titles. If anyone wants to play it, I can link it when I release it in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.