The Anime Club V.2 ♦ For The Marriland Anime Lovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
Username: Rex
Nickname: Rex
Favorite Character?: Megumin
Favorite Anime Series/Movie?: Konosuba
Other: Clannad is a great show. I actually read the visual novel before watching the anime.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
you've been added rex! welcome to the club!!

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
Thank you. Glad to be here. I'm currently watching Zombieland Saga, That Time I Was Reincarnated As a Slime, and Goblin Slayer. I need to catch up with Jojo part 5, but I've read the manga so I'm not worried about getting spoiled.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Welcome to the club!

Yeah, those are some good choices for anime this season. Zombieland Saga is just fun to watch in general. Tensura is definitely in my top 5 Isekai anime at this point, replacing Overlord's spot. Goblin Slayer is tense, and even if it's not Berserk, it's still pretty good.
And obviously I like JoJo. I mean, look at my avatar and username.

kansas

Copy that, Copycat!
AKA
Nusha
hi

Username: kansas
Nickname: Nusha
Favorite Character?: Koko Hekmatyar
Favorite Anime Series/Movie?: Jormungand
Other: Clannad.

Last edited:

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
welcome to the club!

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
Username: PerfectWorld
Nickname: Anne
Favorite Character?: Shinji Ikari
Favorite Anime Series/Movie?: Cowboy Bebop
Other: Clannad

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Just finished Higurashi. As a horror anime it was pretty underwhelming, but as a thriller it was great. The show kept me asking questions until the end.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Most anime that are classified as horror just don't do it as a horror series for me.
Ajin was fun, but I wasn't really scared at any point. Another was just cheesy with its execution. The Lost Village (Mayoiga) was a comedy, if anything. Even Ghost Hunt wasn't so much scary as it was intriguing for me.

Maybe I should just watch Elfen Lied sometime and shut myself up (possibly), but who knows how the animation will look since it's been, what, 14 years since it aired?

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
The first trailer for the new Fruits Basket anime dropped. It was short, but gosh it got me right in the feels. I'll admit I got a little misty eyed.

The manga is one of my favorites, and while the original adaptation was cute, it didn't adapt the whole story. I'm so very excited for this new anime.:happyazurill:

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I'm almost done with March Comes in Like a Lion, and I'm extremely sad thinking that. This anime is phenomenal. It's one of the best interpretations of being a kid I've ever seen. There's a whole sub plot near the end that deals with bullying, and it handles it so damn well. It handles every aspect well, even delving into the difficulties of being a teacher and dealing with an asshole parent who sees her bullying child as innocent.
I love this anime. It's easily in my top 10 now.

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
The first trailer for the new Fruits Basket anime dropped. It was short, but gosh it got me right in the feels. I'll admit I got a little misty eyed.

The manga is one of my favorites, and while the original adaptation was cute, it didn't adapt the whole story. I'm so very excited for this new anime.:happyazurill:
I'm also very excited for it! It seems like the new cast is promising, although I wonder about Nobunaga Shimazaki playing Yuki.

I'm almost done with March Comes in Like a Lion, and I'm extremely sad thinking that. This anime is phenomenal. It's one of the best interpretations of being a kid I've ever seen. There's a whole sub plot near the end that deals with bullying, and it handles it so damn well. It handles every aspect well, even delving into the difficulties of being a teacher and dealing with an asshole parent who sees her bullying child as innocent.
I love this anime. It's easily in my top 10 now.
March Comes in Like a Lion is so good! Yeah, the bullying arc was one of my absolute favorites and it hit me so hard, as if I was one of the people involved. I love the show so much, and Rei is one of my favorite anime protagonists of all time.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Gaara's backstory is sad... I'm at the part where he and Naruto battle but ... :(
Haven't heard of those other animes so can't really comment much. But welcome to everyone who joined ^^

also, finished watching the first episode of jojo. Weird anime. Don't know if I'll continue watching, but I tried

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Just finished watching both seasons of Anime de Training. It was bad. Paper thin characters, sup par animation, and just generally boring to watch. I get it’s a series of shorts designed to encourage exercise, but did they have to make it so dull? I felt like my mind was going numb.

Now I’m catching up on My Team Romantic Comedy Snafu. I dropped it a while ago and now I’m willing to give it a second shot.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I started watching Higurashi: When They Cry with a friend, and all I can say is
It's a great anime so far, but it is NOT for the faint of heart. If you don't like gore, stay far far away.
This is probably the tamest I feel comfortable showing. And, again, this is tame compared to what this show can do. BE WARNED, young padawans

@Neb: I liked My Teenage Romance Comedy Snafu, but...it's not that great. The characters are bland and generic, and I don't much like the ending.
The only character of not is Saika, because he is a cute trap, and he is used often and well.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Just finished Higurashi. As a horror anime it was pretty underwhelming, but as a thriller it was great. The show kept me asking questions until the end.
I started watching Higurashi: When They Cry with a friend, and all I can say is
It's a great anime so far, but it is NOT for the faint of heart. If you don't like gore, stay far far away.
This is probably the tamest I feel comfortable showing. And, again, this is tame compared to what this show can do. BE WARNED, young padawans

@Neb: I liked My Teenage Romance Comedy Snafu, but...it's not that great. The characters are bland and generic, and I don't much like the ending.
The only character of not is Saika, because he is a cute trap, and he is used often and well.
Wow, I didn't think people knew about Higurashi anymore. How are you guys liking it?

SiNofTheAbyss

Anime Cthulhu
AKA
SiN, Mal, Shiny
Time Zone
EST
IGN
Sin (US)
Meanwhile, I actually loved OreGairu/SNAFU. Probably because as a pessimistic social outcast, I can kinda relate to Hachiman. Also Yukino was a character to my liking as well.

It's in my top 100, or at least season 1 is. Season 2 (Zoku) was okay, but at least the OP was good. It's lower on the list because of Zoku, actually.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
I'd love to join! Venting out some anime opinions might be therapeutic

Username: Moxie
Nickname: Moxie/Daam
Favorite Character?: Leonardo Watch
Favorite Anime Series/Movie?: Monogatari Series: Season 2
Other: Clannad was something I put off for wayyyy too long

Status