AKA
Blu
Time Zone
US MST / GMT -7
3DS FC
4742-6374-6875
IGN
Blucario
@Deva Wow, that really is some good breedjects from WT! Seeing your collection makes me wanna go WT my breedjects haha. I'm guessing that all of them had some egg moves?

@Fafrir Oh wow, Power Up Punch too? Jeez, Scrafty just doesn't have enough egg moves haha. Did you put any other egg moves on the Scrafty? I'd imagine it having Fake Out since it's too good to pass up in Doubles.

@AuburnEnigma Ahhh, congrats on those shinies! I love Snivy and it being shiny makes it pretty awesome, lol. Hope that you get your next shiny starter soon haha.

@CombatKing0 Oh wow, you're almost done with your breeding quest already? That's super awesome! That breeding buffer method that you have going on really is making that quest super short it seems, lol. And you're almost done with your book too? Gosh, who knows, maybe you'll finish both at the same time? haha

@Arceus Well, I hope that the breedject :dreamball: :kabuto: gets you that 5iv one soon! Maybe you'll get a shiny out of it too haha. Unfortunately, it's not a foreign mon. I do agree with you that a lot of Rock type mons aren't that interesting. Most remind me of ancient rocks or dirt, lol. I like the ones that are more dragon/animal-like such as Lycanroc.

As for my own breeding projects, I've taken a break from breeding in my Ultra Sun to SR some shiny Ultra Wormhole legendaries. I've encountered shiny Articuno, but it had a Careful nature, so I just SR and gave up on Articuno, lol. I'm currently SRing for a Modest shiny Xerneas. I might attempt to breed in my brother's UM game, since he has the 0 Speed Ditto in it.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
@Blucario Took around 30-40 Pokemon on the Global Trade System. Considers it a solid return (though slower), relative to Wonder Trade. Tended to have decent Individual Values and natures. Varied on egg moves, from four on Fennekin to none on Wooper and Swablu. Bypassed breeding Fennekin entirely. Beats the other way around, given starter gender ratios.

Managed some good breeding luck just now. Paired Treecko with Chikorita for the last two egg moves. Planned to accept the best Treecko with Unburden and four perfect Individual Values. (Parents: Five and four perfect.) Grabbed eleven eggs. Sent six to the Hot Springs. Kept five to hatch immediately. Checked midway. Third Treecko: Unburden, four perfect, and two fantastics. Done deal...until the fifth Treecko: Unburden and all six perfect. Wonders about a second upstaging from a Hot Springs egg now.

Edit: No such luck. Oh well. Feels pleased regardless.

Last edited:

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Thanks for the congrats re the shinies - I honestly don't expect them with breeding so to have 4 in the space of 2 weeks (and 2 in one day) , let alone them being starters - *mind = blown*

Now I've said this I'm probably not going to have any more :p but hey, at least I got a Grass (well, 2), a Fire, and a Water starter to shine!

I believe Lure Torchic is next in the queue. I seem to find that it's the Gen 4 starters that I don't have too many of, and Gen 4 in general is quite lacking on my sheet in terms of what I have, so maybe I should prioritise those mons more......

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
I had a long period of awful luck on both projetcs, until I got really lucky from nowhere. No shinies unfortunately, but both ideal Omanyte and Kabuto ended up female, which is pretty rare, and should make future breeding easier. For these two, I ended up using geologic time for my nicknames names. For Aerodactyl, I used a type of rock, Gabbro, but whatever. It doesn't need to match perfectly. For Omanyte, I chose Ordivician, and for Kabuto I chose Silurian. The actual breeding was kind awful. I got like 4 ideal 5IV Omanyte and 2 6IV before getting one with 5IV and a hidden ability. Kabuto was SLIGHTLY shorter. It didn't produce as many standard ability ideals as Omanyte.

@Blucario : Props on such and ambitious SR project! I wasn't gutsy enough to go all the way to shinies, but as someone who SRd for ideal BB, I feel the pain. Some of my catches took like Days to complete.

u g h I have so much wonder trade to do (finally down to like only 2 free boxes on UM) , but my room has sucky wifi. I could always go do it in the hall or the dorm parlor, but it's just not the same.

CombatKing0

New Trainer
Well, my book isn't quite close to being finished - I've been working on the plot for about a year and a half, but for all that time I wasn't sure how to end the story. But I'm getting some ideas for an earth-shattering reveal.

I'll have to put some details together for my Buffered Breeding method. I don't have a capture card, but I could draw some diagrams. Essentially it comes down to having 18 eggs in the hot springs in Poke Pelago and 18 ready to swap them out with in the PC.

On the subject of wonder trading, does anyone do it for Festival Coins? I've found Sun and Moon typically give 2FC per WT, while Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon usually give 6FC per WT.
But I've discovered that getting 6 Tents in my Festival Plaza is useful, because if you pay the 10FC per tent, they can sometimes enable a multiplier for the WT Festival Coin rewards. In Ultra Moon, I've gotten this to go as high as 72FC per WT because the multipliers can stack!
I keep one space in my Plaza for a 5 star Rare Kitchen, which once a day can be used to raise any Pokemon up to Level 89 by 9 Levels for only 300FC - really useful for levelling up, especially for those that need huge amounts of EXP to reach Level 100.
Once I've gotten a Pokemon to L98 in Festival Plaza, I battle it up to L99 and finish it off with a Rare Candy - thankfully there's a regenerating one off the coast of Hau'oli City Beachfront which tends to regenerate every 2 days or so.

Last edited:

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
@CombatKing0 No. Preferred the Battle Agency in Ultra. Awards 200 Festival Coins for three wins initially. Increases by 15 for each grade. Totals 3025 upon beating Grade 10. Multiply that by four for the tent bonus. (Became difficult at higher ranks. Found few passersby with decent levels. Earned a fortune by then, however.)

Discovered two things today.

1. Acquires different egg moves on the Nidorans.

Female only: Charm, Focus Energy, Pursuit, and Skull Bash.
Male only: Amnesia, Confusion, Sucker Punch, and Head Smash.
Shared: Beat Up, Chip Away, Counter, Disable, Endure, Iron Tail, Poison Tail, Supersonic, Take Down, and Venom Drench.

2. Passes on Rockruff's Own Tempo 100% of the time. Results in those eggs being untradable to Sun/Moon. (Knew about Own Tempo Rockruff and Sun/Moon. Tested the eggs before learning about the 100% rate.)

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
I never figured out the festival plaza. It always seemed like too much thought. My usual go to for EXP grinding is just chansey chaining and pokepelago. On the latter, I'm running so much of a bean surplus, I can never seem to actually spend enough such that I end up with less than max capacity. The generation rate so far exceeds my expenditures. I guess those are much slower methods, but they work for people like me who are unhealthily patient and also hapless with the online systems.

The fossil projects more or less expended my last 3 or so boxes, so I've been training instead. Right now, I'm Chansey chaining Lavender the :beastball: :alolanmarowak: , Soup the :beastball: :alakazam: , Cheshire the :dreamball: :gengar: , Ordovician the :dreamball: :omastar: , and Silurian the :dreamball: :kabutops: . They constitute really my last 5 projects besides HA Fake Out :litten: .

Blucario

ブルー • プリンセス
AKA
Blu
Time Zone
US MST / GMT -7
3DS FC
4742-6374-6875
IGN
Blucario
@Arceus I too got some crappy luck for shinies, lol. I've been SRing the darn Xerneas :xerneas: for a week now, and I still have yet to encounter a shiny one. My brother's PC boxes in his UM game are so disorganized that I don't even know what mons are breedable material haha. So, I've been catching the rest of the legendaries in his game while SRing Xerneas in my Ultra Sun game.

@CombatKing0 : I haven't WT'd in so long, but I might do that later tonight when I get home from work. I tend to get better stuff from there late at night thanks to the Japanese players hehe. I'm also like @Deva in that I prefer the Battle Agency to get lots of Festival Coins and Rare Candies. I think that I managed to get around 100 Rare Candies from grinding in the Agency iirc. I definitely recommend going through the Agency. Plus, I'm at Grade 50, so if you need a high level partner, I can help you with that. :)

In terms of breeding, I might just breed :luxuryball: :foongus: for VGC 19 Moon series. My brother's UM game has tons of Amoongus due to his obsession with Trick Room teams, lol.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Stumbled across an odd breeding interaction.

Stantler's default moves at level 1: Me First and Tackle.
Stantler's egg moves: Me First, Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt, and Double Kick (plus other irrelevant ones).

Step 1: Stantler (Me First, Tackle, and Zen Headbutt) + Nidoking (Double Kick, Megahorn, Poison Tail, and Thrash).
Resulted in Stantler with Megahorn, Thrash, Me First, and Zen Headbutt. (Meant to put Double Kick on. Missed Me First being an egg move. Read about it. Seemed fun. Kept it.)

Step 2: Stantler (Megahorn, Thrash, Me First, and Zen Headbutt) + Buneary (Pound, Foresight, Fake Out, and Ice Punch). Wanted better Individual Values.
Resulted in Stantler with Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash, and Zen Headbutt.

Assumed a simple mistake somewhere. Retaught Me First over Tackle. Tried again. Came back with Tackle again.

Solved it by reordering moves. Placed Me First on the bottom. Worked correctly then.

PokeCraftier

Breeders Club Member
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
3DS FC
1590-6093-3061
IGN
Chad
Username PokeCraftier
Favorite Pokémon: Toxicroak along with 75% of the other Pokemon in Smogon RU Tier
Most memorable bred Pokémon: My first Competitive Charmander

Current Breeding Project: Breeding Egg Moves onto different colors of Flabebe
Worst Breeding experience: Hidden Power Fire Snivy
What type of Breeding do you Specialize in? Dream Balls, IVs, EVs, Egg Moves, Hidden Abilities
Want Access to the Club Discord Server?: Not right now
Extra: Everstone x Destiny Knot OTP

Hello, anyone still remember me? Have room for a old member whose activity fluctuates more than the stock market?
I was just coming back to check and see how everyone has been doing only to find Azurilland had closed! I thought I would never be able to chat with any of you again (not that I've been doing that lately) and got pretty sad before I saw the new site and that the Breeder's Club still existed! I have just been doing what I always do when I disappear, going through college. I've been hoping to maybe start breeding again sometime soon although my motivation has just been shot lately. That will likely be changed when either the next gen or a 4th gen remake is announced for the Switch. I have been leveling up and EV training all of the legendary Pokemon that I have obtained from this years events though! How has everyone else been doing?

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Waves. Joined the community after the move. Cannot remember you, for obvious reasons. Fares well enough.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
PokeCraftier's back!!! Welcome! And man, do I feel not having time for breeding. Finals season especially is just Like That.

Blucario

ブルー • プリンセス
AKA
Blu
Time Zone
US MST / GMT -7
3DS FC
4742-6374-6875
IGN
Blucario
@Deva : Wait, Me First is an egg move for Stantler, yet it learns it at Lv. 1...but it might not pass down that move even if it's both an egg move and a level up move, unless it's at the bottom slot. That's very interesting and strange at the same time! I wonder why reordering moves resolves that issue.

@PokeCraftier : Heyyy, welcome back! Of course, I still remember you! It took me a while to actually get the club thread created due to weird account qualifications and what not, but a mod was able to clarify some rules, which allowed me to create the club despite my low post count on here, lol. I too have been EV training and leveling up some of the event legendaries, while also SRing for shiny Ultra Wormhole legendaries and breeding stuff when I give up on SRing those legendaries haha. But otherwise, I'm doing well! :) Oh yeah, I've also added you to the members list, so feel free to continue posting on here.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
@Blucario Hm. Worked immediately upon trying to reorder moves. Bred some now to test. Used a Ditto. Placed Me First in each of the parent’s four slots.

Slot 1: Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt
Slot 2: Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt
Slot 3: Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt
Slot 4: Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt, Me First

Might know. Will break it down.

Parent: Slot 3 Stantler. Move order: Megahorn, Thrash, Me First, Zen Headbutt. Begin with default moves. Add egg moves one-by-one.

(Start)
Me First, Tackle
Me First, Tackle, Megahorn
Me First, Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash
Me First, Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash (No change, due to Me First already being present)
Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt
(End)

Now try Slot 4 Stantler. Move order: Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt, Me First.

(Start)
Me First, Tackle
Me First, Tackle, Megahorn
Me First, Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash
Tackle, Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt
Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt, Me First
(End)

Last edited:

PokeCraftier

Breeders Club Member
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
3DS FC
1590-6093-3061
IGN
Chad
Thank you all! Nice to see that some of you old timers are still here and it's always nice to see some new members join up as well! I'll try my best to post my activities and chat every once and awhile and perhaps give out some breedjects here and there! I'm currently just moving egg moves around and training event Pokemon as I mentioned before.

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
(I'm so bad at replying)
My Scrafty does have Fake Out and the other egg moves are Drain Punch and Ice Punch.

For WT, I sometimes get good stuff but it's no big deal if I get fodder because I can clear box space.

CombatKing0

New Trainer
I've not had much time to update since I started a new job and I spend an extra 2 hours travelling each day, but I'm now down to just HA Adamant Eevee, so it's now filling all 18 spaces in each of the 2 buffers.
Can't be much longer, but I only need one more to complete the set (and the back-ups).

Blucario

ブルー • プリンセス
AKA
Blu
Time Zone
US MST / GMT -7
3DS FC
4742-6374-6875
IGN
Blucario
@Deva : Jeez, that's so strange. When using the slot 4 Stantler, I'm curious as to why the 4th offspring didn't inherit Me First. It looks like it got overwritten by either Tackle or Zen Headbutt. Have you encountered this weird egg move inheritance phenomenon with any other Pokemon species?

@PokeCraftier : Hey, no worries! Due to the slow inactivity of the new forums, I won't be conducting member sweeps for a while haha. Do keep us posted for whenever you have breedjects to give away! :)

@Fafrir : No worries! Those are some good egg moves! And they're pretty much the egg moves for Scraggy/Scrafty, lol.

@CombatKing0 : Ah, gotta love new journeys in life haha. I hope that you like your new job! I'm assuming that the HA Adamant Eevee is for a Flareon moveset?

In my Ultra Sun game, I've breed Fast Ball Orange HA Flabebe, Love Ball Oranguru, and Luxury Ball Honedge. I've already got TSV'd shinies of the Flabebe and Oranguru, and found a matching person on reddit for the Luxury Ball Honedge. I'll probably get the TSV'd shiny Honedge after Christmas. In my brother's UM game, I didn't realize that he only had one Amoonguss and it was locked thanks to it being used in the online competition. Couldn't breed with it until after I unlock the battle team, lol.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
@Blucario Apologies. May have written that poorly. Wrote some of that while figuring it out. Learned Me First properly with Slot 4 Stantler (Megahorn, Thrash, Zen Headbutt, Me First). Failed with Me First in any other position. Involves shoving "Default Me First" out before the check to add "Egg Move Me First". Remains at its default position otherwise (the top of the list, before Tackle).

Cannot produce any other good instances. Occurs with Tyrogue, though. Learns Helping Hand by default and as an egg move.

Default Tyrogue moveset: Tackle, Helping Hand, Fake Out, Foresight

Hitmonchan (Helping Hand, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave) + Ditto
Offspring: Foresight, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave

Hitmonchan (Mach Punch, Helping Hand, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave) + Ditto
Offspring: Foresight, Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave

Hitmonchan (Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Helping Hand, Vacuum Wave) + Ditto
Offspring: Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Helping Hand, Vacuum Wave

Hitmonchan (Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave, Helping Hand) + Ditto
Offspring: Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, Vacuum Wave, Helping Hand

(Did not actually breed these. Used the same theory as before.)

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
I'm on limited space for boxes pretty universally, but I'm still going back to HGSS to get myself a :heavyball: :machop: . I've been huge into the Gen1 trade evolution lines these days, and I've never done a Machop project. Since I'm taking all the time to go back to gen 4 anyway, I'm bringing back a set of 6. I have :heavyball: :graveler: :onix: :ursaring: and I thought I might snag :rhyhorn: and :lickitung: , but the last 2 took ages though, so I switched gears to :levelball: :geodude: and :levelball: :chingling:. Machop is going to be :heavyball: Guts with Ice Punch/ Close Combat/ Bullet Punch/ Quick Guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.