AKA
Bryan
Time Zone
Central
3DS FC
4485-3166-8495
IGN
BizzK18
@Arceus Unfortunately I started the project on Moon, pre-Dusk Lycanroc, so I am going for Midnight Form. It has it's egg moves, I am breeding with a Perfect IV and it's in a Beast Ball like I wanted.

That begs the question, does anyone have a Dusk Lycanroc I can have on UM? (Can it be in any other ball?)

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
@BizzK18 Owns an Own Tempo Rockruff necessary for Dusk form. Could trade one over. Changes balls like any other Pokémon.

Last edited:

BizzK18

I may be old, but I love Pokemon!
AKA
Bryan
Time Zone
Central
3DS FC
4485-3166-8495
IGN
BizzK18
@Deva So in theory I could breed it with the one I have from regular moon until I get a perfect IV and then breed it with my destiny knot ditto to get my shiny :)

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Locks in a Pokemon's nature, Indiviudal Values, and ability upon receiving the egg from the Daycare, correct? Never fiddled with accepting an egg, saving, hatching it, and resetting. Read about it, though (both now and a while ago). (Could test it personally by hatching the same set again. Prefers the sanity check. Refers to Sun/Moon, also.)

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
And the shiny starter luck continues - I now have a 2nd shiny Snivy, but this time in a Beast Ball (first was in a Lure Ball). HA and imperfect 5IV so not too shabby!

So far I have shiny (and this is in the space of about a month):

1. 6IV non-HA Jolly Oshawott (Moon Ball)
2. 4IV HA Timid Cyndaquil (Friend Ball)
3. Timid Snivy (Lure Ball)
4. Chikorita (Beast Ball)
5. Timid Snivy (Beast Ball)

The Chikorita and first Snivy I think were imperfect 5IV (I've put them in Bank so can't recall immediately) - seems to be the grass-types that I'm having a good streak with, and even Cyndaquil was in a green Ball.

CombatKing0

New Trainer
@CombatKing0 : Ah, gotta love new journeys in life haha. I hope that you like your new job! I'm assuming that the HA Adamant Eevee is for a Flareon moveset?
Close, I bred Brave Eevees for Flareons.
The Adamant Eevees were for my Leafeons, and I now have all of them.

I think I'll direct most of my free time to writing my book, but I'll stick around here and talk about breeding if I feel I can still contribute.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
@BizzK18 : I have a boatload of BB Own Tempo Rockruff breedjects in bank if you want one. Wondertrade won't let me trade them in case I connect with a regular SM game, so I have a whole bunch. And yeah, any old rockruff with a BB can pass down its ball to an own tempo rockruff. I thought going in it would be weird, but it's actually a super simple project. if I remember correctly, with the right setup the own tempo pass rate is actually 100%. There's no weird HA inheritance nonsense.

I finally finished up on my :heavyball: :macop: project which was pretty nice. I think I'll hit :levelball: :geodude: next to get my set of gen 1 trade evos.

Blucario

ブルー • プリンセス
AKA
Blu
Time Zone
US MST / GMT -7
3DS FC
4742-6374-6875
IGN
Blucario
I'll eventually ask for a :fastball: Own Tempo :rockruff: . I have some :moonball: and :luxuryball: :rockruff: so I'll be using a :moonball: parent for breeding for a shiny OT Rockruff.

I was about to start breeding the Bronzor in my brother's game, but then I realized that neither of them are of the Sassy nature. I also couldn't find a Ditto with a Sassy nature. It looks like I'll be relying on RNG to get me a Sassy one.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
I'm seriously starting to wonder whether my RNG shiny luck is just for starters - got a shiny Moon Ball Mudkip last night whilst I was trying to get a breedable perfect 5IV parent. It got HA, but only 4IV. Still, that makes it my 6th shiny starter in just over a month (all of these would have probably been gotten within 100 eggs too, maybe slightly more than that for the Cyndaquil but it wouldn't have been by much).

I also managed to get a TSV shiny hatched by a nice person on Reddit, so I now have a 6IV shiny Safari Cubone (HA and 4EM). I've got a few more coming my way in the next few days as well. Re-organised Bank and my PC boxes yesterday too so I'm all set up to breed like crazy once New Year is over with.

Blucario

ブルー • プリンセス
AKA
Blu
Time Zone
US MST / GMT -7
3DS FC
4742-6374-6875
IGN
Blucario
Yes, a shiny Mudkip :mudkip: ! Congrats on that shiny meme mon haha. xD Have you gotten any other shiny starters after the Mudkip? Also, I swear that we were in sync or something, since I too got a TSV hatched shiny from someone on reddit, and I was also reorganizing my PC boxes, lol.

I've finally finished breeding a :diveball: :bronzor: in my brothers UM game. Took a while to get a Sassy one, since I couldn't find a Sassy Ditto in any of my Gen 7 games. It took me a week to actually hatch a Sassy Bronzor and then a few hours to finally hatch a Sassy one with the IV spread of 31/31/31/x/31/0. I might breed :luxuryball: :foongus: in my brother's UM game after catching Lunala in a :moonball: . In my Ultra Sun game, I finally got a Timid shiny Tapu Lele without a 31IV in Atk. I'll be breeding :premierball: :togepi: with the EMs: Nasty Plot, Extrasensory, Stored Power, and Morning Sun. I'll have both the Foongus and Togepi TSV shiny hatched to add onto my list of matching ball mons as part of my breeding project.

Hope that everyone had a happy new year! ^_^

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
@Blucario Nope, no shiny starters since then. And hehe we must have been :D

Bred a couple of mons on my extra copy of White 2 to add to my Dex, I only need about 7 mons from Black 2 to be seen in that copy and then the Dex is complete and I can get that shiny Haxorus from the Nature Preserve. I've also just re-started OR, and I've been having some fun with the DexNav; I'll be sending the event shiny Beldum over to that game to use once I get access to the PSS, but otherwise I'm not going to be using my starter and going for a different team - Seedot is definitely on it at the moment, but I'm going to hold off on evolving it until it gets Synthesis and Sunny Day, then Leaf Blade as a Nuzleaf and then evolve to Shiftry. Everything else (aside from the Beldum) is either undecided or I might see if Wonder Trade still works and go with that maybe.

Got a few more lines of ApriBall Pokes completed - Alolan Sandshrew, Goomy and Torkoal; Druddigon is close too as is Mienfoo.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
@Blucario : :luxuryball: :foongus: is cool! That's the ball I'm going to use when I get around to Foongus. I think I actually got one of WT one time, one of the only good things I seem to ever get out of WT.

@AuburnEnigma : Nice shinies! Your luck has been crazy good! I think my last egg shiny was months ago and long enough ago that I don't remember which it was exactly.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I didn't breed directly because UMoon is tied up with a shiny Pheromosa SR, but I'm in the mood to play through USun again so I've been sprint catching the remaining BB legends off the copy. Yesterday I got Raikou, Regi Trio, and the legendary birds along with a shiny :luxuryball: :floatzel: and mystery gift resets of Jolly :zeraora: and Timid :latias: . For my replay of USun I think I'll do what I did with the first: get competitive bred pokemon to raise over the course of the adventure. I do that by making a team, breeding perfect eggs, resetting to trade the unhatched eggs to the new file, hatching them, EV training them, then going through the game normally. Especially with the EV train, everything is pretty easy, but it's a fun way of training up a team of pokemon. The full course of a pokemon game is worth a lot of EXP! Does anyone have suggestions of pokemon that were fun from their playthroughs of various games? I think I'll try to breed pokemon I haven't really used before. Last file my team was :pokeball: :primarina: (starter), :beastball: :lycanrocdusk: , :beastball: :garchomp: , :beastball: :chandelure: , :beastball: :clefable: and shiny :beastball: :hawlucha: . It was a fun team!

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Came across some interesting Pokemon while sticking egg moves on everything. Highlighted unusual moves or abilities, generally. May interest you.

- Togedemaru :togedemaru: (The only Sun/Moon first-hand recommendation. Resists a lot. Annoyed everything with Zing Zap, Nuzzle, and Spiky Shield. Shut down Tapu Koko as a bonus, thanks to Lightning Rod.)
- Morelull :morelull:/Oddish :oddish:/Bellsprout :bellsprout:/Hoppip :hoppip: (Strength Sap)
- Heatmor :heatmor: (Fire Lash. Not an egg move. Requires two Heatmor parents.)
- Anything capable of Z-Me First. Copies the opponent's move into a Z-move. Choose a fast Pokemon, of course.
- Turtonator :turtonator: (Shell Trap. Not an egg move either.)
- Piplup :piplup: (Power Trip + Defiant)
- Accelgor :accelgor: or Escavalier :escavalier:. How often do you see them?
- Zen Mode Darmanitan :darmanitanzen:. (Never acquired one. Cannot help with that.)
- Anything with Moody (Remoraid, Smeargle, Snorunt, and Bidoof).
- Swirlix :swirlix: (Belly Drum + Unburden)
- Tropius :tropius: (Dragon Dance + Leaf Blade + Dragon Hammer) or Barboach :barboach: (Dragon Dance + Spark). Smiles at these purely for surprise factor.

Last edited:

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
The team I used for my first Ultra Sun playthrough was a bit like that @Arceus , these were all initially bred on my Moon game at some stage, and had 4-5 IVs, a couple were perfect 5IV; I had HA Decidueye, HA Alolan Ninetales, Aftermath Garbodor, Water Bubble Araquanid, HA Rapidash and HA Stunfisk.

Garbodor I used as a set-up mon - it had Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Haze all the way through, it also initially had Poison Jab but I swapped it to Payback at the Pokémon League as a back-up for Accerola. It was surprisingly good actually, particularly early game and it usually took at least 2 hits to knock it out, so unless the opposing mon was faster and had a super-effective move, I could get at least one Spikes or Toxic Spikes set up. Normally I could get at least 2 or 3 turns out of it. I put my Amulet Coin on Garbodor as it was my first mon, and I believe I completed the Pokémon League with about £3.5m Poke.

Alolan Ninetales is also a fantastic set-up mon - particularly with its HA (Snow Warning) plus having Aurora Veil as a move. What this move does is it halves physical damage to your team for the next 5 turns (and can only be used in hail), so kind of like Furfrou's ability, but turn-limited. Freeze-Dry is a seriously good move that made it a back-up to Decidueye and Stunfisk. Moonblast was my Fairy-move of choice, and you could probably have another coverage move in your last slot, as Freeze-Dry is enough on its own for Ice coverage. I actually used my Alolan Ninetales for one of the online competitions (the Spooky Cup I think) and the Snow Warning + Aurora Veil combo is pretty effective. I chose Leftovers for its held item.

HA Decidueye was an interesting mon to use, but relatively disappointing. Its HA (Long Reach) doesn't really lend itself to its movepool, I think I ended up with its signature Ghost move (and gave it Ghostium Z), Leaf Blade, Pluck, and a random status move (Defog I reckon). Decidueye is good as a Grass-type goes, but it went down way too easily, it's not the fastest of mons and the defences aren't great either. Leavanny and Shiftry I think are better choices for a Grass-type mon.

Water Bubble Araquanid I was quite impressed by. Liquidation is a great Water-type move, and Waterium Z meant it KO'd quite a few opposing mons. That and Lunge were the 2 moves that I actually used, particularly Lunge. I recall I had Aurora Beam and Stockpile as my other 2 moves, but I never used them so any coverage would do. Araquanid was my best hope against Ultra Necrozma, say no more. It was arguably my clutch performer - if Alolan Ninetales (my real ace) went down, Araquanid could usually clean up and was the last one standing on a few occasions. I usually don't like Bug types, but this one has changed my mind on that a little.

HA Rapidash was in the middle of the pack. Mine had Ally Switch as an egg move, and yet although it should in theory be a good move, I could never actually use it, and I've never seen anyone use it on YouTube either. Flame Wheel + Firium Z was enough to sort out most susceptible opponents, but my one real good point for Rapidash was that it could use Smart Strike (a Steel-type move, not many Pokes seem able to learn it) and so be a good counter to any Fairy-types. Rapidash was also my main mon against Molayne in the E4. The Ponyta line is actually one of my favourites, but as far as horse mons with potential Steel coverage go, I much preferred using Mudsdale.

And lastly HA Stunfisk. This one was mainly for coverage, plus it had an interesting typing and I wanted to test how good it was. Stunfisk was the mon on my team that I used least, as it was pretty slow and usually one of the other mons on my team could cover its strengths, but I wouldn't write it off - I'd like to use this one again someday once I work out a better moveset and style for it, as I generally go for offense as opposed to more defensive/status play. Moves were Earth Power, Thunderbolt (+ Electrium Z), Scald (as an extra bit of coverage for the rare occasion that Araquanid goes down), and I believe there was a random status move for the last one. There are better Ground and Electric types around, just depends on how many slots you have available for them.

So my surprising/fun suggestions are Garbodor, Alolan Ninetales and Araquanid. As for previous games and playthroughs, Mudsdale, Archeops and Leavanny/Shiftry were all mons that could get you through a lot of the game and were fun to use.

Apologies on the essay guys :D

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
Thanks for all the thoughtful suggestions! I've been mulling them all over while I take care of my USun and UMoon busywork.

@Deva : Shiinotic is always something I've been tempted to use. Actually, a lot of those pokemon are ones I've thought about a lot before.

@AuburnEnigma : That team reminded me a lot of mine from Sun! Particularly the Decidueye Araquanid combo. I was also really impressed by Water Bubble Araquanid. Truth be told on my blind playthrough of Sun, I had intended to use Alolan Exeggutor as my final pokemon, but I ran into an Araquanid in Malie Gardens and it seemed so weird yet cool for my playthrough. At the end I actually had a team of 7 I rotated around with the inclusion of Alolan Exeggutor.

All in all for this playthrough I have Grass types as my biggest category to try out. So far, after cycling through the dex, I'm tempted by Shiinotic, Alolan Exeggutor, Decidueye, and Leavanny. I might consider a monotype but I would have to do balancing on it, and as usual, Ultra Necrozma is an annoyance that would have to be planned around quite significantly. I also always end up using the starters as given by professor Kukui because of the cutscene at the pokemon league. As I was typing though, a bred and EV trained Ferrothorn might just do the trick against UNecro. I'll keep thinking. I have some more errands to do in USun anyway.

As for my busywork, Shiny Pheromosa is still a no show. With USun nearing completion with all the legends captured, I may have to postpone the SR on UMoon to attend to breeding duties. As for USun, I've been running through the boxes of WT and actually got some reasonable stuff.

Aside, I really do like this new forum. I started typing this on my laptop this morning, and now I can finish it in the go from my phone!

PokeCraftier

Breeders Club Member
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
3DS FC
1590-6093-3061
IGN
Chad
Sounds like everyone has done some good breeding and there must be plenty of shiny luck among those here as well! Even I managed to get a Shiny level ball Cyndaquil when I was transferring egg moves over this morning which was a nice surprise! I've been doing a little breeding here and there still moving egg moves around to different Pokeballs on my starter Pokemon. It's going to take a bit longer than I thought because some of them got some new egg moves I'd like to get but when i finish I'll have plenty of breedjects saved up for potential giveaways. More details one those later!

Edit: It seems getting Sacred Sword onto my Oshawotts as an egg move will be incredibly annoying at this point. The only non-legendary Pokemon to learn it is the Honedge line which cannot breed with Oshawott so the only way to get it onto Oshawott to my understanding is to get a male Smeargle to trace it and then breed it with a Oshawott. Anyone have an extra Oshawott with Sacred Sword or is willing to help me with it?

Last edited:

Blucario

ブルー • プリンセス
AKA
Blu
Time Zone
US MST / GMT -7
3DS FC
4742-6374-6875
IGN
Blucario
@Deva Whoa, Tropius got Dragon Hammer as an egg move? That's pretty neat! Also, that's cool to know that Z-Me First copies the opponent's move, and also turns it into a Z-Move.

@AuburnEnigma Lol for a minute there, I thought that you said that you earned 3.5m PokeDollars from beating the Pokemon League. xD Do you think that your Decidueye having its non-HA, Overgrow, would've made a difference in the playthrough?

@Arceus Sorry to hear that the shiny Pheromosa still hasn't shown up yet. How long have you been SRing for it now? Seems like forever. Have you already bred your mono-Grass type team yet?

@PokeCraftier Congrats on the shiny :levelball: :cyndaquil: ! Oh, I think that @AuburnEnigma might be able to help you out with the Sacred Sword :oshawott: . She's been breeding the starters in Apricorn Balls, so maybe she has an Oshawott with Sacred Sword?

Well, I found a matching hatcher on reddit, so I'll soon have a TSV hatched :loveball: :bounsweet: to use for the VGC 19 Moon series. In my Ultra Sun game, I'm gonna be breeding Sassy :dreamball: :clefairy: with its HA Friend Guard. Just like with the :diveball: :bronzor: , I don't have a Sassy mon that can breed with the Clefairy, so I'll be relying on RNG to get me a Sassy natured one.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
@PokeCraftier : Congrats on the shiny! Hopefully soon I can join the club. And you're right, the club has had some pretty insane luck this month! I might have something for your Oshawott problem, but I'll be slow as I have plans today and I'd have to comb through a few games and bank boxes.

@Blucario : As you'd probably guess, still no Pheromosa. I don't know exactly how long I've been resetting now. A count would be better, but I gave up counting at like, 10. To me at least it doesn't make a difference the exact number. I'm not really a dedicated shiny hunter per se. I'll just do the occasional hunt for something I'm really interested in having shiny, like the UB. Because of this delay, I also haven't gotten the mono-grass team together yet. I consolidate everything, I mean everything, into UMoon, and I despise moving it around. All my dittos, stock breedjects, competitive mons, synchs, and legends are all on UMoon. It was a lot of work to consolidate everything, and I don't want things getting lost in my 98% release file of USun. Aside, :dreamball: :clefairy: ! What a killer combo! Full disclosure though, I am a little biased towards fairy types and dream balls.

@Money: Catching legends in USun has been a little crazy because I always forget that Beast balls by the hundred cost money. In UMoon, I grind for EXP in the elite four with amulet coin and roto prize money when chansey chaining would be a longer time investment then I need, so money has never been an issue.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
@Blucario I'm honestly not sure re Decidueye, because the problems I had with using it came against mons that I needed to use Spirit Shackle on. Leaf Blade I could always get a hit in. Mine was Adamant so maybe a Jolly nature and some EV training could have helped. Regarding money, Poke Pelago and the cave gets you a vast amount even without using the Amulet Coin, plus you can get Fossils and evolution stones and shards from there too.

@PokeCraftier As a matter of fact I can help you out with the Oshawott - I've had a quick check and I have some Moon Ball Oshawott breedjects with Sacred Sword as one of the 4 egg moves. I've got one male and one female if you have a gender preference?

PokeCraftier

Breeders Club Member
Time Zone
Central Standard Time
3DS FC
1590-6093-3061
IGN
Chad
@AuburnEnigma the male one would be just fine if you don't mind! I'll be around for most of today if you have the time if not then we can plan for later. This will really save me a whole lot of time! Edit: Would you also have a Popplio with the egg move Aromatic Mist laying around as well? Apparently the only way to breed that onto Popplio is through Smeargle as well.

@Arceus thanks a bunch for the offer but it looks like AuburnEnigma might be helping me out with this one! I'll be sure to make plenty of Oshawott breedjects with Sacred Sword in case you want one and will have plenty of other breedjects if not at a later time. Also good luck with that Pheromosa! I'm sure it will show up soon!

@Blucario thanks for the advice and good luck with that Clefairy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.