Pokémon The Challenger's Clan: Marriland Edition!

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
*peek*

Nickname: Either Sania or SAF is fine
Name Color: This one, please. Here's the hex code: #EF652A
Pokemon to represent you::gardevoir::gallade:
Ongoing Challenges: From Light Fang to Alola ~ Pokemon Ultra Sun String Hexalocke
Past Challenges: Nothing to be proud of, they're either failed or abandoned anyway
Other: Um, Pokemon?

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
@Pendraflare: I was getting pretty burnt out on the run by the end honestly. I'm definitely taking a break from locke style challenges and I want to dive into the 3d games for a bit. But I may retry Platinum after learning a bit more about setup and non-attacking strategies through the monotypes and scrambles, especially in get 7.

kansas

Copy that, Copycat!
AKA
Nusha
Nickname: Nusha

Name Color: #bbded6

Pokemon to represent you: Mimikyu

Ongoing Challenges: None atm.

Past Challenges: I don't remember most, but all of them are retired.

Other: Pokemon

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Welcome, you three dear young ladies! :happyazurill: We'll get those added to the OP shortly.

@Resolute Ha, well I know you'd have Totem Marowak, Olivia, and Totem Togedemaru, and probably some others I'm missing, and that's before we get to the league which despises Bug-types, haha. Especially since the one member in the original who didn't and you'd have a type advantage against was replaced with one that will prey on it. Better hope you get HP Ground like Dino did with her Petilil in Moon xD

Meanwhile, just started a new game on White 2, doing yet another one of the Time Warp challenges that PokeCommunity has in Ancient Rome. That one has a wide variety of Pokemon types to choose from (Fire, Fighting, Rock, Steel, Poison, Ghost, Psychic, and Water after three badges), so it should be interesting. Catch is that you can't run from wild Pokemon. I do want to try to make my final team at least somewhat original! And I might even document the thread, but if I do it won't be screenshots. Those do tack on quite a bit and take a lot out of me.

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
No running from wild Pokemon, eh? That's what I'd call tough even for a non-randomizer.

Resolute

there is no spoon
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I'd love to see a challenge where every wild Pokemon is Wynaut or Wobbuffet. >:)

Feather32

Junior Trainer
I'd love to see a challenge where every wild Pokemon is Wynaut or Wobbuffet. >:)
That would get me killed in Nuzlockes very quickly I think. I got two of my six members in my Scramble, probably going to have a bit of troube with Bugsy though.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
With the end of the semester, I’m finally going to have time to play Pokémon and put up challenges! Yay! I’m definitely going to be starting “Cherry Blossom Melancholy” (my Omega Ruby scramble) either tomorrow or Saturday, and I’ll be starting take two of “I Won’t Wait For ‘Someday’!” soon (probably sometime next week). I also need to retool some of the old rulesets I made a long time ago, and I’m going to borrow some ideas from Marriland’s nuzlockes for one or two of my challenges.... (Yes I’m going to do some nuzlockes with wicked hard rulesets despite being bad at nuzlockes. I love complexity too much for my own good. I’m going to try and make it plausible for me to win, though....)

I’m actually going to start at least two other non-nuzlocke playthroughs besides my OR scramble, though! I’ll be doing a Time Warp challenge on Gold and an Ice Monotype on Moon! I’m actually super excited about both!

I’ll try and space out the starts so I’m not clogging up the Challenge Playthroughs forum, but no promises.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So I talked to the owner of the Time Warp thread from PokeCommunity, because one other era I wanted to do was Ancient Greece (quick summary: Fire, Grass, Electric, Fairy, Dark, Fighting after three badges / starter must be in front entire party and can't faint), but Unova required Durant as mandatory until I asked her if it was an oversight, which she said it indeed was, so that was replaced with Simisear instead. And thus I am looking at doing one of those two - Ancient Greece or Ancient Rome - on a Unova game. I initially planned on doing Ancient Rome on Ultra Sun earlier in the year as prep for the no healing in battle Nuzlocke I have, but got impatient and wiped the save because I just wanted to get on with it. xD I wasn't far in anyway.

And an Ice Monotype seems difficult D:

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
And an Ice Monotype seems difficult D:
That’s because Ice is the rarest type, and it also has a lot of weaknesses. It’s probably going to be very difficult, but that’s why it isn’t a Nuzlocke.

(Also, I’m probably going to do it on Sun instead of Moon because apparently, Alolan Vulpix/Alolan Ninetales is Sun only. Alolan Vulpix is cute and I want to use one in this challenge.)

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
That’s because Ice is the rarest type, and it also has a lot of weaknesses. It’s probably going to be very difficult, but that’s why it isn’t a Nuzlocke.

(Also, I’m probably going to do it on Sun instead of Moon because apparently, Alolan Vulpix/Alolan Ninetales is Sun only. Alolan Vulpix is cute and I want to use one in this challenge.)
I wish you luck. I might be doing an ice mono in a different game at a later date, but no promises there. It all depends on if my story planning goes the way I think it will. Anyway, I hope the monotype goes well plus all of your other challenges.

Anyway, I'm off school for now, so I have hopefully more time to write and get some updates out for wonderlocke. But it all depends on how distracted I get and how busy I get before I have to jump back into college again. Well, best of luck to everyone with your challenges and endevours and I'll see ya' around!

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So I got back to my White 2 challenge, and so far it hasn't gotten off to the best start as I tried to take on Cheren but wiped on the first try because my Tepig, at +2 Defense, his Patrat at +1 scored a critical hit on the very first hit. That and he's psychic and knows if my Riolu is gonna go for Counter or an attacking move. Might allow items for that battle and no other.

Also I haven't updated my Wonderlocke in some time which I feel bad about... Been really busy. But I should for sure have the next update out at WORST before 2018 ends, haha. :P

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Hi there, I'd like to join!

Nickname: Calaf

Name Color: Let's go with #8B0000

Pokemon to represent you: I'll take Swellow :swellow: and Typhlosion :typhlosion:

Ongoing Challenges: I'm currently doing a White 2 Wedlocke (https://forums.marriland.com/threads/calafs-pokemon-white-2-wedlocke-challenge.812/)

Past Challenges: Many different challenges, most of which were retired. I did complete a FireRed Poison Monotype though!

Other: pokemon

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Well I completly failed my Wonderlocke and here I thought the Water trial would've of ended it, but it turned out to be that stupid Hex and Venoshock crud. :(

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I officially have the weirdest/worst possible luck with Dicelockes.

I’m going to be starting another Dicelocke on Sapphire (it’s also a time warp!), and I got remove a region wide rule twice (I rolled 12 in the starting town, then 34 on Route 101). I rerolled the second one (you can reroll free spaces like that once if you want), and now my starter can’t evolve until the Elite Four. What. What is my luck.

Last edited:

Pentatope

The Paradoxical Plant Person
Time Zone
PDT
uhhh... hello again~
Nickname: I think Pentatope is fine.

Name Color: #41A85F aka Green

Pokemon to represent you: Leafeon and Bulbasaur will do~

Ongoing Challenges: Pokemon UM Randomizer Challenge

Past Challenges: I've done many nuzlockes in the past... but I won't credit them

Other: ....Pokemon

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sensei, I have a question about this rule:
-If you are inactive for more than a month, you will be removed from the member list. You can rejoin the club, but you will need to fill out the form again. Let me know if you plan on being gone for more than a month.
By the word "inactive", does it mean inactive from the forums or just from this club?

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Honestly, I may just remove that. It's normal for activity to be slow, so I don't think it's fair to remove people if they haven't been active and I get the feeling that they've just overlooked it.

As for my White 2 challenge, I have beaten Cheren, but might erase that because I have different ideas for what I'll do as far as Time Warp goes. Or find something else to do entirely, but I want to have something new up soon!

Eevee

Royale/Taller Lizzy
AKA
Lizzy (Taller); Royale; Raere
Time Zone
EST
Scott, you so wild with your Challenges and active too, I don't know how you do it lol.
Now that I'm back at college and somehow less busy than when I was on holiday (:thonkazurill:), I can get back to my Randomizer. I'm thinking of ways you could do challenges for Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu, but I almost feel like those games are too faceroll to do a proper challenge.