Pokémon The Challenger's Clan: Marriland Edition!

WindriderShiva

Junior Trainer
AKA
chibishiva (PSN)
Time Zone
GMT-5 (Eastern Time)
3DS FC
4399-3664-9423
Switch FC
2208-5217-2227
Nickname: Shiva

Name Color: 00A3FF

Pokemon to represent you: Houdoom and Mightyena

Ongoing Challenges: Fixed-team Pearl run

Past Challenges: Oh boy. Several Nuzlockes (esp. Gen I and VI, my last failed attempt being a Blue run), a Generationlocke (failed at Sapphire), a couple solo runs (Mightyena was a fun one) and monotypes (Fairy and Poison come to mind). Also Wondertrade challenges. I do believe I once attempted a Wedlocke but that must've failed early on. Vague memories sorta thing.

Other: Pokemon!

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Now that I'm back at college and somehow less busy than when I was on holiday (:thonkazurill:), I can get back to my Randomizer. I'm thinking of ways you could do challenges for Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu, but I almost feel like those games are too faceroll to do a proper challenge.
Speaking of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, I do remember someone doing a no-candy challenge and another one doing a modified Nuzlocke to fit in with LGPE's mechanics. It basically allows unlimited captures but only allows you to use the very first catch in each areas. I also modified the String Hexalocke rules to suit LGPE players' needs, in case anyone wanna try it out with those games.

That aside, good luck for your randomizer. I hope there'll be no more mess in there. :winkazurill:

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Randomizers are super fun, but can be super hard depending on your luck. I got my first badge in my own Omega Ruby Randomizer but lost a couple of good Pokemon on the way, two deaths already holy cow. Well I'm barely good at regular Nuzlockes, but I like having the surprise of what I will encounter especially when I've played the game a lot like OR. The options for Lockes on those are fairly boring. I always catch either Zigzagoon or Poochyena on a normal file and that gets so dull after awhile.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Welcome Shiva! We'll get you added next time someone is on the club account.

So I might just make a thread for a Time Warp adventure, starting with Black + Black 2. I was initially considering a story trilogy with Platinum, Black 2 and Y, but I'm still not up to level with writing. Or I could go across the generations! That might work, too. Just wondering which eras + games I want to go with!

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
Welp. There went my winter break. I go back to college tomorrow. Btw. I don't think I'm suffering from writter's block this time. I think I'm unfortunately getting hit with burnout... And it isn't fun. It's not that I can't write right now. It's that I can't really bring myself to find the motivation to do this specific project. I want to, but I don't and it isn't fun. So, all this time I planned on working on it I just couldn't. I have been keeping up with the club and reading, even if I haven't been posting. Sorry for my silence. Just thought I'd pop in though.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I decided to continue doing my offline X Scramble. While I’m not a big fan of the Kalos games, the team I got is really fun!

Null

#1 Yuqi fan <3
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Cube
Hallo I am back
Nickname: Null

Name Color: #a4f442

Pokemon to represent you: Type_Null, Greninja

Ongoing Challenges: None
Past Challenges: Nunch of failed challenges/abandoned challenges. Most proud one is undocumented Black Nuzlocke with 4 deaths and my documented (kinda) Black 2 Fighting Monotype

Other: pOkEmOn

Lorekeeper

Rookie Trainer
Sorry it’s been awhile but I have been very busy. I have posted in the scramble thread if you want to give me a mon there. I have recently decided I need to try some non Locke challenges to help me learn to play better.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Um, guys, anybody doing a Nuzlocke in a vanilla (read: neither hacked nor randomized) USUM? If so, I have a question regarding my String Hexalocke:
About all those totem-sized Pokemon, how do you guys handle it in a Nuzlocke? The gift clause is on in my case, but I still can't decide whether I should grab the totem Gumshoos right away (I haven't caught the Yungoos line and my stickers are enough for it) or wait to get something else (I must catch another Yungoos line somewhere else in that case).

Lorekeeper

Rookie Trainer
@SAF
I am currently running an Ultra Moon Nuzlocke so I suppose I can talk about what I do with this. I feel like you can do this a number of different ways depending on your play style. I am currently ignoring these gifts. I just see them being kinda not an option. But other than being bigger and sometimes having a special ability I don't think they are any different from normal mons. I feel that you should only be allowed one to use though. So I would pick them up and store them in a secondary box and only choose one to use if I were to do so.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Dear @Lorekeeper,
Thanks for your input. I've decided to treat the totem Gumshoos as my Heahea Beach encounter and save the rest for post-game stuffs where the locke rules no longer apply.
Also, sorry for asking too much, but I'm wondering about another case:
I recently hatched my Eevee egg at Route 6, but I haven't gotten any wild encounters there beforehand. What should I do in this case?

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@SAF
There's an interesting case regarding that. Allow me to put it to you this way: when Aquablade11 (a Poketuber I watch) did his Platinum Insanity Nuzlocke series in 2013, he had an Iron Island encounter that he didn't catch, and then later on he got the Riolu egg, and when he hatched it, the location met said "Riley" and not "Iron Island", the latter of which had that been the case he would have released it. Then, four years later in his blind Ultra Sun Nuzlocke, he found an Eevee on Route 4 and later on got the Eevee egg in the nursery, and the Egg's location says "Nursery helpers", so he did indeed use both of them at different points.
Also, not sure if any of you missed it, but I did post the newest update in Black not long ago. I've posted to where I've played though I'm almost done playing through Part 5. Have gotten a lot of new catches, and my team is gonna look quite different after this part!

Amethyst

Rookie Trainer
Hey, All! I'm back for round... whatever. Many. Round many.

Nickname: Sasha

Name Color: Something Along these lines (9365B8)

Pokemon to represent you: Hitmonchan and Farfetch'd

Ongoing Challenges: Two of them. I have started a Flying monotype in SoulSilver, and am considering posting about it. The other, um, well, I am still finishing up a Monocolor run in Platinum. Some of you might remember when it started...

Past Challenges: A couple of Nuzlockes, some monotypes.

Other: Mokenpo! Or maybe Pokemon.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
@SAF
There's an interesting case regarding that. Allow me to put it to you this way: when Aquablade11 (a Poketuber I watch) did his Platinum Insanity Nuzlocke series in 2013, he had an Iron Island encounter that he didn't catch, and then later on he got the Riolu egg, and when he hatched it, the location met said "Riley" and not "Iron Island", the latter of which had that been the case he would have released it. Then, four years later in his blind Ultra Sun Nuzlocke, he found an Eevee on Route 4 and later on got the Eevee egg in the nursery, and the Egg's location says "Nursery helpers", so he did indeed use both of them at different points.
The egg clause, huh? I’d like to use the same approach had I caught anything before hatching the egg in the same route. However, I hatched the egg first, so I’m still not sure. :unsureazurill:

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So am still going through my Ancient Greece Time Warp in Y. I plan to turn it into an Ultimate, considering I found that you can indeed have other Pokemon aside from your starter in front when you're not battling trainers. Already started on Red and will likely zip through that, and Black 2 I plan to follow Black with on that field. I haven't updated or even played Black in at least two weeks because of MarriProm, but I plan to get back to that soon.

Marriland doing his Sleeplocke stream (which, spoiler, he wiped) does kinda make me want to get back to Nuzlocking soon... I am so behind with updating my Wonderlocke which I feel bad about. Gah.

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
Hey y'all. Hope everyone's challenges and such are going well. I've been distracted like normal and college has been busy like normal. I can't make any promises as to when I can make an update. Hopefully soon, but college just isn't slowing down and it's a busy semester for me. Been watching the sleeplocke Marriland and the others are doing. So, I'm feeling a little bit revitalized to get back into writing and working on mine again. I have future playthrough and story ideas for after the US Wonderlocke, but I might take a rain check on that and do a monotype or a MMHMF (Make me hate my favorites) challenge to help me get back into pokemon again.

Anyway, best of luck all and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Figured I'd check in! Varhii and I have been doing a Randomized Soul Link on White version over the past few months and we're at Driftveil City. He's got BOTH Reshiram and Zekrom and I have a Kyogre. Early game was a bit rough for us, but we're definitely in a good position to beat the game at this point.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Say, which one do you think is better for an USUM nuzlocke run: Poliwrath or Politoed?

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I would go Politoed if it has Drizzle. Otherwise I'd probably go Poliwrath unless you're looking for a special attacker. They're both excellent Pokémon in their own right! I'd go with whatever your team needs more.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Saw that yesterday but didn't get around to replying to it... But honestly, the big problem with Poliwrath is that it won't get any physical Water-type attacks until the post-game, and is weak to some of the bigger foes later on. Politoed has decent stats all-around I'd say and may be easier to use.

In the meantime, if we do indeed do B2W2 for MarriPlays, a part of me was considering doing a Water/Bug Duo-Type Nuzlocke, which could be fun, since there are some good ones to use in that. Although if I do Challenge Mode, Elesa would be utterly brutal, haha. Just one possible idea.