Pokémon The Challenger's Clan: Marriland Edition!

Resolute

below freezing? t-shirt weather
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I'll probably just do a casual playthrough if that's what we end up doing. I've actually never finished BW2. :3

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Hello again everyone. I am pretty hyped for the upcoming games, but realize I've been pretty absent on here. I got pretty down on the dark monotype because it was somewhat difficult for me on Ultra Moon. Also I still haven't finished the game ever. So I'm restarting and just playing through the game plain. I'm going to try and keep up with a few of you all too. Whose doing the best challenges?

WindriderShiva

Rookie Trainer
AKA
chibishiva (PSN)
Time Zone
GMT-5 (Eastern Time)
3DS FC
4399-3664-9423
Switch FC
2208-5217-2227
So huh... hi! I haven't posted here at all since I became active again and reapplied, but apparently it should be fine.

Anyways, I recently completed a Bug monotype on White 2. Oh man I've never struggled like this on a Victory Road and I probably won't be attempting this again. Bug monotype, that is, because I plan on running more monotypes. They're fun. In the meantime, I started something new. I've started... a Generationlocke! Because I never learn. I tried this a couple years ago and failed at the champion on Sapphire, so I'm giving it another shot. Who knows? I might fail even earlier this time!

Thread right here!

Amethyst

Beginner Trainer
Strange that B2W2 are coming up, because I just started a Black 2 Fire monotype run. Not going to lie, I am pretty worried about my chances. I do have some strong choices available to me, especially in B2/W2 (Magmortar and Arcanine, on top of the already potent Unova-based Fire types), but I have identified a few areas of concern. I have just made it to Castelia, but if the bit of rain falling in the Virbank Complex is any indication, further rainy routes will be very difficult. I am not usually one for weather strategies, but I am thinking of having a dedicated Sunny Day user. I am also rather worried about Clay, not to mention Marlon - heck, even Skyla and her Swanna. I suppose we will see if Tinder and her guys (seriously - I named my character Tinder, and decided on a love/romance naming theme. So far all four of my Pokemon are male) can pull through.

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
In the meantime, I've been very behind on posting my Time Warp challenge for Black, but I'll be going through Chargestone Cave very soon (some time either today or tomorrow most likely). And as for B2W2, yeah I think you only get like nine or ten Fire-types so it's just enough to get by haha (and one of them is at the very end of thte game). Still haven't settled on what I'll do when it comes!

Shiva: Well, best of luck, hopefully this one goes better Dx

Amethyst

Beginner Trainer
And as for B2W2, yeah I think you only get like nine or ten Fire-types so it's just enough to get by haha (and one of them is at the very end of thte game).
Let's see... Emboar, Arcanine, Magmortar, Flareon, Darumanitan, Simisear, Chandelure, Camerupt, and Volcarona potentially before eight badges, and Ninetales and Heatmor after eight badges. Seems doable.

What do you mean Camerupt is only in White 2 and Heatmor is postgame only? Oh. Oh, no. I may have made a terrible mistake.

So, yeah, I somehow missed that Camerupt is version-exclusive (and that I can't actually get Heatmor, but that is fine by me.) This changes things a bit - I had counted on having Camerupt available to me - but I am still going to give this a try. My team will just be a bit more... monotonous. At this point, as it is my challenge, I will state that, despite it not being a Nuzlocke, I am invoking Shiny clause. Should I find a shiny (which I never do, outside of Pokemon Go), I will allow it on my team if it is capable of learning any Fire type move through any means in any generation.

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
@Shiva: good luck on the generation locke! I tried one earlier and took 2 years to lose in the Sinnoh Elite Four. I wish you better luck!

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
Nickname: Zedark or Alex is fine

Name Color: #a50e0e

Pokemon to represent you: Slowbro and Slowking

Ongoing Challenges: Currently doing a generationlocke here on the site

Past Challenges: Probably too many to count. I've won a HG nuzlocked and probably a few others. i've lost more than I can count.

Other: Pokemon

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I'm working on putting together a co-op challenge that I'm pretty hype about and I think it's going to be documented so stay tuned :hmmazurill:

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
@shiva, you've inspired me to try a generation locke again. I hope you don't mind me doing one alongside (I'll probably be slower tbh). I'll point people your way in the first post as inspiration!

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Zedark Welcome to the club! One of us will get you added. Good luck with your Generationlocke, sounds fascinating!

@theDINOsaurus A co-op challenge? That you're super hyped about? Sounds fun!

@tacobowler If you get back to it I'll certainly take part in viewing it! ^_^

Speaking of co-op challenges, I posted in the thread and SAF was one of those who contacted me saying that she would be up for it. Right now we're looking to do something on ORAS, and we kinda already have the idea of what we want to do. I would ask Ashley, but I don't know if she's busy or not. Maybe sometime I'll do something with her, too, if she does want to.

Reactions: SAF

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
@Shiva Do you mind if I use your master encounter list idea for my run. It's a really cool way to track encounters that I had not though of.

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Speaking of co-op challenges, I posted in the thread and SAF was one of those who contacted me saying that she would be up for it. Right now we're looking to do something on ORAS, and we kinda already have the idea of what we want to do.
Well, yeah, this will be my first time doing a co-op. :blushazurill:
I've already made a thread for the challenge, so go check this out. :winkazurill:

tacobowler

Junior Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
What strategies do people use for Black 2/White 2 for the first gym or two? I find them, especially the first gym, almost impossible because we have so few pokemon and he uses moves to raise his stats that we cannot match by item or move.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
@taco: train and hope for the best >.>

@Scott: well you can't know if she's interested if you don't ask :hmmazurill:

Just putting the rules together for this challenge has been a blast I'm super excited to start it. Coincidentally, it will also be an ORAS challenge.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Hi Kaori! :happyazurill: We'll get you added next someone logs into the account. (Heck, Dino can do it now without having to log into the account! :P)

In the meantime, here's what I have on the table:
Black (Ancient Rome) - Just did most of the Team Plasma stuff this morning and got the Light Stone... I REALLY should have posted at least to Clay by now but I've been way behind.
Ultra Moon (Ancient Greece) - Have been talking about it in the Nuzlocke Forums' Discord server. Am nearing Lurantis but have plenty to combat it with. I also just added a Mankey to my team, which is one you rarely see. Right now I have Brionne, Zorua, Growlithe, Oricorio, Mankey, and Salandit. I plan to get Steense after the Totem fight!
Omega Ruby (Co-op with SAF) - Haven't played since Petalburg, but will soon get back to it and make it to Rustboro.

Last edited:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
No problem! ^^

In the meantime I've finished my Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke with only 2 deaths in total!

My next project will be a Pokemon Soul Silver Nuzlocke Scramble. I have the first part up so far and should be able to post consistently since I'm quite a bit ahead IRL. (Got 3 badges in-game as of now)

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
@Kaori wow, finished Whitney already? You're all good, right? :yayazurill:

As for myself...
  • Ultra Sun: already finished the ghosty trial, I'm on my way to Po Town. I plan to post as soon as I arrive there.
  • Platinum: already done with Crasher Wake and gotten rid of the Psyduck. I haven't gone to Celestic Town yet, though.
  • Alpha Sapphire (co-op with Pendra): just like him, I haven't gone beyond Petalburg yet. Might as well proceed ASAP.

The Griddler

Dabbing Anime Girl
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010