Pokémon The Challenger's Clan: Marriland Edition!

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
As my Ultra Moon Ancient Greece run winds to its end, I must say this is by far my favorite team that I've had in an Alola playthrough that wasn't a -Locke: Primarina, Zoroark, Oricorio, Salazzle, Primeape and Cradily. It makes me feel bad that I didn't document it in full, but hey, I didn't think it'd be quite as good! (I SERIOUSLY need to get back to documenting my Wonderlocke...) Hau's Raichu and Tauros are the two things I'm most scared of. Yet I haven't posted an update on PokeCommunity since after Lurantis since I've mostly only been typing out the important battles, gah.

In the meantime, still thinking of what I want to do for B2W2 when we get to MarriPlays! In the last Azurilland Plays I did two Time Warps (Black, Platinum), a Monotype (Y) and a Mono-Color (Soul Silver) so maybe I'll find something new.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Not sure why I didn't join sooner because I live for challenges in Pokemon games
Nickname: Rockie

Name Color: This one, #B8312F

Pokemon to represent you: Just Zangoose is fine

Ongoing Challenges: Pokemon Black Big Fat Randomiser it's linked in my signature. That's the only one I'm doing on the forums but I'm also doing a Platinum Soul Link with my friend.

Past Challenges: I've done a Black/White Soul link and X/Y Co-op with a friend, Platinum Nuzlocke, Sun Bug Monotype, X Nuzlocke, SoulSilver Feraligatr Solo Run and Emerald Zangoose Solo Run. That's all the ones I completed.

Other: Pokemon innit

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Nickname: Felly or Audra
Name Color: #FF4500
Pokemon to represent you: Fennekin & Entei
Ongoing Challenges: Doing a Naturelocke for Marriplays, but otherwise that's the only one I'm doing right now.
Past Challenges: I tried to do a Grass monotype on HeartGold, but I lost interest in it pretty quick and never finished it.
Other: Something something Pokemon.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Uh, um, idk if this is still on topic or not, but does Photon Geyser ignore held item's effects?
I'm on my way to the dragon trial in my US String Hexalocke. I'm asking that because I wanna plan ahead for after the trial, especially the Ultra Necrozma. I don't want it to be my Nuzlocke ender, y'see.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
My generation(region) locke continues; with the second chapter of HeartGold up. I got pretty lucky thus far on how powerful my teams are.

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Well I kind of basically failed OR randomizer and lost interest in my SS Scramble, though Ii may return to it in the future. I started a Sun Randomizer though and have the first part of that up. I really didn't have good starter options.

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So as far as new challenges go, I did kinda just start two Monotypes recently - Fire on Ultra Sun and Psychic on X. I won't be documenting either of them here, but I will on PokeCommunity. They are nice to have something extra to play basically wherever. In the former, I was very scared of Totem Araquanid, but my Charmeleon lived its Bubble with 9 HP and was able to 2HKO it with Dragon Rage :'D I'll be getting Combusken tomorrow so I can take on Olivia up ahead. It'll be interesting once I get Torkoal with Drought. And with the latter, I only have three team members so far (Braixen, Kadabra and a female Ralts) but will hopefully get Espurr and Meditite soon. I was kinda having thoughts of using Lunatone or Solrock, but they don't get any STAB move that works for both of their types. Plenty to use up ahead. Maybe in due time I can get all the formerly special types in both Alola and Kalos.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
@Felly Welcome to CC! I should be able to add you in later today.

Anybody know of any runs using only Magikarp?

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Popping up here just to say hi. I kinda came up with my Animation vs Pokemon challenge on a whim and that's before I managed to finish my other challenges (aside from Marriplays). Stupid me. :upsidedownazurill:
Anybody know of any runs using only Magikarp?
I kinda remember seeing one in Youtube (or did I?), but can't really remember what the video was. Sorry. :sadazurill:

MacVanish

Professional Amateur
AKA
Joran Joran
Nickname: Vanish works, i guess.
Name Color: #553982
Pokemon to represent you: :arcanine: Arcanine & :leavanny: Leavanny
Ongoing Challenges: Blaze Black & Blaze Black 2 Generation locke.
Past Challenges: I've done many, but I had completed a Blaze Black 2 wedlocke on the old forums
Other: Pokemon

It's been a while since I've poked my head on these here forum and this here club. Used to be a member a few members a few years ago under the name Joranhagen iirc. I remember doing a Pokemon Black&White Scramble with the whole club where me and another guy both had our full parties at the end but he had lower playtime thus won the challenge. Last thing I remember was PendraFlame trying to keep club alive, but then I just up and left. Sorry bro. Welp, it's good to be back here

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Hey all. I've been following about 5 generation lockes going on the forums right now, including mine. Forget which belongs in the group. But go check us all out!

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
@tacobowler Who are the other Lockes? I know of yours mine and Shivas. Is there another two? I would be interested in reading them.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Nickname: The supreme ruler of all Nuzlockes. Just Moonwatcher or Moon is fine.

Name Color: #20FCBA

Pokemon to represent you: Type: Null & Shaymin-Sky

Ongoing Challenges: White 2 Nuzlocke for Marriplays. Though kinda off and on at this point.

Past Challenges: Ho boy. Off the top of my head I've done a Fire Red Nuzlocke, a Sapphire Mightyena Solo, a Sun Nuzlocke, a Sapphire Scramble-Wedlocke, an Omega Ruby Rainbow Wedlocke, and an Omega Ruby Scramble-Wedlocke.

All but the Sun Nuzlocke ended in failure. ;_;

Other: I'm really bad at pokemon challenges. :P

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
@tacobowler Who are the other Lockes? I know of yours mine and Shivas. Is there another two? I would be interested in reading them.
QCat18. Guess that's the only one on watched, so the other one I was thinking of might have timed out or just been deleted. QCat posted minutes before this lol

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Hey guys! Good to see some activity here. But anyway, I recently finished a Psychic Monotype on X, fun stuff there. I'll post it on PokeCommunity later. Also started up Black 2 for another Time Warp challenge, the Ancient Greece era this time like I was planning to. While I haven't done any Nuzlockes as of late, I might get to that some other time. Oh yeah, and I completed a Fire Monotype on Ultra Sun, too.

And welcome to the new members, obviously we haven't posted in a while so don't worry about not being added yet. Just wanted to drop in for the first time in a while!

SergeantSunshine

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Nickname: Sarge

Name Color: #9365B8

Pokemon to represent you: Toucannon

Ongoing challenges: Platinum Randomized Nuzlocke

Past challenges: Monotype (Black 2), Soul Link (Heart Gold), and Nuzlocke (Emerald). All of which failed except the Nuzlocke.

Other: Pokemon

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
It’s been a while, so I wanted to share an update! I’m currently documenting a Wedlocke of Crystal Version on Lake Valor, and doing a nuzlocke of Pokémon Black. Both of them have been pretty fun!

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So I am kinda getting the vibe to do a Nuzlocke again after not doing so in a while. Maybe on a Gen IV game?

In the meantime, for Black 2, I beat Skyla today. Magnezone makes her significantly easier, even though Swanna gets Surf in Challenge Mode to hit harder. But having to lead with my Serperior, who’s weak to Flying and can’t faint, doesn’t make it totally easy. At least having a Dark-type helps for Swoobat… Looking forward to the stretch to Drayden, though. The game always gets interesting there!

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Awright, the main part of my Ultra Sun run is done. Better expect Episode RR in different style sooner or later. :rocketazurill:

Edit: Also started FireRed challenge for PokeCommunity's Get-Together (kinda like Smash Camp here but without the cabin system). I go by saniachan in that forum.

Last edited: