Pokémon The Challenger's Clan: Marriland Edition!

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
waves Hey guys. I have gotten back into pokemon with the help of shiny hunting again and I did start up a file for a US wonderlocke or we'll see what it ends up being. At the moment it's planned to be a wonderlocke since I hadn't touched the other file for a long time and just reset it to have a new file. Haven't gotten very far in it, but I've started writing at least a little bit alongside the playing to see if I have the stamina to do both. If not it might just be a list run like I used to do a while back.

I also thought about doing a furret solo in US or Moon since I was MM breeding for shiny furret/sentret as of late in my UM file. Another thought was doing a wonder trade challenge. So, we'll see. Maybe a future thing. Anyway, best of luck to everyone with your runs!

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
I did start up a file for a US wonderlocke
Just spent way to long trying to figure out how you could ensure you only wonder traded with the United States before realizing that meant Ultra Sun facepalm

Emilyeevee

Games and College Life
AKA
Emily
Time Zone
CT
Just spent way to long trying to figure out how you could ensure you only wonder traded with the United States before realizing that meant Ultra Sun facepalm
Lol. It's ok. We all have our moments of misreading or misunderstanding. There are a lot of acronyms for these pokemon games. Keeping them all straight can be hard sometimes or just remembering them in general.

A USA wondertrade thing would be possible. It'd just mean a lot of trading if I got someone who wasn't from the USA.

Reactions: SAF

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So having completed my Black 2 Ancient Greece challenge, I started a Platinum Nuzlocke. I do kinda like the Pokemon I have so far, even if Platinum is known for many using a lot of the same. As of here I'm right before entering the Valley Windworks, and Mars' Purugly can be a little scary. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this one before Sword and Shield release!

Amethyst

Junior Trainer
In the words of, well, myself from a few months ago:

Hey, All! I'm back for round... whatever. Many. Round many.

Nickname: Sasha

Name Color: Something Along these lines (9365B8)

Pokemon to represent you: Hitmonchan and Farfetch'd Durant this time, please!

Ongoing Challenges: I just posted about a Normal monotype I am starting in X here. I am also doing a Fire monotype (undocumented) in Black 2.

Past Challenges: A couple of Nuzlockes, several monotypes.

Other: Kone mop! Or maybe Pokemon.

tacobowler

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
US Central
Hey all. Just posted the final update for HeartGold (win or lose I'm not training all this again). I know it's been a bit since I posted here, but go check it out if you can!

Null

watching sad anime
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Null
me back

Nickname: idle/Null

Name Color: This

Pokemon to represent you: Greninja, Type: Null

Ongoing Challenges: ;) none yet

Past Challenges: uh like hg, b, forgot some but all failed/abandoned except my b2 fighting monotype

Other: pOkEmOn

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
I'm pretty much honored when a fellow Marrilander do the Nuzlocke variant I created (String Hexalocke) and mix it with something else for more challenge. In this case, might as well give a shoutout to @Vivid Stardust who started an Orderlocke x String Hexalocke challenge in Japanese Sword as they said in POM Discord.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I'm pretty much honored when a fellow Marrilander do the Nuzlocke variant I created (String Hexalocke) and mix it with something else for more challenge. In this case, might as well give a shoutout to @Vivid Stardust who started an Orderlocke x String Hexalocke challenge in Japanese Sword as they said in POM Discord.
Yep, I did that, and now I’m definitely obligated to finish it....
Just for reference, here’s the conversation with myself that I mentioned in the picture SAF took:

So yeah! I’m not going to be really recording the run, but I’ll let y’all know how it goes!

• Love
Reactions: SAF

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
A question for the challengers from a challenge newbie: when doing a Nuzlocke, is the run considered failed when the six Pokemon you have on hand all die, or once you're entirely out of reserves and what's in your boxes?

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
I've seen both alternatives being done, so it mostly depends on how you want to define it for your own run. Personally, I prefer to say the challenge is lost when the six Pokemon in my party all die, mainly because losing all your team members and training up six new ones is so tedious and demoralising that the challenge usually ends up being scrapped anyway. @Typhlosion

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Question for people who have done Mono Color challenges:

Is there a resource for seeing what Mono Colors are possible in what regions? As in, something similar to the Monotype spreadsheet that was posted on Reddit. If there isn’t something like that, is there any advice on which games work well for Mono Colors? I’m mostly asking since I’m planning on starting a Rainbow Mono Color + Rainbow Wedlocke challenge where I do a run for each of the ten colors, and it’s hard to tell whether a game will work for a certain color solely based on Bulbapedia...

Also, I’m getting in the mood to do challenges again (maybe because summer is coming up soon, and I’ll have time to do challenges), so I’ll be posting a bit more than usual, hopefully!

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Oh hey, this thread was revived. Anyway…

Well, the best thing to do is to take note of what Pokémon can be used in what regions. You can always check Bulbapedia to note which Pokémon can be used for each color.

Anyway, amidst all the not as heavy duty challenges I'm doing, I just started a White Nuzlocke. At first I felt like they weren't in great taste during a pandemic, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss doing them. Can only use each Pokémon Center once, Set mode, three healing items per battle. Maybe it'll be the start of something special. Perhaps. It was around this time five years ago that I had my daunting Black 2 Nuzlocke which was going rather well for a while but ended in an epic collapse nearing the league. (The old forum is gone though, so you can't view it even if you wanted to.) This won't be the same deal. Hopefully.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I hope it goes well for you, Pendra! And hey, you’ve gotten better at challenges since then, so I think it’ll be different from back then. Just take it one step at a time! (I know, easier said than done, and hypocritical coming from me.)

In the meantime, I’m going to be starting Truth in the Shadows as soon as this semester is over, and I’ll be trying to get as much done for all of my challenges (BtB, LaAC, FB, TC) as I can before June starts (and therefore Of Prisms and Promises starts because pride month). The other challenges I want to do can wait until July, at least, if not August.

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Unfortunately I've never heard of any resource for Monocolor challenges like the one you're describing. I had no idea the Monotype spreadsheet you linked existed either, so that's quite a cool resource to see.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So in regards to my White 2 challenge, I'm right before Clay, but I haven't posted the part before him. And with Shield, I beat Melony yesterday. But with how busy I am at work, I struggle to get the updates out. I do need to get those out soon.
So I didn't count either Mom or Accumula Town with automatic heals as gaining a point and having it used right away. With that, I have three healing points - Striaton, the Nursery Aide on Route 3, and Nacrene. Nurses and doctors, on the other hand, I'll only be counting them as a point that's used up right away. Furthermore, I added the level minimum that I had in the aforementioned Black 2, so I can deposit something if it's below the last Gym Leader's lowest level. No deaths so far, though, and that's good. I'm just hoping to tough it out a bit so I can buy the drinks once I'm in Castelia.

On an even better note, I caught a Throh in outer Pinwheel Forest, and I'm VERY excited about that.
I also started two other Nuzlockes, one on Platinum and one on Alpha Sapphire. The latter has me using an RNG to determine rules that my Pokémon get placed on themselves. Maybe I really DID miss doing them!

Also, on an unfortunate note, I decided to drop my X Time Warp challenge thread. I'll still play it on my own, but I already have two threads I'm having a hard time consistently keeping up with. Three is a bit much.

Last edited:

Feather32

Junior Trainer
So playing an undocumented Sword Nuzlocke. Got a couple of questions for you guys. Since you are forced to capture Xetrunus (sp?) do you count that as a capture/useable Pokemon, and should I count Island of Armor encounters since that is optional/extra DLC?

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
So playing an undocumented Sword Nuzlocke. Got a couple of questions for you guys. Since you are forced to capture Xetrunus (sp?) do you count that as a capture/useable Pokemon, and should I count Island of Armor encounters since that is optional/extra DLC?
I assume you're talking about Eternatus? Most people add a rule that they won't use legendary/mythical Pokemon, so if you're playing with that clause, it shouldn't matter at all. Otherwise, it would be fair game as long as it's the first Pokemon you find in that area, per the standard Nuzlocke rules.

I'm not familiar with how the DLC works. I thought you couldn't access it until after you've beaten the main game, in which case it's a non-issue. If I'm wrong about that, it's all up to you whether you want to go there and get the encounters.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Most won't bother to use Eternatus anyway. And as for the DLC, there will be different interpretations there.

As for my own Nuzlockes, I have a White 2 Challenge Mode Nuzlocke where I'm in Nimbasa, a Heart Gold Personalocke where I'm training for Red (and it's going by surprisingly fast, thank you Pokegear rematches + Lucky Egg), and a Y WonderWedlocke where I just finished with Team Flare today. All three with no healing in battle. 14 deaths in the very latter so far - it's been a big challenge!

Feather32

Junior Trainer
You can access it after you get to the Wild Area though I haven't went for encounters as of now. Only wondering because Rose wiped most of my team minus my Galarian Slowbro which is really discouraging. So I think I won't use Eternatus, but might go get an ecounter at Isle of Armor if anything grinding there should be easier when Chansey's spawn.

Last edited: