The Competitive Battling Quick Q&A Thread

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
So I've got a team with 5 perfect 'mons, and I'm stumped with what to put in the last slot.

Team is Charizard / Lapras / Grimmsnarl / Rotom Mow / Choice Band Rhyperior and... That's what I've got to fill. I don't have many physical Attackers, but I want something to pair up with Rhyperior and enable him to spam Choice Band Earthquakes.

I've currently got Offensive Trick Room Bronzong, but I've not chosen him once in the few games I've used the team :P. Kinda want something faster, maybe with Tailwind but doesn't add to my massive electric weakness.

(I did consider Lightning Rod Rhyperior, but it also draws allies moves, and I need those 3 electric moves on my team!)

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
The only I can think to add would maybe be Gallade?
You have a bit if a Fighting weakness, and Gallade is a great Physical attacker. It won't let Ryperiod spam EQs, but it will patch your weaknesses pretty well.
A Chouce Scarf set would probably work best for it

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
The only I can think to add would maybe be Gallade?
You have a bit if a Fighting weakness, and Gallade is a great Physical attacker. It won't let Ryperiod spam EQs, but it will patch your weaknesses pretty well.
A Chouce Scarf set would probably work best for it
I'v ejust noticed - Gardevoir gets 3 abilities (Trace, Synchronize, HA Telepathy), one of which is Telepathy which is REALLY USEFUL for me right now.

... And Gallade only gets 1 and a Hidden Ability.

I might look into Gallade, its just annoying he doesn't get Telepathy, but Medicham does (when he really needs Pure Power...)

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Yeah, it's a shame Gallade gets such mediocre abilities outside of it's Mega Evolution.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
Justified is certainly abusable in Doubles. His typing is pretty good as most Justified don't get the wide coverage he does. Just a shame he doesn't resist Dark, has low defence and his speed is pretty average.

I think Cobalion is the best Justified user, followed by Arcanine, Terrakion and Lucario. I'd put Virizion above Gallade though...

Best thing about the musketeers is their Speed stat, is outrun so much, especially after a Max Airstream from Bounce. Lucario is a poor man's Cobalion, but gets Extreme Speed and better Attack. Arcanine is always a suprirse, especially since there are so many Beat Up users than pair well with it and bluff the support set.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
Trying to find a use for my shiny Jynx, having never used Jynx in the best part of 20 years. Any ideas what to use it next?

I'm liking the idea of Fake Out and Lovely Kiss being so disruptive as a lead, but not sure what it's partners should be.

Rex

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
SW-5093-8160-1932
IGN
Ricky
Assuming this is for doubles? It's pretty frail so it might appreciate partners that can take the physical hits directed at it or otherwise threathen the things that would threaten it. Icy wind also seems like a good move for it if you're using it for disruption. I'm not super familiar with the doubles meta though so I can't really help that much. Jynx also just isn't that good unfortunately.

Anthrix

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
I think she's got potential as a really disruptive lead:

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I really want to hate this but, I can't think of anything that wouldn't want to focus it, turn one. But it's very difficult to, as first turn, something is getting flinched, and second turn, something is being put to sleep. Nothing else gets Fake Out and a Sleep Powder that works on Grass types, which is just nuts.

Thinking of pairing this up with stuff that had OHKO potential, and so offensive that you would want to be focusing that instead, but you can't. Cinderace is probably the main one, as it's one of two Fire types that doesn't have G Max Flare. It's just that Jynx is weak to every spread move, being Heat Wave, Fiery Wrath and Snarl. At least with Dry Skin, it's immune to Tapu Fini Muddy Water, which is a big problem for Jynx with with Misty Terrain. Cinderace had Gunk Shot for that.