Nuzlocke The Double Team Adventures ~ SAF and Pendraflare's ORAS String Hexalocke (Checkpoint: OR-Roxanne / AS-Wattson)

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Hello again, people. I know that we, @Pendraflare and SAF, have our own ongoing challenges (Ultra Moon Wonderlocke and Black Time Warp for him, Ultra Sun String Hexalocke and Platinum Scramble for me), but please allow us to present our String Hexalocke adventure in Hoenn. That's right, we're going to do this in ORAS. The co-op part was his idea, but the Hexalocke part was mine, so the rules for this one shall be explained by yours truly. :winkazurill:
  • The top 3 Nuzlocke rules are in effect: only first encounter per area can be caught, must name everything, and fainted Pokemon are basically dead (though in this case, I'd rather say that the Pokemon "breaks its instrument").
  • Dupes clause is recommended here because we'll classify Pokemon based on their types. In this case, we'll use primary type grouping for easier tracking. And please note that groupings may change depending on evolution (e.g. Eevee) or item-induced type change (e.g. Arceus) or form change (e.g. Oricorio). In-battle form change (e.g. Castform) doesn't count, though

• It will be up to our personal discretion when it comes to the gifts and eggs given by NPCs. I'm going to use them as bonus encounters, so let's see how Pendra will handle this. :hmmazurill:
  • Shiny and legendary Pokemon can be considered as virtuosos, so they can be caught as bonus encounters. However, only a virtuoso per instrument can be in the party at the same time (total up to 3 virtuosos).
  • HM buddies can be caught only if we absolutely have to. Their placement must follow the instrument grouping and must not be used for battles if they break the top 3 Nuzlocke rules.
  • All these rules only kick in after receiving the first Pokeballs.
  • We may personally set additional rules depending on the situation on hand (e.g.: how we handle Shedinja upon getting a Nincada, what to do in case either Pendra's 3DS or my emulator crashes, etc.).
Here are our encounter lists for this run. Just like in my Ultra Sun Hexalocke, everything here are given the status regarding their positions: "active" (in the party), "backup" (kept in the PC), or "broken" (fainted or "dead" in the general Nuzlocke term). And for Pendra's list, I'll update it as soon as he posts his updates.
Starter: :grovyle: Aevis the violinist (active)
Route 101: :beautifly: Fern the violist (active)
Route 102: :lombre: Valarie the violinist (backup)
Route 103: :mightyena: Zero the cellist (active)
Route 104: :wingull: Souta the violinist (backup)
Petalburg Woods: :vigoroth: Maria the violist (active)
Route 116: :whismur: Noel the violist (backup)
Dewford Town: :magikarp: Amaria the violinist (backup)
Granite Cave: :zubat: Venam the violist (backup)
Slateport City: :pikachubelle: Volta the violinist (active)
Route 110: :plusle: Julia the violinist (backup)
Route 117: :roselia: Corey the violinist (backup)
Rusturf Tunnel: :geodude: Adam the cellist (active)
Starter: :mudkip: Finley the violinist (active)
Route 101: :poochyena: Retriever the cellist (active)
Route 102: :beautifly: Wisp the violist (active)
Route 103: :zigzagoon: Checker the violist (active)
Route 104: :wingull: Drift the violinist (active)
Petalburg Woods: :slakoth: Flash the violist (backup)
Route 116: :nincada: Rookie the violist (backup)
Also, we're going to have some sort of checkpoint battles in Showdown after every gyms or so. All instruments will be repaired after these battles (read: no death counts here) because it's just for fun. I'm still going to record how many wins and loses for this one, though.
PlayerSAFPendraflare
Win​
0​
1​
Lose​
1​
0​
Draw​
0​
0​

Replays:
That being said, stay tuned and enjoy. :winkazurill:

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Alright, just popping in to confirm that I'll be doing this alongside her. I'll do Omega Ruby, she'll do Alpha Sapphire. We decided on this because, as I said, I already have Gen V and VII challenges going on (and she has a USUM challenge currently anyway). Expect an update from me in due time. She'll be using screenshots, but I won't, I mean they add some touch to it but they take a lot out of me (especially given I'm already documenting two challenges with them), and my capture 3DS is a pretty weak system. Hope that doesn't disappoint you guys too much, but that's what I'm settling with.

Reactions: SAF

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Good luck to both of you!

Just a question: is the co-op part simply that you're both doing the same challenge? Or is there going to be some interaction?

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
@SkylarAlpha Whoa there, thank you. :happyazurill:

And sorry for not mentioning this before. We're going to have checkpoint battles in Showdown after every gym battles. Just for fun, y'see. :hmmazurill:

Should I start then?

Meet Aevia, a girl from Johto who's just moving to Hoenn with her family. Well, more like with her mom, though, because her dad went ahead. You know what I mean, right? :winkazurill:

Her new house is on the right side where her mom had been waiting. The two checked out the new house as well as Aevia's new room upstairs. She set up the clock in her room, then went downstairs only to miss a TV show featuring her dad's "office", Petalburg Gym. She was disappointed, but that didn't stop her from introducing herself to the next-door neighbors, Professor Birch's family. The professor himself wasn't home at the moment, so she only got to meet his wife and son, Brendan.

Introductions ensued between the kids. Brendan even offered Aevia to catch a Pokemon for her, but he had to delay it because he had to help his father with his field work. Like father like son, indeed.
Aevia then went out to Route 101 only to find Professor Birch in trouble.

Yep, a :poochyena: had been chasing him. She grabbed a :treecko: from his bag and fought the :poochyena: with it (or more like "him" since the :treecko: is a boy). Long story short, the professor was saved and the two went back to his lab.

According to Professor Birch, Aevia could be a good Pokemon trainer like her father, so he decided to entrust her with the :treecko: from before. She then named the :treecko: Aevis and went to Route 103 to meet Brendan there.
She went north to Oldale Town where she had Aevis :treecko: healed up and got some Potions from a Pokemart clerk as promotional items, then kept going straight to Route 103. As expected, Brendan was there.

Brendan | Aevia
:torchic: | Aevis :treecko:
  • Scratch (critical hit) | Pound
  • Scratch (critical hit) | Pound
  • Scratch | Pound
  • Scratch | Pound
  • - (broke the violin) | Pound
The two then went back to the lab, but not without Brendan healing everyone up. Both his :torchic: and Aevis :treecko:, that is.

Back in the lab, Professor Birch gave Aevia a Pokedex. Brendan already has one, but it's not like they're going to share the same Pokedex anyway. 😅
She also got some Pokeballs from Brendan, so that means she finally can catch stuffs. Yay. :happyazurill:

Once she stepped back to Route 101, Brendan caught up with her. He updated her Pokenav Plus with Dexnav to help her with catching Pokemon. And speaking of catching Pokemon, she got Fern the male :wurmple: there. Brendan also taught her about the hidden Pokemon and how to approach them, though Aevia's still not sure whether she's going to catch such Pokemon or not.

More captures ensued in Routes 102 and 103 where she caught Valarie the female :lotad: (not to be mistaken with XY's Fairy gym leader, Valerie) and Zero the male :poochyena: respectively. She also battled trainers and grabbed some berries en route to Petalburg City.

As soon as she's arrived at Petalburg City, she decided to visit her daddy, Norman, in his gym. However...

His name is Wally, and he asked for help to catch a Pokémon. Norman lent him his :zigzagoon: and had Aevia help him with the capture. So what did he get?

Yes, it's a :ralts:. A male one to boot. Wally managed to catch it, then returned the :zigzagoon: to Norman. As a thank-you gift, he added the Playnav feature to her Pokenav Plus before leaving the gym.
And speaking of gyms, Norman may be a gym leader himself, but he'd rather wait for Aevia to get stronger by the time their father-and-daughter battle ensues. Instead, she went to Rustboro City to challenge the gym there at his suggestion. But not without some preparations, though.
Violinist
:treecko: Aevis (Boy)
Level: 9
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Modest
Moves: Pound, Leer, Absorb, Quick Attack

:lotad: Valarie (Girl)
Level: 6
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Brave
Moves: Teeter Dance, Growl, Absorb

Violist
:wurmple: Fern (Boy)
Level: 6
Ability: Shield Dust
Nature: Impish
Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting

Cellist
:poochyena: Zero (Boy)
Level: 5
Ability: Run Away
Nature: Quirky
Moves: Tackle, Howl
If you're familiar with Pokemon Reborn and Rejuvenation, don't be surprised if you see their characters appear as Pokemon names here. It's my naming theme, after all. :winkazurill: Also, please note that aliases (e.g. Kenneth and Keta) and reincarnations (e.g. Vivian, Taelia, and Aelita) are treated as different names for the purpose of naming stuffs.
I'm still not sure about Pendra's naming theme, though. Heck, I even don't know whether he'll use one, so don't ask me about it, 'kay? 😅

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Alright, let's get to it! Enjoy.
  • Started the game, chose the guy and named him Ludwig. After of course, one Ludwig von Beethoven.
  • After being held captive in a truck for some time and having to crash residence in house of our new neighbor, we had to save some puzzled guy named Professor Birch from a Poochyena. I took Mudkip and, after beating the Poochyena with it, named it Finley.
  • We then made our way through Route 101 to Oldale Town and (after getting Potions from a so-called super kindhearted clerk) from there to Route 103, where May was learning about Pokemon before suddenly noticing me. And wanting to battle! Tackle was a clean-cut 3HKO on her Treecko. We then went back to the lab again, and got the Pokedex and some Poke Balls to catch some Pokemon with!
  • On Route 101, while May was teaching me how to use the DexNav, I encountered a Poochyena, which had Fire Fang. I caught it pretty easily and named it Retriever. Then on Route 103, we had a Zigzagoon that I caught immediately and named Checker, giving me one of each group. Then on Route 102 we had a Wurmple that I named Wisp. There wasn't anything of note from any of the trainers on Route 102 as far as near fatal moments go. Retriever even scored a burn and flinch against a mirror-match to finish it xD
  • Then in Petalburg City, I met with Mr. Dad Norman, who was also met with Wally, who he gave a Pokemon and a Poke Ball to catch his own Pokemon with. Uh, okay, be nicer to him than me??? Well, he then sent me off to get Gym Badges. Uh okay lol
Violin:
(M) "Finley", Level 8
Stats: 28, 17, 15, 13, 12, 11
Moves: Growl, Tackle, Water Gun

Violas:
(M) "Checker", Level 5
Ability: Pickup
Stats: 20, 9, 10, 9, 9, 11
Moves: Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip

(F) "Wisp", Level 6
Stats: 23, 12, 10, 8, 8, 9
Moves: Poison Sting, String Shot, Tackle

Cello:
(F) "Retreiver", Level 6
Stats: 22, 12, 9, 10, 9, 12
Moves: Howl, Fire Fang
Pokedex: 8
Time: 0:32
Money: 3440P
So this is off to a decent start, if predictable. I could've likely went for one of the more exciting DexNav Pokemon or tried for a Seedot, but that would've sucked to have to lug around with no attacks. And I'm glad I got Poochyena and Zigzagoon with Run Away and Pickup respectively, because the former becomes Intimidate and the latter can find some interesting stuff later on. And I'm not using a nicknaming theme, since I'm nowadays not good at thinking of them, haha.

Reactions: SAF

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sorry for the wait. It actually took a long time just to update this. Mostly thanks to irl stuffs, but I also had some trouble with uploading the screenshots. It's already resolved now, though. :winkazurill:
Having done with her preparations, Aevia went to Route 104 where she caught Souta the male :wingull:. Unfortunately, Souta :wingull: had to wait in the PC because the violinist slots are already full. She also met Mr. Briney and his :wingull:, Peeko, there.

And oh, Fern :wurmple: evolved into :silcoon: of all things, so Aevia can expect a :beautifly: in her squad.

Going into Petalburg Woods, she managed to recruit Maria the female :slakoth:. Unfortunately, seems like this new violist can't scratch her way out because she has the move Curse instead of Scratch. That, and given how Curse works for non-ghosties, Aevia needs to be extra patient to train her, at least until she can fend for herself.
The girl then bumped into a Devon employee who's getting ambushed by a Team Aqua grunt (if it were Ludwig, the ambusher would be a Team Magma grunt instead).

Aevia went like, "Err, what?" at this point, yet she stepped up to protect the employee. That being said, Aevis :treecko: actually played a huge part for scaring this grunt off. The employee gave Aevia an Exp. Share before running off to Rustboro City. She tried to catch up to him but no longer could do so once she's out from the forest, thus having to make her way to Rustboro City all by herself.

Here in Rustboro City, Aevia visited people and collected stuffs (including HM Cut which Maria :slakoth: got to learn right away) as soon as she briefly met Brendan in front of the PokeMart. She also healed up her squad and managed to catch Noel the male :whismur: at Route 116 while she's at it. That being done, she decided to try the local gym out.

Led by Roxanne, this gym is full of kids with Rock-type Pokemon. Aevia got interested by all the fossils displayed there, but that didn't stop her from battling the kids there. Heck, one of them even let Fern :silcoon: evolve into :beautifly: of all things.

She eventually made her way to the gym leader and challenged her.

Roxanne | Aevia
:geodude: | Valarie :lotad:
  • Rock Tomb | Bubble (ate the Oran Berry)
  • Potion to :geodude: (broke the cello) | Absorb
:nosepass: | Valarie :lotad:
  • Tackle | Bubble
  • Tackle | Switch to Aevis :treecko:
:nosepass: | Aevis :treecko:
  • Rock Tomb | Absorb
  • - (broke the cello) | Mega Drain
For winning this gym battle, Aevia got the Stone Badge and TM Rock Tomb from Roxanne. And oh, Valarie :lotad: evolved too. She became a :lombre: as soon as the battle finished.

Back outside, Aevia saw the very same Devon employee chasing after another Aqua grunt (or the same one?) who managed to snatch an important stuff. "What the heck?" curiosity ensued from the girl's part, so she chased after the employee.
Violinist
:treecko: Aevis (Boy)
Level: 15
Moves: Pound, Mega Drain, Absorb, Quick Attack

:lombre: Valarie (Girl)
Level: 14
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Brave
Moves: Teeter Dance, Echoed Voice, Absorb, Bubble

Violist
:beautifly: Fern (Boy)
Level: 12
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Tackle, Absorb, Poison Sting, Gust

:slakoth: Maria (Girl)
Level: 12
Ability: Truant
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Curse, Yawn, Slack Off, Cut

Cellist
Level: 11
Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite
Mmmkay, Roxanne shouldn't be a big deal if you don't choose :torchic: as your starter and/or managed to get something like :lotad: or :seedot: somehow. In my case, Aevis :treecko: and Valarie :lombre: (then :lotad:) did a good job as violinists to the point of them being overleveled compared to everyone else. The Rock Tomb from her :geodude: nearly gave me a heart attack though, for it managed to get Valarie :lombre: (then :lotad:) to eat her Oran Berry (yes, I had everybody hold one each).

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Alright, finally got the next update ready! Enjoy.
-On Route 104, I ran into a Wurmple and a Zigzagoon before I came to a Wingull, and after three failed Poke Balls from 1/3 or so, I brought in Retriever to use a not very effective Fire Fang, which got it into the red… But it was burned, and still lived a turn. I caught it and named it Drift. One trainer wasn't tough, another required some stat lowering to take care of. Afterwards, Wisp evolved into Silcoon!
-Then in Petalburg Woods, my first non-dupe encounter was a Slakoth that I got with the DexNav, and as I caught it I named it Flash. But because I already had two other Violas, I deposited it. I dealt with a Bug Catcher and then had a Team Magma grunt to contend with! Drift lowered his Attack to -2 before my mirror-match dealt a Fire Fang for a moderate hit, but a critical hit made me bring in Checker, who took it from there. I got the Exp. Share and dealt with one more opponent who had a Nincada. We were then back on Route 104. Checker lowered Lady Cindy's mirror-match down to -6 Attack, but it took a bit of time for me to finish. There was a Shroomish that I cut the Defense of to have Retriever deal with that. Or try to, but it lived with 1 HP, paralyzed me, got in a Leech Seed and I got fully paralyzed. Drift finished it. And we had a double battle that couldn't do much to me. And a Fisherman with three Magikarp. After beating him, Wisp evolved into Beautifly!
-In Rustboro City, I met with May and got a few items, like HM01 for Cut and the Quick Claw, before going over to Route 116. There I ended up with a Nincada, and caught it and named it Rookie. The only highlight trainer was a Lass with a Marill that used Rollout, and would have KO'd Checker if it had hit with the fifth usage even as I kept using Sand-Attack, but it missed the fifth hit and Finley handled it.
-Once we were done there, we took to the Gym! After the simple trainers, I went back to get some of my team to Level 13 before going back in. Then it was Gym Leader time! I led with Finley against Geodude, and got her to waste her Potion but took a Rock Tomb for just under 1/3 before getting rid of it, and Finley grew to Level 14. Nosepass was next and I switched out to Checker to handle that, or lower her Attack big with Baby-Doll Eyes. I was able to get her Attack to -6 and accuracy to -3 before switching out as she got her Defense boosted. As bold as it may seem, I switched in Drift, who was able to 3HKO her for the win. With that, I got the Stone Badge and TM39 for Rock Tomb, which is cool…
-But on the way out, we ran into a Team Magma grunt who was stealing some stuff! We'll take after him next time. That'll be it for now.
Violin:
(M) "Finley", Level 14
Stats: 41, 26, 24, 20, 18, 16
Moves: Growl, Mud-Slap, Tackle, Water Gun

(F) "Drift", Level 13
Stats: 34, 13, 17, 19, 13, 30
Moves: Growl, Supersonic, Water Gun, Wing Attack

Violas:
(M) "Checker", Level 13
Ability: Pickup
Stats: 36, 15, 19, 15, 16, 21
Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Headbutt, Sand-Attack, Tail Whip

(F) "Wisp", Level 13
Stats: 42, 26, 20, 32, 18, 25
Moves: Absorb, Gust, Harden, Poison Sting

Cello:
(F) "Retreiver", Level 12
Stats: 34, 20, 15, 15, 13, 18
Moves: Bite, Fire Fang, Howl, Sand-Attack
(will add Trainer Card and extra thoughts later)

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
O~kay, Pendra won the first checkpoint battle. Here's the link: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6anythinggoes-888015979
Let's get back to the adventure~ :whistleazurill:
Managing to catch up with the Devon employee, Aevia was told that he desperately needed to reclaim the stuff stolen by the Aqua grunt from before. She gave him A-OK and went through Route 116 where the grunt went to, eventually reaching Rusturf Tunnel. She met Mr. Briney again in front of the tunnel, this time calling out to Peeko :wingull:. Apparently the thief from before managed to kidnap Peeko :wingull: as well.

Inside, Aevia found the thief holding Peeko :wingull: hostage, yet he claimed that his hostage were useless. He tried to fight her with his :poochyena: but still was no match to Aevis :treecko:. Instead, he helped Aevis :treecko: to evolve into :grovyle:.

The grunt then gave the stuff back to Aevia and skedaddled, leaving her and Peeko :wingull: alone. Just when the girl was going to get out, Mr. Briney came to fetch his beloved :wingull:. He also offered her a helping hand in case she needs anything. That being done, she went back to Rustboro to give the thing back to the employee. He then gave her a Great Ball as his thanks and took her to Devon Corporation to meet the president, Mr. Stone.

Knowing that Aevia helped his staff out, Mr. Stone asked her to deliver a letter to this man named Steven who should be at Dewford Town. It can be reached via Mr. Briney's ship docked at Route 104. In return, he added the Buzznav feature to her Pokenav Plus before seeing her off.

Back at Route 104, the girl asked Mr. Briney to take her to Dewford Town. Of course, given what kind of gym she's up to next, doing this after Souta :wingull:'s training should've made sense at this point.

Okay, please excuse Peeko :wingull:'s pose here.
Once they arrived, Aevia wandered around the town. One of the townsfolk gave her an old rod, so that means she can do some fishing. She got Amaria the female :magikarp: in the town and decided to save her Route 106 encounter for later. The girl then had some training sessions at Granite Cave where she got Venam the female :zubat: before challenging the local gym led by Brawly.

It's pretty dark in there, yet it failed to curb her desire to take the gym on. That, and the workout stuffs didn't help either.

Brawly | Aevia
:machop: | Souta :wingull:
  • Karate Chop | Wing Attack
  • - (broke the cello) | Wing Attack
:makuhita: | Souta :wingull:
  • Bulk Up | Wing Attack
  • - (broke the cello) | Wing Attack
Breezed through the gym, Aevia got the Knuckle Badge and TM Bulk Up from Brawly. He also told her that Steven went to Granite Cave, thus making it her next destination.
Violinist
:grovyle: Aevis (Boy)
Level: 17
Moves: Fury Cutter, Mega Drain, Absorb, Quick Attack

:wingull: Souta (Boy)
Level: 15
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Water Pulse, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack

Violist
Moves: Stun Spore, Absorb, Poison Sting, Gust

Moves: Feint Attack, Yawn, Slack Off, Cut

Cellist
Level: 16
Moves: Tackle, Roar, Sand Attack, Bite
Just like Roxanne, I'd say that Brawly is surprisingly easy for a gym. I mean, I did get Souta :wingull: prepared for this gym battle, but I didn't expect him to solo it big time. That, and neither held items nor medicines used this time (not even Oran Berry). :thonkazurill:

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sorry for the long wait, folks. I kinda waited for Pendra to post his part, but he couldn't for whatever reasons. That, and apparently I'm the thread owner, so that's why I'm going to revive this thread with more updates. :whistleazurill:
Now that Aevia's done with Brawly, she went back to Granite Cave to grab a TM for Flash and look for Steven. And there he was, having a look at this ancient mural:

He had been thinking about whatever the mural is about right before noticing the girl. She gave him the letter from Mr. Stone earlier. In return, he gave her TM Steel Wing and let her see the mural before leaving. Upon closer inspection...

It sure made her curious, but that had to wait. For now, all she got to do is going back to Mr. Briney. He told her about Mr. Stone's another favor: the stuffs from before had to go to Captain Stern at Slateport shipyard, so that's where their next destination was.

As soon as they arrived, Aevia decided to battle everyone at Seashore House, Route 109 and got 6 bottles of Soda Pops as a reward for all those battles. She also battled everybody at the beach while she's at it.

Just north from the beach is Slateport City where the shipyard, the Contest Hall and Slateport Market are. There's also the Oceanic Museum full of Team Aqua (or Team Magma in Ludwig's case) baddies lining up for whatever reasons.

The girl decided to shrug the crowd off and went to the shipyard instead. But unfortunately, Captain Stern wasn't there. She was told that he went off to the Oceanic Museum. And by the time she went back there, the long line had already gone.

And what did she find? A total chaos, thanks to the baddies. One of them, whom Aevia had beaten before, gave her TM Thief and ran off in embarassment.

This guy, I mean.
The girl then went upstairs to find Captain Stern. However, the Aqua baddies intervened just when she was going to give him his stuffs. They said their boss wanted the stuff only for Aevis :grovyle: and Maria :slakoth: to (ironically for Maria :slakoth:) make a quick work out of them. This allowed Zero :poochyena: to evolve into :mightyena:

And then there's the boss of Team Aqua, Archie, gracing everyone with his presence.

He babbled about the sea being important for Pokemon, blah blah blah, then withdrew his squad. Captain Stern left as well, and so did Aevia who felt like moving on from whatever happened. However, there's quite a crowd in front of the Contest Hall just when she was going to hit the road again. This time it's about a contest idol, Lisia, and her :altaria:, Ali.

Apparently they're visiting Slateport City for a talent scouting, and Lisia somehow named Aevia as the new talent. She gave her a Contest Pass and a Pokeblock Kit as the "starter kit" and invited her to a contest. The girl would've skipped it if it weren't for Fern :beautifly:, though. Seems like he felt clever enough to try his luck for the contest. However, Lisia immediately dragged Aevia to the changing room and had her changed to a contest dress just when she was going to take on the Cleverness Contest with Fern :beautifly:.

And they ended up as the runner-up of that particular contest.

Back in the changing room, Lisia comforted the first-timer coordinator, telling her that there's no shame for not winning at the first try. "Thanks, Lisia," Aevia said before leaving. And then there's a random breeder who gave her a female :pikachucosplay: wearing similar outfit as hers, dubbed as Pikachu Pop Star :pikachupopstar:. Upon accepting said :pikachupopstar:, Aevia decided to name her Volta. The breeder also told her to drop by the changing room whenever she wants to change Volta :pikachupopstar:'s outfit. She immediately complied, and Volta :pikachupopstar: became Pikachu Belle :pikachubelle: instead.
Violinist
Level: 20
Moves: Fury Cutter, Mega Drain, Pursuit, Quick Attack

:wingull: Souta (Boy)
Level: 18
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Water Pulse, Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack

Violist
Level: 19
Moves: Stun Spore, Absorb, Poison Sting, Gust

Moves: Feint Attack, Yawn, Slack Off, Cut

Cellist
:mightyena: Zero (Boy)
Level: 18
Moves: Tackle, Snarl, Sand Attack, Bite
I love how GameFreak managed to put a Mettaur's helmet in Slateport shipyard. :lolazurill:

FYI, this is Mettaur (or simply known as Met) from MegaMan series. Its appearances vary between series, so here's the one from Battle Network series:
PS: Dear @Pendraflare, I recently made you as this thread's second owner. Hopefully you can post here whenever you can even if I'm not around (cmiiw for this one). Also, I've already left my Brawly gym squad in my Showdown in case you're back. :winkazurill:

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Again, it's been a long time since the last time I posted here. I just recently came back to this run with quite a job of re-adapting myself with how String Hexalocke works (despite I was the one who made it in the first place). That, and I also had to replace my screenshots with the new ones because Tinypic no longer works for whatever reasons. Sorry for the inconvenience. :upsidedownazurill:
Aevia finally got to hit the road for real. She managed to snag Julia the female :plusle: at Route 110. Not without overhearing some more Aqua baddies, though.

And then they left without even noticing her. Being ignored, she decided to do more training with the trainers at Route 110 and 103 as she moved on. That sure was what allowed Maria :slakoth: to evolve into :vigoroth:.

She also met Brendan at Route 110 where they battled for the second time.

Brendan | Aevia
:wailmer: | Aevis :grovyle:
  • Whirlpool | Mega Drain
  • - (broke the violin) | Mega Drain
:combusken: | Souta :wingull:
  • Flame Charge | Water Pulse
  • Flame Charge (broke the violin) | Water Pulse
:shroomish: | Fern :beautifly:
  • - (broke the violin) | Air Cutter
Brendan then healed everyone up (both his and Aevia's teams, I mean) and gave Aevia the Dowsing Machine to look for stuffs. The two then left for their own destinations with Aevia's being Mauville City.

As soon as she arrived there, she saw Wally begging his uncle to let him challenge the gym there. However, his uncle seemed to be adamant about not letting him do so, hence Wally's request for a battle.

Wally | Aevia
:ralts: | Volta :pikachubelle:
  • Teleport (failed) | Thunder Wave
  • - (paralyzed) | Icicle Crash
  • - (broke the cello) | Quick Attack

Upon Wally's defeat, both he and his uncle returned to Verdanturf Town. Not without his uncle giving the girl HM Rock Smash, though. Aevia then had a little bit of training session at Route 117 where she got Corey the male :roselia: before going back to Mauville Gym.

Upon entering the gym, Aevia had one job: she had to maneuver through the electric barriers and battled the trainers there. Maria :vigoroth: and Volta :pikachubelle: took most of them out with Zero :mightyena: helping out a little bit. That being done, she made her way to the gym leader, Wattson.

Wattson | Aevia
:magnemite: | Volta :pikachubelle:
  • Volt Switch (failed due to Volta :pikachubelle:'s Lightning Rod) | Rock Smash
  • - (broke the violin) | Rock Smash
:voltorb: | Volta :pikachubelle:
  • - (flinched) | Icicle Crash
  • - (broke the violin) | Icicle Crash
:magneton: | Volta :pikachubelle:
  • Supersonic | Rock Smash
  • Magnet Bomb | Rock Smash
  • - (broke the violin) | Rock Smash
Now that Aevia won the gym battle with no problems at all, she got the Dynamo Badge and TM Volt Switch from Wattson. She then decided to visit Wally at Verdanturf Town. Unfortunately, he wasn't around by the time she got there, so she went to Rusturf Tunnel to grab Adam the male :geodude: and had Maria :vigoroth: to help Wanda, Wally's cousin, to reunite with her boyfriend while they're at it.
Violinist
Level: 24
Moves: Fury Cutter, Mega Drain, Pursuit, Leaf Blade

:pikachubelle: Volta (Girl)
Level: 23
Ability: Lightning Rod
Moves: Quick Attack, Electro Ball, Rock Smash, Icicle Crash

Violist
Level: 23
Moves: Stun Spore, Absorb, Poison Sting, Air Cutter

:vigoroth: Maria (Girl)
Level: 22
Ability: Vital Spirit
Moves: Feint Attack, Rock Smash, Slack Off, Cut

Cellist
:mightyena: Zero (Boy)
Level: 22
Moves: Tackle, Snarl, Swagger, Bite

:geodude: Adam (Boy)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Hasty
Moves: Mud Sport, Rock Polish, Rollout, Magnitude
Again, the gym battle ended up with another solo performance. In Wattson's case, Volta :pikachubelle: was the soloist here. Thanks to her Lightning Rod, using Volt Switch became totally pointless from Wattson's part. Not without his :magneton: being a drag though, for it managed to confuse Volta :pikachubelle: and had me to pray that she would pull herself together (which she thankfully did).

Last edited: