Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610

"Long ago, there lived beings, ones imbued with power over the world itself. They thrived in the anarchy of their age; there were no gods to watch over their nefarious deeds and no humans to impede their way. They swarmed the oceans with corruption, and the underground became consumed in their offspring. Eventually, they had even conquered the land, each creature as revolting as the last.

After millennia, as if in a flash, deities sprung from the nothingness, scorching the sky, and for the only time in their lives, united. As this happened, the material plane was cleansed, and the land made fertile with the remains of the hideous beasts. They had thought this good, that now they had control, and that now new life may emerge.

They forged their own kin, elves, dwarves, goblins, dragonborn, and man to name but a few. These races relatively began instant feuds, dividing their gods equally so, as they only derived power from their followers. Some fell from power or from grace, and few mortals rose to it. However, those fallen refused to die, creating monsters, demons, devils, dungeons... and dragons."

"As abruptly as they were triumphed, the defiant horrors returned to the surface, though in a much slier fashion.

An opportunity was found among the brash rivalries, only after several thousand years. The races were too caught up in their pride to think, too loud to hear the slumbering secrets, and most too blind to catch the clues. Brains were probed and transformed, indoctrinated away from their gods. Some deities are now weakened where-in they now must culminate themselves to the world to retain relevance, and some even weaker that they cannot do so at all.

Consequentially, the demons refused to allow these scoundrels to become the victors. Despite having infinite planes to call home, this world was something they could never have, not until now.

The grounds now run rampant with the gnolls of Yeenoghu, undead servants of Orcus, oozes of Juiblex, and many others uncountable. Lo, they do not co-operate any better in this siege than they had before, something easy to overcome by those that are allied on the plane. The earthly races had only little advantage, but they used it well. Dwarves hold fast with superior strength, elves sharp with the bow and the arcane, man with their courage. These outsiders knew nothing but deceit, they could never be known as heroes of the mind.

Most who fight these forces either return dead or almost. Some, even, are better off so. These are two grand powers using their planet as nothing more than a chess board, a game of only two players. But a small portion of people, those trained for combat, those that have vanquished these forces before, stand up. Daring barbarians, earthly druids, righteous paladins, vigilant rangers, they seek glory not only for themselves, but for their races. To be known as the heroes of the material plane, to have surmounted those that only gods have before. That, my friends, is a fate they seek, and the one they may very well fall upon if they see it through."

"Now, heroes, do me proud, and never forfeit to those devils!"

1. All roleplaying and forum rules apply, silly.
2. Though with discretion advised, one may create their stories of the lands. Many parts are left unknown to foreigners, and more importantly this is a shared experience, in the spirit of the tabletop game.
3. Once again, similar to Dungeons & Dragons, I will convey the story and control various NPCs whilst you remain the center of the story. Keep this in mind when you plan on introducing outside aspects.
4. Posts do not have a length requirement, but you are encouraged to be elaborate.
5. I will only accept six players at maximum unless somebody isn't thoroughly active. This is not a requirement to stay in the roleplay, however. (0/6)
6. Although private affairs, various side plots, and inquiries may be carried out through this discord, please keep main role-play to this forum for the sake of simplicity.
7. Please try to keep a similar alignment through the party, or at least don't try to kill the party.

If you wish to have additional information on the Dungeons & Dragons property, you may refer to this pdf, but not all information may apply to this adaptation. Basic details on all valid classes and races will be provided in the following texts as well.

Note: There will not be a forum to roleplay in for this particular story until a party is formed.

(page 1/5)

Last edited:

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Classes

Barbarian
Barbarians hail from the wild, always on their feet and ready for danger. They prove unyielding in combat, able to enter a primitive state known as a "rage" where they throw aside all fear to pummel their foes into submission.

Bard
Bards are inspiring musicians who use their art to turn the tides of battle, imbuing magic into their songs and hope into hearts. Most are able to pick up many skills throughout their life, traveling from city to city for gossip and rumors.

Clerics
Clerics are devout priests that use the power of their divine faith to punish the wicked, but recently they've had to hold on much stronger to these ideas, as their power itself is waning. Only the best of the best have been able to fight.

Druids
Druids believe that the material plane itself is worthy of praise, wielding worldly powers and calling upon nature itself to aid them in their endeavors. As the more complacent breed of wilderness-dwellers, they have also studied the beasts inhabiting the world, adopting their form when seen fit.

Fighters
Only the most well-trained warriors can call themselves a fighter. They have studied the blade to a science, and know exactly how to use their weaponry, as well as what the enemy can do with theirs.

Monk
Monks have mastered the spirit and the body, conceiving a sort of internal faith and a direct connection to the earth, the gods, and the universe, or so they claim. They seek perfection in all things, and find earthly pursuits trivial.

Paladin
Paladins fight for their beliefs by blade, holy smites pulsing through their guided hands. Their stamina is rarely matched, and follow strict tenets to honor their deity. They must carry their names higher more than ever now, and find it difficult to not fall under the "holier than thou" stereotype.

Ranger
Rangers protect the outskirts of civilization, keeping monsters from ever entering their city or raiding their clan. Most have a strong belief in honor, but some hunt for sport.

Rogue
Rogues are masters of stealth and of intrigue. They have figured out how the mind works, and abuse these functions to the best of their ability. They have sharpened their skills as they have their daggers, and some see this war as an opportunity for discourse.

Sorcerer
Sorcerers have inherited their powers from a blessing or a bloodline, and little choice in the matter. However, they have gained the ability to manipulate their magics in a way unlike any others, and use this to their advantage.

Wizard
Wizards are the classic students of the arcane, studying harder than any other to work smarter. They have mastered magic and some seek to create their own spells, but may be lost without their spellbooks.

Races

Aasimar
Aasimar are partly angelic beings sent from the upper planes, or at have connections to them. They tend to hide these powers, but unleash them when most necessary.

Dragonborn
Dragonborn aren't truly so, but rather creations of the dragon gods, Bahamut and Tiamat, among many. They keep close-knit clans, and seek to glorify their deity.

Dwarf
Dwarves are sturdy, hard-working, and have strong beliefs in honor and blood. Though they are short, they make up for this in duty.

Elf
Elves are ageless and clever, gaining the wisdom of ten lifetimes throughout one of theirs. They take up swords and spells as more of an art, and exemplify their self-righteousness with their actions.

Half-Elf
Half-Elves are misfits, but derive the best attributes of Elf and Man into one. They rarely gain respect from their peers, but have plenty of potential with their words and their proficiency.

Halfling
Halflings are even shorter than a dwarf, and find domestic life to be bliss. They are kind and curious, and would likely never leave their towns if not for their friends.

Half-Orc
Half-Orcs are ferocious warriors that take more after their namely ancestors than those left in the dust. They are strong enough to impede death itself, but violence is sometimes all they know.

Human
Humans are smart to the ways of the world, being industrious and brave. They make up the majority of the population and are well-rounded in their approach.

Tabaxi
Tabaxi are a devious, most literally cat-like race that excel in agility and larceny.

Tiefling
Tieflings are men born with demonic blood, and find it most especially difficult to connect with others now. Most had fallen to evil, and more now, but few spit on their tormentors, and use their firey attitude and powers to take them down.

Triton
Triton hail from the sea, and vaguely resemble elves in their nobility. Though they find the land strange, some have found the ocean too difficult to inhabit now.

(Page 2/5)

Last edited:

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Factions

Dwarf Fortress
Consisting of dwarves and travelers from the plane of fire, the Dwarf Fortress inhabits uncorrupted chasms and have been developing stupendous technology. Most non-magical constructs originate from this faction, and will gladly provide their hammer or blade.

The Glacial Covenant
Led by a proud, white-scaled dragonborn who serves as the face of an even greater white dragon. He was once known as a legendary hero, and had ties to the Legion of Death: the faction of demons and undead. More specifically their leader, one of five terrifying liches. They had once worked together until his betrayal, and the dragonborn is glad for an opportunity at revenge.

Heavenburst
Consisting of only the most devout, this faction is headed by powerful angels who only seek the destruction of demons, overlooking the Sunken Tomb (the ancients) lest they get in the way. This concentration of faith only further scares away those who don't have full belief, but further instills power in those that do.

Praesidia
This faction consists of an elite guard, headquarted in a small town known as Carningsby. Mostly housing humans and their halfway counterparts, they have made it a quest to protect the innocent, and find their purpose now more than ever. Sometimes at a fee, they keep safe kingdoms from the demonic invaders, but will mend those wounded within regardless of circumstance.

(Page 3/5)

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Character Sheet

Name (Based off of race, preferably. Human names may be those used in real life)
Sex
Race (If you do not wish to choose any listed race, you may inquire privately)

Class (If you really want to be a warlock, please privately submit your character concept to me beforehand)

Age (Age does not explicitly matter, but do follow racial guidelines)

Faction (Only choose from the listed or inquire privately. There are various unnamed minor factions I have plotted out, and I may be able to attribute one to your idea)

Armaments (Armor, weapons, magic items. If you think a magical item may be too powerful, you may inquire privately, but being that this is roleplay it should be fine as long as you adhere to the roleplaying rules)

Text Color

Accomplices (Friends, pets, etc.)

Appearance (Provide a brief description or an image, I don't care)
Biography (Write this in-character, preferably, so that I don't waste your time with separating personality from backstory)

If you have any questions about racial guidelines, please bring them to PMs or Discord!
Additionally, if I'm missing anything, see above.

(Page 4/5)

Last edited:

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Player List
Lightning After Thunder, Tabaxi Bard

(Page 5/5)

Last edited:

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Hoo boy, I'm unfamiliar with 5E but I'll try my best. (The last time I played D&D proper was 3.5, I've been doing pathfinder since then... It's similar but not quite at the same level as )

Name: "My given name is Lightning After Thunder, although my patrons know me as Lightning Fumbles... My act involves slapstick."

Sex: "Male."

Race: "Can't ya tell by lookin' at me? Tabaxi, tried and true."

Class: "Oh everyone's a critic. I'm a bard, pleasure to make you're acquaintance."

Age: "No more than twenty-one years of age... Give or take a month or two."

Faction: "I suppose that the Praesidia sounds like it's got adventure on offer, perhaps they need someone of my ilk to keep the mood light."

Armaments: "I keep only what I need on hand at all times. A rapier, a joke book (not enchanted, although trust me if I could I would... Some have claimed my puns be painful though for what it's worth), and leather armor for safety. I steer clear of shields, I wouldn't be able to hold the joke book otherwise."

Text Color: "I prefer to write in a lovely blue, my friend, it's only just since I blue my chances of living a quiet life."

Accomplices: "I have a wife, lovely tabaxi known as Endless Time, back at home, I haven't ventured out away from home very often so this is my first time leaving the village... I have some minor contacts from my days in the streets, a Tabaxi named Lone is chief among them. Aside from Lone there were a couple of humans. Nero, Smith, and Rob were their names not the most pleasant of fellows and gods forbid you have something they actually want. Aside from Lone's gang, I have co-workers at the Drunken Wendigo tavern. The elf Balnelis is one of the best barkeeps around, and Eltran is a great waiter despite what his small size might have you believe."

Appearance: "I sort of resemble the creatures you folk call 'Long-haired Calico cats'... I think the closest you get breed-wise is Maine Coon. I dress in what I must insist is standard clothing, not too fancy but certainly not rags. What kind of a performer do you take me for? I wear my fur braided about my chin, like a dwarf's beard. I like boots, because they're made for walking... No, I don't sing, get that guitar out of here. I tend to bat playfully at the locket upon my neck. If opened it bares the picture of my wife, toiling away for a life's wages at the tavern back home. Did I mention my hat? 'Tis a decent hat, but nothing to write home about. It's shaped oddly like what you humans call a "ten gallon", if it could hold ten gallons of milk I'd be impressed. I did loose my left eye in a scrap and wear an eye patch to cover the hole, but I'll tell you about that later."

Biography: "Where to begin? Well let's start at the beginning, I hear that's a good place to start. I was born to Tabaxi parents about twenty-one years ago, ma an' pa were poor and we never had quite enough coin to get by. My many siblings, having been born in a litter of kittens, were much larger and stronger than myself. Bullied and beaten, without much chance at ever having enough food to feed us all, I was forced by extenuating circumstances to join a gang. For twelve or thirteen years I had run with Lone and her band of thieves. Durin' that time I met and fell in love with Time, a beautiful 'Ragdoll'-like Tabaxi who would later be my wife. Around the age of twenty I decided to leave the life of crime and look for honest work... My former allies didn't take kindly to these traitorous thoughts and fought to keep me from leaving. Lone scratched my left eye out as a reminder that I could never work with the gangs of Lundgard again. I never did go to the guards, I couldn't bring myself to. I was still wanted for my part in Lone's heists, and besides the way the humans run the city makes it harder for Tabaxi to get by. I started making fun of the law enforcement, anything to make money. Eventually I earned the attention of a human, whose name I never learned, who owned a bar called the Drunken Wendigo. It's easy to forget the owner's name since I didn't really see him most nights, the bartender Balnelis had paid my wages more often than not on the owner's behalf. Eventually I was able to convince Balnelis and Eltran to attempt to get more staff into the business, and made a point to suggest that a certain Tabaxi be given a job as a waitress there. It was all said and done, or so it had seemed until I got a desire for adventure. Didn't know where to go, but I was dead set on livening up the dreary work of the Praesidia and any others who may be so fortunate as to cross my path."

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
After careful consideration, your application to the Praesidia faction has been approved!
Welcome to the onboarding program, Lightning After Thunder!

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
This thread is being closed to make way for a new sci-fi themed roleplay! Please PM me if you're really interested in submitting a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.