Shiny Hunter
AKA
Robo
Time Zone
CST
Robochicken77
Pokemon HeartGold SBQ

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: I should have stated, I've been livestreaming this! You can find my twitch in my signature if you want to check it out and support my hunt!
Hey fellas, My name is Robochicken77, and today marks the beginning of my shiny badge quest in Pokemon Heartgold. For those of you that may not know what a shiny badge quest is, let me explain.

A shiny badge quest is a Pokemon run where you must catch a shiny pokemon before the completion of each gym badge, and before the completion of the Elite 4. I chose pokemon HeartGold for this run for a few reasons. One of which being the fact that there's 16 gyms, meaning I'll have to catch 16 shinies total. Another more obvious reason, Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver are both my favorite Pokemon Games.

In this shiny badge quest, i will not be going for any specific target, and I will take what I can get, when I get it. I will also be limiting myself to only use the shiny Pokemon i have obtained, minus HM slaves. With that, It's time to begin the first shiny hunt! I will be soft resetting for the starter for the first badge of this quest, simply because this game makes it easy to soft reset for your starter, considering there are three Pokemon seen per reset. Anyways, that's enough rambling. I've just reset my HeartGold and saved in front of the Starter machine. Wish me luck! I will be posting an update as an edit at 6 PM central time, or whenever I get the shiny starter, whatever comes first!

So, here's the first update on the quest! Today was a busy day, so i didnt get too many soft resets in. So far, I've seen 267 of these starters, with no sparkles just yet. Tomorrow I plan on doing more resets, hopefully up to 2000 or so seen. As I've said, My goal is to get Totodile, But I'll take what I can get, such is the heart of the shiny badge quest. I'll update again tomorrow!

Last edited: