The Hall of Fame!

What do you think about the Hall of Fame feature?

• I look at my old teams from time to time in the Hall of Fame.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I like to see my team enter the Hall of Fame, but I rarely look at old teams.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • I do not care about this feature.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

streganona

is just passing through
One of my favorite features in the older Pokémon games is the Hall of Fame, so I made this thread for forum-users to discuss the Hall of Fame and share opinions about it. Personally, I love going back to look at each set of companions I used throughout my Pokémon journey, and think seeing my team all on one screen is a nice reward for defeating the Pokémon League and becoming the Champion.

I'll start off by sharing my squad that just entered the Hall of Fame a few minutes ago:

I'm excited to see some great teams! Let's show a little love to an underappreciated feature.

Reactions: Zed

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
It's pretty much satisfying to enter the Hall of Fame with all your partners (or just a partner if you go solo), especially after doing a challenge like nuzlocke or monotype. Heck, I kinda wish the dedicated section for it returns in SwSh. glaring at the Alola-based games

Reactions: Zed

PerfectWorld

Fiery Passion
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Anne
3DS FC
3970-0367-7253
Switch FC
6736-1504-8698
IGN
Anne
I like seeing my team entering the Hall of Fame for the 1st time. It's nice to see the team I used to the end of the game be displayed, but I don't really go back to look at the Hall of Fame in the PC. I do keep a personal list of each team I beat a game with on a document so I can remember them if I start a file over though.

streganona

is just passing through
Hi all,
While just remembering them is nice, I really appreciate the reward of seeing the teams put together like a proper squad, kind of like one of those old-school posters with Ash and his team and things of that nature. The fourth generation of Pokémon Halls of Fame really felt cool like that, with the whole team posing together in a line. I definitely hope to see it return in future series entries.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Looking through old Halls of Fame can be quite fun. That's especially true for my older games, when I composed my teams more on a whim and didn't necessarily use the same things all through a file. The records help me track progress and remember a few teammates who maybe I don't use anymore.

It's especially cool on B2W2, where I went for some of the Elite Four challenger medals with separate members of my lvl 100 in-game team. Seeing some Halls of Fame with just one or a few Pokémon is something else.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Hi all,
While just remembering them is nice, I really appreciate the reward of seeing the teams put together like a proper squad, kind of like one of those old-school posters with Ash and his team and things of that nature. The fourth generation of Pokémon Halls of Fame really felt cool like that, with the whole team posing together in a line. I definitely hope to see it return in future series entries.
This is why I liked taking those team photos throughout the story in HG/SS.

I don't often look back at the Hall of Fame because I know what my teams were, and I rarely take on the league more than once. I think I'd probably care a little more if maybe the player's first champion battle was recorded as a battle video. That would probably be cooler than what we had in SM.