The Journal of Astera Tirell (Modded Skyrim Special Edition)

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Here's a little something different from the Journal Entries. I'm still going slowly through Beyond Reach, but I'm hoping to try and beat the questline soon, so I can get started on some more stuff in Skyrim, and maybe Cyrodiil. There's still a whole bunch of Tarnished Shards and Shattered Fragments I need to find, as well as a few things to open the Mirror of Twilight and start the Ruptured Towers. Need some rings. And probably some more shouts and levels (I'm just short of level 35). Which means more dragons to kill.

The Blade of Dusk

"So, what's your story? You a mercenary or assassin or something?"

Ulkain's words broke the silence between the three of us as we sat around the lit fire in the Ayleid ruin. Inigo was nibbling on some meat, and I had just finished drinking one of my waterskins.

"You have not heard of the Blade of Dusk, Ulkain?" Inigo asked.

"No," the Breton mercenary replied. I took a glance at the blue Khajiit. I never even mentioned that title to him, so how did he know it? He did say that he knew me... and had shot me in the back when on withdrawal from skooma or something - but still.

"The Blade of Dawn?"

"You talking about the sword Dawnbreaker?"

"The cat's talking about two Dunmer assassins," I said before Inigo could reply. "Two former Morag Tong members who had pledged their lives and souls to Azura, and only served Mephala through lip service and assassination writs. One became known as the Blade of Dawn. The other, the Blade of Dusk. The Blade of Dawn was older by a couple hundred years, of course."

Ulkain leaned forward, his face brightened by the fire. "So, you're one of these Blades, then?"

I pulled out the Twili Dagger from its sheath and slowly ran my fingers across it. "I'm the Blade of Dusk, yes. And no, I don't have any writs or assassination contracts here in High Rock. Inigo and I are simply here as mercenaries willing to lend a hand - and claw."

"Indeed," Inigo said. "I had met with her once before, but... things happened, and we were separated. Not that she remembers."

"I still think you were a bit too high on Skooma to really know who was with you, cat." I took out a piece of meat from my bag and began to munch on it as Inigo and Ulkain continued to talk.

"Well, you hired me, and it turns out you're an assassin. And you can hold your own, so that gives you some good graces in my book."

I raised my eyebrow at Ulkain. "What, even helping the Roaches?"

"Even helping the Roaches. Means we can focus on the Witchmen and the Orcs when they come." I let out a sigh as Ulkain continued. "So, who's the Blade of Dawn?"

"I do not know," Inigo said, before both pairs of eyes stared at me. The room was silent for a few moments.

"One of my relatives - I don't recall which branch. Her name was Veya Virian Tirell." I allowed a short laugh to escape from my lips. "After a contract in Cyrodiil went sour, she was captured and brought to the Imperial City - only to somehow get embroiled in the Oblivion Crisis." I shook my head. "I swear, our bloodline has a bit of a habit for heroism. I guess being the Dragonborn means I'm no different. Not that one of us ended up as Indoril Nerevar reborn." I took another bite out of the meat. "After all, when the Nerevarine turned out to be an Imperial, pretty much all of Morrowind filtered it and made the news of them to be a Dark Elf instead. It's too bad I never met them. Veya did, though, and was quite impressed with them, if I recall."

A few more minutes passed as we chatted around the fire. Soon, though, the fire started to flicker. I got up from the stone floor. "So, what say we continue?"

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
I quite liked this. It's a nice change of pace from your other more formulaic entries. Would be keen to see more conversational scenes like this from time to time.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 133-136

Entry 133
Mid Year, 13th, 4E 201

That Ayleid Ruin was more trouble that it was worth. Witchmen, mutilated corpses, more Witchmen, and strange portals to an abandoned house... and a Witchmen camp called Zealots Zenith.

I just managed to survive that teleport by the skin of my teeth - thanks to Inigo and Ulkarin. And now it's pissing down rain. Again.

I don't even understand what's going on here... in all honesty, part of me wants to just finish off the business I came here to do and then get back to Skyrim. But that will take quite a while, I'm sure.

Entry 134
Mid Year, 17th, 4E 201

You know, having friends in low places does have its advantages. It means the brigands won't even bother you when you go through. Doesn't help the Witchmen.

Top it off with saving a girl from a griffon, finding a cursed amulet belonging to the lord of Arnima, and helping a missionary to some Dwemer ruin, and the Reach is definitely an interesting place.

Still, part of me can't wait until this is over to get back to Skyrim. If only Lady Azura is patient with me.

Entry 135
Mid Year, 19th, 4E 201

Apparently, I'm supposed to now find some descendant of Mados named Rados. Yeah... and apparently he's east of Evermore.

At the very least, the dugout at Lonesome Edge provided a very nice tunnel past that barrier on the western side of Evermore.

Now, I need to find him, convince him to help, and maybe, just maybe, have some chance against these Witchmen and their strange magic.

Oh, and we parted ways with Ulkarin. Felt it was time.

Entry 136
Mid Year, 21st, 4E 201

Ended up exploring most of the eastern side - found a Blade fugitive, recovered a child's remains, almost all in a day's work for Inigo and I at this point.

Anyway, after all that, we met with Rados and convinced him to come with us. It'll be quite the journey, and I hope I can head through the gate in Evermore instead of going through that blasted cave again.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 137-140

Entry 137
Mid Year, 22nd, 4E 201

Namira. Of course a Daedric Prince like Namira had to be involved somehow. I can almost hear Lady Azura's voice in my head scorning them for it. Along with Meridia's - for whatever reason. I don't pay attention to the Princes' voices in my head.

Anyway, the priest in Arnima has something urgent for me. I suppose I'd better see what it is.

Entry 138
Mid Year, 22nd, 4E 201

It's even worse than I imagined: Mortifayne gave Arnima - Raven Spring - to Namira, and now the town is flooded with her monsters. The priest told me to enter the strange portal, and...

Well, I'm not sure what to say. The Scuttling Void - Namira's Plane of Oblivion - it's as horrific as I imagined.

However, I should try and find any other survivors who went through the portal. Hopefully we can end this madness.

Entry 139
Mid Year, 22nd, 4E 201

Found Jackos, Rados, and the Priest. Apparently, more went through the portals. Once I - hopefully - find the other survivors, I'll meet back with those three, so we can try and take that Sigil Stone.

If it is a Sigil Stone. I didn't read up on the Scuttling Void, unlike the Spiral Skein or Moonshadow - or worse, Evergloam. I have my ancestor's stories to thank for that.

Entry 140
Mid Year, 23rd, 4E 201

Found Sek, but we were too late to save the guards from the vessels and hags. And Harvesters. By Azura...

Anyway, I had to find another way into the strange tower, which was also filled with more of Namira's creations. We're finally on our way to that Stone, and hopefully ending this whole ordeal.

Gods, I have not slept a wink in quite a while. I could use some relaxation after this.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 141-144

Entry 141
Mid Year, 23rd, 4E 201

Oh, did I mention something about a tower? Spoke too soon. We just REACHED the tower. Jackos, Sek and the Priest decided to try and hold off the incoming horde, while Rados and I will ascend the tower and try to destroy the Sigil Stone.

My only hope is that they somehow make it out of this. Yeah, me - an assassin - hoping some random people from the Reach survive a Daedric assault.

Gods, this heroic thing really does come with the bloodline, doesn't it?

Entry 142
Mid Year, 23rd, 4E 201

Not the craziest tower I've seen in terms of actual structural design, but Namira's sense of interior decorating is... rather interesting.

Could do without all the daedric abominations, but that's to be expected in a plane of Oblivion. Don't know what I was thinking. Namira's plane wouldn't be nice and cosy, obviously, if she was doing what she was doing.

Entry 143
Mid Year, 23rd, 4E 201

So... apparently it wasn't the case. Instead of Namira, it was the Last Ayleid King who sided with the Direnni and ended up in Namira's service. They wanted to destroy the Direnni Tower to remake the world the way Namira wanted it. I'm getting reminded of my ancestor's stories right about now - even though they were more about Nocturnal and something called the Court of Bedlam.

Anyway, Rados and I managed to kill the King and take the Sigil Stone, ending Namira's invasion. Apparently, the King of Evermore wants to see me in order to be knighted for my services.

As much as I really don't care for titles... I might as well see what he means.

Entry 144
Mid Year, 25th, 4E 201

Talked with the King about this "knighthood", but basically threw the title in his face. Any ill acts that I commit will stain Evermore, he said.

I'd rather keep my name to myself, and not have the Blade of Dusk be affecting some kingdom I won't return to. I'm sure Rados will probably take the title when he shows up.

Anyway, Inigo and I went back to the Divide, and took out some Nord barbarians in the south. Found a building called Nord's Reach. We chatted - mostly about Inigo's past - and stayed the night.

Today, we return to Skyrim.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 145-149

Entry 145
Mid Year, 25th, 4E 201

Got back to Skyrim without any issue. Took that moment once we got to Markarth to use that Teleport spell to the Scarlett. From there, we sailed to Winterhold. I needed to see Lady Azura.

One dragon later, we came across another Secret Grotto - this one frozen over and some weird goblins or blue Falmer. Unsure what they were called.

Anyway, I also found some more Relics - apparently to do with "Zoras" or something. Breathing underwater or something like that.

Maybe Azura will be able to tell me more.

Entry 146
Mid Year, 25th, 4E 201

I arrived at the Shrine in the afternoon, greeted by a woman named Aranea. Apparently, Lady Azura has a task for me: I must find an elven mage in Winterhold who "can turn the brightest star black as night" - in other words: Azura's Star. I know the object well.

I'll be staying the night here at the Shrine, before heading back to Winterhold to question this... elven mage. No doubt I'll hear Azura in my dreams and my sleep, this close to the Shrine.

Well, we do have a lot to talk about, after all.

Entry 147
Mid Year, 26th, 4E 201

After a rather... interesting conversation with my Lady during my sleep, I returned to Winterhold with Inigo in tow, and asked about this elven mage to the bartender at the Frozen Hearth. Bartender directed me to an Altmer named Nelecar.

After some... 'convincing' on my part - which may have involved putting a blade to this throat - he told me that a man named Malyn Varen took the Star to a fortress in Lake Ilinata, near Falkreath. Looks like I'll be reuniting with Ignacia as well. That's a distinct possibility.

But the poor fool didn't realise he was dealing with the Blade of Dusk - one of Azura's champions. I was pretty close to ending his life for trying to tell me not to give the star to Azura, but I decided against it. Regardless, time to head to Falkreath.

Entry 148
Mid Year, 26th, 4E 201

Necromancers. That's an obvious turn of events. At least Nelecar's information was correct. Not that I DOUBTED his information, but... well, I may or may not have a bit too much faith in the Lady of Twilight.

Inigo likes Meridia, for some reason. I told him that the only one I trusted was Azura, though Meridia was second - by a decent margin. Never liked Mehrunes Dagon, Mephala, or Nocturnal. There's... been too many fights between Azura and Nocturnal involving the Tirell bloodline that it ended up getting ridiculous.

Entry 149
Mid Year, 27th, 4E 201

I found the Star - broken, unfortunately - and returned it to the Shrine. Once I did, Azura told me I had to enter the star in order to kill Malyn so it could be cleansed.

"Simple enough for my Blade of Dusk, I am certain."

And certain she was. While Malyn had some Dremora with him, it was not long before he fell to my blade. The Star was cleansed, and now it is under my protection - like Veya before me.

"Farewell, my Blade. We will speak again."

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
As a note, this takes place between Entries 146 and 147. Also, expect more of these down the line, especially once I clear the Ruptured Towers and go through a certain tomb of a certain character from a certain Zelda game that may or may not have to do with Twilight.

Also, I didn't mention it in "Blade of Dusk", but the idea of the Nerevarine being an Imperial is inspired by a fanfiction called "The Nerevarine's Return", where an Imperial named Arenar Krex was the Nerevarine, but got embroiled in helping the Dragonborn... and it got very complicated. But in that fanfiction, a lot of people in there when Arenar revealed he was the Nerevarine thought that the Nerevarine was a Dunmer (and that the Dunmer in the Gray Quarter did NOT like him. At all.) Of course, Arenar ISN'T the Nerevarine in this story - it's just another Imperial.

A Twilight Conversation

As I slept, my vision turned to that of the familiar landscape of Moonshadow. The silver cities, the lush trees and waterfalls... and that endless twilight sky. And immediately, Azura's voice filled my mind.

"Welcome to the Skyrim Shrine, my Blade of Dusk, although I do wish you had arrived here earlier and had not... what is the phrase mortals use? 'Explored'?" I opened my mouth to speak, but Azura continued. "Regardless, it has been some time since you have communed with me in this manner, so close to one of my shrines."

"My Lady..." I muttered.

"You seek guidance? Answers to how you became one with the blood of dragons?"

"You have always said that nothing meaningless happens to your champions. My ancestor, the Nerevarine, Veya... and me."

I heard Azura chuckle. "Indeed. And your becoming the Dragonborn was not without meaning, either."

"What do you mean?"

"If you were a Nord, my Blade of Dusk, I would ask if you knew the legends of the being called Alduin. Alas, you are not, and no doubt you have not seen a large black dragon flying in the skies."

"No..."

"I thought as much. This black dragon - Alduin - is called the World-Eater by the Nords - a 'God of Destruction', if you will. An Elder Scroll was used to transport him forward in time. And now, he has returned to lay waste to this... 'kalpa' - this world, they call it. As the prophecy dealing with Alduin states: 'the wheel turns to the Last Dragonborn'. You are Dragonborn, and Alduin has returned. Alas, it is not me to whom you must speak to on this matter."

"Then... what should I do?"

"For now, find my Star. You will need its power in your journey ahead. I will speak more after you have brought it back. We will speak again, my Blade of Dusk..."

At that, my vision returned to the darkness of sleep.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 150-152

Entry 150
Mid Year, 29th, 4E 201

Took a bit of a detour on the way to Ivarstead and took care of that bounty at Valtheim Towers. Simple enough for one such as I.

Made it to Ivarstead around midnight. Had something to eat, bought a room and slept. No dreams from Azura tonight, unfortunately. Regardless, I gave over those bear pelts to that woman who I forgot the name of - nor do I care to remember - and now, Inigo and I will, well...

Time to brave that mountain once again, and see what those "Greybeards" have in store for me.

Entry 151
Mid Year, 29th, 4E 201

Well, the trip up the mountain couldn't be any worse - aside from possibly a dragon attack, but the chances of that are slim.

No... it decided to rain. By the time we got to the monastery... I had mild frostbite. Not the best timing, I'll say.

But... my understanding seems to be clearer. With what Azura told me about Alduin... and my seemingly ridiculous mastery over these shouts... well, here we go again.

Entry 152
Mid Year, 29th, 4E 201

The Greybeards wanted me to head to Ustengrav, a Nordic ruin near Morthal, to retrieve the horn of Jurgen Windcaller. Seems simple enough.

Then I arrived in Morthal and had to deal with some strange cultists from Solstheim. SOLSTHEIM. I mean... come on! Why didn't they do something the last time I was there?! Ugh, questions for later.

Ended up killing a guard in the process and proceeded to pay my bounty for "friendly" fire because Inigo wouldn't stop for... reasons.

Anyway, I think I'd better turn in. My mind needs a rest.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 153-156

Entry 153
Mid Year, 30th, 4E 201

Well... what a way to end the month, I suppose. First, I forgot to mention in my previous entry, I found that "Nettlebane" that priestess woman was after. A lot of hags around Orphan Rock, it seems.

As well, I found another Tarnished Shard in a place called High Gate Ruins - dealing with a Dragon Priest and taking his mask in the process - and helped some Nord Woman with some sort of scroll. Not too bad.

But... someone got to that old fool's Horn before me. They're apparently in Riverwood. Because I haven't been around there long... I'm unsure what we'll be dealing with. Best to be on guard.

Entry 154
Sun's Height, 1st, 4E 201

That was unexpected. A woman named Delphine was the one who took it. Didn't pay much attention to her during my few stays in Riverwood, but it seems that Alduin might be bringing dragons back to life from those burial mounds. According to her, the next one's in Kynesgrove.

If she's right, then I guess we'll be meeting Alduin, finally. Time to see what this black dragon is all about.

Entry 155
Sun's Height, 2nd, 4E 201

Alduin... it seems like he knows... something... about Hyrule - even to the point of saying that the Hyrule trinkets are "worthless". But why he knows... I'm not sure.

After killing Sahloknir, Inigo and I had to take out another Dragon at Kynesgrove, before deciding to head back to High Hrothgar. Delphine's on her way to Riverwood, to get some ideas about how to infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy. As if the Thalmor's meddling with Snow-Throat was bad enough.

Entry 156
Sun's Height, 2nd, 4E 201

I learned the final word of Unrelenting Force - Dah - and the Greybeards spoke to me in the Dragon tongue. My head hurt from that sheer power, thank my dragon blood - and Azura - for actually managing to survive. Luckily Inigo was fine as well. Somehow.

I also learned Phantom Decoy - Fiik Lo Sah - and was given a key to High Hrothgar's Library. Apparently, something is there. I suppose I might as well check it out before heading to Riverwood.

Or... I could take a detour to the Terminan Forge and see if I can make that key for the Mirror of Twilight.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
For this particular piece, I'm taking references from Relics of Hyrule and incorporating it into the main story somewhat. It'll be explained a bit more once I deal with the Ruptured Towers, but there's a bunch of stuff to cover about the Fall of Hyrule. Also, my character's wearing the Fierce Deity chestplate, so... yeah. Alduin recognised it. How... I'll leave that to your guessing.

The World-Eater

"Sahloknir, zii gro dovah ulse! SLEN TIID VO!"

The black dragon's voice carried itself to the burial mound, and the dirt burst from the ground.

"What is it doing?" Delphine asked, shocked. I was speechless, and Inigo was getting ready with his bow. I did not notice it, however. My eyes were locked on the black dragon in the sky. Despite being our first meeting... I knew who he was.

Alduin. The World-Eater. If Azura had not told me... I would not know... but I do.

A dragon skeleton walked out of the mound - seemingly alive - as its skin slowly reappeared. It turned its neck up to the hovering dragon.

"Alduin, thuri! Boaan tiid vokriiha suleyksejun kruziik?" The dragon cried. I couldn't understand a word. I cursed under my breath for not being able to understand.

"Geh, Sahloknir, kaali mir." Alduin replied. Sahloknir - that had to the dragon's name. Suddenly, I felt Alduin's eyes upon me.

"Alduin..." I muttered, gritting my teeth and preparing my daggers.

"Ful, losei Dovahkiin? Zu'u koraav nid nol dov do hi." the black dragon said with a hint of venom in his tone. Then... I could swear his eyes narrowed. "You do not even know our tongue, do you? Such arrogance, to dare take for yourself the name of Dovah."

"You think it was by choice, Al-du-in?!" I yelled back, emphasising each of his name's syllables. My hands tightened around my daggers, but I was ready to switch to my bow if need be.

"I do not care for 'choice', joor. You are arrogant enough to face me, even with those worthless trinkets from the world before. You think you could succeed where Hylia could not? Foolish joor." He turned his head back to Sahloknir. "Sahloknir, krii daar joorre." With that, Alduin flew off. Sahloknir's eyes fell on me, as he raised his head and inhaled.

"Move!" Inigo shouted, grabbing me and pulling me behind the rock, just in time to dodge a large fire breath. I switched to my bow as Sahloknir took flight.

Time to kill a dragon.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 157-160

Entry 157
Sun's Height, 3rd, 4E 201

Found some new Words of Power - Krii and Gaan - from those places south of Ivarstead - before deciding to get out of the cold and teleport back to the Scarlett. By Azura, did I enjoy that warmth.

We then decided to look at Dead Man's Respite - from that letter we received - about another Word of Power. On a whim, I decided to recruit Ellary to the... party. So, she's with us for the time being.

Doesn't say much, but that's fine. Inigo flaps his gums enough for three of us.

Entry 158
Sun's Height, 5th, 4E 201

Well... the Pale Blade as well as a lighthouse family killed by Chaurus. Fun times. Ellary hasn't spoken much about her life - if at all. She seems to share the sentiment that Inigo's the talker of the group. Aside from me - though my charming skills could use some work.

Ended up heading back to the Scarlett to recuperate from those things. I'm unsure where to go now. Sure, I could head to Riverwood if I wanted to, but... there's a lot still to discover, and I have Words of Power to find.

Eh, what the heck? Time to see what those damn Thalmor know about the dragons.

Entry 159
Sun's Height, 7th, 4E 201

Well, one crazy party later, it turns out the Thalmor know nothing - aside from investigating another person named Esbern, who's apparently in Riften or something. I haven't gone back to Riverwood to talk to Delphine about it yet. Been on one of my adventuring sprees.

Found some strange Hylian and Gerudo Vampires in a Secret Grotto, as well as a few other things here and there. After heading to my Lady's Shrine, I decided to see what things were around in Winterhold.

Found myself a strange Dwemer ruin. fun times.

Entry 160
Sun's Height, 10th, 4E 201

A few caves, lots of necromancers, and a fort later... I feel exhausted. I need some time in the south, I think. Perhaps I should head to Whiterun and see about this "Tree Sap" with that woman Ysolda. Perhaps.

I still need to head to Riften and find Esbern, too, and who knows how long it will take the Thalmor to find him. Perhaps I should make that my first priority.

Yes... perhaps we shall.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Because I really like the Skywind version of Nerevar Rising, I decided: hey, it's entirely possible Astera knows the song and can probably sing it. Is it the only song she's good at singing? Well... more than likely. It was a song that was about the Nerevarine - Azura's Great Champion - and Astera is Azura's current champion (though she has not met the Nerevarine, and I don't have the Moon and Star mod on this playthrough - let me know if I should do that, since it involves the Morag Tong and - you guessed it - the Nerevarine)

Will I ever play Skywind or Skyblivion? I don't know yet. My Hard Drive needs space for Cyberpunk, and that's like 80 gig or something.

Contracts and Songs

"Did you seriously take on a Dark Brotherhood contract?" Inigo asked as we travelled on the cart. While we tried - barely - to keep our conversation quiet, I'm pretty sure our driver could hear the entire thing. I will need to remind myself to pay a little extra to make sure he keeps quiet about it.

"I have a soft spot for children, alright?" I replied, leaning back.

"And dogs," Ellary said, surprising me.

"Yes... and dogs..." I added awkwardly.

"From what I've been told, you've been targeted by a Brotherhood contract in the past," Inigo said as I took a sip from my waterskin. "That other woman... Ignacia... she had told me that you were targeted somewhere near... Falkreath?"

"Probably. You know, Inigo... Aventus had been doing the Black Sacrament for... who knows how long before someone decided to show up. And yet the Brotherhood hasn't done anything about it - though they have time to target me. I wonder why..."

"Well, that is a matter for another time, it would seem," Inigo replied. We just reached the border between Eastmarch and Riften Hold, so we were going to be a while. Inigo pulled out his lute and started to strum a few notes. An idea popped in my head.

"How about I play this time around?"

Inigo's eyes widened. "You know how to play the lute?"

"Sort of. Unless you know how to play the famous Dumner song: Nerevar Rising."

"Ah!" Inigo cried, before beginning to play a string of notes. I nodded, and Inigo started again, tapping his foot to simulate the beating drum - the familiar tune reminding me of Morrowind. Looking at Ellary, I smirked a little.

"You like music?"

"Of course. I didn't know you could sing, though."

"Well, Nerevar Rising is the only song I can sing decently. You're in for a treat." Leaning back in the seat, I closed my eyes, and started to sing.

"Luhn-silvar, Hortator,
Azura'm gah'amer,
Panthi-seht, sharmat-dra,
ouabihn biridar.
Osuhn almese sut ohm
yalif sul devahr,
Nerevar... Nerevar..."

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 161-164

Entry 161
Sun's Height, 11th, 4E 201

Decided to make a stop at the Aretino Residence. Speaking to the boy Aventus, he wanted the head of the Honorhall Orphanage - Grelod the Kind - to be killed due to her cruelty. Despite this being a Dark Brotherhood contract...

Well, the Dark Brotherhood can shove it for all I care.

Anyway, we made the trip to Riften and stopped by there. Poisoned her - then Ellary finished her off - and it seems the kids are happy.

If only they realised it wasn't a Dark Brotherhood assassin who saved them.

Entry 162

Spoke to Brynjolf and ended up doing a job for him - a thieving job. Eh... it is close to my original line of work... but I'll need some time to really figure it out.

Regardless, he told me that Esbern was down in the Ratway Warrens - apparently past the Tavern where the Thieves Guild is located.

Entry 163

Made it to the Ragged Flagon with relative ease. Before I could head to the Warrens, though, I got given a job by Brynjolf. From his clothes, demeanor, and the rule of no killing... I'd say we walked into the headquarters of the Thieves Guild. Interesting.

I took the job, but Esbern comes first. So, we entered the Vaults, and what do we find skulking about?

Thalmor.

Entry 164
Sun's Height, 12th, 4E 201

We rescued Esbern, and got back to Riverwood - sneaking by some patrolling Thalmor who were none the wiser, apparently.

Speaking of, there seems to be something in Karthspire - Sky Haven Temple - that... strange place I encountered weeks ago. Was it weeks? I haven't kept track.

Anyway, I decided to meet Delphine and Esbern at Karthspire - though I'll be stopping at Falkreath along the way.

Might as well see how Ignacia's doing and bring her along for the ride.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 165-168

Entry 165
Sun's Height, 13th, 4E 201

Picked up Ignacia and made our way over to Karthspire - dealing with Forsworn almost the entire way. Oh, and a Frost Dragon, too. Once we arrived at Sky Haven Temple, Esbern talked about Alduin's Wall and that apparently, we need a Shout. Looks like I'm heading back to High Hrothgar soon.

Anyway, we went back to the Scarlett, and I let Inigo, Ignacia, and Ellary take over for the night as I returned to the Aretino boy. Poor child thinks I'm a Dark Brotherhood assassin.

Now to see what the Brotherhood does about this...

Entry 166
Sun's Height, 14th, 4E 201

Seems they finally took notice. Well, after a sleep at Ivarstead's Inn lead me to getting captured, bound, and tied up - taking me all the way to that shack north of Morthal - I met with the Brotherhood's leader, Astrid.

She thought she could recruit me for a few moments, but then was a bit too cocky, thinking that the "Blade of Dusk" wasn't going to kill her. Nice try.

Well, now that Astrid's dead, I might as well find a guard to report her death to. We're close enough to Solitude, and the Penitus Oculatus has been targetting the Brotherhood for some time.

Entry 167
Sun's Height, 16th, 4E 201

I did it. The Dark Brotherhood is dead. All of them died quickly, so that's a small mercy. Not that I could say the same for Astrid.

Thing is, I had no quarrel with the Brotherhood itself. But when Astrid decided to not only try to kill me, and then kidnap me for stealing a contract THEY took too long to get? Yeah, the fault there is on Astrid, not the Brotherhood.

I suppose a quick death is a small price to pay for their leader's blunder. I'm not sure if that's all of them, though. No doubt Maro's men will torch the place soon enough.

Entry 168
Sun's Height, 17th, 4E 201

Took a stop in Whiterun - and got both Ellary and Inigo horses - Inigo named his Rusher. I also sold the Sleeping Tree Sap we had to Ysolda for a decent price - far more than what I would normally get for it.

As well, some man named Patsy wanted to talk to me in the Drunken Huntsman and wanted me to see a man named Marcus Jannus in Falkreath. Funny, I didn't see him there before... but apparently it has to do with Helgen. Seems this Marcus Jannus contacted me because of my surname - probably because of Veya, I'm not sure.

Well, I can see him at my earliest convenience, so that might be a while. I have to get to High Hrothgar.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
A Battle of Assassins

Ugh... my head hurts... what the heck happened? Shaking my head, my vision focused.

"Sleep well?" I heard a voice say. Turning my head, I saw someone sitting on top of an empty bookshelf. The armour was... familiar, but I couldn't recall why... and who.

"Ow... where am I, and who in Azura's name are you?" I asked, though not as harshly as I would have liked due to my quickly fading headache.

"Does it matter?" the person - a woman - replied. "You're warm, dry, and still very much alive. Shame that can't be said for old Grelod, hmm?"

"So... you know about-"

"Half of Skyrim knows. Old hag butchered in her own orphanage? Things like that tend to get around." The woman put up a hand. "Oh, but don't misunderstand - it was a very nice kill - but... there's one tiny problem with that... that contract was meant for the Dark Brotherhood - for me and my associates."

My mind focused as my head cleared. "The Dark Brotherhood?" Perfect...

"Yes. And you-"

"Oh yes, I did technically steal your contract," I replied, a little smug. "But considering the boy had been performing the Black Sacrament for... I don't know... months? Before I decided to take it on?"

"Smug, are we?" the woman said. I took a moment to look around the old house. There were three people tied up with bags on their heads on the far side of the house. "Regardless, you don't leave here until someone dies."

"Fine by me, considering you also had someone contract a kill on my head, and that happened a month or two ago, now - and failed." I could sense the woman's slight confusion as my smirk went deeper. "Do you even realise who you've brought into your midst?" Feeling a little theatrical, I bowed. "Astera Tirell: Champion of Azura, Dragonborn, former member of the Morag Tong... and Blade of Dusk." As I rose from my bow, I put my hands on my daggers. "Oh, but to make this fair, you should introduce yourself to me, too."

The woman narrowed her eyes and was silent for a moment. "Astrid. Leader of the Dark Brotherhood." She jumped down from the bookshelf.

"Ah... so you're Astrid," I muttered. "Charmed. Too bad that you have to die now." I pulled out my Twili Dagger and struck - only to be blocked by a strange dagger held by Astrid. By her eyes, I could tell she was confused as well.

"Hm. Strange dagger," we both say in unison, before instantly glaring at each other and breaking off. I pull out my Gerudo dagger and twirl it in my hand as the two of us circle each other - the three bound and blind prisoners no longer our focus.

"This'll be fun," Astrid said with a bit of smugness. "There's a number of people who want you dead, Dragonborn."

"Oh? Just for being the Dragonborn? That's less than I thought."

"Still, I'm more skilled than you think. I won't fall that easily."

"Right. Fo...Krah!" A blast of ice shot out, covering Astrid and knocking her back. I charged forward, seizing the opportunity to slash at her with my daggers.

The fight went on, dagger clashing against dagger, but soon, only one of us was still standing, and the other was on her knees, spitting out blood.

"You're better than I thought," Astrid coughed.

"I aim to please," I replied. Without waiting for any last words, I dug my daggers into her. Pulling them out, she dropped to the floor, dead.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 169-172

Entry 169
Sun's Height, 18th, 4E 201

So, the shout is called Dragonrend... by its name, I can guess its function is to cripple dragons... but Arngeir also says that it was made by men who poured their hatred for dragons into a shout.

He initially refused to help, but the other Greybeards reminded him of his duty. So, the Greybeards will teach me a shout to reach Paarthurnax, their leader.

Paarthurnax. Paar...thur...nax... strange. It sounds like the name of a dragon. A dragon being the leader of the Greybeards?

Well, Alduin knows about Hyrule, so anything is possible at this point.

Entry 170
Sun's Height, 21st, 4E 201

Ugh... of all things to run into, I had to run into Boethiah's little shrine near Windhelm. She called me "Azura's little puppet" and tried to entice me to come closer, but - well - let's just say I told her I wouldn't. At the same time, I said I wouldn't do anything to her little cult following here, so that might have placated her a bit.

Anyway, I found a lead on the Elder Scroll: a place called Blackreach. Have to take a lexicon down there and record what the Scroll has into it.

Here's hoping Septimus Signus isn't actually just a raving lunatic.

Entry 171
Sun's Height, 23rd, 4E 201

So... decided to head to Alfthand by way of Ironbind Barrow. Ended up running into an Argonian mage and a Redguard warrior... or knight. Didn't care for the details.

Anyway, we explored Ironbind Barrow, killed a Warlord, killed the Argonian, and left with another word of power under my belt. Found another word in the Forsaken Cave, and some Tarnished Shards. Still don't have enough for one Triforce, but we're getting there.

Anyway, we've finally arrived at Alfthand. Time to trek into Blackreach and find that Elder Scroll.

Entry 172
Sun's Height, 23rd, 4E 201

Of course...

Like with any Dwemer ruin, there's bound to be Falmer. I don't know why I would expect anything less.

Found a bunch of adventurers - and some skooma addict morons that Inigo did not want us to stick around with - and I feel we're still quite a ways out from Blackreach.

Well, we'll see how things go.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 173-176

Entry 173
Sun's Height, 24th, 4E 201

The Silent City... full of Falmer, people that serve the Falmer until death - probably because their free will has all but disappeared... and a... large... machine?

In any case, this... locomotive... clearly can't move without some sort of conduit. I currently don't have the resources to make it - need a Centurion Dynamo Core, a Black Soul gem, and a Pathfinder Sphere.

No idea what that last one is, but I suppose we'll find out at some point.

Still have an Elder Scroll to find.

Entry 174
Sun's Height, 25th, 4E 201

Got the Elder Scroll - and put in the lexicon and got that runed - before deciding to see if this... machine... would work.

Of course, when I tried to get it to go, a spectre of a Dwemer showed up. He said his name was Zadach Mzarn, and this thing was a locomotive for the Blackreach Railroad. Very... interesting.

Well, there were a bunch of different stations scattered about that I noticed in Blackreach - took care of them, but there should be some uncharted ones we can take care of.

I know Paarthurnax is important, but I'm here, might as well do this.

Entry 175
Sun's Height, 26th, 4E 201

Found a few more uncharted stations, before the cold and fatigue really got to us, so we teleported back to the Scarlett. I think we'll spend the next couple of days just relaxing - even if there's a World-Eater out there and I'm the Akatosh-damned Dragonborn.

I'm still just a person who needs some time to recover. And I know that Inigo, Ignacia, and Ellary can say the same. We've been going at this for quite a while now.

So, we'll rest, recuperate, and probably get back on the road when the month ends.

Entry 176
Sun's Height, 26th, 4E 201

Decided to stop by Septimus's outpost and give him the lexicon. Next thing I knew, he gave me an extractor to get Elven blood and make a fake version of Dwemer blood.

As if that wasn't enough, Hermeaus Mora tried to make me his emissary, the *******.

The Blade of Dusk will always find a way, Mora, and you will not find Azura's champion serving anything close to your whim.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 177-180

Entry 177
Sun's Height, 28th, 4E 201

Did a few more... quests, so to speak, and raided that hall east of Ivarstead. Only need that amulet for Saarthal - if I ever find out how to get in there.

I'm probably gonna take a rest here in High Hrothgar for the rest of the day, maybe do a little more reflection, a little training.

Tomorrow, at dawn, the four of us will head up to Paarthurnax. Something tells me that it won't be as easy as we think.

Who really knows what goes on in the World-Eater's head?

Entry 178
Sun's Height, 30th, 4E 201

Joor Zah Frul... the infamous "Dragonrend" shout. It certainly worked like a charm, and Alduin was no match for us.

Then again, this is Alduin - he wasn't beaten, he was probably just bored or something. So, he flew off after his "defeat". Paarthurnax told me to speak to the Jarl of Whiterun about possibly capturing a dragon, but...

I don't know how Balgruuf will take it. Then again, I haven't spoken to him at all, so me showing up declaring to A) be the Dragonborn, and B) say we need to capture a dragon could land me in a cell very quickly - considering Skyrim's political state.

Entry 179
Sun's Height, 30th, 4E 201

Decided to take the ship to Dawnstar and finally do something about Habd's remains like I should have long ago.

As well, I found a small structure - well, I say small because it was small above ground - that was full of people called the Silver Hand. Apparently, they're werewolf hunters. A shame they were completely hostile to anyone else, which frankly doesn't make any sense at all.

Anyway, we've spotted some towers and forts in the distance. Might as well get through them before nightfall.

Entry 180
Sun's Height, 31st, 4E 201

Spoke with Balgruuf. Unfortunately, I need both the Empire and the Stormcloaks to come to a truce. The problem is, I have never spoken with Ulfric, nor General Tullius before - so I have no idea how I'm going to get through this. I know the others share that sentiment.

I'll have to see if Arngeir has any advice on the matter. I never wanted to get involved in the Civil War, but it seems it's come right to my doorstep, so to speak.

Speaking of speaking, I might need to work on that tongue of mine.

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 181-184

Entry 181
Last Seed, 1st, 4E 201

Gods... my head... it's now swimming with tentacles and eyes and... ugh... Hermeaus Mora... That makes 3 Daedric Princes dancing around in my head.

Be it as it may, that Oghma Infinium book certainly got me some knowledge - including the ability to use my accumulated Dragon Souls to further my abilities, besides knowledge on shouts.

Still, though... it's not something I enjoy doing. I might need some time before I talk to Arngeir and hatch this plan to form a truce.

Heck, I could head to Falkreath and see what Marcus Jannus wants from me.

Entry 182
Last Seed, 1st, 4E 201

So... it seems Marcus had heard my reputation and wanted to know if I knew anything about Helgen. After telling him what I knew, he asked me to talk to the leader of the... mercenaries... that are in Helgen at the moment - a man named Valerius Tiberius Artoria. I need to show the guards the ring and the letter, but the letter is for Val's eyes only.

Not... particularly what I was expecting, but I'm not going to be so sloppy and break Marcus's seal on the letter.

Besides, what kind of hero would I be if I didn't help out? Oh... right... the kind that isn't in House Tirell. Azura give me strength.

Entry 183
Last Seed, 2nd, 4E 201

Seems Marcus's intel was on point - the bandits were led by Valerius. Although, it did take a little convincing for Val's band to allow me to see him.

Val... an Imperial soldier - apparently one of the Keepers of Hattu, whoever they were. I suppose Marcus will be able to tell me more along the road. Then again, I can probably find some books or something on them.

Regardless, it's now dawn, and we're escorting Marcus over to Helgen to see Valerius.

I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen here.

Entry 184
Last Seed, 2nd, 4E 201

Well... talk about a shocker. As we were walking along the road to Helgen, Inigo cried out in pain. He said the feeling was like something was pulling his... mind out of his ears, I believe he said?

Well, whatever it was, I told him to let me know if it happens again... before proceeding to assure Marcus that I'll deal with it and that it shouldn't happen again during our escort.

Key word being "shouldn't".

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Journal Entries 185-188

Entry 185
Last Seed, 2nd, 4E 201

So much for not happening again. Inigo had two more episodes - even Marcus was worried about him. But at least we have an idea of where to go: Snowpoint Beacon.

Anyway, we escorted Marcus to Helgen. He and Val will take a day to get sorted or something, but Marcus... rebuilding Helgen? Admirable, but it might be a foolish endeavour.

Regardless, we have a day. A day we can use to deal with Inigo's mess.

Entry 186
Last Seed, 2nd, 4E 201

Turns out Inigo was getting a... summons... from a man named Langley. A rude man, indeed. He almost ended up with a blade in his throat until he said he was after Inigo, not me.

Afterwards, he sent me out to collect some Snow Thrush Eggs... just so he and Inigo could talk. Right. Anyway, apparently there's this thing called the Doom Strider that Inigo is apparently prophesised to defeat.

And now I'm remembering his quip when we went to Alduin's Wall - about wondering if he had his own prophecy. Turns out he does, clever cat.

Anyway, now we apparently need to wait for Langley to do his summoning/ripping Inigo's mind spell again whenever he manages to find something.

Entry 187
Last Seed, 3rd, 4E 201

That Langley! He's insufferable! Apparently saying that I'm some sort of moron who botched his summon spell?! I was THIS close to ending his life... but...

Well, Inigo and I have been through quite a journey so far. If Inigo trusts him... I guess I have to give him a chance. He apologised, and against my better judgement, I accepted. Inigo was happy with that.

I'm not sure how much I can stand of that guy though. But for now, at least we're back on the Scarlett for the time being. Now the question is whether we head to Helgen... or whether Langley calls us first.

Entry 188
Last Seed, 4th, 4E 201

We headed back to Helgen - stopping by Falkreath on the way and getting some land for a property that I may or may not use but will certainly build when I have the time - and talked with Val... who had a crazy plan to rescue someone from a nearby Thalmor Prison. Disguised as Imperial Soldiers, we had a forged document for a prison transfer.

However, the disguise didn't work, and we were forced to kill all the Thalmor in the prison. Not too shabby, though I would have preferred to use my regular gear. Unfortunately, I had no time to change until we rescued Korst - the man Val was after.

Once we got back, Val told me Marcus wanted to talk. I wonder what he wants.