♡ The Lonely Hearts Club ♡ - When You're around Me, I'm Radioactive

Status
Not open for further replies.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Nothing new for me. Met one of my online friends for the first time earlier this week (she's come over from the US on a study trip). She's a she, so of course that means my mum is automatically being suggestive ("Do you need me to prep the other bedroom" "Yeah, obviously. She's not going to be in mine" "Are you suuuuure").

It gets tiring (for multiple reasons) to keep having to shut her down about that sort of thing. Apparently I can't have female humans in my life who are JUST friends and nothing more. It's gotten to the stage now where even when I insist that there's nothing going on she does the "yeah right" face which really aggravates me. What, can't two people establish a mutual connection of respect without also being intimate/romantic?

But yeah, other than that, I'm perfectly fine.
My mom can be the same way!! She'll make comments like "are you talking to your boyfriend or something?" and I'm just like "no." I wish, but no. I guess she just assumes it because I'll laugh or smile at something I'll see online, and then she goes into the whole boyfriend thing and I'm like "can u stop." It gets really annoying, but it usually gets dismissed pretty quick, thankfully. I'd hate to see her when I actually do bring a boyfriend around, if that ever even happens in the first place (because I gotta actually find a guy first lmao).
I got that from my coworkers at my old job ALL THE TIME. I would be texting or messaging friends and they would make me laugh/smile and two of my coworkers in particular would be like “wHO’s MaKInG yOU smILe LIKe tHaT???” and no matter how much I told them it was a friend they had already decided I was talking to a boy and we were interested in each other lol. They liked to pry in my love life a lot and would probably have freaked out if I had started dating someone while I was still there! I know they meant well so I mostly just ignored it but it was definitely aggravating sometimes.

Nothing really new from me other than the fact that not being long distance anymore has been very nice!!!

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Nothing new for me. Met one of my online friends for the first time earlier this week (she's come over from the US on a study trip). She's a she, so of course that means my mum is automatically being suggestive ("Do you need me to prep the other bedroom" "Yeah, obviously. She's not going to be in mine" "Are you suuuuure").

It gets tiring (for multiple reasons) to keep having to shut her down about that sort of thing. Apparently I can't have female humans in my life who are JUST friends and nothing more. It's gotten to the stage now where even when I insist that there's nothing going on she does the "yeah right" face which really aggravates me. What, can't two people establish a mutual connection of respect without also being intimate/romantic?

But yeah, other than that, I'm perfectly fine.
Well this sounds vaguely familiar. I die

The joking about literally any male I interact with from my parents is one big reason I don’t tell them - or really, anyone - things. I don’t need to deal with all the crap I’d get.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I have a huge, very important update, you guys! Hold onto your butts, because it's going to surprise you!

I'm still single.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Well this sounds vaguely familiar. I die

The joking about literally any male I interact with from my parents is one big reason I don’t tell them - or really, anyone - things. I don’t need to deal with all the crap I’d get.
Oh hey, me too. Mum then likes to call me out with "You don't tell me anything, so I have to pry". First of all, what. Second of all, of course I don't want to tell her things the more she pries and the more of what my previous post mentioned. "We always raised you to be open and honest with us, we don't know why you're always so secretive". I'm guessing you've heard that one before, too?

SergeantSunshine

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Username: SergeantSunshine
Nickname(s): Cass
Gender (optional): female
Relationship Status (optional): single
ARE YOU LONELY?: yes, very lonely :sadazurill:

BZWGolem

Conspirator☆
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
My love life seems fine :happyazurill:
Right now we are trying to figure out which piece of furniture we can live without, to make room for a baby bed.
The best candidate so far seems to be the bookshelf with our manga collection D:

ihsaan

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
hehehe
Nickname(s): ihsaan
Gender (optional): male
Relationship Status (optional): gamer
ARE YOU LONELY?: yeS

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
Time Zone
CST
IGN
Jarrod
Username: BasedJarrod
Nickname(s): Jarrod
Gender (optional): Male
Relationship Status (optional): You would not believe your eyes, if 10 million fireflies, flew away from me cuz I’m ugly
ARE YOU LONELY?: Yes :sadazurill:

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
can we have a big F for this showing up on my feed

So how accurately does this meme describe you guys? Pretty sure this was me last semester when someone slid into my DMs and I was like haha nope.

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
Time Zone
CST
IGN
Jarrod
Dam this hurts to look at. Thankfully I’m talking with this girl on Tinder rn so maybe I won’t be a lonely heart soon

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
i had a guy crushing on me in highschool who i thought was kinda cute and we talked a tiny but nothing ever happened

then when i went to college he started messaging me randomly and told me he still liked me a lot and it kinda creeped me out cuz we hadn't talked for years hehhhhhhh

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
That meme doesn't describe me at all. I'd need for, y'know, a girl to message/tell me that in order for that to happen.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
That meme actually kind of describes me right now. My parents keep pointing out people flirting with me in public, but I haven’t been interested in any of them (I didn’t know they were because I can’t recognize that sort of thing). I didn’t feel that way because I’d rather get to know someone than jump in right away.

Last edited:

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Yep sums up the weirdos that dm me I'm Facebook. Though I tend to just ignore them completely. Don't know if that is worse...

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Good luck @BasedJarrod !!

That meme would definitely describe me from like a few years ago, haha.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Aside from a year ago the last time a boy outright told me he liked me was in middle school so I can’t relate the the meme no haha

Status
Not open for further replies.