Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually

Welcome to The Meloetta Theater!

Welcome, ladies, gentlemen, and anyone in between to The Meloetta Theater!
This is Marilland’s sort of “Off Broadway” theatre. A spiritual successor to Loog Noog Theater,
we put on audio plays for this wonderful community to enjoy.
All sorts of colorful characters will delight your senses through the talented voice actors,
imaginative artists, clever directors, and hard work of the crew!
Now, please get some refreshments, take your seats, and enjoy the show!

Last edited:

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
And the next show will be…
?

Last edited:

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually

Interested in helping?
Currently we’re looking for staff to help with our first ever show. If you’re interested, fill out an application! There’s info below on each crew member’s responsibilities, what you need in your application, and how many people will be accepted in each. If you would like to apply for more than one, you only need to fill out the positions and provide short examples for each. If there are multiple people applying for the same position I may contact you for an “interview”. Here’s an application from me for example. (I may apply for other positions later, but this is just an example)

Username: DeepSeaPrincess
Discord: SirenOfManySongs
Position: Producer
Example of work/why you’re interested: I’ve been wanting to help with shows here from the very start, and with Loog Noog Theater currently not open and their lovely director away I decided to set up this little place. I want to give others a chance to do that too!
Are you thinking about auditioning for a musician or acting part?: You better believe it!

Producer *
Filled by DeepSeaPrincess
“I’m a producer. I make things happen.”
The producer is in charge of assembling the creative team, overseeing production, setting schedules and deadlines, publicizing, publishing the finished product, and making final decisions. Many decisions can be delegated to others, but the producer has the final say.

Director *
One person
The director helps with the choice of cast and instructs the actors to bring the story to life. They are in charge of artistic decisions.
The director may audition for a role, but must be prepared for the work of directing themselves.

Stage Manager *
One person
The stage manager has a lot of work to do. They keep notes on each rehearsal, including any changes to script. They keep notes on the director’s decision. They arrange rehearsal schedules, and keep track of actors who are absent. They are “on book” in case an absent actor has a part in that day’s scene. They are the main means of communication between each group.
The stage manager cannot usually have more than a minor role unless there’s an assistant since it’s a pretty busy job.

Sound Designer *
One Person
The sound designer is in charge of background music and accompaniment. They make sure the music fits in with the director’s vision and emotion of the scene. They are also in charge of sound effects for the show.

Art Director
One person
The art director is in charge of the artists involved. They work with the sound director and director to make sure the art matches the scene in design and emotion, and help the artists portray these.

Casting Director *
Up to four people
The casting director is in charge of casting the show. Together with the director they choose actors to portray each character.
Casting directors can only audition for roles if there are at least two, to make casting an easier process. If only one is there, they can audition for ensemble, but not a role.

Editor *
Any Amount
The editor is in charge of putting it all together. They take the lines from actors, music and sound effects, and art to make the final video/audio show.

Voice Acting Coach
Up to two
The voice acting coach meets with actors to help them with their acting. They give tips and answer questions as well as help with scenes and practice.

Vocal Coach
Up to two
The singing coach helps actors with their singing. They help them portray emotion in their singing and assist in practice.

Assistants
One Per Category
Any major position can have an assistant, who will take over in their absence and assist in the tasks. The positions who can have assistants are: Producer, Director, Editor, Stage Manager, and Sound Designer.

Artists *
Any Amount
The artists work on the art used in the video. They take the story and director’s vision and add a little visual!

*Necessary for each production.

Username:
Discord:
Position: (please list all positions you’re applying for)
Example of work/why you’re interested: (For example, write about why you’re interested in directing or show an example of your art.)
Are you thinking about auditioning for a musician or acting part?:

Last edited:

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually

Welcome musicians and actors! If you’re interested in being a part of the show, here is where you audition! You may either post your audition here or if you are uncomfortable with this you may send it over discord.

If you’re uncertain about the best song to choose, your range, or anything else, please message me and I’m happy to help!

How will auditions work?
Each person will fill out an application in send in an audition with a song and few lines. Please include music if you’re submitting a full song if possible! Don’t worry- there’s no cutting! If you only auditioned for music or ensemble, you don’t need to do anymore for the auditioning process. But for role actors it’s a little longer.

For leading roles:
-Two monologues and two songs in different styles.

For supporting roles:
-Two short monologues and a song.

For minor roles:
-A short monologue and a short song/few verses.

From here, the casting director(s) will choose those who will get called back. The people who don’t will get ensemble. The people who are called back will go to one of two callback audition calls with the casting director(s) and possibly the director. They’ll read lines, go through a few pre-selected scenes, and sing. From there, the final cast will be posted and production will officially begin!

Username:
Availability: (please include timezone)
Discord:
Music/Actor/Both: (If musician only, ignore next four sections. If only interested in singing and not acting, please note it.)
Genders/Ages you can play:
Voice type: (soprano/alto/tenor/bass etc and range)
Role size: (If you don’t care, please note and we will contact you for more if considered for role)
Describe yourself in one sentence:
Why are you interested in auditioning?:
Audition: (Must either send privately in a PM/Discord to DeepSeaPrincess or include here.)

Last edited:

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
One last reserve to be safe, go ahead and post!

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Username: LuluRina
Discord: LuluRina
Position: Stage Manager
(assistant of stage manager if someone else wants it too)
Example of work/why you’re interested: I'm interested because It honestly seems kinda fun to me. I like jotting down notes and focusing on stuff that is important, and last play I was in I kinda memorised two roles even when I only had to memorise one :P
Are you thinking about auditioning for a musician or acting part?: Yea maybe... probably not this next one, but maybe a play after it.

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
How nice, it's lovely to see another musical project on these forums!

Username: Azuviin
Discord: Michelle#8159
Position: Artists
Example of work/why you’re interested: Here's my art thread! I just like art and seeing it in a project like this would be a lot of fun =)
Are you thinking about auditioning for a musician or acting part?: I'm not much of an actor or musician, but who knows, I might try it out.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Thank you to the people who have applied! I have a separate list of people who have applied, so don't worry if you don't see yourself up anywhere yet!

Edited a few role descriptions and rules, to make it easier for people who want to audition but may be curious about helping! Please take a look if you're interested:)

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Position: Director, Casting Director, Vocal Coach, Sound Designer
Example of work/why you’re interested: For director, I have so many different ideas for how several shows could go and would love to see them come to life (same reasoning for Sound Desinger)! For casting director, it’s common for the director to be part of casting, to help the show really come to life well and make sure the right actors are in the right roles! For vocal coach, I’ve sung all my life and feel I could help others achieve their best performance with the experience I have!
Are you thinking about auditioning for a musician or acting part in this show?: You better believe it!

If no one else objects, I will be closing applications a day early and work on choosing the show will begin!

Last edited:

WinterKaiser

Official Forum Lurker
AKA
TheSpartanWolf, Spartan, Tom
Time Zone
GMT
Username: WinterKaiser
Discord: WinterKaiser#8000
Position: Voice Acting Coach, Sound Designer
Example of work/why you’re interested:
I’m an amateur voice actor! I’ve been involved with several YouTube-based projects, have been involved with every Loog Noog Production and star as the main role in the Pokemon Black & White production, and I am currently writing and recording my own radio drama for an assignment at University for my Games Design and Creative Writing degree!
Are you thinking about auditioning for a musician or acting part in this show?: Of course! I would love to work as an actor for any upcoming projects!

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I'm so very excited to announce that out first show has already been chosen! We will be performing....

So thankfully I was able to get some help from someone off-forum for things I can't do, thanks lilbunnyhop! And thanks to everyone who signed up! Keep an eye on the thread, the show choice should be announced soon and auditions will begin:)

Producer/Director/Casting Director #1/Vocal Coach: DeepSeaPrincess

Editor/Casting Director #2: lilbunnyhop

Stage Manager: LuluRina

Sound Designer/Voice Acting Coach: WinterKaiser

Artists: Azuviin

Art applications will be open throughout the production:)

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
I've been getting a familiar itch...

Username: Bones Barlow
Availability: Nights? It's hard to say, my work schedule isn't set. Timezone is EST.
Discord: BonesBarlow#6038
Music/Actor/Both: Both
Genders/Ages you can play: Males, mostly adults but could possibly do old and young-ish characters
Voice type: Baritone I think? I could also go a bit higher or lower than my normal speaking voice, you've heard me do my Beast and Prince voices.
Role size: Literally any size would be nice, honestly.
Who are your ideal roles?: Hard to say, not seeing a lot of lower voice types there. Genie would be fun, but I'm not sure if my voice would work.
Describe yourself in one sentence: Spooky candy coating, soft uwu center.
Why are you interested in auditioning?: Honestly? I miss performing.
Audition: Will send privately within a few days.

Last edited:

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Availability: Weekends primarily, soon to be in MDT but currently PDT
Music/Actor/Both: Actor
Genders/Ages you can play: Primarily adult/young adult women, but I think I could pull off a small child if needed.
Voice type: Soprano, wide range
Role size: Any
Who are your ideal roles?: Genie, though I'll audition for Jasmine as well cause I like singing
Describe yourself in one sentence: A friendly, silly, determined dreamer.
Why are you interested in auditioning?: It's me. I'm always gonna take an opportunity to perform, it's my passion and reason for living!
Audition: I'll edit in sometime soon.

Last edited:

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Username: Luke Strife
Availability: A bit of a crappy one at the moment. I can be caught with reliability late in the evening GMT most days.
Discord: Luke Strife#2499
Music/Actor/Both: Actor
Genders/Ages you can play: A tough one to categorise, there's a wide range of voices I can do. There are times when I struggle with younger voices though. So we'll say adolescent to old man. I think my voice is probably too deep to pass for a female voice.
Voice type: Baritone mostly I think? I can pull off a Bass voice fairly easily too.
Role size: Any is great.
Who are your ideal roles?: Man, it would be so cool if I could pull off Jafar. Playing the bad guy rules. It would of course be awesome to be the legendary Genie, but I really doubt I'd be able to do him justice! I'll be fine with any extras too, if needs be.
Describe yourself in one sentence: Gamer with a dry sense of humour and a passion for making people laugh.
Why are you interested in auditioning?: I love playing a role, especially if it means I get to use a new voice for it. I've done a lot of that already for my own amusement, and in my D&D adventures where I have to adopt many personas. I love to entertain people, and this will be yet another avenue for me to do so. Even if I don't get picked for a part, this is such a cool idea that I wish it all the best and will support it however I can.
Audition: Similar to Bones, I'll send it to you privately within a few days once I figure out what I'll do. Please kick me up the ass if I forget.

Last edited:

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
AKA
Daam
Username: Moxie

Discord: Moxie#2389

Availability: GMT +5.5 Availability is a bit sketchy, but I can make times if I need to! College folks like me are weak. Though Weekends I'm reliably free

Music/Actor/Both: Both Singing and Acting

Genders/Ages you can play: I can play about anything, but I don’t have a very convincing female voice even though my base voice is relatively high

Voice type: Tenor probably fits best. Not 100% sure

Role size: I’m good with any size from big to small

Who are your ideal roles?: I feel like I can pull of Iago? Though I don’t have an ideal role in mind besides that

Describe yourself in one sentence: Energetic about new things yet nervous at the same time

Why are you interested in auditioning?:I think this sounds really interesting! And I’d love to try out for this project since I didn’t get a chance to back when Solar was running it.

Audition: I will it send to DSP by the weekend! Saying it here will stress me out enough to finish ^^

Last edited:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
Username: Kaori
Discord: veebcrry#9614
Position: Artist
Example of work/why you’re interested: Here's my Instagram! I have been drawing digitally for almost 10 years now so I thought it would be nice to participate in a group project! It'll also help me step out of my comfort zone a little and draw a wider variety of things.
Are you thinking about auditioning for a musician or acting part?: Probably not. ^^;; I'm not very confident in my own voice.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I just realized I forgot to add Discord to the audition form! Please add that if you've already filled it out, so sorry!

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Username: SAF
Availability: Don't think I can really say here, but I'll make time if needed. And as for my timezone, it's GMT +7
Discord: SAF#2113
Music/Actor/Both: Err, music. I'm not that good at acting, y'see
Describe yourself in one sentence: That one lady who considers herself as a random kid
Why are you interested in auditioning?: Just wanna try out with the theater. Plus, it's been a long time since the last time I had a showtime.
Audition: Gotta send it privately :whistleazurill:

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Auditions have been extended as I have some personal things coming up. Now you have until the 15th to sign up!

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
After quite a bit of thought and some discussion, the deadline has been increased until April 29th and applications are opened to those off-site! Please, tell anyone you think would love to be a part of this show. We are especially in need of actresses!
For those auditioning off-site, just tell them to send auditions over Discord with the Discord option taken off and their username there.

Apologies for how slow this has been going!

Last edited: