Hello fellow Marrilanders! We have reached a point for our staff team where recruiting new members is necessary — so we are opening up applications!
If you are interested, you can find more information in this thread.
Your Checkpoint is to get to the bottom of the Solaceon Ruins. This is the room that has 4 items, including Defog, in it. You may not go north of Solaceon Town yet. The Checkpoint will have a non-elimination battle. Calaf and Null have immunity. The level cap is 30.
Calaf and Null may do their battle whenever they're free. They cannot proceed in game until their battle is finished and their punishments and rewards have been decided. Please announce when the battle is starting in this thread along with a link to the replay of the battle.
The punishment will be RNGed among one of the following punishments.
1) The loser must release a Pokemon of the winner's choice.
2) The loser may not buy items until after beating Wake.
3) The loser must throw away everything in the medicine pocket of their bag.
The winner will pick one of the following rewards.
1) The winner receives an egg that will be completely randomized by me.
2) The winner gets a Varhii™ brand Revive. A revive that works even on those afflicted with Nuzlocke.
3) The winner may return to a previously explored route and attempt to catch their first encounter there. Dupes clause is in effect for this.
Additionally, the winner may steal one of their opponent's Pokemon. The loser is allowed to protect one Pokemon to keep their opponent from taking it.
Sponsors, you receive 1,000 coins for this being a new checkpoint. You may still bet on the battle or give items to the tributes in the battle as long as you send them in before the battle begins.
@seaturtle has decided to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight. He receives a Master Ball, but in return, he can only use each Pokemon Center once throughout the rest of his playthrough. Using the PC also counts as a use of Pokemon Center. He may use both in the same visit though. (Note a PC use only involves moving Pokemon from the party to the box or vice-versa. You can still view these Pokemon.) You may still use previous Pokemon Centers, but only once.
seaturtle's first choice: Berries
Eevee's first choice: Nothing
Moxie's first choice: Item Lottery + Balls
BasedJarrod's second choice: Cherish Balls
Calaf's second choice: 4000 Coin TM
Kaori's second choice: Assorted Balls
Null's first choice: EV Power item
Pay 5000 coins for Occa Berry (2000), Shuca Berry (2000), and Petaya Berry (1000) to @seaturtle
Pay 4500 coins for Item Lottery (3500) and 4 Cherish Balls (4*250 = 1000) to @Moxie
Pay 3500 coins for 14 Cherish Balls (14*250 = 3500) to @BasedJarrod
Pay 2000 coins for Roar TM to @Calaf
Pay 3500 coins for 1 Repeat Ball (250), 1 Premier Ball (250), 1 Nest Ball (750), 1 Net Ball (500), 1 Dive Ball (500), 1 Luxury Ball (500), 1 Heal Ball (500), and 1 Cherish Ball (250) to @Kaori
Pay 7500 coins for Power Anklet to @Null
Assigned values to selections. Awarded 7 points for the highest pick, 6 to the next, and so on. Gave 0 points to 8th and 9th picks, due to zero chance of being chosen. Counted seaturtle's Berries pick as a 7.
- Initially listed the berries as one each of the effort value lowering berries. Needed to bump up the value. Considered any berry as an extra. Disliked the cost variation. Switched to full choice instead.
- Hoped for someone to spring for Trick Room. Understands why, though. Grew fonder of it in Doubles with a prepared team.
- Expected better from the Light Clay + Heart Scale. Blames the Brick Break TM. Probably lost value from switching 8 Cherish Balls for the Heart Scale too. Wanted variety. Became too niche with another hold item.
PLAYER: EEVEE (LIZZY) CHECKPOINT REACHED: BOTTOM OF THE RUINS
»Bought 10 Great Balls in Hearthome City.
»Bought 10 Dusk Balls in Solaceon Town.
»First encounter on Route 209: male Empoleon. Named: Ko'nani.
»First encounter in Ruined Tower: female Xatu. Teleported away.
»First encounter in Solaceon Ruins: Zapdos. Didn't dupes, 10 Dusk Balls, 7 Great Balls, ended up killing it.