The -=OFFICIAL=- Marriland Chatterbox Topic V. 54!

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Watched the first episode of SAO War of Underworld Part 2 tonight. I know a lot of people write it off, and I'm not going to claim it's a masterpiece, but I've really enjoyed watching SAO over the summer and into the school year and I'm super excited that the end of season 4 is nearly upon us.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I watched one episode of Alicization or whatever on Adult Swim, and I don't know if the translation was bad, but the dialogue was written like a kid's anime.
It sure as hell isn't as bad as the abomination that is the Alfheim arc, but it was not good.

DitzyDaffy

New Trainer
I really need to watch some anime again... anyone have any recs for this season? I like shoujo type stuff mainly, sometimes shounen (I love JoJo)

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Well, I guess we're still on the subject of SAO. It just finished its fourth season, so if you've never watched that or if you need to catch up, now's as good a time as any.

gylfie

rawr
I’m gonna recommend Tower of God even tho it was a spring release bc I want it to get a season 2 :P
I watched one episode of Alicization or whatever on Adult Swim, and I don't know if the translation was bad, but the dialogue was written like a kid's anime.
It sure as hell isn't as bad as the abomination that is the Alfheim arc, but it was not good.
whenever anyone talks about watching SAO I just can’t think of why you’d watch the original instead of the abridged :”0

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
I’m gonna recommend Tower of God even tho it was a spring release bc I want it to get a season 2 :P
whenever anyone talks about watching SAO I just can’t think of why you’d watch the original instead of the abridged :”0
Oooh SAO Abridged is great. I need to watch that again.

gylfie

rawr
Do it! They actually just put out a new episode this week I think!

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Do it! They actually just put out a new episode this week I think!
Rest assured, I watched Abridged as well, and I loved it. But I still wanted to watch the original as well, for the experience if nothing else.

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
I can't speak for SAO Abridged- but Yugioh Abridged was something I loved back in the day. Plenty of quotable lines that are totally products of old internet humor- but are iconic nonetheless.

Darjeeling

Flowering Nights
AKA
Elizabeth
Hmmm... I'm particular to Hellsing Abridged myself, to be honest. YGOTAS is interesting, but not totally my cup of tea. SAOA is... concussive maintenance on a really really bad show so bad that the fact that it's bad is a meme has become a meme of itself. Surprisingly, it works. Kinda.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Cynical Toast could hack it as a member of Something Witty Entertainment. Look no further for an encyclopedic cascade of Internet memes.

gylfie

rawr
Mildly off topic but still anime related: way of the house husband and spy x family are both getting anime adaptations next year and i am HYPED :nanihmmazurill:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Random guesses:

Way of the House Husband = stay-at-home dad manual

Spy x Family = 2000s Disney Channel original movie

How close am I?

Rex

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
SW-5093-8160-1932
IGN
Ricky
I heard about Way of the House Husband but not Spy x Family. I've only read a little bit of both but I'll happily watch both.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Ngl, I immediately thought of that Jackie Chan movie "Spy Next Door".
Which I imagine is much worse than Spy x Family will be.

gylfie

rawr
way of the house husband is a manga about an ex yakuza member who becomes a house husband. it's hysterical and i highly recommend reading it.
read right to left!

spy x family is a manga about a spy who needs to pretend he has a family for Spy ReasonsTM and so he ends up with an assassin willing to be his fake wife for her own reasons. neither knows the other's identity. he adopts a kid who is secretly a telepath so she's the only one who knows her new parents are spies. cue slow burn romance and hilarious chaos. also highly recommend this one, especially if you enjoy spy vs spy antics and fake relationships gradually becoming real.

I don't know if I've ever seen spy next door :"D

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I'm not much of a manga reader but both of those do look great! I chuckled hard at the House Husband panels.

Darjeeling

Flowering Nights
AKA
Elizabeth
Much agree about the chuckling part for the House Husband panels. They are amusing. Though I don't much read manga either, these days.

gylfie

rawr
If you're looking to get back into it and read legally to support the artists, shonen jump and mangaplus have a bunch of titles where you can read the first 3 and latest 3 chapters for free! Then if you really wanna read the rest, you can pay I think 3$/month for unlimited access to their library. Not to mention you can get a free week trial. You can check out their selection on their website; it's extremely worth $3/month imo.

I sort of fell out of the habit of reading manga for a while but got back into it when I found out that these apps existed. Now I'm following a handful of series' and it's like a bonus thing to look forward to every week. :)
I wanna make my on kinda comics sometime so I consider it...research. yes. research.