The -=OFFICIAL=- Marriland Chatterbox Topic V. 54!

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Creative Soul
AKA
lizzy
i didnt drink all that much on new years as i had a soreish throat and didnt wanna get sick. still got slightly buzzed on ginger ale mixed with whiskey tho!

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I didn't drink on new years eve. Thought about it and had alcohol for the event, but just wasn't feeling it.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I drank alcohol-free champagne on new years eve, and before you ask, alcohol-free champagne is a thing.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
i wasn't for a long time bc my family has a really bad history with it. i was one of those kids who insisted "i'm never gonna drink!!" and then ppl laughed. even when i turned 21 i didn't want much to do with it. but now i'm 24 and i've gotten more comfortable with it. still very careful tho ;3
Well I'm happy to hear you're more comfortable with it. Nobody should insist that you ought to drink, only do it if you feel like it. I drink very often, but usually only casually for the taste, not to get drunk.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
Well I'm happy to hear you're more comfortable with it. Nobody should insist that you ought to drink, only do it if you feel like it. I drink very often, but usually only casually for the taste, not to get drunk.
yeah, getting actually drunk is very overrated, i avoid it as much as i can........... the warm fuzzies can be nice tho!

most of all, it's fun to try different kinds. it is actually so interesting how many different variations of alcohol there is

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i wasn't for a long time bc my family has a really bad history with it. i was one of those kids who insisted "i'm never gonna drink!!" and then ppl laughed. even when i turned 21 i didn't want much to do with it. but now i'm 24 and i've gotten more comfortable with it. still very careful tho ;3
is this gonna be me i’m one of those kids <:3

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I never drink alcohol ever, even though I've been legal for close to 6 years now. It just isn't my thing.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
that’s not very promising

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
what the everloving gobstoppers does that mean???

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
what the everloving gobstoppers does that mean???
he could end up getting more comfortable with drinking after a few years, or not. :hmmazurill:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
No, that was directed towards Kaleb because I have no idea what he meant by that!

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
o hjeck i think he dont wanna grow up to be either of us kilza ):

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
noooo!!!! it’s just not promising bc i have a chance of drinking when i’ve always been like “why would i drink that’s dumbbbbbb”

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
well kaleb it does happen a LOT. drinking is something that can be very dangerous and should be taken seriously, but that also leads people to grow up despising it and wanting nothing to do with it, usually because of negative experiences with people close to them. If they try it later on, they find it's not so terrifying and can actually be a nice thing in moderation as long as you remain in control. You may never touch it and that's totally fine (and probably for the best lol). But if one day you decide to try it and like it, nothing wrong with that either.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
well ya i know that. alcohol (and drug) addiction has been in my family forever. i just gotta not get addicted if i ever do try it <:3

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
I'm turning 18 in 3 days, and I can safely say I'm not as keen as the rest of my fellow cohort to start drinking.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unlike you, when I was a kid, I was all, "When I turn 21, I'm gonna get SOOOO hammered like, every day!"

But really I only drink socially and I've been drunk exactly three times in my life.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
I feel on both of these things. I ended up relaxing comfortably somewhere in the middle. And I hear you about the different tastes, Shhmew. I never have a particular type that I always have, I just go with whatever tastes good. Thankfully there's a ton to choose from! Disaronno + Coke (which basically tastes like an alcoholic Dr Pepper) is one of my favourites to relax with. It's just so smooth tasting. Recently I also bought some very fruity wine, Strawberry and Elderflower, and Tropical Fruit. Both are really nice to chill with. Really they're both kinda weak anyway. Disaronno is a bit higher at 28% but at the rate I drink it, I don't think I ever feel it.