• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

The -=OFFICIAL=- Marriland Chatterbox Topic V. 54!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Not really a health related thing, but we once had a guy in the ICU who was on some kind of drugs, looking for someone IN the ICU, wanting to harm them. They locked him in of the rooms, which had sliding glass doors, but he kicked the door and shattered it. Needless to say, the cops were called.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I'll take obscure facts for 400.
it's hard to come up with something "obscure" uh grapefruit interacts with tons of medications because it's evil
Everything, Dino, we want to know all the medical knowledge that you can share.
Idk if I have time for that.
Is it true that cat videos can cure cancer?
Most definitely.
Can Avada Kedavra save lives?
I mean I guess if used on someone who was about to end lives it could.
What is the weirdest sort of injury/health scare you've seen while working? :hmmazurill:
I mean I don't work in the ER so I don't see anything that out there tbh. Also some of the weird things are kind of gross so probably not the best place to share them lol. During my ER clinical there was a kid who came to get a popcorn kernel removed from their ear.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
@Grapefruit: Yup yup yup. I've taken many medications that straight up say "Don't eat grapefruit. Period". Good thing I'm indifferent to the fruit

We have nurses that work with us that monitor the heart monitors all the OR patients, and a few others for things like Blood Pressure, and we used be able to camera into rooms many years ago. Once, we had to camera into the room of a confused man who screamed all night (yay -_-). He screamed about various things, but the funniest was when he demanded the cauterize him.
Preeeeeeeetty sure he meant catheterize. Like 99% sure.

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT
A bit late on the whole allergy thing, but I was thankful to not have any allergies since forever, but then a few years ago my body decided to randomly start suffering with hayfever, so **** you too I guess. Thanks for nothing, flesh-robot. Hoping I grow out of that at some point, I hate the feeling. Used to love wandering through nature during the spring time, now I can only do it while very medicated. Nasal spray ftw.

I heard from somewhere that allergies typically have a seven year cycle? Is this ******** or what? Hoping there is truth to that, then it means I only have another three or so years more to deal with this crap.

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
I'd rather avoid the hospital if I can help it. Too afraid of that place.

... Plus, medical bills.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I love grapefruit wtf

Flo

Spectacular Genie Superstar
Time Zone
BST
bubba loves the grapefruit technique confirmed

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
I wish various aspects of the United States encouraged the use of medical services more frequently. Only reason my parents take my brothers and I to the doctors for **** so much is because we have stupid good health insurance through my dad's job.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i need to set up a doctor appointment badly... ; ; it one of those random adults things im having a very hard time doing alone

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I haven't been to a doctor in years, but I'm pretty healthy so I should be fine.

*dies of a mystery illness tomorrow that could've been prevented by seeing a doctor*

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Kilza, is your foot itchy?

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
I was supposed to go to the eye doctor in December for a routine check-up but it didn't work out so I'm not sure when I'll go. It'll hopefully be fine for now though, as long as I get to one within the next several months.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I really need to go to the dentist but adulting is hard

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
That is so true tbh. Even determining which groceries to buy and what to cook can be tough