The -=OFFICIAL=- Marriland Chatterbox Topic V. 54!

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Funny. A friend of mine was just telling me about all the poop themed games that kept being advertised for kids near her.

---

It's my sister's wedding today. Going to be out all day long. Unsure if I'm looking forward to this or not. Just feels surreal to be honest. Haven't been to a wedding in years, but this feels different for some reason.

Wren

Adept Trainer
All of the weddings I've been to in recent years were for cousins that I don't know all too well.

In fact, the last wedding I went to was for a cousin that I didn't even know existed. I did not get a chance to meet her at the wedding, but I did meet and talk to her new husband and now know him better than I do my cousin. :/

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
I hope you have a good time luke!! I think weddings will always feel like a surreal experience, especially when it's a close relative like your sister.

I totally understand meeting up with cousins who literally feel like strangers, my family isn't close at all with relatives, but my parents somehow have vivid memories of everyone and they expect me and my brother to be really buddy buddy with all these cousins who we feel like we've never met. Most live in the US or Norway, but even the ones who live in aus we don't talk to much. My mum would be like "hey, you know -insert cousin name- right?? you saw them when you were 6, I know you're close they're literally your older sibling!!"

Also I've only been to one wedding in my life, I think. It was at least 7 years ago, it was for a cousin I actually knew a little bit. I remember having a terrible time, I got ready with my sister-in-law and her baby and it was a nightmare.

Wren

Adept Trainer
Most of my extended family lives in the US, but only those on my dad's side live in Washington, so they're the ones I know better. My mom's sister lives in California with her family, and my father lives across the country with his family. The rest of my mom's family lives in Hong Kong.

The family of the cousin from that wedding, I actually consider myself somewhat close to. Every year that I visited my father, I would also visit them because they lived in the same relative area (Maryland and New York). It's probably just that she was around college age when I first started visiting them, and maybe the topic just... didn't come up.

Hilariously, I was the last person to know that I'd be attending the wedding. The reason I was there in the first place was to visit my father. They were like, "Hey, great to see you! By the way, your cousin's having a wedding and you're going. Sorry for our poor planning!"

~Kilza~

Hurting
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
The last wedding I went to was in 2011 for one of my cousins down in Calgary that I knew fairly well. I have no idea when I'll next attend a wedding tbh. My family is fairly small, two of my three cousins are married, the last one is only 15 or so years old. My sister and I aren't married, so in all likelihood the next family wedding would be my sister's, although that'd still be years away from happening.

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
For me, the last wedding I went to was a year ago in California. Things there were fun! Obviously the next one is two months away, for my brother and his girlfriend. Feels like a long time ago when we were looking for a venue...

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
i haven't been to a wedding in a very very long time

~Kilza~

Hurting
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
There hasn't been a post in here in awhile. Guess everybody died, oh well.

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
hi

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
that's cold

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
I am also dead, yes.

But in all seriousness, my week has been better. My sister got married a week ago and that was a great day. I'll post a few photos in the photo thread soon. This Saturday just gone was a great RP filled day, had back to back Pathfinder and then D&D, and both were really good sessions.

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Glad ya' had some good sessions! It was a relatively quiet weekend here, which I was happy for.

~Kilza~

Hurting
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
tbh I just wanna write "h" here in response to that, but that'd be too spammy