Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
The Official Scramble Thread

If you're starting a scramble challenge and need other members to select the Pokemon for you to use, then this is the place for you! The purpose of this thread is to have an easy-to-access place for anyone to request/give Pokemon for scramble challenges, since sometimes it can be hard to get/give Pokemon in a challenge thread itself.

A scramble challenge is a challenge where your team is chosen for you by other forum members. If you really want a challenge, you might also choose to have other members choose your moves, too! A scramble is a sure way to have a new experience when playing through a game. If you're looking to start a scramble, just post here with what game you'll be playing and then other members can give you your Pokemon!

For those of you giving Pokemon, please remember to give Pokemon that the player can actually catch. If someone is playing Pokemon Black, giving them a Squirtle wouldn't work out well since they can't catch it. There could be exceptions to this rule, such as egg trading, but this is on a case-by-case basis. Please also do not give useless Pokemon to a challenger, such as Magikarp or Sunkern. The full list of useless Pokemon can be found under the Scramble Challenge section in this thread. Also, it can be a great idea to quote a user by clicking the "reply" button on their post so they get a notification that you gave them a Pokemon to use.

Lastly, please remember that this thread is specifically for giving Pokemon, and not for discussing challenges. Thanks!

Last edited:

icelandic

Adept Trainer
May as well be first :-)

I'm still planning on doing my scramble in Leaf Green, with the complication that I need breeding pairs. I already have Wigglytuff, Jumpluff, Nidoking, and Snorlax, so I just need two more Pokemon that can breed with each other, preferably including something available before Pewter City.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I’d suggest something for you, but I already suggested Nidoking and Snorlax on the old forums....Ah well!

I’ve been thinking, and I kinda want to try a scramble challenge as well! It’s been a while since I’ve attempted one, so I want to try and do one again. It’s definitely going to be more relaxing than my other challenge.

Seeing as others are doing challenges on Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, I don’t want to rib on icelandic and play FireRed, and I don’t want to do two Gen 5 challenges at the same time, I figure that a good game to attempt a Scramble on is Omega Ruby!

I like the idea of doing a themed scramble, and my theme (and title) is “cherry blossom melancholy”; this means I’m going to be using only psychic types, dark types, ghost types, and grass types. (Psychic/Dark/Ghost all fit melancholy, and Grass fits cherry blossoms.)

I’d like at least two Pokémon before the third gym, so please keep that in mind!

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I’d suggest something for you, but I already suggested Nidoking and Snorlax on the old forums....Ah well!

I’ve been thinking, and I kinda want to try a scramble challenge as well! It’s been a while since I’ve attempted one, so I want to try and do one again. It’s definitely going to be more relaxing than my other challenge.

Seeing as others are doing challenges on Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, I don’t want to rib on icelandic and play FireRed, and I don’t want to do two Gen 5 challenges at the same time, I figure that a good game to attempt a Scramble on is Omega Ruby!

I like the idea of doing a themed scramble, and my theme (and title) is “cherry blossom melancholy”; this means I’m going to be using only psychic types, dark types, ghost types, and grass types. (Psychic/Dark/Ghost all fit melancholy, and Grass fits cherry blossoms.)

I’d like at least two Pokémon before the third gym, so please keep that in mind!
I’ll give you Shiftry and Slaking.

I was also thinking of doing an undocumented scramble of X version. Any suggestions are welcome!

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I’ll give you Shiftry and Slaking.

I was also thinking of doing an undocumented scramble of X version. Any suggestions are welcome!
I’ll take Shiftry (Grass/Dark), but Slaking is a normal type, not one of the types I listed. As a reminder, I’m only using Grass, Psychic, Ghost, and Dark types for this scramble.

For an X scramble, how about Aegislash and Azumarill?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Okay, how about Alakazam as your second Pokémon?

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
That works for me!

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Vivid Stardust, how about one of the most challenging but potentially most powerful Pokemon: Shedinja.

And for Neb, maybe give one of XY's trademark Pokemon a go: Furfrou.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I’ll take Shedinja! I’ve never looked into bug types, so I didn’t realize Shedinja was part Ghost type!

Lorekeeper

Rookie Trainer
Ok for Vivid... how about banette!

For Neb how about a Jolteon - in remembrance of mine that did not survive my locke.

Ice would raichu and Raticate work?

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I’ll take Banette! I’ve never used the line before.

I only need two more Pokémon now!

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Breloom will work splendidly; I’ll take it!

Only one more Pokémon to go!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Just need one more member on X version.

icelandic

Adept Trainer
All good for me! So my Leaf Green team is Raticate and Raichu, Wigglytuff and Jumpluff, and Nidoking and Snorlax.

Should be a fun team. There's Pokemon I've used many times like Pikachu/Raichu, and ones I don't think I've used before like Wigglytuff. Most of the team come in early though Jumpluff is postgame-only. With three normal types it looks like I'll be brute forcing it a lot of the way, fortunately I've got Nidoking to handle fightings.

With any luck I'll start in December, and see if I can post a forum thread about it.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I got my sixth member!

Last edited:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Maybe you can use a Slowbro?

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Feather32, how about taking Forretress for a spin?