Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Pokémon GO: Trainer Codes

Picture credit to the official Pokemon website​

It's been 3,000 2 years, and trading has come to Pokémon GO! But trading itself is just part of a smaller feature: friends! With friends, you can send and receive gifts from Poké Stops and Gyms that they have spun. From these gifts you get a postcard with a picture of the Poké Stop image and name, and you can get helpful items like Max Revives and Hyper Potions, as well as eggs that take 7 km to hatch and contain Alolan variants of Pokemon!

Being friends with someone also allows you to trade Pokemon with them, if you are within 100 meters of your friend. While that is not a feature that most of us will be able to use with each other, being friends is still fun because you can send and receive gifts with friends.

How to add Friends in GO
1. Go to the profile tab by clicking your avatar in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
2. Swipe to get to the "Friends" tab. Then, click "Add Friend".
3. Your Trainer Code will appear on the screen. If you will add someone as a friend before they add you, proceed to the next step. If your friend will add you first, proceed to Step 5.
4. Type in your friend's Trainer Code in the box above your trainer code. Then submit it and a friend request will be sent.
5. Your current friend requests will be listed in the "Friends" tab. You can view and either accept/decline the request from someone without entering their Trainer Code if they have sent you a request.
6. You are now friends in-game with your friend!
7. You can send/open gifts through the "Friends" tab. You may only keep 200 friends in your game. You may delete friends at any time.

Some Notes AND WARNINGS about Gifts
1. FAIR WARNING: POSTCARDS AND EGGS OBTAINED FROM GIFTS WILL BE LISTED AS HAVING BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE LOCATION OF THE POKE STOP. For example, if I send Bluejay a gift obtained from a Poke Stop in San Diego, CA, he will know that I got the gift to send from San Diego. The bottom line is, if you do not want your city known to someone on the forums and you do not travel a lot, do not add them as a friend.
2. Going off of that last sentence, you can decline friend requests that people send. So you can add your close friends from the forums and decline everyone else if you so wish.
3. You must be LEVEL 10 or higher to use this feature!
4. You can only carry 10 gifts in your bag to send to people at any given time.
5. YOU MAY OBTAIN A NEW TRAINER CODE ON THE "ADD FRIEND" SCREEN AT ANY TIME. This will NOT remove your current friends.

Rules of this thread
1. ONLY POSTS CONTAINING YOUR TRAINER CODE AND/OR TRAINER NAME ARE ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD. If your post says ANYTHING along the lines of "added" or "sent friend request" or "sent gift" or "send me gifts", your post will be deleted. We want to keep this thread clutter-free!
2. If someone declines your request, please do not be upset!
3. If you want someone to know you sent them a gift or received a gift from them, do it over PM!

So what should my post look like?
Below is an example of what a post can look like in this thread. Feel free to follow the layout or be creative though!
Trainer code (this example is NOT real): 1029 3290 3292 8013
Trainer Name (optional but recommended): Mike R. Sonfire
Would you rather add people or have people add you? I don't care.

And that's it! After you've added friends, get up and GO find some gifts!

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Trainer code (this example is NOT real): 7156 2960 5523
Trainer Name (optional but recommended): BonesBarlow
Would you rather add people or have people add you? Prefer to be added but the other way is fine too

BZWGolem

Conspirator☆
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Trainer code (this example is NOT real): 7325 0102 4931
Trainer Name (optional but recommended): BZWBKGolem
Would you rather add people or have people add you? Add me please~

I need friends for a research task~

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Trainer code: 7095 6748 2984
Trainer Name: Audrawrr
Would you rather add people or have people add you? Doesn't matter

Sheep

Regular Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Trainer code: 5617 4609 6219
Trainer Name: JannaSheep
Would you rather add people or have people add you? No preference but please tell me who you are, or I will reject!

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
I suppose I can give this a go again. Please do not add me unless you actually know who I am though because I will probably reject you! That was a problem the last time I posted my FC. EDIT: I'll add everyone here right now in fact.

Trainer code: 2824 3614 0861
Trainer Name (optional but recommended): Bluejay100
Would you rather add people or have people add you? Either way is fine

EDIT: I'll add everyone here right now in fact.

Sylveonn

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Emily
Switch FC
SW-5650-2285-5327
Trainer Code: 4002 9547 6855
Trainer Name: EJRussell93
Would you rather add people or have people add you?: I would rather people add me if they want to do so.

Window Stranger

You've Stalked The Stranger
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alice
Time Zone
Mountain Time
Trainer code: 7565 2024 0564
Trainer Name: KingKolir (I may have had an obsession w/ my mascot OC when I chose the name)
Would you rather add people or have people add you?: Either way, doesn't matter. :)