Casual The S.S. Anne -- Sailing off into one last sunset

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
Ooo do we dance to Dynamite by Taio Cruz? And discussing and sometimes even DOING things? Sounds v exciting :P

Yes I did, Ben, I'm surprised you noticed haha. No one else has Numbers in their usernames anymore and I also realized I'm just giving away the sensitive info that is my age if I keep the numbers at the end, so off they go. :P

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
We can dance if we want to.
We can leave our friends behind.
Cuz our friends and if they don't dance
Well, they're no friends of ours.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
PAGE TWO HYPE

We can definitely dance to Dynamite by Taio Cruz. And any other songs folks care to suggest.

QOTD: Favorite region? Not necessarily games or generation, but which place do you like best?

Cynical Toast

Proud Gamer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Caroline
Time Zone
EST
Switch FC
4099-4174-0519
IGN
Caroline
I thought you said Ted Cruz at first and I got real worried lol.

Anywho- my favorite region is definitely Hoenn. It pulls off a tropical theme without making everything look the same (shoutout to Mario Sunshine)

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Johto is my favorite region for sure. I love how varied it is with small villages like Ekruteak, seaside towns like Cianwood, and bustling metropolises like Goldenrod. But it all still feels connected as coherent.

Vaporeon

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
^ Agree. Johto is my favorite region as well. I love how HeartGold and SoulSilver updated the graphics of the various cities in Johto to reflect how diverse and different the cities and towns were.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I mean, we can definitely dance to Ted Cruz as well. Not sure how that would work but I'm open to ideas.

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
I'd say Sinnoh is mine. Even without the emotional attachment, I love the idea of mountains and cold climes. I've never seen snow in real life, that might explain it. :P Plus I love that even though the central theme is "cold", there's still so much diversity, like Jubilife City, Floaroma Town, the beach in Sandgem Town. Aaaand I love little lakes too. Small ones. And Sinnoh has three of them.

A close second would be Oblivia (from Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs). It's like, a much much better version of Alola. I'd definitely love to go vacationing in Oblivia.

And.... dance to Ted Cruz's... what exactly? Did he drop music? Man the dude is multitalented.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I bet someone with Internet skills could make a Ted Cruz meme compilation pretty easily.

As someone who absolutely adores Alola's visuals, and who has never gotten near a Ranger game, I find it interesting you say Oblivia is like a much better Alola. I can't belive DS graphics could keep up with 3DS, so Oblivia must have quite a lot of natural charm.

For our first club event, what do you guys think about doing a Drawpile sometime? I'm not too familiar with the concept myself but it sounds fun and I know @gylfie has tried to organize them before.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Imagine Microsoft Paint, on a Zoom call. That may be the best way I can describe it. It's like a group online creative activity.

*deep breath*

Aaaaaahhhhhh you guys the craziest thing just happened! I've been playing Ruby on my computer; about a week ago I beat the game and I knew I wanted to go catch Latios. Well, I spent hours and hours and hours running all over Hoenn with my Master Ball trying to find this thing, since you can't track it until you've seen it, but it was just not happening. Today I finally gave up and went to go catch the Regis. After that was done I flew back to Sootopolis so I could zoom around the water routes some more. I surfaced from Dive, took off, and almost immediately got an encounter. I thought it was strange, because I could have sworn I remembered to apply Repel...but it was actually Latios! I found it in the very first area I started looking again after I gave up the first time.

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
As someone who absolutely adores Alola's visuals, and who has never gotten near a Ranger game, I find it interesting you say Oblivia is like a much better Alola. I can't belive DS graphics could keep up with 3DS, so Oblivia must have quite a lot of natural charm.
I had an old battered 3DS with a half-broken screen and I played Moon, so I only saw the night-time visuals, so maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it as much. Oblivia, on the other hand, has everything, and it's always sunny, and you get to explore the skies as well as underwater, and jump over cliffs, on the backs of Pokemon, so really nothing to not love.

For our first club event, what do you guys think about doing a Drawpile sometime? I'm not too familiar with the concept myself but it sounds fun and I know @gylfie has tried to organize them before.
Oh wow that sounds fun! I haven't drawn anything in ages, lol.

Aaaaaahhhhhh you guys the craziest thing just happened! I've been playing Ruby on my computer; about a week ago I beat the game and I knew I wanted to go catch Latios. Well, I spent hours and hours and hours running all over Hoenn with my Master Ball trying to find this thing, since you can't track it until you've seen it, but it was just not happening. Today I finally gave up and went to go catch the Regis. After that was done I flew back to Sootopolis so I could zoom around the water routes some more. I surfaced from Dive, took off, and almost immediately got an encounter. I thought it was strange, because I could have sworn I remembered to apply Repel...but it was actually Latios! I found it in the very first area I started looking again after I gave up the first time.
Congratulations! Latios is one of my favorite Pokemon (even more than Latias, 'cause blue :P). Seems like you came full circle catching it. In Oblivia, you got to fly on Latios too! Or Latias if you picked the girl character, if I remember correctly. I vaguely remember something like that happening to me with Suicune, a decade ago.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hmm, Oblivia does sound like a very nice place to visit! It's funny I had been talking about Hoenn, since your description also reminded me of that region. There are plenty of places to explore underwater, and in the remakes, you can spend a while exploring the skies too.

I think we may be exact opposites; I think Latios is very nice, but I like Latias more because red is my favorite color!

How's everybody else doing? Anybody pick up any neat new hobbies over the past year? Maybe, since we're on a cruise ship, we can all learn how to play shuffleboard together :P

gylfie

rawr
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
(even more than Latias, 'cause blue :P).
excellent taste

Also yea I can totally host a drawpile sometime!! I’m done with work til January so I could maybe even do more than one :naughtyazurill:
(Given that my first two attempts open to everyone got 2 and then no one, we may have to open it to non member >_< )

Hmm hobbies. I feel as though I spend all my waking hours staring at a screen (work, drawing, video games, Internet) so I’ve been trying to come up with things to do that aren’t that. I’m thinking I might get back into sculpting with zbrush and then hitting up my friend so he can print them for me and then I can paint them. I did it in August and I really enjoyed it.
am I basically just planning to make my own anime figurines, specifically tower of god ones bc ordering any from Korea is Expensive? Perhaps

Gigarchomp

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
Wow @gylfie that sounds so cool! I'd love to see some of the figures you come up with!

As for me... hobbies? What are they? Sadly my only hobby right now is depression-sleeping 14-16 hours a day and surfing memes on the internet, but when I'm better, I'll probably just go back to reading and drawing! What's shuffleboard?

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
1608431256024.png

There's a cliche about old people playing shuffleboard on cruise ships. You use these special poles that split at the end to slide pucks across a smooth surface. You get more points if the puck lands on a certain area of the board.

This is what clubs are about! Loyalty! Group activities! Showing up the Rift! I'm sure we can get a few folks to join. If you're down to try before Christmas, what do you think about sometime Monday or Tuesday?

gylfie

rawr
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
ya sure that works for me! what time do people wanna do it? i'm in EST and can probably do it pretty well any time.

gylfie

rawr
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
perhaps starting a little earlier like 8? :0