AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
So my family, in characteristic fashion, has decided at the last minute to go on a big day hike tomorrow. We leave the house at 11am and won't be back for several hours, and there's no way I can get out of it. We've already put off our group drawing event once so I hope y'all will still go ahead with it tomorrow, but I won't be able to join you. I trust you guys not to go too crazy...glances meaningfully at the life preserver.

gylfie

rawr
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
If you let me have the harpoon in the captain’s quarters I’ll make sure everyone stays in line :-)

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
You weren't supposed to know about that...but that can be arranged... :nanihmmazurill:

gylfie

rawr
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
oookay so i uh woke up real late and i gotta go eat but i'll just open up an aggie.io canvas for now and you guys can doodle and chat n play tic tac toe if you want. feel free to use the chat on the canvas or hop into a voice channel on the marriland discord.

link to the canvas: [canvas closed as of 9pm]
it actually works quite well on my iPad so if you have a tablet pen or you wanna draw with your finger instead of a mouse, I recommend trying it on a tablet!

once i'm back and we've got a few people online we can set up a scribble.io pictionary game ^^

edit as of 4:30pm: I'll just leave the canvas open while i do other stuff
edit as of 9pm: removed the link since i won't be around to check it and no one's drawing rn anyways

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
It's been a hot second since I checked in here--oops. How is everybody? Is the new year going well?

Tomorrow I'll be flying back to Texas from Virginia for my last semester of college! It's going to be especially weird going back this time since I've been at home with my family for nearly two months now.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
The year's been good so far.
Went to visit my brother and his family in Richmond over the weekend for my Niece's birthday. Only stayef for a few hours and stayed outside, but it was nice to see them.
Haven't visited since COVID started.
It's been a hot second since I checked in here--oops. How is everybody? Is the new year going well?

Tomorrow I'll be flying back to Texas from Virginia for my last semester of college! It's going to be especially weird going back this time since I've been at home with my family for nearly two months now.
I didnt know you had family here, Ben!!
I wonder how close we were 🤔 :thonkazurill:

Bahamut

Get your game on!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Avery
Time Zone
CET
I'm doing very good! I go to the gym more often lately, and I have been even feeling better! 2021 has been good so far.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
@Gokudera Oh man, I didn't realize I had never talked about that. Yeah, my family lives in Virginia now. The northeast part, within an hour of DC.

As I was saying, I got back to my apartment a few hours ago. Whenever I have to pack/unpack anything for travel purposes, I always get the urge to rearrange stuff, so I spent a while doing that. It hardly looks any different but whatever.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
@Typhlosion Ah. We were nowhere near close to each other lol.
I live in Southeast Virginia. At least 4 hours from DC. Oh well.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
It looks like Vaporeon jumped ship (no pun intended, believe it or not) a few days ago. How's everybody else feeling about the forum closure? Any memories to share?

I'm a little sad this club will never get the chance to truly take off, but we did pretty well for the way the forums are nowadays! I'm glad we had this opportunity, however brief, and our legacy will be to hang with the big dog Space-Time Rift!

gylfie

rawr
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
ahh man. These forums have been a constant for 8 years for me. It’s gonna be weird without it. I think it hurts less than the loss of the old forums because there wasn’t nearly the history here, and I knew it would happen eventually, but it still stings.

I don’t think anything will ever replicate the feeling of being on the forums in 2013 with all these new friends to goof around with, constantly checking notifications and PMs. I’d love to feel that high again, but it’s probably just the nostalgia.

Before marriland I really didn’t spend a lot of time on the Internet. I’m glad I got to be silly and have fun and be a kid and make mistakes there instead of on any other social media site.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Less than one week to go...Are ya ready, kids?!

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
AYE AYE CAPRAIN! starts grossly sobbing.