The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I don't drink coffee often at all, usually only if I'm VERY VERY tired and it's free. Even then I don't like the taste of it. On very rare occasions I'll go to Starbucks but only if it's on the way to where I'm going and I want a frappuccino. They're expensive so I don't get it more than a couple times a year anymore. I love tea plus it's healthier than frappuccinos and tastes so much better than coffee so I'd rather drink that instead.
Don't cry over spilled tea :cheekyazurill:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
hey page 13 that's pretty cool

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I really like coffee.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i got some peppermint mocha coffee at the grocery store today and i’m so excited to drink it omg

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
I don't drink coffee at all - hot drinks just burn my mouth, hence me sticking to soft drinks (plus cider and beer if I fancy something stronger).

I started a new job on Monday: it's only temporary (well, temp to perm) but I'm furiously typing at a computer all day and as sitting straight in an office chair seems impossible for me (and Deep Freeze doesn't always help), my back is seriously painful every night I come home. That and the fact that they didn't seem to have anything in place for me means that if they ask me to go permanent then I may well turn them down.

It is surprising just how little they have actually done for/with me, as the company is a large tech organisation that most if not all of you would have heard of.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
milkshakes are good
Late, but qft, though I haven't had a milkshake in a long while.

@Auburn - Man, that's ****ty, sorry to hear that. Hopefully things get better, both with your back and your job.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@AuburnEnigma Agh, that doesn't sound like fun at all (the job or the back problems). Am hoping things work out for the better!

So, Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! For that, we have my sister, her husband and children over, and my brother along with his spouse coming in Friday. And my nana. However, I have to work tomorrow where it's gonna be FREEZING, apparently the coldest it's been in Philly in over a century. Not much of a different routine except Saturday where we'll be having a party for multiple things (my nana's birthday, the little girls being here, and other things). And on Sunday I might be going to the Eagles game if I can muster up enough excitement for it and not feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment once again. x_x If not then I may just see Ralph Breaks the Internet instead. Haven't been to the theater since Incredibles 2 I think. Also enjoying Let's Go Pikachu, but since I'm posting my progress in a thread I'm a bit slow on playing it!

Also yes milkshakes are good. But yes, I am very thankful for everyone in this club who puts up with me and has always been there for me, and for being able to be there for you guys too. :happyazurill:

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Isn't cider a hot drink as well though? Idk, that's the only way I think I've ever had it. Like hot chocolate, but with apple juice. Anyhow, sorry to hear about your work situation, Autumn! I hope you can find a way to get through it.

I doubt I'll have much time for the forums tomorrow, so this is me wishing everyone here at the Island a very happy Thanksgiving! I know I'm certainly thankful for this club and for all of you.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Isn't cider a hot drink as well though? Idk, that's the only way I think I've ever had it. Like hot chocolate, but with apple juice. Anyhow, sorry to hear about your work situation, Autumn! I hope you can find a way to get through it.

I doubt I'll have much time for the forums tomorrow, so this is me wishing everyone here at the Island a very happy Thanksgiving! I know I'm certainly thankful for this club and for all of you.
There is cold apple cider.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I've never had cider before. I don't think I understand it.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
apple cider is amazing omg. it’s my favorite fall drink uwu

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Is apple cider just apple juice???

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
apple cider isn’t filtered and sweetened like apple juice is

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
"Apple cider (also called sweet cider or soft cider or simply cider) is the name used in the United States and parts of Canada for an unfiltered, unsweetened, non-alcoholic beverage made from apples"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Oh, that sounds pretty nice then!

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Thanks for the well-wishes all (it's Auburn btw @Typhlosion , if only my name was as pretty as Autumn :p ), and yep, it's cold alcoholic cider that I drink - you can get it in cans just like soft drinks and whilst apple is probably the most well known flavour, I personally prefer mixed fruit.

For an example of what I mean, look up Koppaberg or Rekordalig (both Swedish iirc): whenever I go abroad I tend to find one or the other and they get sold here in the UK too :)

Scarlet_Death_

Beginner Trainer
Happy thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day with the people you love! 😁

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Man oh man, I am so sorry about that @AuburnEnigma Idk how I messed that up :(

Well, I learned something new today! Two new things, in fact. There can be cold cider, and it comes in flavors other than apple. My horizons have been expanded.

Status
Not open for further replies.