The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Isn't cider a hot drink as well though? Idk, that's the only way I think I've ever had it. Like hot chocolate, but with apple juice.
That's the only kind of cider I've had, but I'm pretty sure that other parts of the world use cider to refer to an alcoholic drink.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
hey page 14 that's pretty cool

Kind of like the type of cider preferred by Auburn

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
cider is actually an alcoholic drink here in norway

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
I love cider, both non-alcoholic and alcoholic. It's one of my favorite drinks ever. I love going to apple orchards and getting the ciders straight from them, like Apple Hill here in Cali. Only one thing beats fresh, cold and raw cider.

Also, I hope everyone is having an awesome and wonderful day today :)

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
My Thanksgiving has been decent, working for the first part of it does at least get me some bank and not having to work for my family. But I can't say I am liking having to put up with these new children...

As for cider, apple cider is something I have liked before, even though it's not a drink I end up having a lot.

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Thanksgiving was amazing. Truly bliss, as it always is. I ate so much food, I think I set a new personal record lol. Out of everything I ate, turkey with stuffing was the best. That delicious meat combined with the flavor of the stuffing. Mmm, can't beat it. Then I had tons to drink as well. Overall, truly amazing day. Satisfied my expectations and then some <3

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family tomorrow evening, but I did have a nice day today playing games with Ravey, so I'd still call it a good day. C:

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
I had a good Thanksgiving, especially in the early morning and the evening (I played games with Christy in the latter time)! I didn't really cook anything and I wasn't with my family because I'd have had to fly home for a couple of days and was assuming I'd have gotten a ton of homework anyway. This was the first year I wasn't at my mom's house for Thanksgiving but it was still enjoyable :happyazurill:

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
cider is actually an alcoholic drink here in norway
Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

I'm happy to be able to say that I had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving as well. My mom always like to cook a big meal no matter how many people will be participating, and this year my family shared it with my uncle and his girlfriend. Afterwards we watched a couple football games on TV and played cards. Good times.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
"watched a couple football games on TV" <-- Hope you weren't rooting for the Redskins, haha.

Anyway, just got back from some Black Friday mayhem. Was in the mall for like two hours and I will say it's interesting seeing all the deals that the stores have to offer, I mostly just bought some clothes, some T-shirts and other warm clothes to prepare for what's ahead. But having to make your way through the crowds and long lines isn't fun. Dx

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
That's why you do all your Black Friday shopping online if at all possible. That way you can avoid all the crowds and the lines.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I love Black Friday sales.

piplup17

riplup
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
piplup, Joe
Time Zone
EST
My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the stuffing tbh.

I agree with Kilza, Black Friday is definitely a time where you should try to shop online, if possible, or be super careful. I've never been to a store specifically for Black Friday, but last year (or maybe 2 idk) I was at a strip mall with a Best Buy and it looked like chaos in and out there. There definitely are deals that are worth it though, so if you're being careful it can be a good time to go shopping.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hope you weren't rooting for the Redskins, haha.
Better them than the Cowboys, not that it mattered.

It's been raining all day here. The forecast said freezing rain, but it hasn't been quite that cold, so at least we escaped that menace. Tomorrow around lunchtime I'll be heading back to the airport to return for my last couple weeks of the semester.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Better them than the Cowboys, not that it mattered.

It's been raining all day here. The forecast said freezing rain, but it hasn't been quite that cold, so at least we escaped that menace. Tomorrow around lunchtime I'll be heading back to the airport to return for my last couple weeks of the semester.
I was momentarily confused because it isn’t cold or rainy here at all then I remembered you’re visiting your family right now haha

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
It's been around 0 C/32 F here the past few days, which is nice. No rain or snow to speak of.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
No, I'm so jealous of Texas right now. Y'all's Texan attitude has infected me and I want to be back. Virginia weather, for the most part, sucks.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I do hope you all are able to keep up with the "Page *blank* that is pretty cool" for every page as long as TSI lives.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Typhlosion Heh, given the standings in our division at the moment, we needed the Cowboys to win for statistical purposes. If we win against the Giants tomorrow we'll be tied with them. And it was raining the later part of today, too, but in a usually warm state like Texas that wouldn't be much of a surprise.

@Lazuli Wonder if that really will happen. A massive posting spree would have to happen for it not to!

Regarding the online vs in-store topic, while I was in the mall yesterday, I read a board talking about the disadvantages of ordering online, including more packaging and more gas emission to get it delivered compared to driving in your car and being able to get your products easily. I don't have exactly what it said but I'm sure it's still there.

So tonight we had a party for multiple things going on - my sister's children being here, my nana turning 95 today, and my brother and his spouse's engagement, that was a thing too. We had some of our relatives over for it, which was nice. But we've got a lot of food and drinks to fridge, not looking forward to that. x_x And I will indeed be going to tomorrow's Eagles game, because my dad can't find anyone else who would go with us. If we can't beat the Giants then we're definitely screwed.

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Hope the party was fun Pendra, and that tomorrow's game is nice too. ♥

Status
Not open for further replies.