The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
hey page 17 that's pretty cool

But thanks James! I am excited, and I will indeed be seeing Kinky Boots. I had to go through a little bit of a process to get everything I need for it, though. I managed to click on just the right things and my ticket was $127 ($108 before tax), which for NYC Broadway standards I do think could be certainly worse. But then I had to get the ticket voucher through e-mail, and I did not get it at first so I had to call them and they said it'd show up shortly. Later, I had to call again and they said that normally it takes 36-48 hours for the voucher e-mail to arrive, but since I bought this ticket less than 24 hours before showtime, they were able to push the voucher e-mail to me. But since my computer isn't detecting my home printer, I had to go to my college and get it printed there. But I'm all set, and I'm excited for it! And I'll have a chance to check out some other spots before then, but I know some waiting in line before the show is inevitable. x_x

Trance

resident marriland brony
AKA
Mike, PokeEpic
Time Zone
GMT+8
Enjoy yourself, Pendra! Sounds like a great time!

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday! I was able to sleep in for the first Saturday in a while, which is good because I was exhausted last night. I went swimming Friday afternoon, then I had the third of four shows for my choir's Christmas concert, and then after that I went to three friends' combined birthday celebration where I stayed until about 1:15am. It was all worth it, but man, I crawled into bed and died. Beautiful weather here today, though, so I think I might go running later this afternoon.

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So yeah, my day in NYC yesterday was great. There were multiple stores I checked out, like Nintendo World, Hershey's Chocolate World, NBC Studios, the NHL store, and the Disney Store. Having to lug around multiple bags was a bit of a drag, but thankfully when I was at the Al Hirschfeld Theater they had a storage to keep them during the show. But yeah, Kinky Boots. Wonderful. Definitely worth the hype and money. Admittedly it was partially a "see it while you still can!" moment, but I'm definitely glad I did. Shopping, sightseeing and Broadway, going to NYC is always great, especially when you're not doing the driving, parking and that stuff. The only thing I was sad about was that the NFL Experience, one of the places I was really looking forward to getting to check out, was closed. It looked fun in the commercial I had seen before, so the fact that I didn't get a chance to go was disappointing. But that wasn't going to kill an otherwise excellent day! And speaking of football, the guy who checked my bags at the theater saw my Eagles SB champions shirt and mentioned being hurt as a Cowboys fan. :P I texted my dad and brother about that and my dad's response was "they got their revenge". That they did.

And lastly, after the miserable streak my Flyers have been harrowing, having them win against the Penguins at PPG Paints Arena was VERY satisfying. We're still aways from being legit, but I'll take a win like that. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Neb

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
@Pendraflare Cool to hear the trip went well! I went to New York two years ago with my Mom and we did a lot. The Statue of Liberty, Nintendo World, the 9/11 memorial, the Empire State Building, Times Square, “Wicked”, Central Park, just to name a few.

There was a really good and affordable Chinese take-out in Queens I’d recommend for you, but I can’t remember the name of it. It was right by the subway.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i would love to visit new york one day.

Tap

Mr. Happening
AKA
Tom, Tap
Time Zone
Central USA
Nintendo World? :o

Just looking at the site, just...wow. That place looks sacred and the stuff of legends. Can't say if I'll visit NY during my time but at least there'll be an idea for the future if it comes to fruition.

I will relate to Scott's misery but more in the form of football and with words I'm withholding for the obvious reasons. Others in the know will know for sure where they are directed.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
I've never been to New York, but my family have and they reckon I would hate it as I'm not a massive fan of crowds (it's not that I don't like them, I just tend to feel a bit claustrophobic if I'm in one).

Maybe I do need to visit though, for Nintendo World, to watch a show on Broadway (if Avenue Q is on then I'm sold), and iirc New York is meant to be on the same line of latitude (I think it's latitude? Geography was never my strong point, aside from knowing where places were on a map and then I'm your girl) as a part of the UK, so bonus? :D

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Neb That is nice to know you had fun! Wicked is pretty well regarded and famous, for that matter. I'm not much a Chinese food person though, unfortunately. x_x

@Tap Ah yes, that BAAAAAAAD man. :P I mean granted, we've watched both our teams win a Super Bowl but I can certainly relate to what you're referring to, haha. Although Nintendo World does often have different exhibits, at some times they'll show the history of Pokemon, or Mario, or Nintendo consoles or whatever new Pokemon and/or Mario game they have. It's cool!

@AuburnEnigma Yay for knowledge of where places are on maps!

Also, I didn't mention this, but the other day while I was playing my secondary Ultra Sun (which I had completed a no healing in battle Nuzlocke on two months ago) and checking off legendaries to catch, I found a shiny Moltres in one of the wormholes. A completely random find. Those shinies tend to be the ones people like the most, the ones that show up out of nowhere when you're not even looking for them. :3 Fun.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
@Pendraflare , it does come in useful for pub quizzes, I must say. Nice one on the shiny Moltres, the random ones definitely are the best (I once got a shiny Eevee in Gen 5 whilst breeding, no Masuda Method and all I was looking to do was get an Eevee with each different nature for some fun.)

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I lost a shiny Latios once.

Oof.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Are albino animals real life shinies?

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
In the meantime, I have since started to go after legendaries in Beast Balls, something I know that James made it a habit of going after at one point. I got Latios, Kyurem and Azelf in them, as well as Rayquaza even though that one has a higher catch rate. Unfortunately I went through all the green and yellow wormhole ones, although I do have Ultra Moon to go after most of those in.

Meanwhile, I'm still making as much of the holiday spirit as I can. As if going to New York for a Broadway show last week wasn't enough, tomorrow I'm going to Hersheypark's Christmas Candylane. Most of the roller coasters won't be operating in the cold, but even so I've heard that it's really fun! Christmas lights stuff can be fun to watch. Very excited! :happyazurill:

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
Still in finals hell. I'm almost out though!

@Pendraflare : Beast Ball Legend Club!!!! I know I'm a broken record here, but if you all have the determination, it's not even that bad to chase the BB legends, even looking for nature. With a combination of paralysis, weakening, and roto catch, some legends actually get pretty easy. Rayquaza, Necrozma, and the Nebby Duo I'd even dare to call objectively easy with the catch rates! If anyone wants to to chase though I'd HIGHLY recommend getting Power Construct Zygarde first. Glare makes all those pesky ground types easier and on top of that it's a beast of a wall. I wish that was the route I went on UMoon. Landorus was... an experience I'll say that. 4 captures, 6 struggle outs. What a mess!

Scarlet_Death_

Beginner Trainer
Currently loving the new Pokémon let’s go pikachu game. Pikachu is so adorable!

Tap

Mr. Happening
AKA
Tom, Tap
Time Zone
Central USA
While I can't say much about Let's a Go, I will say that Ultimate is likely to have me be impressed and ready to get back to Switch playing again, with most of my time absorbed into mobile that I need to chill out from.

This weekend was pretty crazy. On top of getting Ultimate, I had my company Christmas party that had a live showing of an ice sculptor being done and then this morning was kids getting presents from a Santa. Basically the same role of me helping hand out gifts.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I also had my company Christmas party this weekend. It was fine, worst part was easily the food which sucked.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hi folks! I have a two-day break between my last two finals (one Saturday afternoon and one Tuesday morning) so I've got a bit of time now to catch up with the forums. I'm not part of a company, and I have no personal experience with company parties, but I know stereotypically they can be a drag. But hey, sounds like you two had a decent time, Tap and Kilza. What was the ice sculptor like?

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I didn’t go to the hospital Christmas party last year and probably won’t go this year either. Last year I at least considered it since I was close to my coworkers. I know I got a card about it in the mail this year but I didn’t pay attention so I’m not even sure what day it is lol

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I've already been to a Christmas party and I'm going to two more. I don't know how this happened but I'm really social now.

Status
Not open for further replies.