The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I didn’t go to the hospital Christmas party last year and probably won’t go this year either. Last year I at least considered it since I was close to my coworkers. I know I got a card about it in the mail this year but I didn’t pay attention so I’m not even sure what day it is lol
I mean, I'm not that close to my co-workers and I still went! Then again, it's kind of a "but thou must" sort of dealio, as much as I would've preferred just not going, lol

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Idk, Christmas is more of a holiday for close friends and family for me that might be part of why I don’t go lol. Going to be having my annual winter hotpot with my friends from high school late this month though that’ll be fun!

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
hey page 18 that's pretty cool

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Christmas parties are my jam! Expecially when they occupy time in school where I'd normally need to be productive. :)

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i'm gonna have a christmas party on saturday this week 8J

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
What kind of school has Christmas parties? You should be studying and working hard, not partying!

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
I've not long started at my job (and it's killing me already) so no Christmas party for me. Especially since I got this job through an agency, and I've been there for just over 3 weeks and I've only been paid for 1 week so far :p the amount of back-and-forth I've had to have with the agency is ridiculous.

I do have the Thursday and Friday of Christmas week off though, and the potential to leave at 1 on Christmas Eve, so there is that at least.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Christmas is literally the one day of the year where my work is closed the entirety of the day. They close at 6 on Christmas Eve and reopen 7 AM on the 26th. It's likely to be barren then, haha. But I'll be in Penn State come Christmas day, anyway! They do special things for the holiday but nothing overly fancy.

Tap

Mr. Happening
AKA
Tom, Tap
Time Zone
Central USA
Wow uhhh, 4 ish days of silence? This is perhaps a busy time with exams or the like, maybe even the holiday shopping that needs to finish up (me). o.O

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
idk, maybe people just don't feel like talking or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm on break now from work, free until Jan. 2. It feels really ****ing great tbh. Of course, things are off to an exciting start as I bought a new vehicle on Friday. Definitely going to miss my current vehicle though, it's served me well over the past 3 years.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
I've been sick and it's been overall a very rough week for me. I had two finals plus a take-home final, and I don't think I got an A in any of those courses. AFAIK I passed my fourth course (pass/fail only) but grades are finalized on Monday so guess we'll see then. It feels so nice to be done with this quarter but I'm already dreading next quarter of classes too.

@~Kilza~ what sort of vehicles did you get/have? :O

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
oof, I hope you feel better Revan! Hopefully your grades are better than what you expect!

As for your question, I had a 2013 Ford Escape, which I got used, and now I'm trading it in and getting a 2018 Ford Escape, which was a demo vehicle.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Tap Haha, yeah that's this time of year, and me wondering what kind of gift to get my brother. Or my sister and her family.

@~Kilza~ Hope you enjoy the new car! The 2013 model is the one that I have and has held me up good for the last three years.

@Revan Aw sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better! I know that post-finals tension is real. Wishing you the best for the next quarter, t though!

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Whenever I know I've got a break coming up, I always see it as a time when I've got nothing on my plate, so I can take all the time in the world to slow down, relax, and then catch up at my own pace. Of course, that never actually seems to happen, and my days get filled with stuff to do. I'm taking a lot of time tonight to catch up on Marri stuff, so here I am.

I went on an adventure today. Two friends of mine invited me to go see a performance by the Washington Chorus at the Kennedy Center. That involved me driving to a metro station, parking there, taking the metro into the city, and then taking a shuttle from the station to the Center. Fun times. Also it was raining, but not too much.

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Time Zone
EST
@Typhlosion That sounds awesome! What kind of songs did they sing?

@~Kilza~ Niiiiiice! Enjoy the new car smell. :)

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I am picking up my new vehicle tomorrow, much excite.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Time Zone
EST
If I ever get Smash Ultimate, I really want to try and main either Ridley, Snake, or K. Rool. They all look awesome :)

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I don't have that much intention to get Smash Ultimate, but I'm likely to get it eventually just because. I could go on about how I always keep wanting to play other games but just don't get around to it. x_x

But in the meantime I did buy a gift today for my brother for our gift exchange. My sister's husband is getting mine, and I talked to them about Cedar Point and the holiday deals on their site. He said he thinks I'll be very pleased with what he got me, so that sounds promising!

Status
Not open for further replies.