The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Well I've just handed in my notice at my temporary job, so I'll be job-hunting again in the New Year. Hopefully it won't take me as long as between my last job and this one (4 months, but I had a fair few interviews in that time).

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hey page 19 that's pretty cool

@Typhlosion That sounds awesome! What kind of songs did they sing?
It was a pretty even mix of choral pieces I wasn't familiar with, and arrangements of traditional carols like Jingle Bells. They finished with the Hallelujah Chorus, which was neat. The conductor was a very lively, energetic Scotsman. He was so much fun, really did a good job engaging the audience and bringing the whole thing together.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Hey page 19 that's pretty cool

It was a pretty even mix of choral pieces I wasn't familiar with, and arrangements of traditional carols like Jingle Bells. They finished with the Hallelujah Chorus, which was neat. The conductor was a very lively, energetic Scotsman. He was so much fun, really did a good job engaging the audience and bringing the whole thing together.
Lively and energetic, 2 words that are not normally associated with the Scots :cheekyazurill:

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
ok guys what plans do you have for tomorrow

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I’m behind on my online Japanese class so I’ll probably be working on that tomorrow.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I’m behind on my online Japanese class so I’ll probably be working on that tomorrow.
you're learning japanese? that's cool. i'm gonna learn it too, but somewhere in february.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
ok guys what plans do you have for tomorrow
uh, celebrate Christmas, since my family opens presents on the 24th. Aside from that, finish up my Secret Santa gift if I still need to, maybe play more Ultra Moon.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i have xmas again tomorrow too. if i get let’s go eevee (i hope i will lol) i’ll probably will just play that all day. my family is going to some xmas thing with a bunch of people on my dad’s side so i’ll probably just hide in a corner, listen to some music, and play a video game

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
mine is a normal christmas day. i'm gonna celebrate christmas tomorrow, eat lots of food and just have a good time in general.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
For Christmas Eve, I'll be working up to after dark, then we have our feast with others. We'll be going to our grandparents' on Christmas Day. Mostly asked for just basic stuff. My dad and brother were at a crazy Eagles game today though, lots of suspense there. People were gathering at a TV here at work as it winded down!

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
I'll be working, but it's my last day and we'll get to leave early. Other than that, have a takeaway and chill until Christmas morning :)

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Family lunch/dinner or something. Just family time. That's what Christmas is to me.

Tap

Mr. Happening
AKA
Tom, Tap
Time Zone
Central USA
We didn't really have dinner, so much that we went out to an Italian restaurant downtown for lunch. No other customers were there until maybe 15 mins after we started getting food. Was pretty good. And this year we opened presents about a few hours ago. I probably overdid it on spending but was pretty simple at the same time. That's how I like it really.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Happy Christmas (or Holidays if you don't celebrate it) fellow Marrilanders!

Takeaway last night after I finished work, buffet today at my mom's, and later attempting to find something to watch on TV whilst avoiding all of the films.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I recently discovered this fun holiday song, and I think it's very appropriate for Christmas on the Southern Island.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Haha, Jimmy Buffett. Ah, the days of Margaritaville in Orlando, Florida. Even though nobody likes Jimmy Buffett except for frat boys and alcoholic chicks from the south. :P

Speaking of Orlando, this spring we might be going there for the first time in YEARS now that I'm actually an uncle. Ah, the memories that are gonna come of having the little ones run around never being able to decide what they want.

Anyway, I already talked about what I got for Christmas in the thread, but as if all of that wasn't enough, on Christmas Day I heard that we could be in for a trip to California in April! Late in the month, and not my birthday but shortly after it. Much excite! :happyazurill: We'll be at Newport Beach, and I know that Disneyland won't be horribly far from there (about as long as it takes us to get to the sports stadiums from our home, at worst). But there's sure to be other fun stuff to do!

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Oooh a trip to California! That'll be super fun. ^^

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Yep! Although four months until then, so there's still a ways to go. Meanwhile, we're pretty happy right now... Eagles are back in the playoffs!!! And we have a chance to defend our title. My dad invited some friends over to watch our game along with the Bears/Vikings game that the former needed to win for us to make it in, and it was good stuff having them over. Man, we were left for dead after absolutely nothing went right against New Orleans in Week 11. Sure, we're gonna have to face them again (and that same Bears team for that matter) to have any chance, but I'm glad we managed to save ourselves from embarrassment, at the least. Real talk, in the (admittedly VERY) hypothetical case that we do win it all again, it's gonna be VERY emotional. Minnesota has been so nice to Philly this year :P

In the meantime, anybody got any New Year's plans? I probably won't do anything big, it's looking to rain and I do work on New Year's Day (although not until the afternoon). Though I am looking forward to hopefully going into the city soon for the Franklin Institute with their Vikings exhibit.

Tap

Mr. Happening
AKA
Tom, Tap
Time Zone
Central USA
I figured I'd get in my last post of 2018 with the usual 'probably not much for plans' but we got in a NY's dinner in the form of local pizza and some...football in college I guess. Packers get to search for a coach and- that's enough about sports from me.

Smash Ultimate I just got the last of the main character unlocks and I've made one New Year's resolution, though yesterday actually. I would quit Fire Emblem Heroes and stop whaling (hopefully) when 2019 hits. One of these I'm sure I'll stick with as a resolution while the other will be a hope I follow through. Time will soon tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.