The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
Happy 2019! I'm finally back in town after finals and holiday travels. It's weird to be not doing anything after going nonstop for so long.

Anyone else get smash ultimate? I got it for christmas and binged WoL during the holidays/travel. I finished the story and unlocked the whole roster. Not a HEALTHY choice I'll grant, but a fun one certainly. As for New Year's, my evening plans were helping a friend unlock his smash roster, and my New Year's Day plans were having some japanese food with my family. It's nice to get hot prepared comfort food since I can't exactly make it at school.

EDIT: Hey page 20 that's pretty cool.

Last edited:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I got Smash Ultimate, but I still haven't touched it, lol. I will someday, though. Just don't know when that will be.

Also, for New Year's I stayed home and spent it with my family, as I usually do. Nothing wrong with that.

smoky

in my head
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i was home for new years too but i just kinda sat in my room, listened to new years day by t swift a couple times, and talked on discord. i felt kinda sad about it bc i started looking at snap stories, but i'd rather be alone and talk online than make some big scene out of it honestly

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
I was with my mom and my sister, on the one occasion that they were actually in a good mood (seriously, they're grumpy most of the time); fair bit of drinking to be had, although we were all wondering why so much money gets spent on the fireworks display by the government when people let them off at home (the poor dog, she was grumbling and yapping away for a good few hours as they were still being let off at 1am).

Currently looking at the instructions for the Nintendo Switch that I had delivered a couple of days ago (it's the Pikachu/Eevee themed one to go with LGPE) so I can work out what everything is and how it works, there's still 2 things that I don't entirely know what they are so I'm going to have to read through them again....

Tap

Mr. Happening
AKA
Tom, Tap
Time Zone
Central USA
My collection for the Switch continues to grow but I haven't touched about a third of the games at this time. They include Crash Insane trilogy, Kirby Star Allies, and the recently bought Diablo III complete edition. The latter game I got because I had never played it when the PC version came out, mostly due to having a crummy computer that would not make the experience go well I'm sure. With that said, I've gotten some play out of Ultimate and by that I mean I have all the main unlocks done but not anything past that; like some of the modes aside from one playthrough of Classic.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I actually saw Smash Ultimate at Dave and Buster's not too long ago and could've bought it with tickets, but ultimately didn't. I did get Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for Christmas, though, which I do want to get to playing. Monster Hunter is a series that I've really wanted to get into.

In the meantime, Philly Philly lives on! My parents and I were invited to our friends' house to watch them take on da Bears. You can bet we were all tensed up enough as was after we missed a 2-point conversion with under a minute left, and they got into field goal range, iced the kicker and...CLANG!!! :yayazurill: The defending champs live to see another week. Now to see if we can get revenge against New Orleans. That said, I don't think we will, but holding out hope. Should be a better game than before, at least. I'll most likely be working during it though :pensiveazurill:

Azuviin

Soldier of Affinity
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Michelle
I got Smash Ultimate as well! I still have no idea how to play, considering I've only ever played more easy-going games like ACNL and Pokemon, but it's still a cool gift.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I really want to check out Smash Ultimate, but there are so many other games I need to finish or get. Persona 3, Persona 4, Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux, Mother 1, Horizon Zero Dawn, Deemo. That’s just the top of the list.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I feel bad for Chicago fans out there. My dad included. :/

If I ever get a Switch, one game I definitely want to try is Fast RMX. The gameplay I've seen in trailers and whatnot has really impressed me :eyes:

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
I really really really want to try Smash Ultimate and a bunch of other games for the switch.

Spending 300 dollars on a console and 60 bucks per each game right now is too spoopy though...

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Benjamin, James, Pemderp
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Just got back from a seven hour round trip to a small town by the California border. There was a blood drive there and I got to pick up the boxes with my Mom. Sadly I didn’t get to cross the border as there wasn’t enough time.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I played Smash Ultimate for the first time today. It was good.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
League Champion
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
My classes for the semester don't start until the 14th, and the dorms didn't open until yesterday, but I got back into town on the eighth after taking a fun trip. My first full day back in my dorm has been nice. I've got the place to myself for a bit, since my roommate won't show up until Sunday. Vacations are fun, of course, but it's always the slightest bit stressful coming back, getting everything unpacked and put away, and basically just adjusting my living space to be functional again. But now everything's back to the norm. I accidentally snapped one of the nose pads off my glasses last night, so today I went to the Target optical shop (@Lazuli n_n) and they fixed it right up for me. The lady even replaced the other nose pad for me as well, since it was getting nasty.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
Ugh, I don't think I've been getting notifications for the club thread. Eh, I'll figure it out at some point. It's not hard to just come check the thread.

Is anyone still on break? I was let out like the 21st of December, so I'm at home until the 20th. It's been so surreal. Home is such a 180 reversal of school. I've been on a pokemon binge the last few days and I've been rewatching Daria with some friends. I'm actually getting in a full 2nd and 3rd complete watches in simultaneously because I'm showing a a group of friends, and I"m also showing another friend, both separately. Has anyone seen it? It's a great show.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I have been getting notifications for the club thread, in general they're weird at times, some threads work and others don't. For the Switch, I considered buying New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, but didn't feel like spending the money at the moment. However, I started an adventure on Pokemon Black, which should provide some decent hype for the ATC presentation when that comes! I hope you guys enjoy it. (= My weekend's been alright so far...

...Except, RIP to my Eagles. )= After everything that we've gone through since that completely unexpected win against the Rams four weeks ago, we ended up here. And we had multiple chances to do something, but we just couldn't. I didn't expect us to win, though, so I can't get that upset. Well, now to hope that the Chiefs can get it done in the end!

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Sorry to hear about your team, Scott =p
I haven't seen it, James, but it seems interesting! I hope you enjoy re-watching it n.n Hope the weekend was pleasant for you all~

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Tbh, I was hoping the Eagles would win. They had a great 1st quarter aaaand nothing more. If only they scored one more touchdown, just one! I sure hope my Rams beat the Saints. But, Drew Brees has the experience. He's won it all before, he knows how to do it again. It's a little nerve-wracking ngl. They're a scary team. Heck, all 4 teams are scary. But, Drew Brees already had his turn. Now it's ours >:D

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Ugh, I don't think I've been getting notifications for the club thread. Eh, I'll figure it out at some point. It's not hard to just come check the thread.

Is anyone still on break? [...]
With notifications, as far as I know, you only get notified of the first unread post in a thread. So if there's any other posts after that you don't get notified. It's not like Curse's system where you would get notified of every post.

As for the break question, I wish. I've been back at work for a week and a half now. Back in the groove of things.

Scarlet_Death_

Beginner Trainer
Anyone got any predictions on Super Bowl yet? I’d like to say my saints are gonna go all the way but honestly not too sure.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Scarlet_Death_ Oh hey, you're back! And a Saints fan I see 👀 Well, right now the Chiefs are narrowly the current favorite to win it all over them after they disposed of the Colts pretty easily. As I said, I didn't expect us to beat you guys, but I'm content with that because this Chiefs team not only has our former coach who is overdue for a championship since he couldn't get one with us, but has been INSANELY fun to watch. Patrick Mahomes, my friend. This kid is simply magical. I can safely say that a majority of us will be rooting for him over Brady on Sunday!

@Mirage Eh, I don't know. Even if we had scored right there, the Saints still had an opportunity to eke it out, and knowing us, they likely would have. And not sure if I've said, but my brother wants the Rams to lose because he hates their owner and what he did in relocating them.

Anyway, unrelated to this, but my mom talked about some crazy half off NYC Broadway deal that's within the next month, and Anastasia is one of the shows present and one I'd certainly be up for seeing. Sadly, Aladdin, The Lion King and Book of Mormon are both sold out, though the former is available with upgrade. I mean, I did see one show last month, so this looks like it'll be super-fun too if I get to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.