The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
I liek bees but mudkips are better if you think about it

~Kilza~

The Setting Sun
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
hey page 24 that's pretty cool

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Wow, almost six days without a post here?! Better do something about that!

So after tomorrow, my Eagles won't be the defending champs anymore. It's been, well, not the year I had hoped for, but still an accomplishment that we can always be thankful for. I'm sure Mirage is pulling for the best, I mean I do feel like this Rams team is capable of dealing with the Patriots. At least I hope. Wentz will be back next year, though!!! :coolazurill:

In the meantime, until then, saw How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World today, and I'm glad I did. It was a pretty emotional one, but then again most animated movies are haha. Not gonna talk about it yet because there's still three more weeks before the full release.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Urgh, had the dreaded Winter Cold (and Cough) for the last couple of weeks - still have a cough but it's not too bad thankfully.

I also have a new job now, been getting used to the hours and routine of that so Pokémon has been on the backburner a bit, but I should now have more time to go back to it :) starting today :)

For those watching it, good luck for the Superbowl tonight - it's on too late really for me (I'm in the UK and the broadcast is from 10.45pm-4am).

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Hey Auburn, nice to hear the new job is going well! I look forward to seeing what you might have ahead. ^_^

In the meantime, goddamned Pats. Wasn't even a fun game to watch. Honestly, the problem I had with 2017's Super Bowl is that it gets you hyped up for nothing (or at least me), but I'll admit I was just blinded when I said what I did then (though I will be able to appreciate it more if Atlanta ever does win it all). Last year's game had so much to like, and not just because it was my team. This game was just nothing at all. Sorry Mirage, and sorry James too.

Arceus

Prismatic Trainer
AKA
James, Chandelure
Time Zone
EST
Lmao don't be sorry pendra. Even as an MA resident I hate the patriots. I was hoping they'd lose because now the local news will refuse to cover anything but the superbowl for months now. I swear, Tom Brady could chip a nail and the governor would declare a state of emergency. The flags would go to half mast. They'd clear out an entire ward of a hospital for corrective nail surgery. Politics? Weather? Simple distractions from the life and times of a Mr. Thomas Brady. Over the break, when it was obvious that the patriots had a super bowl shot, they abandoned like 30 minutes of every broadcast during an active government shutdown to fawn over the patriots. God forbid we cover any real news! Anyway, I'm kind of glad in a selfish sort of way I'm at school and not in patriots territory proper to watch the nonstop coverage. (No one tell any of my MA friends I'm saying this lol. I'd be gutted)

Anyone do anything fun over the weekend besides the super bowl? I had a weird sort of pacing this weekend. Friday I went to a gallery opening in the campus museum and went to a contra dance but Saturday I stayed inside and did work all day and Sunday I met with my DnD group.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
League Champion
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Huh, couldn't say why I've been ignoring this for so long, but here I am again, Glad to see that page number meme is still alive and well.

My favorite part of the Super Bowl was the dip one of my friends made to go with the tortilla chips we had. Oh, and cookies. Nothing about the game itself. Even the commercials weren't all that great this year imo.

I'm stuck taking two lab science courses this semester, neither of which are actually in my major but are still required for the degree. Organic Chemistry II and Introductory Physics I. I hate how much of my week goes into writing prelabs and lab reports. But, assuming I manage to not fail the classes, this should be my last semester of chemistry ever, and I'll only need one more semester of physics.

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Indeed, the page meme lives on. Anyway, at the party we attended, there was stuff like buffalo chicken dip, some chicken wings, chips and salsa, and we brought some strombolis, including special green with cheesesteak and hot peppers, in honor of Philly and - who else? For that matter, before the game, at the party my dad and I arrived at they were showing an archive of the original airing of last year's game, so we missed the anthem and a few of the commercials. And for good reason, because it'd be much better to have on than what we saw instead!

Well, best of luck, chemistry is something that seems daunting. Dx Good to have it taken care of, though!

And so far MarriProm has once again been super fun, and sweet too. A good brand of activities so far! And I look forward to the conclusion on Thursday. :D

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Indeed, the page meme lives on. Anyway, at the party we attended, there was stuff like buffalo chicken dip, some chicken wings, chips and salsa, and we brought some strombolis, including special green with cheesesteak and hot peppers, in honor of Philly and - who else? For that matter, before the game, at the party my dad and I arrived at they were showing an archive of the original airing of last year's game, so we missed the anthem and a few of the commercials. And for good reason, because it'd be much better to have on than what we saw instead!

Well, best of luck, chemistry is something that seems daunting. Dx Good to have it taken care of, though!

And so far MarriProm has once again been super fun, and sweet too. A good brand of activities so far! And I look forward to the conclusion on Thursday. :D
noiceeeeeeee food is gewd

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Wow it's been awhile since I posted in here! And quite frankly, looks like the same for almost everyone else as well lol

~Kilza~

The Setting Sun
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I mean, that's the way it goes sometimes, y'know? Sometimes people just don't know or don't have anything to say.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
lol this is true

so

bread

let's discuss

Mirage

Pokemon Master
AKA
Drake, Mirage, Izzy
Time Zone
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
I can relate. I just tend to contribute to the conversation, like what I'm doing right now haha.

White vs whole-wheat bread, fight!

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Whole-wheat. It's yummy good for you!

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
I love wholfing down on bread at restaurants when they give you baskets of it. Yum yum.

If you put it in front of me, expect it to get eaten. :'D
I work in a sandwich shop, and I eat the bread there alllllll the time. it's gr9.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
League Champion
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I love bread. Sourdough is especially nice. There have definitely been times when a small loaf of bread and nothing more was a full meal. Good times at that.

I got a 100 on my first physics test! Admittedly, that was after the curve, but I still only lost two points overall. My pessimistic side doesn't want to believe I can keep that streak going, but I'm going to work hard. unintentional pun bc the next chapter is on work and energy

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
I love bread. Sourdough is especially nice. There have definitely been times when a small loaf of bread and nothing more was a full meal. Good times at that.

I got a 100 on my first physics test! Admittedly, that was after the curve, but I still only lost two points overall. My pessimistic side doesn't want to believe I can keep that streak going, but I'm going to work hard. unintentional pun bc the next chapter is on work and energy
physics is scary i'd rather not understand the world around me

~Kilza~

The Setting Sun
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Bread is alright. I don't mind having it from time to time. I do prefer white over whole wheat tbh.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
b read is gewd

Status
Not open for further replies.