The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I’m so tired of working every single Saturday, but I’m only going to work one next month AND I get a nice vacation. I’m not traveling for reasons but I am very much looking forward to it.

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@theDINOsaurus Good to hear you'll have some time off! That is nice to hear, because it really feels like you've had it pretty bad there recently. Dx

So yeah, did anyone else see Marriland's Sleeplocke stream with Groose and Wattsun? I didn't see the entire thing, but I did see bits and pieces of it. This has for sure rejuvenated my Pokemon mood! Along with how many I'm sure are awaiting the announcement of the next game. Elsewhere, things are slowly getting back to normal for us after the crazy family weekend that we had.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
hey page 27 that's pretty cool

I realized that my Marriversary came and went a while ago without me even noticing it. February 8th. Hard to believe I've been part of this site for over six years now. That's around a third of my whole life!

I didn't see Marriland's Sleeplocke, but I'm feeling a rejuvenation of the Pokemon mood as well! Every day I keep expecting to hear something about new main series releases, presumably Generation VIII. This is around the time of year when they've historically announced such things, after all!

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
Woop I think my marriversary maybe passed in december idk imma try to check. Crazy times

edit: just checked i joined December 30th, 2017 so yah woop boop

Last edited:

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I don't think I remember the exact date I joined Marriland. Early November, though.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I joined Azurilland July 11, 2012. So still a ways to go till the 7 year mark, lol

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Mine's April 21, 2011. Alllmost there! :eyes:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I'm doing well. I don't really have much planned for the weekend, just playing Majora's Mask on top of sleeping in and relaxing as always, lol. I'm happy that I took Monday off so 3 day weekend woooo.

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Ah, cool. I'm preparing to go into the city for the NHL Stadium Series game tomorrow, but just hoping it doesn't rain and ruin things because I know that could be a problem. D: Hopefully we win!

And regarding the new Pokemon generation announcement, yeah I do feel like it should come in due time. But I also look forward to Worlds in August, because it'll be in Washington DC where my brother lives, so it's a drive I could likely make! I wouldn't play any of the tournaments but it'll be fun to explore, and Joe Merrick of Serebii will be there just like he was in Nashville last year.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Worlds in August, because it'll be in Washington DC
Holy hot sauce I could go to Worlds.

And I could meet Scott.

This could be a thing I do this summer hmmmm

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
It would be super fun to go to Worlds.

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Time Zone
EST
I've gotta look up that date! That isn't an unreasonable drive for me, either...if push comes to shove, I'll watch the livestream instead.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I looked up the dates. August 16th-18th. I am crushed. I know my lease for next year starts on August 17th. I don't know for certain if I will have to be back in Texas by then, but it's pretty likely.

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Yeah, I knew the dates. Sorry to hear that, though. For me, hopefully we won't have anything else going on at that time that would keep me from going! And they'll still be using USUM for the tournament, because, y'know, Let's Go isn't competitive. And two months before that, the North America International Championships are June 21-23 in Columbus, Ohio, where my sister lives, but that's the weekend of my brother's wedding so I won't be able to attend. Not that I would be playing, anyway!

In the meantime, wow. To think that I made my way out of the Linc feeling disappointed with six minutes remaining. I mean, I would've stayed if it wasn't raining, but it felt like it was really getting bad. And as I was making my way to my car, I heard a goal siren, and struggled to text my dad and brother thanks to the wet screen keeping some of my taps from registering. And shortly after I got into my car and was starting to make my way out, we tied the game, and that was when I hurried the radio over to the game. We were headed to overtime. I was absolutely over the moon when Giroux got the game winner. In his 800th career game, no less. When I got home, my dad said he would've done the same thing I did but also would've stayed if it weren't for the rain. For real, though. What a game.

And aside from that, the pregame festivities were pretty fun, too, and I enjoyed the environment and how they did the outdoor rink. And getting into the city for it was an adventure. I'll be sure to post a picture or two!

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Dates are really weird. Like, just eat normal fruit lmao.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
If there isn't an announcement on Pokemon Day I will be a very sad turtle 🐢

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I mean, personally I won't worry if there isn't any news given about the Gen 8 games soon. As long as they're still on track to release in 2019 that's good enough for me.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
I mean I don’t think that’s really a concern since gen 8 release day is payday

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Time Zone
EST
You know what I think would be cool? A Pokemon game done in the style of Octopath Traveler. I feel like pixel art mixed with 3D visuals would look really cool with Pokemon. I bet it'd be cheaper to make, as well. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.