• January 28, 2020: Forum Maintenance

The forums will be undergoing routine maintenance at 9:00 PM Eastern Time on January 28, 2020. While it should not take long, we would encourage all users to plan accordingly. Updates will be posted in our Discord server during the maintenance.

The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Double points if you get resurrected twice.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
If there's an afterlife after the afterlife, would it be called the afterafterlife? :thonkazurill:

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
This is some Days of Future Past level confusion. 0.o

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Last night I thought I was getting sick. I went to bed way earlier than normal and slept for 13 hours. Now I don't feel as bad, aside from the fact that I'm utterly exhausted and my muscles don't want to do anything. Idk what's going on, but it's really annoying because I was supposed to be using this time to job hunt.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I think it's about time for me to abandon ship and leave the club tbh... I've been pretty inactive here on the new site and when I have posted it's been mostly just to keep up an obligation. Y'all can go ahead and remove me from the member list :pensiveazurill:

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Ah, farewell, Bubba. We'll see you around elsewhere!

@Typhlosion Sorry to hear that, having that happen when you're trying to job hunt is never a good thing. )x

In the meantime, what's everyone else been up to? Speaking of job hunting, I had a job interview yesterday at a company that I got the chance to visit thanks to connections that a friend of my parents has with them. I'm hoping this will be the one to pay off! And am eagerly awaiting for baseball season to officially start. And also eyeing football free agency.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Oh okey Bubba, see you around.

I need to post here more often. I just forget especially because of lack of notifs.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I just post in here whenever I want to tbh.

Things are cool. Just relaxing, enjoying the end of the weekend. I tend to say that a lot, lol.

Mudkip_Mishchief

Goodbye
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
IGN
bbop
I dont post here enough bubba's post made me realize ;-;

I wish i could enjoy weekends, i work doubles on both days sometime working, 26-27 hours just between saturday and sunday so i dont have time for anything else

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I feel like I try to post as much as I can, especially when we have interesting topics to discuss. Back on Azurilland I know I ran away with the most posts in Versions 2 and 3, haha.

Anyway, how's everybody doing? I'd say I'm doing well enough, took another adventure into the city for Flyers Fan Appreciation Night. Despite the disappointing end result, it was kinda cool going into the city alone once again. Although I did make a mistake in getting to the Farg, taking the wrong route and having to circle back around to get to the entrance, haha. I've talked about how in big cities like Philly, you WILL make mistakes driving. Now just waiting to get to go to Orlando at the beginning of next month!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
dang we've been stuck on page 30 for awhile, haven't we

I am doing well. My main concern is that I'm tired. I haven't been getting to sleep early enough so I gotta fix that soon, lol

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Yeah, it's a shame I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I used to. I really feel that about being tired, though. I've averaged maybe 6.5 hours of sleep per night this week, which is less than I've been aiming for.

Last Saturday I ran my first half marathon. I finished in 1:59:09 and even though I wasn't aiming for any time in particular (I just wanted to finish haha) it's pretty cool I managed to get under 2 hours. It was in the morning, started at 8:15, and then the rest of the day I crashed. Got nothing done at all on Saturday, which has definitely come back to bite me a little bit.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I feel you. 6.5 hours of sleep definitely sucks, although I've kinda gotten used to that amount. Sadly, I've managed to get less than 6 hours of sleep the past 4 days which is no good at all. Hopefully we can both get our sleeping acts together!

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Typhlosion A half marathon? That’s cool to hear, going about these grueling runs can be tough, especially if you’ve never done them before. As for me, I’m getting the right amount of sleep I think, not waking up finding myself woozy or anything.

In the meantime, am typing this from the car on the way to a hotel near the Philly airport, where we’ll leavd our belongings before making our way to a Phillies game, with tickets that my parents won for doing a 5K. Then we’ll go from there to Orlando. But for now, time to see more domination from this epic new team! :coolazurill:

Scarlet_Death_

Beginner Trainer
Hi hi! How is everyone doing? Also congrats on getting under 2 hours Typhlosion!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hopefully you had fun on your vacation Pendra!

Anyways, I'm doing well. Almost at the end of yet another work week, lol. Still kinda hard to believe I'm now into my 16th month with this job.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I'm getting kind of tired (no pun intended wow) of how tired I've been all the time recently. I don't understand it. I've been making a conscious effort to get, if not more sleep, then at least as much as I always have during my college time. But nowadays I'm usually struggling to make it through the day without slipping into a doze.

Anyhow, this Tuesday is the date of an annual tradition at my university that's an "unofficial-but-official" schoolwide skip day. The nice thing about having a day off in the middle of the week is that none of the lab classes meet that week, since the Tuesday people would get thrown off the schedule and fall behind.

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
Can I join? I love seahorses!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hey ShadowedEevee! Welcome to the club!

I ended up having a long day at work today (close to 11 hours) so that was fun. It was my choice to do it, mind you, but still. At least I can put up with it at the beginning of the week. If I had to work that late at the end of the week I'd probably strangle somebody, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.