The Southern Island - Version 4: Can't have a rainbow without a little rain (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Note to self: do not work long hours with Kilza.

The tradition day I mentioned went along swimmingly. I got a sunburn, which of course is the true sign of a fun, successful day. Saw a couple acts on the main stage, had a nice sandwich from a food truck, got a bit of work done in the afternoon, and I was also about to spend some time on the phone with my grandparents. It's always nice talking with them and I really ought to more often.

The wildest thing happened to me the other night. I was playing Pokemon Ruby and had just made it to Fortree City, so of course the first stop was the Pokemon Center. I almost missed it from mashing A, but I caught the last two lines of the nurse telling me about Pokerus! Someone in my party had caught it and spread it to two other members of my team by that point. Since the odds of getting Pokerus are so infinitesimally small, I wasn't quite exaggerating when I said it was the wildest thing. Of course I quickly pulled out a couple of solid Pokemon from my PC, spread the virus to them, and stored them again so that I wouldn't lose the strain.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
@Typhlosion YOU RAN A HALF MARATHON WHAT HOW DID I MISS THAT

Major congrats, dude! That's a really impressive time for something like that. Much, much better than I would do, haha! 👍

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I know I acquired Pokerus in one of my recent playthroughs. I think it was on Y, haha. But that is cool to find! I also played some White 2 for the MarriPlays event, but I want to try to have fun writing my updates out for this one which is why I've been slow to get it out.

Glad you enjoyed your past few days, A_T! In the meantime, my parents are in Boston for the marathon tomorrow. They were at Fenway Park today, haha. Maybe we'll go in August when the Phils visit there...

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
Could I join? I like seahorses:)

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Haha, it's true, Resolute. But even if I ran it in that time, it was pretty much a whole-day affair.

So for those of you on the Island who like hockey (I'm sure there must be a couple) I went to a hockey game for the first time in my life yesterday. It was a minor league game, the Texas Stars vs the San Antonio Rampage. Because of some travel complications we arrived when the game was already a third over, but it was still fun enough to watch. Between that and getting dinner afterward I didn't make it home until about 1:15 in the morning! Wasn't terribly fun being up early for church today after that.

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
The wildest thing happened to me the other night. I was playing Pokemon Ruby and had just made it to Fortree City, so of course the first stop was the Pokemon Center. I almost missed it from mashing A, but I caught the last two lines of the nurse telling me about Pokerus! Someone in my party had caught it and spread it to two other members of my team by that point. Since the odds of getting Pokerus are so infinitesimally small, I wasn't quite exaggerating when I said it was the wildest thing. Of course I quickly pulled out a couple of solid Pokemon from my PC, spread the virus to them, and stored them again so that I wouldn't lose the strain.
Ooh congrats! I'm glad ya' noticed! :P I can't recall if I've ever gotten Pokérus.
Could I join? I like seahorses:)
Of course you can ♡ I've added you! Welcome to the island~

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I've gotten Pokerus a few times while playing. It's never seemed like that big of a deal to me, lol

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I got it through trades and I think once in game, never knew it was that uncommon but thought it was cool.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I mean, it's not like I'm going to reap any of the benefits of the Pokerus, since I'm not EV training my party Pokemon and they already had loads of random EVs I'm sure by the time they contracted it, but it's still cool to me that I scored something so rare.

Athena, sometimes kind people will put it on Pokemon they trade, and once you have it it's pretty easy to put on as many Pokemon as you like, but finding it naturally straight from the wild is incredibly unlikely. Pokerus has a ~1/21,845 chance of appearing, compared to the Gen III base rate of 1/8192 for encounter a Shiny Pokemon.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
How is it that Pokerus has a lower chance of appearing than a shiny Pokemon, yet I've never seen a shiny but have gotten Pokerus multiple times? :thonkazurill:

Merushii

Wings of Starlight
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Rin
Good question 🤔
Everyone doing okie on this lovely day?~

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Doing pretty good! We’re almost home from watching the Sixers DOMINATE the Nets to advance to the second round. And tomorrow, which is my birthday, I’ll be going out to the Franklin Institute to view their Marvel Superheroes exhibit. That’ll make for good prep for Endgame! And on Thursday I’ll be going into the city AGAIN for a draft party for the Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. I’m excited! :D

Hope the rest of you are doing well also ^_^

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I'm doing alright I guess. I'm going to play White 2 because Marriplays and keep rewatching Avatar.

Can I get Reshiram replaced with Hydreigon and Arcanine replaced with Tyrantrum, and get a dark purple colored name?

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Geez this place has been dead. Let's do something about that! So, this past week has been pretty darn good for me. Here's what's since went on.
So for my birthday, as I said, I went to the Franklin Institute and learned more about the history of the Marvel franchise. And afterwards, went to a bar in University City where an incredibly lovely news update anchor from one of the sports radio shows was hosting a raffle where she gave away some golf oriented prizes. I didn't win anything, but being there was still fun. Then on Thursday was the NFL draft party at the Linc, where we got to spend time out on the field, tour the Eagles' locker room, interview room and then some, and even get ANOTHER picture with the Lombardi Trophy and with two other players before the draft went down. I'll surely post some pics later!

Then, California. We went to the Newport Beach area, and overall, while the trip wasn't a bad experience per se, it was just one that I feel ended way too soon and we sadly didn't have enough of a chance to do more than we got to. Walking around the pacific area was fun, though, and there were some nice environments. Again, not a bad trip, just one I wish we had more time to do stuff with.
Marriland Plays has been fun too. Playing White 2 again has been another good time reminding me of why I've always liked the game (2016 notwithstanding). And it is nice to see others enjoying it, too!

And today I saw Avengers: Endgame, which was pretty awesome. What a way to (presumably) bring in the end of an era. It is sad saying goodbye after so long, though. Wonder what they'll do next! Now to look forward to Detective Pikachu, haha :'D

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Finals are behind me! I'm so glad. I was tired of being tired, and it really bothered me that I simply didn't have the time to be on the forums for the better part of three weeks! Grades have to be in by the end of tomorrow, so I'll know how well I did on them by then.

Now, I'm visiting my grandparents for a few days as part of my trip back home for the summer. It's always nice to come to their house, but it feels unusually quiet around here without any of my siblings! Of course, from my grandparents' perspective, having anyone around here except them makes it seems busier than normal. On Wednesday I'll begin my two-day drive home, so by the end of Thursday I'll be back in Virginia.

I had to wait until May 6 for my chance to see Endgame, but it was well worth it! They said I could never avoid spoilers for the eleven days after its release, but I sure did. I wasn't about to have the experience ruined after waiting all the time since Infinity War. I also went with a friend to see Detective Pikachu on the night of its release as a post-finals celebration. Both movies were really great. I might have a chance to see them both again in theaters if I take my younger sister to see them.

Scarlet_Death_

Beginner Trainer
Congrats on getting done with finals typhlosion! I’m bout to go back to school myself for counciling.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Oh, counselling, eh? Can't say I know too many people who are studying that! Do have any idea what sort that might be?

@Pendraflare especially, since I think we talked about this already, but for anyone else who also plans on attending the Pokemon World Championships in DC this August, I've gotten a better idea of my end-of-summer schedule, and the odds look really good that I'll be able to go check it out! Perhaps I'll be able to see some of you there as well!

thesouthernisland

Beginner Trainer
Heyo everyone. It's Kaity. So I'm going straight to the point. TSI has been at a point where it is struggling to keep itself afloat and with me personally, I just do not have the desire to keep up with the maitenence of this club. Or to be perfectly honest, even posting in the club in general.

A good part is because I never get notifications for this place but an even larger part is that I simply just do not take the time to look at the club to see what it is going on. I find myself doing other things instead.

With that being said, it is now time for TSI to close. Thank you all for the lovely memories and thank you so much for posting and keeping this club alive for over five years. That is a LONG time for casual clubs.

I encourage you all to create new clubs or join ones that are currently exisiting if you haven't already. Spread the love that us islanders certainly know how to share!

While it is a sad time, do not fret! You can't have a rainbow without a little rain. <3

Love you all, it was fun while it lasted!

TSI: May 2014-May 2019

--- Kaity :chikorita:

Status
Not open for further replies.