❖ The Space-Time Rift v6 ❖ - Deep in the Heart of (Fake) Texas

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Engineers lul

Also drought here too. Lots of fires in Australia too, massive shoutout to all fire fighters, definitely top tier people.

Pendraflare

Feel The Shake
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So, Colorado was fun, didn't get to do any major hiking but the view that we had was really neat. Got to check out some nice little places though, including another MLB park in Coors Field, which it felt like was near everything we checked out downtown. It was fun!

In the meantime, tomorrow I'm going to Six Flags Great Adventure for Fright Fest. That should be a scary but fun time.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I finally got a job and it's going to be at Western Digital. Now I get to spend the next 2 weeks goofing off.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Congrats, Andrew! Glad to see that the job search ended well for you.

Two midterms this week tomorrow and Tuesday but it'll be okay maybe :thisisfineazurill:

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Two midterms this week tomorrow and Tuesday but it'll be okay maybe :thisisfineazurill:
Wait, midterms already? Seems kinda early for that. But I have no doubt you will in fact be fine!

A few hours ago I got back from a weekend trip to New Haven, Connecticut for the Knights of Columbus College Councils conference. I skipped three classes on Friday and I have to do all my homework on this Sunday night, but it was very worth it. I got to share the trip with three other guys and we learned some awesome ideas and tips for better running our council.

Oh, and going to Connecticut means that for the first time in my life I've been someplace my dad hasn't, so that's a nice touch.

Fafrir

Wild Side
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan (-6 GMT)
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Congrats on the job Andrew! What is your new job about?

In other news, I have finished my part of the mural so I'm basically playing Dragon Quest 11, which recently released on Switch with added features. It's an enjoyable game and I may or may not have poured 28 hours into it. :P

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
My job title is Senior Firmware Engineer for a team under the servo mechanical division. Basically we're there to make sure that hard disk drives can read their stuff properly lol. The senior part of my title does surprise me considering the only thing I have going for me is a master's, but I'm up for the challenge to get that all important experience.

I wanted to get DQ11 but I won't get it until I finish DQ8 which won't happen until I finish the last 2 paths of Three Houses which is currently on hold due to burnout and Smash Ultimate and soon to be job.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Good luck on that job! They seem to be confident enough in you to give you the senior role, so believe in yourself.

Tfw club account becomes relevant again

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I'm glad you're still going to be around for this club, Thundawave! Though I don't envy you having to switch back and forth between accounts now.

Life has been a never ending rush lately. Not so much as to be overwhelming, but I'm very aware that I seem to be always on the move. Once I get through October things might slow down a bit but there are many events crammed into just these few weeks. Right now I'm juggling how much I want to participate in my university's Homecoming week celebrations. They always do a huge bonfire on Friday night in the middle of campus so you can be sure I'll check that out, at least. And the football game on Saturday.

How's everyone else doing? Fall seems to have arrived in Texas. We're down to the 70s instead of the 90s.

Zange

Drifter
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Riv, Chi
Time Zone
CST
hi gang it's been a while whoops

Senior year of hs is currently kicking my butt, mainly because of senior government and college comp (hey gotta save muns in college somehow). Luckily for me, I'm already halfway done with gov which is great because I hate that class. Not to mention, all my free time is currently being sucked up by rehearsals for our fall show so that's grand. But our fall show is a comedic thriller version of Dracula and show dates are right after Halloween so that'll be fun~

In not-irl-news, last month I applied and got picked for a staff position for the online newsletter I write for! My first issue in my new position goes up in about 10 days and I'm super excited!! Excitement about that aside, I've been doing some video editing lately for a good friend of mine. She has this whole song cover project and she has no way of putting together the videos herself, so she kinda outsources it to other people in that particular community. I enjoy helping her with them because it helps me get to know my editing program better (I've only been using it since about June), so it's a win-win for us both.

Aside from all that it's finally getting to proper sweatshirt weather here (or as I call it, being able to wear a sweatshirt without risk of overheating weather) which I'm very happy about.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Congrats on the staff position, Zange! Hope you enjoy the work that comes along with it.

The moment the heat wave ended, everything felt cold in comparison lol. But now I'm getting used to classic fall weather. Not used to a 10 page paper due Monday night, though. I'm hoping my professor likes me enough for participation points (40% of my grade lol) to cover anything this paper (the other 60%) fails at.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
The weather here can't stay consistent for more than a week as it'll be hot one week then cold the next. This week is a colder week with all the wind which has prompted PG&E (electric/gas company here) to shut down power for a lot just to prevent fires like the ones in 2017 and 2018. However, it's really just for people to not point the finger at them when decades of neglect on their infrastructure fail and cause fires.

It's weird no longer being in school and kinda boring that I do nothing all day as my orientation is on Monday. Glad I don't have to write papers or study for exams on subjects I'll never use outside of a class (looking at you compiler design)

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Two weeks ago we had fires devastating peoples homes. Now we have almost record breaking rainfall and hail. Almost like the climate has.... changed....

Fafrir

Wild Side
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan (-6 GMT)
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Meanwhile in Saskatchewan, we've got some snowy days but now it's been consistently cool. It seems like the weather's been random around the world.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
The fall weather around here has been pretty standard. 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit and overcast. The wind was higher than usual though. I was riding my bike last week and the wind was so bad that I went at a walking pace.

Thundawave

♔ Deja Vu ♔
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
IGN
Regine
Haha yes my nose is swollen thanks to bumping into someone who was swinging their arm during rehearsal. There are no ice packs in my apartment, so I’m up late waiting for a bag of water to cool to a decent temperature in the freezer. :upsidedownazurill:

On the positive side, though, the weather was gr9.

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hope that gets better, Regine!

One of my friends is trying to come back from a grade 3 (out of 4) concussion, and I really feel bad for her. She had to be up and about this weekend for an event but she had an ice pack on her head most of the time. Now she's supposed to rest for two weeks. No screens, no lights, no loud/sudden noises if she can help it, not supposed to read. Sucks.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
oof hope the swelling isn't too bad

Shut off the power PG&E said, it will prevent wildfires they said. Not far into fire season and we already got a large fire that's evacuated an entire town.

Work has been super slow and I haven't had anything assigned to me so I'm still just sitting around, but at just im getting paid to do so lol

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I switched to only doing online classes, and I got a bit behind due to not going at a very good pace. There’s some stress, but it isn’t terrible.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
So how about that sword and shield